Chaos Champions v1.1

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Gray_Fox Presents

CHAOS CHAMPIONS RPG
---Blightheart Hold---

Map Info:

Chaos Champions is a single player Dungeon Crawler RPG map inspired by the likes of
Diablo, Gauntlet, Dark Souls. Select your Champion from a selection of
12 custom heroes with unique abilities. Explore, slay enemies, collect loot,
discover treasures and defeat powerful Bosses.

Story:

Once a great place of learning for the Kirin Tor, now infested with necromancers and
their twisted creations. As evil pours out from the ruins and infects the very land it touches,
Champions from across the Nether are called upon to challenge fate!

Screenshots:

189087-e1faaefb9ec55007a1f34d52b77ff219.png

189082-5b8dda6ef5ab55923c8aea3cccda3f00.png

189083-7bfbc8eb3f00db897bed7a9dd107d71d.png

189084-ae417bfd87873b034265e9cd48ce4523.png

189090-867481e4cc752470bf93772469fc300d.png

189086-9c46c85d677ae4723f935e1cec7ec274.png

189088-ab02cfa96534e80aa000b5f4a8423bd6.png

189091-385c161acc3c070b2c5eb9b52cb744a6.png

Change Log:

• Release Version

• Difficulty Selection Menu added
  • Hard and perma-death modes which offers greater rewards but at greater risk.
  • A new vendor offering permanent stat upgrades in exchange for Heroism Badges
  • Bug Fixes

Credits:

Special Thanks to the following people:
  • Kacpa2 - Classic Jaina Improved
  • Kenathorn - Icons to Models Pack
  • The_Silent - Pie Item
  • Callahan - Thorny Creeper Model
  • Mythic - Soul Beam
  • General Frank - Orb of Dragons
  • icewolf055 - WaterTemple Keeper
  • WILL THE ALLMIGHTY - Nuclear Explosion
  • teebling - WoW Icons Pack
  • kobas - Map Description Template
  • Pelsen - Dragon Loading Screen

Author's notes:

For feedback, suggestions, bugs, message me or leave a comment.
Thank you for checking out / playing my map!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Contents

Chaos Champions v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Spell descriptions don't say what's their max level. Would be nice to have a backpack not to go back and forth carrying items to the shop or stash. Used Radiance on a Dark Watcher and it didn't even flinch. Can't reach this barrel Consecration needs...
Seems like an interesting map. Will try it out later and leave a review.

• Amazing atmosphere. The terrain and the weather effects really make it feel dark.
  • Superb voice acting.
  • Great level design. The bosses were challenging and are definitely of high quality.

~ I chose the Phoenix Knight and was able to finish the game. Though at the end, I may have missed something, because after the lich died, nothing happened. I was expecting a cutscene.
~ I finished the game with barely a dent on my lives. I was Q-spamming most of the time.
~ The revenant's spell was still casting after I killed it and it nearly got me killed as I was slowly moving out of that area.
~ The hardest boss would be the Paladin, as I have no idea where to go when the holy light spell was casted.
~ The lich fight was the most frustrating, as I was using a melee hero, and as I was closing in to land a hit, it teleports me back to the end of the room again. I haven't even attacked the lich yet.
~ Difficulty options for different number of lives. What do you think?

As it stands now, it's a great addition to the Single Player RPGs we have here in the Hive. 5/5 and vote for approval.

Last edited:
Level 6
Seems like an interesting map. Will try it out later and leave a review.

• Amazing atmosphere. The terrain and the weather effects really make it feel dark.
  • Superb voice acting.
  • Great level design. The bosses were challenging and are definitely of high quality.

~ I chose the Phoenix Knight and was able to finish the game. Though at the end, I may have missed something, because after the lich died, nothing happened. I was expecting a cutscene.
~ I finished the game with barely a dent on my lives. I was Q-spamming most of the time.
~ The revenant's spell was still casting after I killed it and it nearly got me killed as I was slowly moving out of that area.
~ The hardest boss would be the Paladin, as I have no idea where to go when the holy light spell was casted.
~ The lich fight was the most frustrating, as I was using a melee hero, and as I was closing in to land a hit, it teleports me back to the end of the room again. I haven't even attacked the lich yet.
~ Difficulty options for different number of lives. What do you think?

As it stands now, it's a great addition to the Single Player RPGs we have here in the Hive. 5/5 and vote for approval.
Thank you very much for your review! I'm glad you liked it! :grin:

Nothing at all after the final boss? Not even the loot chest? I'll look into that and the other things you mentioned asap.

A difficulty slider that affects the lives sounds like a good idea actually, I'll look into that!

Thanks again for the feedback :)

Thank you very much for your review! I'm glad you liked it! :grin:

Nothing at all after the final boss? Not even the loot chest? I'll look into that and the other things you mentioned asap.

A difficulty slider that affects the lives sounds like a good idea actually, I'll look into that!

Thanks again for the feedback :)
Yes, unfortunately, no loot box. I didn't even know that I beat the final boss until I checked the quest log. It was pretty anticlimactic as nothing happened after the lich died. That was it? I thought.

Level 6
Yes, unfortunately, no loot box. I didn't even know that I beat the final boss until I checked the quest log. It was pretty anticlimactic as nothing happened after the lich died. That was it? I thought.
Damn, I'm sorry about that, definitely not supposed to happen. I have updated the map along with a few other fixes.
Looks great, is fun!
The boss were there are a lot of water waves and/or swarms is nice, but the projectiles doesn't really represent the hitboxes.
Defenitely gonna try again with different heroes.
Thank you very much! :) I've tweaked their collision size a little bit.

Level 4
Terrain was great and Dark(loved it).
Need more shops and items.
Shortcuts were a good idea.
The first boss was some kind of unbeatable or something like that,especially when it gets on frenzy.(i played melee hero)(Blademaster)
The revenant's spell was still casting after I killed it and it nearly got me killed as I was slowly moving out of that area.
The hardest boss would be the Paladin, as I have no idea where to go when the holy light spell was casted.
You explain every boss in quest log,but about last boss(LICH)you only said it Drains life.(i didn't need that tho).
it's definitely worth a second or third try. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 6
Terrain was great and Dark(loved it).
Need more shops and items.
Shortcuts were a good idea.
The first boss was some kind of unbeatable or something like that,especially when it gets on frenzy.(i played melee hero)(Blademaster)
The revenant's spell was still casting after I killed it and it nearly got me killed as I was slowly moving out of that area.
The hardest boss would be the Paladin, as I have no idea where to go when the holy light spell was casted.
You explain every boss in quest log,but about last boss(LICH)you only said it Drains life.(i didn't need that tho).
it's definitely worth a second or third try. :infl_thumbs_up:

At the first boss you can use windwalk to avoid his frenzy when using the Blademaster.

Some of those things like the boss text and the revenant still casting should be fixed with the last update. I have some ideas for more items and things to be purchased, will be adding more in an update soon!

Thanks very much for the feedback, I will keep everything in mind when working on updates :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 52
Spell descriptions don't say what's their max level.
Would be nice to have a backpack not to go back and forth carrying items to the shop or stash.
Used Radiance on a Dark Watcher and it didn't even flinch.
Can't reach this barrel View attachment 377393
Consecration needs an icon version for when it's activated.
Father Julius restores a lot of his life while you get your regeneration stones depleted. A full pack of 15 is pretty mandatory. Same with the lich, you need all 20 stones to make it through.
Not sure what to do after defeating the lich. I guess there might be some secret or something in darkened north part of the map.

What the map could use is a multiplayer version, even a 2 player one.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 6
I L O V E I T:peasant-victory:
Thank you! :grin:

Spell descriptions don't say what's their max level.
Would be nice to have a backpack not to go back and forth carrying items to the shop or stash.
Used Radiance on a Dark Watcher and it didn't even flinch.
Can't reach this barrel View attachment 377393
Consecration needs an icon version for when it's activated.
Father Julius restores a lot of his life while you get your regeneration stones depleted. Same with the lich, you need all 20 stones to make it through.
Not sure what to do after defeating the lich. I guess there might be some secret or something in darkened north part of the map.

What the map could use is a multiplayer version, even a 2 player one. A full pack of 15 is pretty mandatory.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Thank you for review and approval! :)
I've fixed a few things and updated the map, I do indeed have something planned for that darkened north part.
Will continue to update, I appreciate the feedback!