• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with custom map .cfg files for Host-Bots

Status
Not open for further replies.

eap

eap

Level 3
Hi, I'm trying to get custom map .cfg files with observer slots working for host-bots in patch 1.29. I had no problems with adding obs slots to map .cfg's before the 1.29 patch, however ever since then they seem to crash the lobby after the !start countdown instead of loading into the game.

Here is an example of a .cfg I have tried which worked pre 1.29 however does not work now.

map_path = Maps\(2)TerenasStand.w3x

map_localpath = (2)TerenasStand.w3x

map_observers = 3

Some screenshots for further explanation:
upload_2018-7-9_13-19-33.png

upload_2018-7-9_13-22-23.png

I have access to the .cfg template that is created for worm wars, however I am not sure what exact sections I need to edit to make observer slots work for bot hosted games in 1.29.

If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated! :)

Level 2
It crashes because your bot created a lobby with 24 players for the map that was saved with pre-1.29(build 6060) world editor. In other words - old maps don't support 24 player lobby.

When you host an old map manually with the Warcraft 3 client, you also get a 12 player lobby.

There are two ways you can solve that problem:
  • patch your bot to support lobbies of both sizes, you can check the version of the world editor in map.cpp to make sure 24 slots are supported;
  • update the map by simply re-saving it in 1.29+ editor.
Yes, the map will lose that Blizzard sign. I wonder why Blizzard still hasn't updated all the old Blizzard melee maps to support 24p lobby.

eap

eap

Level 3
Hey Beckett, thanks for the reply!

I'm almost certain my bot supports lobbies of both sizes, as when hosting with !map command, both old & new maps of lobby sizes from 1-24 are supported and work fine.

Updating the map in world editor worked perfectly, thanks!

Now I am wondering what else I can do to add obs slots to protected custom maps that I cannot open in 1.29+ editor?

Level 2
I'm almost certain my bot supports lobbies of both sizes

It mostly applies to how the bot handles the map_observers MapGameFlag and what amount of additional slots for obs/ref it will add while creating a lobby with command !load.
As we can see on your screenshot the bot added 22 additional slots instead of 10. That's why it kicks all players after the countdown.

as when hosting with !map command, both old & new maps of lobby sizes from 1-24 are supported and work fine.

When you hosting with !map the bot just creates a config file in memory with the required information to load the map: map_path and map_localpath. The lobby will be without any additional slots for obs/ref and of course would work just fine.

Last edited:

eap

eap

Level 3
It mostly applies to how the bot handles the map_observers MapGameFlag and what amount of additional slots for obs/ref it will add while creating a lobby with command !load.
As we can see on your screenshot the bot added 22 additional slots instead of 10. That's why it kicks all players after the countdown.

When you hosting with !map the bot just creates a config file in memory with the required information to load the map: map_path and map_localpath. The lobby will be without any additional slots for obs/ref and of course would work just fine.

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up Beckett.

patch your bot to support lobbies of both sizes, you can check the version of the world editor in map.cpp to make sure 24 slots are supported;

What exact changes need to be made in map.cpp / where is the line for world editor? - I'm running the latest version of GHost++ from ghostpp.com

Apologies for all the questions, I'm not very familiar with this as you can see :)

Level 2
I'm not very familiar with this

I could give you the patch file, but if you are not that familiar with editing the source code and then recompiling, I would say that it's not worth it to figure out how to do it all. Because for sure there will be problems with the compiling if you haven't done this before.
Plus there is already opened issue about that minor problem at the current repository of Ghost++. So it's probably going to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.