1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Final Exploration

Submitted by Cigaro
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I'm not going for great innovations with this map, just your standard 1v1. I've tried to make things as average as possible.

You have to walk around the bay to get to the expo. I was worried that it might be too close to the enemy and therefore placed some trees in his path so he can't disrupt the expansion all too quickly. Don't know if it works out.

Hope you like the layout in the center around the tavern.

I've worked in some murlocs for greater variety.

Name suggestions are still welcome.

Enjoy!

changelog

v02
- added a few trees
- added pathing blockers near murloc camps

v03
- ??? (I forgot)

v04
- renamed the map from Failed Exploration to Final Exploration
- moved Merc Camp closer to the center and switched positions of neutral buildings
- created a red creep camp
- weakened the creep camp at the secondary expo to make it more accessible
- remixed all creep compositions
- widened the entrance to the tavern area
Contents

Final Exploration v04 (Map)

Reviews
WolfFarkas
1) maybe the gob lab wall of trees is a bit thin in that spot IMO. [ATTACH] 2) IMO: with your layout, you have to creep and then turn back, because is somehow a dead end, the flow would be better if you could go there and then walk with shallow...
deepstrasz
Nothing to comment on, really. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES BB Codes | HIVE MELEE MAPS...
  1. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think the title name could be better.
    Failed Exploration doesn't cling that well.

Overall looks nice.
    I kinda got inspired by your use of ruins pillar doodads here.
    Interesting detail.

2. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    review

1) maybe the gob lab wall of trees is a bit thin in that spot IMO.
    upload_2019-5-12_23-31-26.png

2) IMO: with your layout, you have to creep and then turn back, because is somehow a dead end, the flow would be better if you could go there and then walk with shallow water, the walking flow would be better. (dead ends are very penaliced in ladder, I did that in the second contest, It wasnt good for me)
    upload_2019-5-12_23-36-2.png

3) doodads: total: 2668: 549 winter tree, 1706 snowy tree, 2255 trees, 413 doodads for enviroment. Enviroment is ok, but since the balance is very good it would be nice to have more doodads as enviroment, skulls, braziers, pile of junk whatever.

I really like the design and balance.

3. Cigaro

Cigaro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your feedback!

@Nudl9 - I'm completely open to map names. Most of them are merely working titles, I'd rather spend time thinking abut a new project rather than finding a clever name for an existing map.

@Ragnaros17 - You're right about the trees, I've added a few there and as well as in other spots.

Altering that creep camp is tricky cause adding a path there would screw up the creep aggro. I was hoping that the "detour" didn't matter much since it's only a small one. I'm considering to switch the lvl 4 and lvl 10 murloc camps though, so there would only be a small camp in that corner.

Regarding the doodads, summer tilesets usually allow for more stuff than winter doodads (I think) and the lordaeron winter tileset itself already makes it look very diversified. For example, there's not a single doodad in the screenshot, but I've highlighted some terrain details that makes it seem so:

terrain.jpg

For the rest I like to use mushrooms.

4. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When layout or concept doesn't help, just look up an area from WoW, ez pez.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nothing to comment on, really.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

6. Cigaro

Cigaro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Renamed it to Final Exploration – which is still not great, but less horrid to pronounce.

Also completely remixed the creep camps.

I also wonder if the map is too big. 104x104 right now, minus some water in the edges. It would actually be relatively simple to cut off like 10 %.