• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting custom games on WarCraft III in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello,

recently I have returned on WC3 after years spent playing other games. It's still as fun as ever (although I have become more critical of crappy spelling and trigger work in maps), however I am faced with one large problem: Lack of players.

I play WC3 with a pal, so we can enjoy 1on1 maps just fine. However there are many maps we'd like to play (such as Fantasy Life, Life of a Peasant etc.) that require a Full House for the best possible effect. However, the custom map lobby is swarmed with hosting bots, and any time I try to host a public game, I can consider myself VERY lucky to get even a single player.

Long story short: How can I attract pubs to my games? Is there some bot software I should start using myself in order to compete? Is there an efficient way to refresh and bump my lobby to the top? Anything I should write in the game title to make it look more appealing? What do I dooooo?

(Realm is Northrend/Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.