• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Improve Resource Searching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I see the new hive has a lot of improvements respect to the last site, but, resource searching has become somewhat cumbersome (even though the bundle thing is a nice improvement too):

- The preview images when you use the "Search" bar. It just displays the Author's Avatar, thing which I personally don't see any practical use. That small space could be used to diplay the model's preview image, so you don't have to click every resource to see how does it look like and if it's actually useful to you.

- Filters have that much options that using the check boxes is not practical. Having to read through all the options each time you want to filter in a certain way makes it too slow and practically unused, when taking a good portion of space in the resource page. A really easy fix is to instead put the tags bar just like the one below the box I used to make this thread.

-Letters are small and gray, which contrast almost nothing with the a-bit-darker gray background. Probably most people won't care, but people with eye issues can find it painful to read in the new Hive.

That's all for now, I tried to be objective in the suggestions, sorry if i didn't.

Level 6
You basicly can't use the search function at all which is the most annoying thing ever. Like the best function we got isn't working at all. Like you can't even search for something basic as "Orc" to get all orc models. I think the search engine should be the number 1 focus right now. I bet alot of people get frustrated trying to find things. Also when you search for something it doesn't have to show every single comment on like a model. For example I searched for Gul'dan and it came up like 4 comments from the same model when all I did was searching in the model section. But yeah overall the site is better and it will become alot better than the old one over time. So I am still happy you upgraded even tho it's chaos right now. Fix the search engine and I can live with the rest of the problems.

Level 20
- Filters have that much options that using the check boxes is not practical. Having to read through all the options each time you want to filter in a certain way makes it too slow and practically unused, when taking a good portion of space in the resource page. A really easy fix is to instead put the tags bar just like the one below the box I used to make this thread.
-Letters are small and gray, which contrast almost nothing with the a-bit-darker gray background. Probably most people won't care, but people with eye issues can find it painful to read in the new Hive.
1. I like the check boxes on the side menu, to be honest. They are much more visible and since they are sorted alphabethically, I don't have a problem with finding anything. However, I wouldn't mind your suggestion either.
2. Oh, yeah, the letters could use some different colors that would contrast the background a bit more :)

Also when you search for something it doesn't have to show every single comment on like a model. For example I searched for Gul'dan and it came up like 4 comments from the same model when all I did was searching in the model section.
Oh god, tried searching for Gul'dan and I just got a ton of stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with Gul'Dan. I mean - some didn't even have the word "gul'dan" anywhere on the resource page or in the comments.

I'm sure this is already known but just to add my 2 cents --- I cannot find anything with the search feature at all. Trying to search icons, no matter what I type the result comes back as nothing.
Icon searches are currently completely broken - you will only find anything if you search for a specific, full name of an icon.
I'm sure this will be fixed, but the best you can do for now is just use the filters to narrow your search and browse through the entire list.

Status
Not open for further replies.