• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass NewGen Pack [Official]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The JassNewGen pack 1.5g
This is the official Jass NewGen Pack, updated to version 1.5f.

This distribution includes Grimoire (1.5), the JassHelper compiler (Vexorian), PJass (1.0k) and PitzerMike's Grim Extension pack 1.0b, TESH v0.7.0.3 and Risc's Colorizer FINAL all ready to run.

The final result is a World Editor that compiles vJass code, uses PJass to check for errors, highlights jass code, has a proper testing environment, supports visual preview of colored tooltips and can use grim extension pack as well. Not to mention that JassHelper also saves backups of whatever you save so it is also safer.
The collection includes the following
Grimoire: Bryan Steinbach aka PipeDream
JassHelper: Vexorian
UMSWE: the UMSWE team
PJASS: Rudi Cilibrasi (first versions) and PitzerMike (updates)
GrimEx: Pitzermike
TESH: SFilip (and more)
Colorizer: Risc
Icon: Mc!​

1.5g
TESH has been restored back to SFilips version due to reported issues.
Added missing pjass.exe​

1.5e
JassHelper has been restored back to Vexorians version due to reported issues.
1.5d
TESH has been updated to 2.0.
JassHelper has been updated to the most recent version by Cohadar.
Reinventing the Craft has been removed, since it is discontinued.​

Documentation for the different tools is included in the zip.

This tool is only possible because of a huge collaboration of the community, and continues to rely on the community. If you feel something is missing or is wrong or if there is an error in this release, please notify me as soon as possible and I will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Installation
Due to overzealous Google bots and the way the wehack works, it keeps marking JNGP as malware. We have repackaged it as a password protected zip in hopes that it will work around the issue.
THE PASSWORD IS: JNGP

Common Issues
Windows blocking files/Unresponsive after starting
Try right-clicking the zip file after it has downloaded, select properties, and hit the checkbox in the bottom to unblock the file. Now extract the files again and see if it works.
Contents

jassnewgenpack5g (Binary)

Reviews
Ralle
This tool is obsolete. Everyone should use WEX instead.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Do you have permission for this?

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Do you have permission for this?
I took over maintaining JNGP from PitzerMike many years ago. All other packs since then have been unofficial ones. All the unofficial packs have been a huge help as it meant I didn't have to worry too much. This is why I mention the community as a huge help in the description.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Alright. :)

This event leaves me a bit confused so I asked. But I agree it's clear to have official one here.

Level 9
On my new Win10 machine, any of the UMSWE dropdown options respond with "Cannot start plugin" and do not take effect. Works fine on my Win7 lappy. Is it a pathing issue? What do?

Also, does the GUI editor still lag like crazy with that TESH version? This was reported a long time ago.

Last edited:
Level 37
any of the UMSWE dropdown options respond with "Cannot start plugin" and do not take effect.
Run JNGP as an administrator.

does the GUI editor still lag like crazy with that TESH version?
Yes. The developer for the TESH currently has a fix for it, but has not updated it. I believe MindWorX currently has a working, but older version of TESH for the next update.

Level 23
so this is python 2 vs 3 all over again? :D cause you know, there is JNGP 2.0.X(8 newest I think), and now you are pushing 1.Y.

I wonder what benefits does this hold compared to the 2.0.X, which has campaign builder as well as capability to fire multiple instances of the game, which I dont think are present in this pack.
Also 2.0.X allows switching between Cohadar and Vexorian

Level 37
I wonder what benefits does this hold compared to the 2.0.X
I guess the main one being that MindWorX is the only one that can call his JNGP the official one. MindWorX has also asked help from the community what kind of things we would want, which is pretty cool. Feel free to join the discussion :D

Also 2.0.X allows switching between Cohadar and Vexorian
What kind of savage still uses Cohader?

Level 23
I guess the main one being that MindWorX is the only one that can call his JNGP the official one. MindWorX has also asked help from the community what kind of things we would want, which is pretty cool. Feel free to join the discussion :D

Thats a good point, but I wasnt talking about officialities, but features and usability.

What kind of savage still uses Cohader?

its not that bad, but the important thing is that the option is there

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Why every time that I save any map the backup Is not saved?
I've been using the NG for years, and is first time that this happening to me :ogre_rage:
I cannot reproduce this. Backups are saved just fine for me.

it keeps telling me pjass.exe is missing. After downloading the rar many times it seems the exe refered isn't included. Any ideas?
This is peculiar, but fixed now. The exe had simply gone missing...

'Import Directory' under Extensions tab, getting it to work, how to ?
when used some jass progress bars show up and the last window says success even yet nothing that was supposed to get imported appears in the import manager after using it.

Close and re-open the map instantly after importing the files.

Level 1
Hey there hoepfully someone can still help me;
I really enjoyed the features given by the UMSWE extension, unluckly i cant seem to get it working on my new Laptop, running under win 10. Anyone knows any solutions? Couldnt find anything in the net.
When trying to enable UMSWE i get the following error Bilder-Upload - Kostenlos Fotos hochladen und ins Netz stellen
I am already starting it as admin, and i already checked the "unblock" option.

Level 9
There is an issue with UMSWE, if enabled when I disable a trigger and enable it later it shows me, that there is about 5000 errors and the trigger cannot be enabled. What is wrong with it?