• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 - Animalistic Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the low requirements and the number of resources available, it doesnt suprise me

Object editor spells are accepted. That immediately makes it open to 100% of people.

I am sorry for asking but according to you which spells are considered object editor spells. If those are all pre-made warcraft abilities, does it mean we need to only base our abilities on them but make all values 0 and trigger the effects ourselves ? And in your opinion should we be allowed to blend 2 objet edirot abilities into one and use that ?

Level 16
Object editor spells are pre-made spells, modified in value to suit the whims of whoever is using them

Trigger spells are either A: Object editor spells edited to ahve a 0 on everything except range, cooldown, manacost, you get the point, or B: Abilities based off of Channel (which serves no real purpose in WC3 other than for making trigger enhanced spells)

Horne Tartaurus, Beast-god of Malice
IconBackstory and Information
attachment.php
Horne was once a might warrior of the Bloodhoof tauren. But he was offered unimaginable power by Lord Archimonde.
The remaining part of his mind not warped and demented like the reset of his body regrets his decision.
Warrior Hero, excellent at drawing fire and breaking frontlines.
Can learn Rampage, Mocking Expulsion, Malicious Impact, and Rupturing Slam.
Attacks land units.
Spells and Abilities:
Icon
Details
Rampage
attachment.php
Enters a rampage, forcing Horne to constantly run at high speeds, but draining his mana whilst Rampage is active. Any small enemy units in Horne's way will be knocked back and damaged. When this ability is deactivated, Horne will attack and move slower for the same duration of the time Rampage was activated, and cannot cast Rampage again till Horne's movement and attack speed returns to normal.
Mocking Expulsion
attachment.php
Taunts and mocks nearby enemies, making them attack Horne. He will taunt for three seconds, then release an expulsion of noxious gas from his mouth, reducing the armor of all units caught in range.
Malicious Force
attachment.php
Gives a chance that an attack target with HP lower than its max HP to explode, killing it instantly and dealing damage to nearby units. Only affects organic units below Level 5.
Rupturing Slam
attachment.php
Horne releases all his rage, jumping and slamming the ground, creating a set of shockwaves that deals damage to units in line and stuns them.

WIP 1.

Will update this post.

Model by jigrael
Ability icons by CRAZYRUSSIAN

Attachments

• BTNHorne.jpg
    BTNHorne.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 145
  • BTN_cr_CHARGE!.jpg
    BTN_cr_CHARGE!.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 122
  • BTN_CR_TaurEnvy.jpg
    BTN_CR_TaurEnvy.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 138
  • BTN_CR_TaurUltimatum.jpg
    BTN_CR_TaurUltimatum.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 147
  • BTN_CR_TaurSTOMP.jpg
    BTN_CR_TaurSTOMP.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 214
Level 7
i was about to say "OH MY GOD i have no chance" but then i realised yes, what is animalistic at him without the model?

Aesthetics
How good-looking the hero is? How well their appearance is fitting with the icons? Are the tooltips self-explanatory?/5
eh, so i guess imports are useless as long as the ingame resources fit well, am i right?

"not a stupid cow", yet "half-Demon in concept". Demons are supposed to be creatures of low intelligence, so kinda contradicting :p

Where's the human nature in the final output of your hero? All you said is that he is half tauren (a fact that defines its animal nature by default, although taurens are already a combination of animals and humanoids) and demon.

Level 4
A quick search of the definition of animal left me with:
"A living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli"

I believe a spider fits the description, although that may be a false definition.

Level 4
To be perfectly honest, it's a combination of man and nerubian, not man and spider, using this model which I'm very fond of. I believe it does quite well as a combination of the two species.

Also, I understand that you don't think bugs have anything to do with animals, but, by the definition I quoted (which I'm willing to throw out the window if a better one shows up), they very much are.

Level 4
This is a straight quote from the page you just linked me: "The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the kingdom Animalia, encompassing creatures as diverse as sponges, jellyfish, insects and humans.[4]". I didn't even have to scroll down to see that.

Level 17
Well now dragons are mythical but dragons are derived from real life animals that people back in the day didnt understand, so they made stories about them. After a few years the stories evolved and became more fierce, from what was a warrior catching a flying lizard, to a knight slaying a dragon. So in retrospect a dragon would be considered an animal. =P

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
To end this useless spam:
Bugs belong to Animals. Every living organism that has even one cell with piece of DNA or RNA (or mix of both, there are also differend types for each one) belong to Animals kingdom.

You were probably thinking about mammals since they are warm-blooded, have skeleton and evolution fullfilled them with many features that helps them in addaption in differend envirnments - bugs are common too but they have never dominated the world's population in history.

About the contest. DONT BE SO INFLEXIBLE about subjects. Fucking spider? YES spider! Leave it alove, let it be. As long as it's kind of animal and has 4 abilities at a time and blabla other stuff there should be no problem with entry and whatever..

Jesus, if I would tell that bugs aren't in animal kindgom on my Uniwersity it would be better for me to never go there again. Guys do a favour for yourself and go to school or meet some interesting people =)

Status
Not open for further replies.