• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Happy Holidays and 2016 Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
untitled-3-png.168949

Hey guys,

We're happy to wish you all holiday greetings and a happy new year! The time has come for us to write something nice and feel-good about the ending of the year.

This year has been a very interesting one, for both the site and the Warcraft 3 community. Here is a summary of the highlights that happened during the past year:
It was a very good year for The Hive Workshop, but we can say that it still feels like this is just the beginning. The new site has been lacking in some areas compared to the old one, but is rapidly improving and in many cases far superior now. We're excited about being able to add new features that have been planned for years, and that we're sure you will love.
Keep on the lookout for current maps expanding past 8mb, and new maps being created to use the limit raise to its full potential. The hosted project Gaias Retaliation has even been ready for a while with their awesome 50 mb version.

Bring on 2017!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Wow, what an amazing year! I hadn't quite realized just how many awexome things came out of it. Thanks for putting this post together!

Completed a total of 19 contests in The Arena, the most since 2011.
Warms my black little heart to be a part of that. : )

Merry ChristmaHanuRamaKwanzadanukkah, everyone!

Ralle said:
Heinvers' Fel Lord was the highest best skin.
Bolded.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

We're excited about being able to add new features that have been planned for years, and that we're sure you will love.
Yes, I hope I can say "this has been awesome year for a hiver" at the end of 2017. And I know 2017 personally will be exciting one for me, heh...

Roland

R

Roland

Merry Christmas to you all hivers. I'm expecting a great year for only you guys.

Level 32
You guys want more in 2017? At this rate I'll be drinking to Hive accomplishments more than IRL ones ^^

Also, if anyone was wondering about the best resource list, they were all picked as the highest user rated ones statistically. Basically sort by rating, and picked the one furthest up the list if they had 2016 marked on it.

@Blood Raven Haha, yeah. It's only fair to include "the model side dishes" especially since the community thought of it so highly!

But it actually got on this list because I actually made a mistake in originally missing Tauer's model and putting your attachment as best model instead. KILLCIDE then pointed out that Tauer's was actually best rated, then I was like screw it, this attachment is worthy too :D

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
But it actually got on this list because I actually made a mistake in originally missing Tauer's model and putting your attachment as best model instead. KILLCIDE then pointed out that Tauer's was actually best rated, then I was like screw it, this attachment is worthy too
Well, you could be more specific and vary things. An attachment or spell FX cannot really be compared to a creature/entity/doodad model. So, better put one of each.

Level 32
Happy Holidays everyone!

Surprised the cool stuff list didn't bring up Abelhawk's WC3 easter egg videos, those were wonderful.
yeah, Ralle should probably update this thread. Those were indeed great..

Ah, it's not Ralle's fault. I was in charge of the list.
Added:
Also bumped up the completed contest counter from 19 to 20 because the Galaxy Contest finished recently :)

Level 34
It is time now. Christmas has come in several places such as Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Jerusalem and several others due to Julian calendar in Eastern Orthodox Church. It lasts here for three days, but 7. and 8. January are not working days, public holidays, 9. is normal day.
So, everyone who is celebrating Christmas today I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all best to you and your families!
You Serbs, МИР БОЖЈИ, ХРИСТОС СЕ РОДИ!
hristo11.jpg

Level 21
It is time now. Christmas has come in several places such as Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Jerusalem and several others due to Julian calendar in Eastern Orthodox Church. It lasts here for three days, but 7. and 8. January are not working days, public holidays, 9. is normal day.
Woah,never knew that.I thought Christmas was the same time everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.