1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Take part in forum poll and decide the winner of Icon Contest #16!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Congratulate the winners of the first ATC contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm making a series to showcase all WarCraft 3 Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Warcraft Town Hall' started by Abelhawk, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Recently, I realized there aren't any thorough Easter egg guides for WarCraft 3. Some show one or two, but some Easter eggs are never really talked about online. When I ripped the map files from the WarCraft III MPQ, I realized there are quite a few obscure secrets, and I wanted people to know about them.

So I'm making a video series showcasing each and every secret I can find in the game. Please check out the video and let me know what you think about it. I finished the Reign of Chaos human campaign, and I'll start working on each subsequent one in return.

If you like the project, spread the word! Support will help motivate me to make more. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I watched the whole thing, it was pretty entertaining. I'm not much of a Warcraft player myself, thus I wasn't even aware of the common easter eggs.

3. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I've subscribed your Channel too keep myself updated from your Awesome videos, Keep up the great work man! For the Hive!

4. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the support, guys! Share the video, and if you know anywhere on the Hive Workshop where this sort of thing would be better showcased, let me know. It's not exactly "off topic," but I couldn't find a more relevant forum category.

--- merge ---

Oh never mind, I see it's in the Town Hall now. Groovy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  5. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I didn't even know half of these. Subscribing!

6. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That was a great watch! Thank you for sharing.

7. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Wow! I didn't know they had that many juicy ones. I really love that you're looking within the maps themselves (via the editor)--you're definitely being thorough!

My favorite part is definitely the sound files about Jaina. Maybe it was a quest where she was taken away? But I like to think that Arthas actually saw her die and she was somehow resurrected. It is a lot more juicy from that perspective. I actually posted that to r/wow if you don't mind (with a link to your vid). She is such an iconic character, that I'm sure people would love to know about that tidbit.

The stratholme one is also pretty cool (the mysterious obelisk). It could very well be a statue of Terenas, but perhaps it is a tomb or religious thing? Stratholme was where the Silver Hand began--perhaps it could've been the resting place of someone iconic, e.g. Alonsus Faol. Or maybe it is a grave/inscription related to one of the past kings, e.g. Terenas Menethil I (Arthas' father is actually Terenas Menethil II). Just some wild guesses. I'm not sure how much lore was actually established at that point.

Thanks for the vid! I subscribed and I really look forward to the future ones. Great job on the editing too. As for easter eggs that you forget--(e.g. the one with the villager screaming for mercy), maybe you can make an "addendum" video at the end of the series that compiles all those ones you've missed? :)

8. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You missed the name written across the top-left part of the map in the second mission and the murlocs to the top-right hidden behind trees. Other than pretty cool, I didn't know about the Arthas and the Obelisk one.

9. Victarion

Victarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great vid! I only knew a couple of those. Town graveyard one really impressed me. Blizzard actually spend time to make graveyard spawn ghosts at night... And it is based on how many villagers died on that map? Wow that's some serious dedication to easter-eggs.

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Can we get a written list instead of having to watch through video footage?

You show ones like critters exploding but Blizzard has done that since Warcraft 1 as far as I know. Even StarCraft II has it that critters explode in single player if clicked enough.

11. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It works quite comically with the critters as well, so you can end up with pigs and sheep spawning.

12. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great idea with the addendum, PurgeandFire. I'm sure I'll miss some despite my best efforts, so I'll definitely keep a list.

And speaking of lists, Dr Super Good, I'd love to supply a list of all the Easter eggs, but where do you think would be a good place? All of the places I've found online are spammy and really unprofessional, which is why I wanted to make a detailed and (hopefully) entertaining look at each one. I guess I could make a thread here, but I'm not sure if that's the most effective way to showcase them.

13. bear_369

bear_369

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great video! I wasn't aware that few critters can be also killed by clicking them many times and clicking Garglemel many times to give you something.
    Subbing it and I'm looking forward to see the next one. Keep it Up! :thumbs_up:

14. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love the video, can't wait for a new one

15. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's so good. like really, really good. shame on blizz for not bothering with more easter eggs!

16. Squiggy

Squiggy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Great video I must say, also nicely edited.
    Especially the combination of GTA and Navy CIS was nicely done.
    As for the video itself, I loved the cutting trees part showing the worker just doing his thing - don't ask me why, I love that stuff.

17. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! I really appreciate it. I hoped to make a video series that was both entertaining and informative, and I hope I can continue to do so in the upcoming videos in the series.

18. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to watch your series. The first episode was well done. About Human chapter 04, Arthas was supposed to think that Jaina was dead but Medivh rescued her. The map contains unused variables that include Medivh. At one sidepoint you either were supposed to control Medivh to save Jaina or it was a cutscene of Medivh saving Jaina.

Guess that part was cut out.

19. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    well done

20. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    PART 2: PATH OF THE DAMNED
    >> https://goo.gl/SR1a2m <<

Hey, everyone! The Undead campaign for Reign of Chaos is now up. There may be a slight delay in the next one (Invasion of Kalimdor). I'm trying to find a new job right now, and thus must put more effort towards that. But I'll definitely do my best to get it done as soon as possible!

Share these videos with anyone you know who likes WarCraft III! Thanks for your interest in this series.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016