• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting Problem Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
In case you can't tell by the new banner, we have a new download server. Arkidas from WC3Anvil.com has been generous enouph to allot us space on his server to host the 3.6 gigs of files that were taken down after WC3campaigns moved. So soon all the broken links found throughout the maps and skins sections will be fixed.

"WC3Anvil is a new Warcraft III modding site.
On WC3Anvil you can discuss about Warcraft III, Ask for modding assistance, Show us your project, Or even get hosted!

Additionally you can soon post images in the Art Gallery which is being set up."
-Arkidas

Lets all show our thanks for his support for the WC3 community by giving him a little traffic, shall we?

Note added by Darky29: VGsatomi payed the setup fee for the new webspace out of his own pocket. So also a big thx at VGsatomi for providing this

Level 22
More or less. WC3anvil is in independant site with its own forums, gallery and download section much like our own, but its new and hasnt gotten too much traffic yet. Being linked to our main page will help that site get the additional traffic it needs to get off the ground while in the meantime they grant us usage of their server for downloads. You got to keep in mind 3.6 gigs hosted for free is no small thing. On our current server, that would cost us an extra $800 a year. WC3anvil is helping us out a GREAT deal. I only hope we can help them as much as they've helped us.
-VGsatomi

Level 22
That banner position didn't seem that helpful for a site before , hope it works for arkidas' site.

Well, considering more people were introduced to this site via wc3campaigns rather then the other way around, of course the wc3c banner didnt help as much. This should be a litte different given the circumstaces.

EDIT: Well, it appears Arkidas has his account banned after I used my credit card to pay his fee. I guess it raised a red flag somewhere being that the card is not under his name. So needless to say Arkidas and I have some...issues...to work out with his provider. Unfortunatly this means it may be a little bit longer before the links are fixed.

...*kicks rock*
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.