• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

G-Host Bot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I know this isn't WE related, but this is were most people check, so I figured this would be my best shot.

I'm trying to get the G-Host bot to work, and I got the .cfg file figured out after ****ing with it forever.

However,

When I try to join the game it says....

JASS:
deleting player [Zhall]: doesn't have the map and there is no local copy of the map to send

Paths are as follows

bot_mappath =
map_path = Maps\Download\Orbit1.35P.w3x
map_localpath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Orbit1.35P.w3x

I've tried sooooooooo many combinations, but either the .cfg gets rejected as invalid or it won't let me download it.

Both the ghost and map .CFG's are attached

Attachments

• mapcfgs.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 54
Level 9
map_localpath = Orbit1.35P.w3x

Thats what it was standard, that didn't work.

I tried moving the GHost folder to E:\GHost

Maybe it needs to be on C drive?

FMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This is pissing me off so bad.

I made a post on Ghost's forums, it seems pretty inactive, but it's worth a shot.

Level 7
Honestly, try taking everything out of that cfg and only put these 2 lines:

Code:

That's what all my cfg's have in them, besides maybe an extra line or two for 'loadingame' or setting observers. All that slot data and CRC and SHA should be calculated automatically when you load the cfg, unless you're specifying them to be assigned differently.

Also, what happens when you just use the .map command with 'orbit' instead of using a cfg?

Level 9
Honestly, try taking everything out of that cfg and only put these 2 lines:

Code:

That's what all my cfg's have in them, besides maybe an extra line or two for 'loadingame' or setting observers. All that slot data and CRC and SHA should be calculated automatically when you load the cfg, unless you're specifying them to be assigned differently.

Also, what happens when you just use the .map command with 'orbit' instead of using a cfg?

I removed everything except for those from the .cfg...

And it worked!

+rep to everyone for their help :D (the both of you, lol)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I removed everything except for those from the .cfg...

And it worked!
When I was a young whippersnapper I remember we used to use our wooden computers to make our own sessions as we played. I think it was called hosting, yes that sounds right. All this modern bot mumbo-jumbo you young people use is luxury and likely the work of the devil!

Wow I must be getting old.

Do remember to set your robot to as many servers as possible since the overall density of most single servers is very low sadly. You can mix VPN servers with battlenet which is useful and exposes the game to more players. Avoid hosting maps which other host bots are hosting already since it will fragment the limited player pool and likely result in not enough players for either bot to start a proper session.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Can Ghost host on multiple servers at once?
Not sure about the bot make, but basically it links the same session across multiple servers. It works because you can log into battlenet on all servers at once using the came CD key (no cross server check). Obviously VPN systems have other checks but nothing stops you from using them as well. Most robots currently host on at least 3/4 servers and a few VPNs.

Status
Not open for further replies.