1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Here are the winners of Icon Contest #15!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Daffa the Mage challenged Rheiko to create the better GUI spell. Vote who you think was best here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Decide who's the leader among the leaders! The poll for the Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice

Legion TD 2

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by A Void, Mar 10, 2016.

1. A Void

A Void

[​IMG]

Legion TD 2 is an online free-to-play game that will be available on Steam. It's free-to-play, but not pay-to-win. It's the standalone successor to Legion TD, the hugely popular Warcraft III map that became the inspiration for StarCraft II's Squadron TD and Dota 2's Legion TD: Reborn.

As the creators of the original game, our vision is to take the genre to the next level. We've built Legion TD 2 over the past two years without being paid a dime. We're almost there, but we need your help getting Legion TD 2 through closed beta.

The closed beta will launch later this year with 4 playable legions (races) and over 50 unique fighters. The closed beta is a fully functional, multiplayer game. It will run for a minimum of 6 months before it is opened to the public. After the closed beta is stable, we'll be adding additional content and improving & balancing the game for years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_IF5berbA

Legion TD 2 Official Website
    Legion TD 2 Steam Greenlight
    Legion TD 2 Kickstarter

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Remixer

Remixer

I gotta say that this seems interesting. Got my best laugh of the day for the "safety mole" mercenary lmao xD

Just totally hilarious, I hope the guys find support and community (TDs were never my thing rly)

But man... this Jules... a model or something? (I guess not since it said he worked for RIOT lol)

3. Lisk

Lisk

Wow, I'm honored to have THW spotlight Legion TD 2. Thank you A Void!

For modders, check out the latest update on Custom Games in Legion TD 2!

(feel free to add to the original post)

4. APproject

APproject

Really attractive game I must say.

5. Remixer

Remixer

Okay authors, I hope you like my new avatar (got it on steam as well). Like literally, who came up with that idea? I just love him/her for that =D totally awesome!

6. Lisk

Lisk

HAHAHAHA just made my day. :grin:

I designed all the characters so far in 2D sketches/backstories, but the artists I work with get the credit for making them come to life in 3D!

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

50k on kickstarter already?!

Shit, I clearly picked the wrong genre when I started mapping. :(

Anyway, you guys deserve it! Legion is a highly addictive game that I invested more time into than many AAA games. :)

8. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

A really interesting game to play. :D

9. Richasliodo

Richasliodo

Going to keep and eye on this

10. NightStalker

NightStalker

Good luck with the development guys, this is one of the best TD games I've played and it is literally the best idea(competitive td), will definitely play on steam!

11. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Legion TD has got to be the most popular map on Battle.net right under DotA right now and for the past few years. Hell, people would notice that it's always being streamed more than DotA 1 on twitch.

LTD2 looks amaaaazing guys!

A Void, I hate you for posting this while I was inactive <3

12. A Void

A Void

My pleasure. :)

13. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Awesome,it's nice to see another map being made into a game.Good luck to everyone working on this,I hope this will be a success!

14. Lisk

Lisk

Thanks guys! Development is mostly on-pause right now in the midst of the Kickstarter, but I definitely wanna see if there's ways to get Hive Workshop people involved in the future since that could be an awesome partnership. Especially in terms of developing Legion TD 2 as a platform for modders.