• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eternal Warfare

Something I wanted to make as something to focus on and gradually update overtime. Has been updated and iterated on in the Map Dev thread.

What Is This?​

A map inspired by Warcraft Autochess and Test of Faith, Eternal Warfare is an auto-battler in which you build up your forces and take on waves of other units in an AI vs AI battle.
How it works is that you go through wave after wave of the AI battling each other, using the forces you've built up, gaining new units, items, upgrades, and so on. You can also sell your units or items in order to acquire scrap, so you can buy other units, items, or upgrades. See how far you can go before the enemy forces overwhelm you and cause you to lose all your health.

This is the first upload. All updates prior are viewable on the Map Dev thread.

Systems and Stuff​

Bribe for the Damage Engine used in this map

Models & Skins​

Ujimasa Hojo for a wide range of models used
loktar for the Crossbowyer, Conjurer, Spearman, and Scorpion models
AndrewOverload519 for the Pyromancer model
johnwar for the Captain model
67chrome for the Cryomancer skin
Ilya Alaric for the Elder Seer and Shaman models
Villagerino for the various Skeleton models
DarkePacific for the Raptor models
Melf for the Flame Hydra model
chr2 for the Flame Warrior's model and skin
Norinrad for the Rock Elemental model
alfredx_sotn for the Wind Elemental model
Hantoo for the Tyranasaurus model
Sliph-M for the Vendor models
Zephyrius2412 for the Necromancer's missile
UgoUgo for the Wind Elemental model
biridius and stan0033 for the Chilling Aura effect
HerrDave for the Shining Armor effect
Vinz for the Firebolt missile and Healing Surge effect
Pyritie for the Firebolt and Flametoung Enchantment effects
Infrisios for the Battlecry effects
JetFangInferno for the Ice Chains effects
shamanyouranus for the various totems
Kuhneghetz for the Gem model
HerrDave for the Sword and Shield models
General Frank for the Potion models
Kenathorn for the Boots of Speed, and the various Scroll model

Icons​

-Berz- for the Attribute icons
Svetli for the Health Upgrade icon
AndrewOverload519 for the Pyromancer icon
Achille for the Giant Skeleton icon
NFWar for the Rock Elemental icon
leetslay for the Wind Elemental icon
lelyanra for the Flying buff icon
Darkfang for the Frost Armor icon
Mr.Goblin for the Totem icons
Juice_F for the Carefull Parry Icon
GooS for the Potion icons

Feel free to throw any critisms or suggestions at me. I wanna try and update this for as long as I can, and wouldn't mind for ways to improve this little map.
Previews
Contents

Eternal Warfare (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Scroll of Healing is not available from the start and its shop cooldown is long. The lumber icon on shop items should be the same as the one currently used for the lumber resource. Devotion Aura's description says level 3 after level 3 and so on...
Level 4
The game is very straighforward and boring. I played it once for an hour, got to around round 112 or so. Kept getting free fire dragons and winning everything. There's some bugs (not all items can be sold, not all creatures benefit from upgrades). Wildly unbalanced, feels like an idle game. If improved, could be fun for some. I have not lost a single fight for the duration of that hour, I just got bored and left.

Attachments

• snoozefest.w3g
    330.7 KB · Views: 1

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Scroll of Healing is not available from the start and its shop cooldown is long.
  2. The lumber icon on shop items should be the same as the one currently used for the lumber resource.
  3. Devotion Aura's description says level 3 after level 3 and so on.
Overall, seems like a nice PvE card type battle game. I thought I could beat the game solely by only buying food and troops but I was defeated after 10-20 rounds.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/