1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter . May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Modeling Mini-Contest #5 - Familiar is up! Compete to design a pet companion to a lonely WC3 Hero of your preference.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The present for our Christmas Mini-Texturing Contest finally arrived. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 6th installment of our Music Contest just got fired up! Now with an Apocalyptic taste. Get started and compete in this musical battle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm making a series to showcase all WarCraft 3 Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Warcraft Town Hall' started by Abelhawk, Apr 2, 2016.

1. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Awesome. Once again, great editing! Loved the "unsolved mysteries" edit, gave me a giggle.

And I agree about pandas. I enjoyed Pandaria, but I couldn't/still can't take pandas seriously.

I look forward to the orc campaign! >:)

2. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    PART 3: THE INVASION OF KALIMDOR
    >> goo.gl/ya3zza <<

The orc campaign is good to go!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  3. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/4hzgyh/wc3_easter_eggs_showcasing/

4. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast
    Whoa, this episode surprised me the most, I never knew these things. Can't wait for a new one :)

5. Wareditor

Wareditor
    I really like your videos. I love how you go beyond simple easter eggs and talk about the trigger part. Really interesting.

Good work!

6. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

I really love the grom one. I feel like I found that one out the hard way at some point--either way, it is hilarious.

Also, great idea on enabling the triggers! Good luck on the next one.

7. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    PART 4: ETERNITY'S END

The night elf campaign is done! Some definitely interesting ones in this one. This also concludes my look at Reign of Chaos, so next I'll look at the Frozen Throne.
    I may take a break until then, though. My other projects, such as my webcomic, have been suffering neglect due to this project. I think I need to ease off a bit, maybe for a month or so. I hope you enjoy these four vids and share them around! They've been an absolute blast to make.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  8. edo494

edo494

Jass Reviewer

pretty interesting stuff, you must've delved quite deep into the triggers :D

You made a comment about this on my video, I didnt understand too much, but I came by this in here, nice :D

9. mrwhite-

mrwhite-
  10. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    Hey guys, I'm working as fast as I can on Terror of the Tides in TFT, but it may be awhile. There are a ton of secrets in it, mainly because of the addition of Maiev's Blink ability.

In the meantime, check out this interview I was able to do with David Fried, one of the campaign/layout designers for WarCraft 3! He stumbled upon my videos, and when I emailed him, he agreed to answer questions I had about WarCraft 3's origins and his experience working at Blizzard.

Hope it tides you over until I can get the next video out! (No pun intended)

11. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch
    nice, a stuff for my russian blog :3

12. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    I'm like 92% done with the next Easter Eggs video, and I'm hoping to get it posted by tonight or tomorrow morning. Stay tuned! Thanks for your patience—this one took longer than I expected.

13. edo494

edo494

Jass Reviewer

looking forward to it already :D

14. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast
    Can't wait for it:)

15. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    PART 5: TERROR OF THE TIDES

Whew! This one took me way longer than I expected. If I had known it would end up being 16 minutes long, I would've released it in two parts. Hopefully the length doesn't discourage people from watching it, because there are some great Easter eggs in this one. I made a lot of errors throughout the editing process, so hopefully everyone can bear with me if they find one. For example, I realized that a couple of Easter eggs were easier to find than I thought, but by that point, I just figured I should leave the video the way it was so it could just be finished already.

I'm going to get right to work on the Curse of the Blood Elves one so that I don't get behind again. Enjoy!
    This one also includes a link to my interview with David Fried.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  16. Sclammerz

Sclammerz
    Waiting for this. Next time I'll replay those campaigns, I'm gonna find these easter eggs. Great work! :)

17. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily
    Holy crap, i randomly found these and they are a total blast to watch! I will be following your content from now on.

18. A]mun

A]mun
    Oh i have some catching up to do! Throwing in a sub as well

p.s: looks like tft has some pretty elaborate eggies

19. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    That makes me happy that you "randomly" found them! Did they show up on search results on YouTube? How did you find them? I'm hoping that they work their way to the top of search results so that more people will see them. The existing Easter egg videos are really old and not very detailed, even though they have thousands of views.

20. Footman16

Footman16
    I loved the mountain Giant bit lol, lots of effort obviously goes into these and the triggers behind the scenes are very interesting. Keep it up!