• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 - Animalistic Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 points for coding, so thats 10 points you wont have.

maybe it is actually refering to coding of all spells. For example lets say firebreath.
You can use channel as dummy spell. and then use 3 loop triggers that determine the damage and waits. Make about 15 global variables with arrays that determine ability stats. Create a dummy unit that represents flame breath effect, make leakless . OR you could just use normal fire breath ability. So in my opinion, object editor preety much covers many things so if someone perchance uses all object editor spells he should be given max grade at coding. Remember it is not a spell/triggering competition.

Level 16
Champara Bros, it IS a spell\triggering competition, in a way. It's just more 'enhanced' than just a spell competition, with balance and synergy thrown in the complex.

Deolrin is right. You cannot win points for coding with a blank trigger editor. You can use object editor abilities, and I'm guessing that you won't lose many points for it if it's only one, but I'd take Deolrin's word about this one. He's been here a long time and probably knows what hes talking about.

Level 17
maybe it is actually refering to coding of all spells. For example lets say firebreath.
You can use channel as dummy spell. and then use 3 loop triggers that determine the damage and waits. Make about 15 global variables with arrays that determine ability stats. Create a dummy unit that represents flame breath effect, make leakless . OR you could just use normal fire breath ability. So in my opinion, object editor preety much covers many things so if someone perchance uses all object editor spells he should be given max grade at coding. Remember it is not a spell/triggering competition.

He said all his abilities were object editor, so thats 0 points from coding.

This is a rule from an older Hero Contest:
The spells can be made using GUI, JASS, vJASS, or just significant object editor work.

Entries with zero coding will neither get disqualified nor receive 0/10 points. They will be judged for the detail of work within the Object Editor. However, don't expect any impressive score either.

So, tip: It will be better if you use a leaked trigger to enhance your spell's functionality than plainly work with the Object Editor alone. I mean, how hard it is to comprehend, that for example Unit - Explode unit will explode a unit, Unit - Set life will set a unit's life to the specified value, Special Effect - Create (...) will create a special effect, etc. You don't need to be skilled, you need to be creative. The logic of combining triggers for the desired effect is behind the philosophy of 'being creative', not being smart.

Last edited:
Level 4
Ten days is more than enough time to get a hero made! Here's to hoping I can finish my hero by then. I've been working with the Swarm theme, my hero being aptly named the Swarm Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.