• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fallen Kingdom

Hi :psmile:,

so i did another map that just kinda evolved over time, i didnt really have a concrete idea when i started.
i did use 'overgrown center' as a starting point, removed everything and just kept the left red spot because the city entrance was really well made and i wanted to recreate something similar. (still think overgrown center did it better).

then i tried to make a city landscape work which wasnt easy, it changed alot over time.
it has 14 orange creepcamps which is alot, not sure if those are necessary but every spot without them felt empty.

i think i only really have the motivation too map when i want to create a certain mood or setting.
the goal was to get that kinda sad/hollow feeling which i think Lordaeron felt after it was taken by the scourge and everyone was basically dead.
It worked really well with lordaeron light rain and orange lighting in an autumn landscape. unfortunatly i cant use undead blight tiles, otherwise it would look better.

The name 'Fallen Leaves' refers to that topic aswell.

Anyways, i think this is really the first map where im open for changes even tho its alot of work doing doodads and terrain again. so go ahead.

General Info:
Playable Size: 91x91
Players: 1v1
Neutral Buildings: 2 GoblinLabs, 2 Shops, 2 Mercs, 1 Tavern
Goldmine: 6 with 12500
Creepcamps: 6 green, 12 orange, 2 red

Creepinfo:
Green:
  1. LvL6: LvL1 perma
  2. LvL7: LvL1 perma, LvL1 power
  3. LvL9: LvL1 perma, LvL2 power
Orange:
  1. LvL10: LvL2 perma
  2. LvL13: LvL2 charged, lvl1 power
  3. LvL15: LvL3 perma
  4. LvL17: LvL3 charged, lvl1 power
  5. LvL18: LvL4 perma, lvl2 power
  6. LvL18: LvL4 charged, lvl2 power
Red:
  1. LvL25: LvL5 perma, LvL2 power

Update: 9.5.2020

- revisited the map
- opended up several areas
- removed some unbuildable terrain at the main bases
- updated some creeps and item drops
- still unsure about the city texturing, it seems distracting

Update: 11.03.2021

I said i wont update it anymore but here we are. The visuals are just too good to let them go unused.
- made the map smaller
- changed all the creeps and itemdrops
- made some major layout changes
- visuals are updated even further
- changed the name because of Autumn Leaves
Contents

Fallen Kingdom v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The fallen priests and their camps should be pushed back in the U shaped surrounding so they won't attack scouting units. The renegade wizard camps give 3 tomes. That's way too much. Debatable if you should create more AoW building spots for creeping...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. The fallen priests and their camps should be pushed back in the U shaped surrounding so they won't attack scouting units.
  2. The renegade wizard camps give 3 tomes. That's way too much.
  3. Debatable if you should create more AoW building spots for creeping.
Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 24
The visuals look good.
Not sure about gameplay, there's nothing particulary interesting or outragious.
I feel like the map would be better if you planned it and gave form/structure to it.

I don't like straight paths from base to base.
Base to base path is the one you'll walk the most so it should have something interesting things between.
Echo Isles, Last Refuge and Concealed Hill are examples that break apart the main path really well.

There is too much cobblestone, tiles.
Too much unbuildable terrain restricts strategies which is never a good thing.
It's against the spirit of NE, which is that you can build anywhere and do shenaninganz.
I find building offskirts to be one of the most fun things that can happen in a match.