1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Polyphemus

Polyphemus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did exactly this and it worked perfectly! Thank you Tasyen, Pyrogasm and TriggerHappy for your help!

2. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I play a melee game vs Undead. Somehow, I can hear clearly of Cannibalize sound of enemy units from afar and even out of fog area. Is this a bug?

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I kept hearing the same thing (in @Wa666r 's custom Lightforged Draenei map, strangely).

4. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could not replicate the issue, but I know its there.

5. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some sounds that should be playing locally (as in, as a 3D sound at a specific location) appear to play globally instead now, not sure if there's any specific rhyme or reason to it. Other examples I've found include the Slow spell SFX, and the Satyr death sound (incredibly noticeable in multiplayer maps that have you killing satyrs, example here: ).

6. blufflegendaire

blufflegendaire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay I'm not even sure what I'm facing at here, but for the natives BlzSetAbilityTooltip(whichAbil, str, abilLevel) and BlzSetAbilityExtendedTooltip(whichAbil, str, abilLevel), it seems that if those fields in the Object Editor are not customized (example: Channel has those fields past level 1 empty) they just do not work, to make them work I had to fill the fields with random values (Ability has 20 levels, Tooltip is "T1" to "T20" and ExtendedTooltip "EX1" to "EX20"); they did change however but ended up copying the level 1 texts. I'm really struggling to describe this bug and so far I solved it but I could replicate it I think.

I'd say; if you attempt to change tooltip and extended tooltip, and their value are empty, you'll endup changing the first level that has a value and edit for that level only, and not the desired level, but will end up being your text for all the higher levels of that ability.

Meaning if your Channel has 3 levels, you don't edit tooltip and extended tooltip, changing level 3 tooltip will endup changing level 1 tooltip and tooltip displayed to your level 3 channel will be identical to your level 1 channel's tooltip.

Not sure if that's clear enough tho'.

Edit: added test map thanks to Niklas @HiveDiscord

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  7. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This seems late but I tried animating special effects by rotating their Roll, Yaw and Pitch properties, it seems Pitch (or rotation of Y axis) is bugged on values [90..270] degrees if changed over time (the effect is like it tries to render it on the opposite angle, and then corrects it on the next frame). Yaw does this correctly. (I can't provide a video right now.)

8. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Almia
    Try this:
    Code (vJASS):
    if dx == 0. and dy == 0. then
        set this.angleY = 0.
        if dz > 0 then
            set this.angleX = - bj_PI/2.
        else
            set this.angleX = bj_PI/2.
        endif
    else
        set ax = Math.abs(dx)
        set ay = Math.abs(dy)
        set px = ( ax / ( ax + ay ) )
        set py = 1. - px
        if dy == 0 then
            set this.angleX = 0.
        else
            set this.angleX = Atan(dz/dy)*py
        endif

if dx == 0 then
            set this.angleY = 0.
        else
            set this.angleY = -Atan(dz/dx)*px
        endif
    endif
    set this.angleZ = Atan2(dy,dx)
    call BlzSetSpecialEffectOrientation(this.effect,this.angleX,this.angleY,this.angleZ)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  9. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Late response time!

The script has a syntax error which is preventing it from compiling.

We looked it over and will investigate improving error messaging.

10. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    overly complicated, what I did was to store the new value and then reapply that whenever I try to update the pitch
    Code (vJASS):

method operator pitch= takes real r returns nothing
                call BlzSetSpecialEffectPitch(effect, t__pitch)
                set t__pitch = r
                call BlzSetSpecialEffectPitch(effect, r)
            endmethod

11. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ahoy, there's something that i tell again and again, but :
    ☼ Chaos morph tend to make desync when morphed units have applied techs, please fix these
    ☼ In B-net login screen in War3, the selection box is shifted like if there's no any black band : i've to follow the red line to select my username (though buttons functions correctly)
    upload_2018-12-7_12-49-9.png
    ☼ Even if i rehost the exact same map it's uploaded again in the cloud. Being 30mb, it's painfull to wait at least 5mn to get my heavy maps fully downloadable at every new hosts. It is said that maps are stored in the cloud but not if it's temporary or permanently. It would be GREAT to be able to manage what we uploaded ; if it's planned in future updates then nevermind.

As usual, my suggestions :
    ► Make a map setting that define the max selection (from 12 to 48 for example)
    ► Increase the pathfinding buffer (for now it laggs out units when you move more than 400 in the same time)
    ► Make the UI customizable in a map.
    ► Being able to add ressources/attack/armor types in custom maps, creating then new constants in the map data.
    ► Put a new field for art for each objects, one for classic and one for reforged for TWO BIG REASONS :
    ------> Old models will looks ugly in Reforged
    ------> New models will destroy the FPS of smaller computers. Many players keep playing classic because of the low performance impact. It shall be very frustrating to be forced to buy a new computer just to be able to continue to play. It's not surprising that many people are migrating to third-party Wc3 servers.
    You can also set what is the default model.

12. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Almia Wrong. The rotations are absolute and not relative, hence the need to do what I posted.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  13. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So I've been replaying the campaigns recently, and I'm onto chapter 3 of the Reign of Chaos campaign for Night Elves: The Awakening of Stormrage. The Primal Guardians each used to have an elemental Orb in their inventory, respectively Orb of Fire, Orb of Frost and Orb of Lightning. However, these just spawn at their feet now and are able to be picked up by the player. (easily visible in the opening cinematic.)

In Chapter 4 of the same campaign, The Druids Arise, the Corrupted Ancient Protectors don't properly turn when attacking, though I believe this was an issue already in the original WC3 release.

In Chapter 5, Brothers is Blood, when Malfurion encounters the feral Druids of the Claw the voice line for the Druid of the Talon doesn't play.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes and here is the fix. Hopefully they will implement it or at least Hive would make these official in the Models section:
    Rooted Corrupted Ancients attack animation bug

15. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Adding to this, in Chapter 7 of the TFT nightelf campaign, The Ruins Of Dalaran, you can research natures blessing an unlimited number of times. However, it has no effect at all (at least not on armor), and costs resources all the time. In this level, my tree of eternity also got destroyed, but instead he became an unselectable walking tree which kept attack the naga units that were still in the bloodelf base. The naga couldnt attack the tree however, and the tree only despawned after the killing the last naga that was still attacking the bloodelves. I'm not sure if I had uprooted the tree before it got "destroyed", and if it has to do with the bugged upgrade.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  16. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There's also another minor inconsistency in that very same map where in the main quest description, the map maker said that Fan of Knives is capable of damaging units in ethereal form, but that isn't a such big deal.

17. Giygas

Giygas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    another bug: you can't change the tooltips for certain levels of an ability unless you've edited that ability field in the object editor (i.e: made the text pink as seen here[​IMG] )

for example: change moon glaive (or any ability with 1 default level) without changing the level 2 tooltip in the object editor, then use
    Code (vJASS):
    call BlzSetAbilityTooltip('Amgl', "Moon Glaive lvl 2", 2)

the tooltip won't change ingame (as seen in the hidden screenshot)
    example
    [​IMG]

a test map is attached

Attached Files:

18. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    IIRC this has already been documented, as the native only works for level 1.

19. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sometimes when a player leaves after starting a Battle.net game the players cannot write in the chat anymore.
    Many old fun maps seem not to work anymore. I host them and after everybody has loaded the game, we see the score screen.

edit:
    I think I had to open and save my old map with the new WE to make it work again?

20. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I host a game, it often says the name is already used which it is clearly not (tried many different names). I had to reconnect to the Battle.net.
    My friend in Battle.net saw only the game ID but not the name.
    When my friend left the lobby of my hosted game I was kicked out of Battle.net.
    Half of the funmaps we joined yesterday hosted by other players ended immediately after loading with a score screen.

edit: And pls add a trigger function which gets the current host or the new host after one player has left or allow to set the priority for players who become hosts next.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018