- May 18, 2018
Contestants must create a Neutral Hero or upgrade a Neutral creep into a Hero. Possible examples might include Murlocs, Gnolls, or Nerubians. HD submissions only.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it's yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Your final submission must work in-game and be bug-free.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Entries do not necessarily have to be created from scratch. Edits from existing model are allowed as long as there is a certain amount of effort put into them, and must include a Dissipate animation and Hero Glow.
- In order to enter the contest and be eligible to win a prize, contestants must submit their final entry to the HD Model Resource section. Remember to write in the description: "Entry for the 1st HD Modeling Contest".
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 750 experience points
- 2nd place: 600 experience points
- 3rd place: 450 experience points
- Entry: 150 experience points
- Judge: 50 experience points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.
|Mesh||How does the mesh look? How are the balance and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution? Do the shapes complement the model's theme?||/15|
|Skin||How good is the wrap? Are the textures appealing, or do they look blurry/stretched from the default game camera and portrait? Do the tones go well together? Is there sufficient contrast? Do the Normals and ORMs create proper lighting for the model?||/15|
|Animations||How natural, smooth, and appropriate are the animations? Do they have physical coherence? Do they have character/personality? How well are they executed? Does the model have enough animations to function properly?||/15|
|Effects||Were the particle, ribbon, or mesh effects made in good measure? Do they contribute to the model? Are they impressive?||/10|
|Theme||How well does the model follow the contest theme?||/15|
|Integration||How well does the model work in-game? Does it feature the necessary attachments, footprints, sounds, and collisions? Are the attachments obscured? Is the model fully selectable? How well does the it fit in the game environment?||/10|
|Creativity||How original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution?||/20|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)
The contest shall begin on 20 April 2021 and conclude on 7 June 2021 GMT (day is included).
Assigned Staff: @Riki
Poll | Results