• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm making a series to showcase all WarCraft 3 Easter Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Recently, I realized there aren't any thorough Easter egg guides for WarCraft 3. Some show one or two, but some Easter eggs are never really talked about online. When I ripped the map files from the WarCraft III MPQ, I realized there are quite a few obscure secrets, and I wanted people to know about them.

So I'm making a video series showcasing each and every secret I can find in the game. Please check out the video and let me know what you think about it. I finished the Reign of Chaos human campaign, and I'll start working on each subsequent one in return.

If you like the project, spread the word! Support will help motivate me to make more. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

I've subscribed your Channel too keep myself updated from your Awesome videos, Keep up the great work man! For the Hive!

Level 12
Thanks for the support, guys! Share the video, and if you know anywhere on the Hive Workshop where this sort of thing would be better showcased, let me know. It's not exactly "off topic," but I couldn't find a more relevant forum category.

--- merge ---

Oh never mind, I see it's in the Town Hall now. Groovy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I didn't know they had that many juicy ones. I really love that you're looking within the maps themselves (via the editor)--you're definitely being thorough!

My favorite part is definitely the sound files about Jaina. Maybe it was a quest where she was taken away? But I like to think that Arthas actually saw her die and she was somehow resurrected. It is a lot more juicy from that perspective. I actually posted that to r/wow if you don't mind (with a link to your vid). She is such an iconic character, that I'm sure people would love to know about that tidbit.

The stratholme one is also pretty cool (the mysterious obelisk). It could very well be a statue of Terenas, but perhaps it is a tomb or religious thing? Stratholme was where the Silver Hand began--perhaps it could've been the resting place of someone iconic, e.g. Alonsus Faol. Or maybe it is a grave/inscription related to one of the past kings, e.g. Terenas Menethil I (Arthas' father is actually Terenas Menethil II). Just some wild guesses. I'm not sure how much lore was actually established at that point.

Thanks for the vid! I subscribed and I really look forward to the future ones. Great job on the editing too. As for easter eggs that you forget--(e.g. the one with the villager screaming for mercy), maybe you can make an "addendum" video at the end of the series that compiles all those ones you've missed? :)

Level 3
Great vid! I only knew a couple of those. Town graveyard one really impressed me. Blizzard actually spend time to make graveyard spawn ghosts at night... And it is based on how many villagers died on that map? Wow that's some serious dedication to easter-eggs.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Can we get a written list instead of having to watch through video footage?

You show ones like critters exploding but Blizzard has done that since Warcraft 1 as far as I know. Even StarCraft II has it that critters explode in single player if clicked enough.

Great vid! I only knew a couple of those. Town graveyard one really impressed me. Blizzard actually spend time to make graveyard spawn ghosts at night... And it is based on how many villagers died on that map? Wow that's some serious dedication to easter-eggs.

It works quite comically with the critters as well, so you can end up with pigs and sheep spawning.

Level 12
Great idea with the addendum, PurgeandFire. I'm sure I'll miss some despite my best efforts, so I'll definitely keep a list.

And speaking of lists, Dr Super Good, I'd love to supply a list of all the Easter eggs, but where do you think would be a good place? All of the places I've found online are spammy and really unprofessional, which is why I wanted to make a detailed and (hopefully) entertaining look at each one. I guess I could make a thread here, but I'm not sure if that's the most effective way to showcase them.

Level 12
Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! I really appreciate it. I hoped to make a video series that was both entertaining and informative, and I hope I can continue to do so in the upcoming videos in the series.

Looking forward to watch your series. The first episode was well done. About Human chapter 04, Arthas was supposed to think that Jaina was dead but Medivh rescued her. The map contains unused variables that include Medivh. At one sidepoint you either were supposed to control Medivh to save Jaina or it was a cutscene of Medivh saving Jaina.

Guess that part was cut out.

Level 12
PART 2: PATH OF THE DAMNED
>> https://goo.gl/SR1a2m <<

Hey, everyone! The Undead campaign for Reign of Chaos is now up. There may be a slight delay in the next one (Invasion of Kalimdor). I'm trying to find a new job right now, and thus must put more effort towards that. But I'll definitely do my best to get it done as soon as possible!

Share these videos with anyone you know who likes WarCraft III! Thanks for your interest in this series.

Last edited:
Level 19
Level 12
PART 4: ETERNITY'S END

The night elf campaign is done! Some definitely interesting ones in this one. This also concludes my look at Reign of Chaos, so next I'll look at the Frozen Throne.
I may take a break until then, though. My other projects, such as my webcomic, have been suffering neglect due to this project. I think I need to ease off a bit, maybe for a month or so. I hope you enjoy these four vids and share them around! They've been an absolute blast to make.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey guys, I'm working as fast as I can on Terror of the Tides in TFT, but it may be awhile. There are a ton of secrets in it, mainly because of the addition of Maiev's Blink ability.

In the meantime, check out this interview I was able to do with David Fried, one of the campaign/layout designers for WarCraft 3! He stumbled upon my videos, and when I emailed him, he agreed to answer questions I had about WarCraft 3's origins and his experience working at Blizzard.

Hope it tides you over until I can get the next video out! (No pun intended)

Level 12
PART 5: TERROR OF THE TIDES

Whew! This one took me way longer than I expected. If I had known it would end up being 16 minutes long, I would've released it in two parts. Hopefully the length doesn't discourage people from watching it, because there are some great Easter eggs in this one. I made a lot of errors throughout the editing process, so hopefully everyone can bear with me if they find one. For example, I realized that a couple of Easter eggs were easier to find than I thought, but by that point, I just figured I should leave the video the way it was so it could just be finished already.

I'm going to get right to work on the Curse of the Blood Elves one so that I don't get behind again. Enjoy!
This one also includes a link to my interview with David Fried.

Last edited:
Level 23
PART 5: TERROR OF THE TIDES
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snmYczCppWo&feature=youtu.be <<

Whew! This one took me way longer than I expected. If I had known it would end up being 16 minutes long, I would've released it in two parts. Hopefully the length doesn't discourage people from watching it, because there are some great Easter eggs in this one. I made a lot of errors throughout the editing process, so hopefully everyone can bear with me if they find one. For example, I realized that a couple of Easter eggs were easier to find than I thought, but by that point, I just figured I should leave the video the way it was so it could just be finished already.

I'm going to get right to work on the Curse of the Blood Elves one so that I don't get behind again. Enjoy!
This one also includes a link to my interview with David Fried.

Waiting for this. Next time I'll replay those campaigns, I'm gonna find these easter eggs. Great work! :)

Level 21
Oh i have some catching up to do! Throwing in a sub as well

p.s: looks like tft has some pretty elaborate eggies

Level 12
Holy crap, i randomly found these and they are a total blast to watch! I will be following your content from now on.

That makes me happy that you "randomly" found them! Did they show up on search results on YouTube? How did you find them? I'm hoping that they work their way to the top of search results so that more people will see them. The existing Easter egg videos are really old and not very detailed, even though they have thousands of views.

Level 4
I was very depressed when I spent several years using mountain giants to pick up trees going backwards from the starting area of the caravan level, hoping that there would be a secret back there. There wasn't :(

Level 12
PART 6: CURSE OF THE BLOOD ELVES
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDxQYR5xEcc <<

The blood elf episode of WC3 Easter Eggs is finally up! Hope you all enjoy it. I'm amazed at how many views the first video has gotten, and the rest are steadily rising as well. I wonder if the Warcraft movie will bring in some traffic, too... I know it made me want to replay all the Warcraft games. :D
I may take a week or so break before doing the undead and "all the ones I missed," since I'm behind on my webcomic and other things. But it'll come soon!
Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

new episode! hurray! *grabs popcorn

and good luck with the comic aswell. i found both your video and your comic is really entertaining :)

Level 12
PART 7: LEGACY OF THE DAMNED
>> https://goo.gl/iHKKUu <<

This one took way more work than I had expected. :p Though that's mainly because I was trying to rush to get it done before I leave on vacation for Independence Day. It's also much longer than any other video, and I didn't even go on any rants or tangents! Enjoy! I'll be making a joint "The Founding of Durotar" / "Exodus of the Horde" bonus campaign video next.

Status
Not open for further replies.