1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Your Games On

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Feb 6, 2016.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Beside the download button of every multiplayer map on Hive are two new buttons.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    These buttons help inform everyone that it's easy to host, find, and arrange any game of a map from the Hive's map section. The more of that we have, the more feedback maps get. Click on the buttons to see where they lead. And in a joint effort to promote this project, we've affiliated with entgaming.net!

[​IMG]

ENT is a large Warcraft 3 gaming community dedicated to providing quality custom game matches. Games are checked for maphackers, exploiters, and those who purposely ruin games. Leagues are always in motion, so if you're looking to compete for titles, you're in for a challenge. Their bots connect to all battle.net realms, eurobattle.net, EntConnect, and Garena*, all simultaneously. This means if you play in a different platform as someone else, you can join them through ENT. Get your games on together, not separate :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

I still prefer single player,but nice addition

3. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Great idea! :)

4. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Neat idea!
    But they're just links... lol.

5. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Evilly disguising links as buttons gives a feeling that you're pushing buttons... which is the best feeling ever!

6. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Group hosting like ENT and all others is one of the reasons I stopped playing B.Net as much as I used to.
    But this should help with activity, so that's cool!

7. ILH

ILH

Forgive me, but what's the meaning of this mark?
    Is there any side note?

8. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

I noticed that as well

9. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  10. Gismo359

Gismo359

Pretty sure it is because Garena support died in a number of countries this week. Those I can remember are Iran, Romania(I think) and Bulgaria but I think there were 3 or 4 more.
    Apparently the servers have been DDoS-ed a lot over the past few months and they cant keep a stable service.
    Their engineers had/have more important projects, and they have no additional resources for supporting LAN.
    (an admin of the bulgarian garena fairplay forum posted this after talking with garena)
    They've left support only in the countries where they have an office.
    E: Or not, nvm. Am I really that slow of a typer :D

11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Man I remember A time where hosting a game was as easy as pressing the button inside WC3. How times have gone backwards that we need to minimize WC3 and visit other sites to host.

12. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

I prefer doing it old style myself

13. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

You well know that you're wrong when you're saying that one must visit sites to host. Compared to reading a tutorial on how to host via forwarded ports before you press the button on WC3, hosting via ENT and MMH are simply the same level of difficulty if not easier for hosting.

Organized bot games connect players and the community more by being cross realm and having regulation of exploiters who ruin games for everyone else. There are no more empty, unorganized DotA lobby spams to complain about. We're not forcing anyone to use the bots, and if you click on host map, you'll see that we even include a detailed tutorial on how to host the original way.

This is beneficial to Hive as it gives the incentive to host maps as there's a button at the place 100% of people looking to download said map. You can now check lists where Hive maps would be hosted on the most. Most of the Hive can now play together. We just got the support of an awesome playerbase. You may not like WC3 anymore but don't spoil this partnership and project for everyone else man.

14. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Code Moderator

I think DSG wrapped his critique with a bit of humor. :)

Hosting service is something cool. :)

15. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

This.
    There's also the fact that it gives a lot of other people control over various games.
    I remember having an all out verbal brawl against a mod of BGN when it was still around with two other people backing me up
    He ended up getting reprimanded pretty hard for what he tried to do to us

16. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Great idea and it would be easier to host maps like these.

17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

You only need to port forward if you use a NAT (Network Address Translator). If people understood the tools they use they would know this. The only reason you do not need to port forward more often is because almost every connection you make through the internet is outgoing (only server related tasks like hosting require incoming connection support).

I was talking from the usability perspective. In theory it has gone backwards from what it was originally as now more steps are required to host than before (assuming correct network configuration). Actual quality and availability of hosting has improved on average as a result of this service, but the usability is still not the same as it was back when you could host from in game.

18. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Alrighty, fair enough.

I'd also like to announce that ENT posted the affiliation a few hours ago. Cheers!

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Meh, more bots.

But I hear it helps the community is some magical way so I wont complain.

20. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

It really doesn't
    Big bot servers screw over a lot of users in a way because of poor management