• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass NewGen Pack [Official]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The JassNewGen pack 1.5g
This is the official Jass NewGen Pack, updated to version 1.5f.

This distribution includes Grimoire (1.5), the JassHelper compiler (Vexorian), PJass (1.0k) and PitzerMike's Grim Extension pack 1.0b, TESH v0.7.0.3 and Risc's Colorizer FINAL all ready to run.

The final result is a World Editor that compiles vJass code, uses PJass to check for errors, highlights jass code, has a proper testing environment, supports visual preview of colored tooltips and can use grim extension pack as well. Not to mention that JassHelper also saves backups of whatever you save so it is also safer.
The collection includes the following
Grimoire: Bryan Steinbach aka PipeDream
JassHelper: Vexorian
UMSWE: the UMSWE team
PJASS: Rudi Cilibrasi (first versions) and PitzerMike (updates)
GrimEx: Pitzermike
TESH: SFilip (and more)
Colorizer: Risc
Icon: Mc!​

1.5g
TESH has been restored back to SFilips version due to reported issues.
Added missing pjass.exe​

1.5e
JassHelper has been restored back to Vexorians version due to reported issues.
1.5d
TESH has been updated to 2.0.
JassHelper has been updated to the most recent version by Cohadar.
Reinventing the Craft has been removed, since it is discontinued.​

Documentation for the different tools is included in the zip.

This tool is only possible because of a huge collaboration of the community, and continues to rely on the community. If you feel something is missing or is wrong or if there is an error in this release, please notify me as soon as possible and I will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Installation
Due to overzealous Google bots and the way the wehack works, it keeps marking JNGP as malware. We have repackaged it as a password protected zip in hopes that it will work around the issue.
THE PASSWORD IS: JNGP

Common Issues
Windows blocking files/Unresponsive after starting
Try right-clicking the zip file after it has downloaded, select properties, and hit the checkbox in the bottom to unblock the file. Now extract the files again and see if it works.
Contents

jassnewgenpack5g (Binary)

Reviews
Ralle
This tool is obsolete. Everyone should use WEX instead.
@Destiny3103

I've heard from a certain @TriggerHappy that the cd-keys have been moved from the embedded MPQ to a user directory file. JNGP looks for those files in a pre-calibrated path to a font folder found in the MPQ, running the RoC editor if it does not find the cd-keys in the path it was instructed to search. Thus, in the Patch v.1.28, it fails to find the cd-keys, resulting into JNGP launching the War3 RoC editor.

Level 1
When I scanned these, I got this report:
Backdoor@#1f6vwzje8n9kk "/tmp/Jass NewGen Pack Official/bin/pipe.dll"
Malware@#1s2ejb8wy2gdv "/tmp/Jass NewGen Pack Official/bin/logd.exe"
TrojWare.Win32.Trojan.BAT.~B@919529 "/tmp/Jass NewGen Pack Official/NewGen WE.exe"​

The first two were identified by heuristics, and so possibly false alarms.
Any chance someone could look at those and maybe re-upload?

When I scanned these, I got this report:
Backdoor@#1f6vwzje8n9kk "/tmp/Jass NewGen Pack Official/bin/pipe.dll"
Malware@#1s2ejb8wy2gdv "/tmp/Jass NewGen Pack Official/bin/logd.exe"
TrojWare.Win32.Trojan.BAT.~B@919529 "/tmp/Jass NewGen Pack Official/NewGen WE.exe"​

The first two were identified by heuristics, and so possibly false alarms.
Any chance someone could look at those and maybe re-upload?

It's a false report.

Level 2
Wow. So... Randomly today, when turning on the program, it opened the ROC version. Tried restarting computer, tried regular editor, which started with TFT. But for some reason I cant seem to get JNGP to start the TFT version of the world editor.

Why is my JNGP running the ROC version all of the sudden? -.-

Wow. So... Randomly today, when turning on the program, it opened the ROC version. Tried restarting computer, tried regular editor, which started with TFT. But for some reason I cant seem to get JNGP to start the TFT version of the world editor.

Why is my JNGP running the ROC version all of the sudden? -.-

Someone already posted the answer above.

Self-fix for JNGP on Patch 1.28

Level 9
FOr me the Editor only opens as ROC version but never as TFT version (preventing me from opening maps i used to work on before) i can open the normal TFT editor but thats not a help to use the standart editor :/ any ideas on how to tell JNGP to open as TFT?

Level 32
Someone knows if works on war3 1.28?
Help pls?
View attachment 276351
My war3 is original and updated with the latest patch.
This:
At the moment JNGP will not work with patch 1.28.4.

The latest version it is reported to work with is 1.27, so you will have to reinstall and keep an outdated version at hand to make it work or use the newer Sharpcraft editor: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle.

Level 4
This:
A]mun said:
At the moment JNGP will not work with patch 1.28.4.

The latest version it is reported to work with is 1.27, so you will have to reinstall and keep an outdated version at hand to make it work or use the newer Sharpcraft editor: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle.
Oh, thx.
I use this. ( :
I wanted to use another to see the difference. But I hope to upgrade to 1.28 ^^ (or maybe I can download a switcher and change the patch, I still do not know)

Last edited:
Level 3
"The JassNewGen pack 1.5g
This is the official Jass NewGen Pack, updated to version 1.5f."

There's an inconsistency... One is a letter ahead of the other.
Or do I just not get things?

EDIT: Files are locked when I try to extract.
EDIT: Never mind, it lists the password.

Last edited:
Level 1
I've experienced some bug with JNGP and pjass.exe.

For some reason it takes forever for JNGP to save a map (completely new map without anything added) when using jasshelper (newer version than 0.9.I.2 (or 0.9.1.2, hard to differentiate I and 1 (or l))).
It seems like the program have some conflict with other programs running on the computer.
I managed to narrow down the conflicting program to RazerIngameEngine, which comes with Razer Synapse (used to configure Razer mouse)

If others experience similar problem (that it takes more than two minutes to save a brand new map instead of two seconds) it could be a good idea to manually start killing processes to find a conflicting program.

Level 1
Is there a tutorial to check? Where do i put those Things? And if i put those into my Wc3 Foulder. My Editor does not start....like nothing happens :(

Level 19
why is this tool still up? it clearly doesn't work

why hasn't admin placed this work back into pending? I really don't understand what keeps certain maps and tools on the top of the review list or approved list when they either suck or don't work.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
why is this tool still up? it clearly doesn't work

why hasn't admin placed this work back into pending? I really don't understand what keeps certain maps and tools on the top of the review list or approved list when they either suck or don't work.

False it works very well.
Just not for the newest patch. It is still a valid options for those that have not patched for whatever reason.
Not that I would blame them, the patches so far has been completely pointless.
Though there is some new things on the horizon so that will probably change.

Level 6
I’m not sure, since my map is written in the JNGP library, I can’t continue to develop DotA AllStars further Warcraft 3 Reforged,

I don’t know for what reason Blizzard is constantly changing the paths; after all, essentially, the JNGP editor is a worker that I need to change the paths to the archives, but without the developer of this program, I can’t do it, but I don’t see any more rewriting of DotA on the GUI! Is there somewhere JNGP sources for correcting the paths to the WE archives?

Level 4
I am trying to install NewGen WE.exe and the location chooser pops up, so what directory do I need find the path to?
The location of the Warcraft 3 editor or what? My file set up is very confusing and I am frustrated.
Thank you in advance.

Level 11
I am trying to install NewGen WE.exe and the location chooser pops up, so what directory do I need find the path to?
The location of the Warcraft 3 editor or what? My file set up is very confusing and I am frustrated.
Thank you in advance.

Yep, your world editor executable

Level 4
What does this error mean?

How do I update the editor with the features? Or how do I install the game with the features from scratch?

Attachments

• error message.PNG
    error message.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 195
Level 1
@ravellani Just replace the code in the file findpath.lua with the following and the program will work:
JASS:
print "Grimoire 1.5 5/4/2008"

-- This should be the path to your WC3 directory that contains the game MPQs
path = "C:\\Users\\Tuyen\\Desktop\\iccup_war3_en"

-- This should be the path to the latest Warcraft III.exe
testmap_exe = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Warcraft III\\x86\\Warcraft III.exe"
You can use Notepad++ for painless editing. FYI, you will need access to the old mpqs.
This thread contains the 1.26 game files, which includes the old mpqs.

Last edited:
Level 7
Great work!
JNGP is the most widely used editor for map makers all over the world. Good news to see the update of it.

I don't think JNGP is obsolete. Many map makers still use it to make their awesome maps because of its stability and comprehensive functionalities, although WC3:R has been released.