1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter . May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Modeling Mini-Contest #5 - Familiar is up! Compete to design a pet companion to a lonely WC3 Hero of your preference.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The present for our Christmas Mini-Texturing Contest finally arrived. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 6th installment of our Music Contest just got fired up! Now with an Apocalyptic taste. Get started and compete in this musical battle!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Jass NewGen Pack [Official]

Submitted by MindWorX
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The JassNewGen pack 1.5g
This is the official Jass NewGen Pack, updated to version 1.5f.

This distribution includes Grimoire (1.5), the JassHelper compiler (Vexorian), PJass (1.0k) and PitzerMike's Grim Extension pack 1.0b, TESH v0.7.0.3 and Risc's Colorizer FINAL all ready to run.

The final result is a World Editor that compiles vJass code, uses PJass to check for errors, highlights jass code, has a proper testing environment, supports visual preview of colored tooltips and can use grim extension pack as well. Not to mention that JassHelper also saves backups of whatever you save so it is also safer.

The collection includes the following
Grimoire: Bryan Steinbach aka PipeDream
JassHelper: Vexorian
UMSWE: the UMSWE team
PJASS: Rudi Cilibrasi (first versions) and PitzerMike (updates)
GrimEx: Pitzermike
TESH: SFilip (and more)
Colorizer: Risc
Icon: Mc!​

1.5g
TESH has been restored back to SFilips version due to reported issues.
Added missing pjass.exe​

1.5e
JassHelper has been restored back to Vexorians version due to reported issues.
1.5d
TESH has been updated to 2.0.
JassHelper has been updated to the most recent version by Cohadar.
Reinventing the Craft has been removed, since it is discontinued.​

Documentation for the different tools is included in the zip.

This tool is only possible because of a huge collaboration of the community, and continues to rely on the community. If you feel something is missing or is wrong or if there is an error in this release, please notify me as soon as possible and I will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Installation
Due to overzealous Google bots and the way the wehack works, it keeps marking JNGP as malware. We have repackaged it as a password protected zip in hopes that it will work around the issue.
THE PASSWORD IS: JNGP

Common Issues
Windows blocking files/Unresponsive after starting
Try right-clicking the zip file after it has downloaded, select properties, and hit the checkbox in the bottom to unblock the file. Now extract the files again and see if it works.
Contents

jassnewgenpack5g (Binary)

Reviews
Ralle
Excellent what has come out of the modding community. This is truly an excellent must have tool.
  1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Excellent what has come out of the modding community. This is truly an excellent must have tool.

2. jondrean

jondrean
    Do you have permission for this?

3. MindWorX

MindWorX

Tool Moderator

I took over maintaining JNGP from PitzerMike many years ago. All other packs since then have been unofficial ones. All the unofficial packs have been a huge help as it meant I didn't have to worry too much. This is why I mention the community as a huge help in the description.

4. jondrean

jondrean
    Alright. :)

This event leaves me a bit confused so I asked. But I agree it's clear to have official one here.

5. Flux

Flux
    No wonder I can't access moyack's JNGP anymore. What does this offer that moyack's doesn't? This does not have Multiplayer Emulation? (Sorry didn't downloaded the tool).
    Does the staff have something against moyack? You suddenly deleted his thread without notification.

6. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

moyackx unfortunately decided that he no longer wanted his version of JNGP available on THW. You can still get it by visiting his site linked in his signature.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Code Moderator

Yes. Before the 2.0 JNGP series started, the original JNGP was maintained by other guys than moyack, so MindWorx just officialy continues it. :)
    I am very happy to see such an OG in action again with JNGP.

8. MindWorX

MindWorX

Tool Moderator

Currently it likely offers less than his repackage did, since I'm still trying to gather information on what people want. As I find out, I'll update the package with more features.

9. Flux

Flux
    Ah ok cool I understand. Looking forward to it!
    *cough* Multiplayer Emulation *cough*

10. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Well, integration with the latest patch. And possible other hacks (such as map size and other limits) that might now be possible with 15 times the size.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  11. Pinzu

Pinzu
    Anyone else having problems with jassHelper freezing when it doesn't compile (I assume)?

12. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

By "does not compile" I assume you mean a syntax error? I don't get that issue. My assumption is that you have JNGP located with restricted access. Have you tried running it as administrator and or placing it elsewhere?

13. Pinzu

Pinzu
    I tried as administrator, same thing happens, where should i place it?

14. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Running Windows 8 or 10? Did you do the "Unblock" of the .zip file?

15. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

16. Pinzu

Pinzu
    Ah thanks, missed the information about the Unblock, it works now. I'm running Win10.

17. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive
    I'm having problems with ythe new jngp I can't open it and a pop-up message shows that it world editor can't opened

18. MindWorX

MindWorX

Tool Moderator

Did you unblock it as instructed?

19. MindWorX

MindWorX

Tool Moderator

Not from AV, but from Windows. Check the Common Issues section.