• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

frozen coast of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
a new terrain by by me. meant to be something like a.. uhm.. frozen coast of DEATH!!
Anyways, whaddya think? constructive critisicm would be much appreciated, thanks :grin:

EDIT:
updated with a new piccy

Attachments

• Unavngivet.jpg
    Unavngivet.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Level 5
okay, ive edited the terrain abit aka. changed fog and removed a few useless nicknaks , yada yada.
so, better? worse?

Last edited:
Level 36
Now that looks quite fine :D dont it? >.>
Btw, i did happen to notice that some of the large spikes look a bit.. unatural, try adding smaller spikes at the bottom of them, making them slowly blend with the terrain, if you get me :p

Level 5
updated tha picture. added smaller spikes to the base of the larger ones that stood all alone, changed fog to only cover the water.

@Debode: you add fog by making a region, then right click it and selct edit region properties and check the box ''Weather Effect''

Last edited:
Level 36
Indeed its just getting better and better, the only thing i personally mean, is that the water is to empty, i would've added some foating boxes or planks here and there, or something else to make the water not so... emty :p But thats me.

Level 5
hmm, okay ive added stuff to water, emptyness reduced by 40%
In totally unrelated news i just got 10 aka. next best, grade in Physics and chemistry today, yay me

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmmm, I guess the attached image is enough. Check it!

Nice terrain.

thanks =)
updated the terrain, look at first post.
also im gonna go ahead and delete the earlier pictures, seems like a waste of server space to have them just sit there

Level 3
Something makes it feel as if the icy claws are mobile tentacles that are ready to attack the unsuspecting visitor...

Level 5
The Ice Claws I mentioned were supposed to be smaller.

But ok. You earned rep from your work on that terrain.

thanks mate :grin:. I couldn't quite make out what you were trying to say with that picture, but i dont really think that the spikes are too big, think im gonna leave them as they are

Something makes it feel as if the icy claws are mobile tentacles that are ready to attack the unsuspecting visitor...

scarey, no? anyways I dont think Ill edit this terrain anymore.
I really gotta start readin up on my exams =)

Status
Not open for further replies.