Hero Strife TD is a map where two genres meet: Hero Defense and Tower Defense. There are races to choose from and each race has its own heroes. Make your decision and start executing your strategy. You can send units against the enemy teams to make them struggle and by doing that you gain income. There are 30 waves to defend your castle from.
There are 4 teams, each team has 4 mazes for each player and a base. Your heroes are in the base protecting the castle from creeps. Killing 2 creeps in the maze creates a unit to a random opposing team. But your leaked creeps will be directly going to your base.
|- 30 Waves||- 22 Races|
|- 16 Players||- 4 Teams|
|- Fun Gameplay||- Teamwork|
|- Challengers||- Forests|
Q: Why do heroes have standard abilities?
A: I'll rework the heroes throughout the updates when I feel like they could be better. For now, standard abilities are fine.
Q: No custom skins/models etc., why?
A: I wanted the map to be pretty in Reforged too.
Q: Why are the Forests small?
A: For more PvP engagement and to make the forest chaotic.
Q: Some abilities have Unlimited Range, why?
A: Before the forests and arena I felt like there should be some Hero PvP. If it feels good enough without Unlimited Range I'll remove that feature.
silly me, forgot about that "1" thing (>ლ). Also how many players did you play it with?
16, though 2 teams died pretty quickly, and once that happened the lag stopped happening.
There was a bug with the shadow race Akama hero where after he reincarnates he loses his vision, and so can't go to the jungle to farm creeps properly.
Thought I'd drop by with some more feedback (on latest version):
- Game still chokes with lag at the start. Some people left because of this (16 players).
- When the owner of the castles leave the game, they despawn. This prevents teams from losing.
- The whole mana fountain / income system feels very slow. I think you should add more levels to the mana regeneration upgrade.
- Someone mentioned they had an unkillable phoenix (probably the infamous dead-but-alive bug).
How many units are getting damaged how many times per second may have an impact, but it should be a steady impact and not something that has actual spikes.Nice to see some updates. I'll get my gang to play it again soon!
Regarding the lag, it could be because of Bribe's Damage Engine (i have a similar problem with this). Basically, because your TD has quite a lot of units at any given point, the lag could purely be because of the multitude of damage instances that are occurring and any damage events this may activate. The spiking you describe when multiple units die at the same time is a symptom of this i think. Make sure you've kept the number of damage events to the minimum (having 1 fat damage engine trigger/code is much less laggy compared to having 10 smaller ones).
How many units are getting damaged how many times per second may have an impact, but it should be a steady impact and not something that has actual spikes.
Any on-death spikes must be associated with something other than damage engine. Like if they don't leave any corpses (ie. their death time is very low, or the gameplay constant for death time is set very low) I can see that the unit cleanup process of WarCraft 3 could cause a lot of overhead (as unit creation and removal is very taxing on the CPU).
From my testing and experience, that depends. For examples sake, lets imagine 100 instances of damage occur per second. If those occur spread out during a second (e.g. 1 instance per 0.01 sec) then yeah everything is smooth as silk. If they happen all at once, you definitely get noticeable lag spikes.
In the Damage Engine test map, for example, surround an Infernal with 100 footmen, with its permanent immolation having enough AoE to hit them all. You get noticeable performance issues. If you set the periodicity for its immolation to 0.1 seconds, the test map basically seizes up.
I mention on-death effects being a symptom of the damage engine choking as that's generally when you realize a damage source has simultaneously killed a bunch of units. My original query to AvatarsLord was basically checking if he had any tower or hero abilities that were causing excessive simultaneous damage instances either all at once or over a short period of time. Some of the TD waves have like ~30 units per player, that's 480 units getting pounded on by towers, and then you have the Hero Defense aspect occurring at the same time, which is probably more. Thus in a map like this Damage Engine should be used cautiously to avoid performance issues. My suspicion was that the game gets less laggy with less players because the strain on the system is much less.
Nice to see some updates. I'll get my gang to play it again soon!
Make sure you've kept the number of damage events to the minimum (having 1 fat damage engine trigger/code is much less laggy compared to having 10 smaller ones).
I mention on-death effects being a symptom of the damage engine choking as that's generally when you realize a damage source has simultaneously killed a bunch of units. My original query to AvatarsLord was basically checking if he had any tower or hero abilities that were causing excessive simultaneous damage instances either all at once or over a short period of time.
(as unit creation and removal is very taxing on the CPU)
Hi, I really enjoy your map, there is plenty to do, however I think it still need some balance/modifications.
- Some heroes are not fun, casters specially, I think you need more end game items for spell power or cdr
- Towers are a bit too repetitive, we need more towers for each race and with more accessible prices to have variations from every new game.
- Mana fountain AUTO transfer doesn't match the max mana of the fountain, it will always transfer at 50.
- Decrease the lifesteal aura from the dreadlord maybe? I had a game the guy was alone we were two against him and we couldn't kill him (he told us he had a bug his ultimate was up constantly, idk if it was true, maybe something to look into)
- Units to send with wood seem too weak, you have 3 taverns but only 2 different. We need really end game bosses maybe with decrease healing aura, stun chances or reflect physical damage.
-Better description like Pro/Cons when race picking
From the top of my head that's all I remember. Also a personal preference would be to be able to maze instead of having the towers on the side of the path
Thank you so much for creating this map it's really fun. I just created my account for two maps that I'm really exited about,it's one of them hehe
I've had a bug with dreadlord's ultimate where its sets my dmg to 0. It was on version 1.05, don't if you fixed, but I'd forgoten about it, so I'm reporting it now. :d
Here's video with the bug happening:
You're updating so quickly! That's so great
Tested the version 1.11 yesterday hosting on Bnet, I really liked the All Hybrid mode ! Also tested All Random, but I was wondering, for this two modes, is there a possibility to reroll ?
I had couple of players that didnt like their heroes/towers and left.
Couldnt try all new items and heroes yet but cant wait to do so !
Thanks for your hard work
Hey mate! Love the game. Just had to make an account to hop in the comments for one thing. Can you make it so that the game doesn't actually end once all teams except the last team are defeated? It would be nice to see how far we can get! Typically the troll batrider level get's people. Aside from that, everything is great!
- I like the idea of the forest like a bonus place to lvl up and make gold but i got a few problems with it:
- Why do i need to attack the mobs before they become my enemies? is pretty annoying having to always A + click every mob.
- I feel like in late game there needs to be either a harder arena for higher levels or just make that stronger mobs appear in the late game that give more money or even bosses would be also cool.
- The mobs in the forest for some reason run in the corners and on the sides of the zone and is hard to hit them because of the trees and the circles, even after i attack them they still run away from me in the corners.
And also you can manipulate them by attacking them with air units, making them run nonstop and not fight back, another reason to make them all not allies, but enemies from start.
- In a multiplayer game after only 1 team remains alive it would be much better if the game didn't end and continued untill the last castle of the last team is destroyed, the main reason is the fact that even tho the last team "won" the game by beeing the last team alive, it still feels like they lost since they didn't get the chance to get to the end of the game.
- The arena bosses seem a bit weak, especially the last one, i suggest buffing their dmg and giving them some spells as well, they are kinda boring. (i think all 3 of them had only 1 weak spell, which was pretty lame).
- Would be nice to have a higher variety of items to choose from, basically all the items are pretty useless once u get in the late game, maybe some recipes as well would be nice, similar to dota maps,horde vs alliance,etc.
- I didn't encounter other massive bugs, besides i guess the fact that at the beginning of the game it lags a bit when people choose their heroes.
- I really liked the map, played it in multiplayer but i only finished it so far by playing it solo on normal, it seems going only for the hero and income and skipping the towers is the way to go, but is possible with towers as well, its just harder to do.
I played with the Female ranger that has owls and multi shot active spell, i got so overpowered i was killing the mobs in 1 shot, i had like 1000+ base dmg + 700 dmg from the aura . I think the ranger is the strongest hero in the game, but i didn't test them all.Do you mind if I ask about what race and hero did you pick when you played solo?
Hey, me again.
I hosted many games on Bnet and would like to give you my honest thoughts on balancing (I requests nerf on towers/heroes I am playing)
Sorry I dont remember the exact names of units
- Wyrm tower: Splash/crazy damage and cost "only" 2600, some end game towers are more expensive and are less effective
- Maiden hero: I won and seen win many times players that invested a lot in her, her ultimate is very very strong and her passive too
- Huntress tower: It doesn't attack air but will keep you ahead of the game for so long with just one tower
- Rock Giant hero: His ultimate based on his death isnt rewarding enough. His rolling stone ability is strong but a lot of units seem to not get damaged
- Space marine hero: His ultimate is really useless. His passive headshot should have increased chances every level of skill, but nerf the stun duration to 0.5s
- Tinker Hero: He's decent actually, I just believe his Ultimate could be reworked, I'd rather use my rockets than my ult.
- Tower with ability "Roar": We have to cast roar manually, could be better if we can set it to auto
- Golden Knight : His charge ability cost too much mana and is melee range, with a name like Charge you expect to be able to target from afar.
- Far seer: I believe his ultimate is a canalisation, maybe make it instant so he can attack as the ultimate goes
- Naga deepsea lord: His ultimate need to be changed, it's way too specific, you might use it in a game once or twice, completely useless against waves.
- Priestess of the moon: Shes very balanced my only concern is the owl ability, sometimes shoot a different place that I am aiming for. Also if you could lower the owl to the ground so it's easier to see where it sould touch?
- Basic archer tower: I can't seem to find this tower in any race builder but it keep appearing with hybrid builder. This tower with a huge range has a very low attack speed, very low attack and still cost 50. I believe you could put the cost to 30-35 or change the attack rate/damage or the crit passive chances
- Brood mother tower: The spiderlings are completely useless
- A lot of builders dont auto build
- The space marine: His shoting trough doesnt seem to do any damage with orbs (not even main target)
- Sorceress tower: Upgrade has the same damage on ability as the previous one. No visual effects for the attack
- Far seer: The summon ability doesnt show all levels to upgrade
- Naga deepsea lord: His cleave attack doesnt seem to cleave at some upgrade levels
- Dark ranger: Black arrow doesnt have the health of the skeletons on every upgrades (some people told me their skeleton got less hp than previous updates)
- Glaive thrower tower: is marker ground and air but doesnt attack air
- Keeper of the grove: The summon ability doesnt show all levels to upgrade
Thanks for reading all this
From what I remember it doesnt have unlimited range, so you can't kill other teams trying to defend if thats what you were talking about. For the passive, I think he really need more dps, if you compare with other agility based heroes he seem to do very low damage. That's why I believe chances should increase with ability level, maybe nerfing the crit damage and obviously the stun.Is it though? By killing one hero on the enemy team, it should harden the wave for the team. I will test it to see if it is really useless. About the passive: if I increase the chance it would be really op considering space marine has really high speed.
It is a canalisation, you can't cast other spells while its on, so just making it instant and keep going when you do other stuffs might be alright or unlimited range?Will buff it up to see if it can be good, otherwise, I will rework.
I haven't played him since very long, but I rarely see anyone cast the ultimate. Currently can you cast the ultimate and run while it keep slowing ?What do you mean? His ultimate is an instant cast spell. It damages and slows the enemy around him for a duration.
Yes ability levels, the amount of hp they will get is not displayed. But I tried checking in a game it seemed alright for their max hp increasing.By update, you mean ability level increase? If that the case, I must say that it is a weird bug. Will try to find it.
From what I remember it doesnt have unlimited range, so you can't kill other teams trying to defend if thats what you were talking about. For the passive, I think he really need more dps, if you compare with other agility based heroes he seem to do very low damage. That's why I believe chances should increase with ability level, maybe nerfing the crit damage and obviously the stun.
It is a canalisation, you can't cast other spells while its on, so just making it instant and keep going when you do other stuffs might be alright or unlimited range?
I haven't played him since very long, but I rarely see anyone cast the ultimate. Currently can you cast the ultimate and run while it keep slowing ?
Yes ability levels, the amount of hp they will get is not displayed. But I tried checking in a game it seemed alright for their max hp increasing.
Thanks for the last update man.
I garantee you your map is getting more and more popular. 90% on people I played with were so happy to discover it and played many rm afterwards.
Tried to explain to most people in the room what it was about using macros hopefully you would agree they are accurate:
It's half TD half hero defense. What your towers leak, your hero will defend.
Towers give 3x more gold than hero kills and every 2 kills will send 1 unit to enemy team.
You have a mana fountain, that mana can be converted to wood to send units and gain income. You can put it on AUTO ON at start.
You can choose to go jungle with a hero, to gain extra XP (a teleport stone is in your castle).
I play in mode ALL HYBRID, you can reroll your towers and heroes for 50g at start before building anything.
It is the only map I host now, and I can't have enough ahah
Hey, nice map but found a bug on blood mage's phoenix where it didn't die. I think it happens when u level up phoenix skill and phoenix is still alive and get the skill upgrade. Hope to see new versions its a nice concept, keep up the good work!
pd: Also T1 and T2 mid range towers should be buffed a bit as low range ones seems to deal way more dps as the waves keep coming and they can hit for more time, also sorceress as 400 g for a 90 dmg cone doesnt seems worth and not sure if upgraded sorceress has any benefit as spell tooltip doesnt change.
@Gloane The bloodmage bug is apparently not related to the map but directly to the game.
Sorceress tower is actually one of the strongest in my opinion.
@Avatars Lord I am writing a Google spreadsheet for the towers and would like to know if you have a list of all the towers somewhere or if I keep writing it manually from the game. Thanks
Edit: Scratch that, I'm almost done
Do you think you could add a votekick feature ?
The google sheet is not finished completely but I will post it here and in game.
If you make changes on towers on next update could you tell me which ? Also if you have suggestions for the sheet
I picked this number because it seem to be the range a tower would need to attack the whole maze area, but I'm really not sure (I did the sheet at work lol)
Also, again about this Blood Mage bug, do you think you could do a hotfix of the current version just removing his ult or something ? I know it's not from your map, but playing in AH it really ruin the game when sometone has a invincible pheonix...
Thank you so much for the fix for Blood Mage so quick, also for the kick feature but I don't see any info about the command.
Cool preview picture!
Thanks for the sorceress fix on visual and on upgrade it looks great.
Not sure if doable, but could you add a display, like a range display around the hero fountain where hero can regen after each waves ? Would be cool if the display can show that it is for regen purpose like some + or green icons..
Another take on reroll, I got a lot of people asking for reroll to not disappear after choosing a hero or building.
Maybe you could just increase the cost by A LOT on the second (maybe 250 and add some wood to it 100 maybe) and next ones but keep the first at 50 ? If players didnt use the first at 50 before building then it goes directly to the second expensive one.
Yes I noticed the egg was still there I figured the fix was something else, but yeah sometimes the phoenix was still bugged.
Noticed the votekick now, my bad I must have overlooked a bit.
I meant the permanent reroll to stay within the AH mode only. The purpose of this reroll would be for players that can't catch up with their towers but with the price that you mentionned they would never be able to afford it but the players ahead would.
I keep thinking about the nerf of Ranger who is honestly way too strong. Her ult is never used because her multishot is too strong.
I was thinking of having her ult with unlimited range with a circle zone to target, so she can use it on enemy teams and her multishot, either nerf the time or the amount of arrows shot, or reworking it making it a passive with chances to add arrows to auto attacks +1 in the beginning (from 5% chances to 30% maybe) and at the very end of the ability level, +2 arrows (starting from 15% chances)
I take back what I said about Space Marine ult, it can be useful, keep it as is.
Other players told me about the cleave on Naga, really some levels don't have any, like the first one. The difference between rank 1 & 2 is minimal but on the same creeps when you upgrade it you suddenly see the difference.
I think the Blood mage would need some love, honestly his AoE should hit air targets, not the fire on the ground afterwards, but at least the first impact. His firebolt could so some AoE too, but stunning only the main target.
The two hero that are perfectly balanced and I have fun playing them everytime are : Priestess of the Moon and The Lich. Gratz on them (still have some issues with potm owl, but still fun. Does this ability has a max unit to hit?)
Thanks for the hotfixes, I dont think I experienced any of these, but the Gryphin fron the high gards have his ability requiring something, if that's intended idk how to activate it