• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Fight DE Beta 6.9

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Permission by Gex has been given.

Intro
Enter the epic world of Castle Fight, where the greatest warriors from across the land gather to test their might and strategic prowess.
Assemble your army of knights, archers and mages and match forth to conquer the enemy's castle and claim victory.
With multiple game modes to choose from and an ever-evolving battlefield, Castle Fight offers endless hours of thrilling action and intense competition.
Will you rise to the challenge and emerge as the ultimate champion?

About
The Definitive Edition is the ultimate version of the popular Castle Fight strategy game.
It has been thoroughly redesigned and rebuilt to offer the most polished, balanced, and bug-free experience possible.

It features a host of improvements and restoration of features, including restored modes, fixed graphics, improved balancing, and a host of bug fixes.

Whether you're a seasoned Castle Fight veteran or a newcomer to the game, Castle Fight: The Definitive Edition offers something for everyone.
So if you're looking for the most polished and balanced Castle Fight experience ever, look no further than Castle Fight: The Definitive Edition.

Credits
For resources and/or working on the map:
Gex, Elf-Stratigo, Natac, Vamp-Pirrr, wTc[JediMaster], Max666, The_Silent, JetFangInferno, Karzama

Join the Discord
Achieved with

Changelog

BETA 2

General Bug Fixes:
Fix Stasis Totem Lagg
Fix Furbolg Elder Shaman having weak heal
Fix Assassin only targeting very few units
Fix sync cancelling building upgrades
Fix worker being able to claim mid in -dom mode
Fix message when player leaves

-na fixes:
Disable Shrine of Destruction
Fix Tentacles attacking buildings
Fix Starfall hitting buildings
Fix Volcano hitting buildings
Fix Tornado hitting buildings
Fix Blizzard hitting buildings
Fix Monsoon hitting buildings

Additions / Reenablements:
Re-enable -it command
Re-enable -srg & -srl (Start Res Gold/Lumber)

Miscellaneous:
Removed random Critters from Sides
Removed some Props with pathing from the Lane
Made Cliffs perfectly mirrored and smoother
Ultimate builder is removed from default race pool and can be opt-in via the “-ult” command
Orb of Lightning initial cooldown reduced to 10 minutes and added to tooltip
Added 30 seconds delay to ending game after all rounds have been played
Fix Multiboard Team Resources being cut off

Balance-Racial Changes:
Naga:
Hydra (Lernean Fountain) 725 gold → 675 gold

Chaos:
Twins (Serenity) 1600 lumber → 1300 lumber, +25HP
Blood Fiend HP 570 → 625

Northern:
Angry Hrim (Modern Igloo) 580 gold → 550 gold

Corrupted:
Incubus Attack Range 530 → 520

Undead:
Vampire HP 425 → 475
Vampire Lord HP 650 → 700, armor 4 → 5
Death Pit 360 gold → 330 gold, 625 lumber → 600 lumber

Elemental:
Fire Breath Max Damage 900
Earth Upgrade Cost 260 gold → 240 gold
Water Elemental: Spell Resist 50/60/70 → 30/40/50. All levels second attack range 120 so it receives melee buffs correctly
Linker 1600 lumber → 1900 lumber, reduced heal amount & aoe

BETA 3

General Bug Fixes / Additions:

- Added tooltip and new icon to rally (sync) ability
- Added “Spells” damage to armor tooltips
- Added detailed damage information to blast staff and orb of lightning
- Fix and update some incorrect or lacking tooltips
- Fix Wisp debug spam
- Fix Fountain of Blood sync problems
- Fix sync issues when canceling a building upgrade
- Fix Assassins prioritizing wrong targets
- Fix certain legendary units being resurrectable
- Fix building progress bars
- Fix broken models for Flame Gunner Sergeant, Light Tank, Assault Tank, Gyrocopter, Ballista

Balance Changes:

- North World Freezer missiles now stay inside of playable area and fly 10% slower
- North Greater Frost Launcher AoE 250 → 200
- Elemental Trapped Gale 120g, 25dmg → 130g, 20dmg
- Mech Rocket Tank Build Time 41s → 39s
- Mech Mine Layer Tank Mine Explosion partial damage radius 300 → 375
- Chaos Quill Demon attack range 310 → 340
- Human Gjallarhorn 225g, 750w → 250g, 800w
- Human Holy Warrior will always resurrect up to 3 corpses (random before)
- Corrupted Death Pit Mana 20 → 30
- Elven Obelisk of Light Damage 160 → 180
- Item Cheese 1500g → 1750g
- Item Rune of Repair 500g → 400g

BETA 4
Additions/Changes:
  • Leavers are now marked as losers in replays if the game lasts over 5 minutes
  • Add -clear/-c command to clear text messages
  • Base entrances have been widened
  • Added Mech Demolition Lab Upgrade to Rocket Lab which spawns Goblin Rocketeers, a long range siege unit that explodes upon death

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed and improved more tooltips
  • Fix Multi Blast Staff not crafting from last item slot
  • Team Resources now show amounts up to 9999 without fontfix
  • Fix round timer being cut off without fontfix
  • Fix Blood Fiend not auto spawning
  • Fix Arcane Tower birth animation to allow targeting during build
  • Fix minimap glitchy display
  • Fix Wizard and Hydra being raisable
  • Fix Polar Bear being unable to be entangled
  • Fix loading screen text being overlapped by progress bar
  • Fix crusader and paladin inner fire casts having no effect when they were out of mana once
  • Fix defender losing defense stance after being entangled
Balance Changes:
  • Corrupted Tentacles Lumber Cost 420 → 450
  • Corrupted Well of Pain Max Mana 30 → 40
  • Human Artillery Lumber Cost 360 → 380
  • Human Gjallarhorn AS Buff 66% -> 55%
  • Mech Iron Golem Armor Type Medium → Hero; Armor Amount 12 → 6
  • Mech Adamant Golem Armor Amount 15 → 16
  • Mech Mine Layer reduced mana RNG, lowered Maximum Mine Spawn Distance 300 → 260
  • Naga Siren Purge Mana Burn 1000 → 250
  • Naga Swampwell Gold Cost 175 → 160
  • Nature Wisps now deal spell damage instead of magic damage
  • Night Elf Faerie Dragon Heal amount 175 → 150
  • Night Elf Druid Entangling Roots duration 5sec → 4sec
  • Night Elf Sage Druid Entangling Roots duration 6sec → 5sec
  • North Chilling Mushroom Stun Duration 2.5 → 1.75
  • Undead Lich Armor 5 → 8, Death and Decay AoE 300 → 350
BETA 5.1
Additions/Changes:
  • Re-enabled Ultimate Mode. To enable it, use “-umX” to replace “-rrX/-prX” etc. in your mode string
  • Units now walk closer to the lane center, so they don’t miss each other
  • Progress bars from enemy buildings are now hidden
  • Renamed “Magic Tower Ruin” to “Magic Ruin” to prevent confusion about it not being a tower
  • Enabled extra-rounds vote (-xrX) for all players and the initiating player automatically agrees with the vote

Bug Fixes:
  • Fix more tooltips
  • Fix mushroom stun nerf to actually be 2.5 seconds
  • Fix players being marked as leavers when leaving after match ended
  • Increase domination circle reach to fit lane size and fix being able to un-claim it with worker
  • Fix AI not building at map border
  • Fix -clear/-c command clearing text messages for all players
  • Fix ultimate builder being able to build artillery with -na enabled
Balance Changes:
  • Orc Wyvern Rider Poison DPS 4 → 8, Duration 3s → 4s
  • Mech Goliath Air Missiles Projectile Speed 500 → 700

BETA 5.2
Additions/Changes:
  • Decreased ultimate building information text size
  • Adjusted some unit sizes and colors

Bug Fixes:
  • Fix incorrect ordering of units under the archway at castle border
  • Fix seeing ultimate building information from enemies instead of allies after first round

BETA 6.7
Additions/Changes:
  • Added new Desert race inspired by SL version
  • Reworked Sync System:
    • Removed delays present in old system
    • Fixed cases of units getting cancelled right before spawn after having been synced, from buildings with same spawn time
    • When syncing building A on building B, where B is already synced to another building C, A will be synced on C instead
    • When syncing a building which already has buildings synced on it, all buildings synced on it will be synced to the new building
    • When upgrading a building that is synced, it will now be kept synced unless the spawn time of the sync target is lower
    • Added a hint if syncing a building to the building it is already synced on
    • Syncing a building on itself now also un-syncs it
  • Stasis Totem is now limited to 4 per player
  • Added tooltip hint for non stacking legendary buildings
  • Clarified ability tooltips for Linker and Eraser
  • Artillery can no longer be rolled in ultimate mode with -na, instead of just being disabled
  • Added team color to undead banshee
  • Forced Classic(SD) mode
Bug Fixes:
  • Fix Frost launcher not being able to be rolled in ultimate mode and Obelisk of Elements being able to be rolled twice
  • Fix/improve gobo machinist target acquisition
  • Fix Greater Elemental of Fire offset spawn position
Balance Changes:
  • Well of Pain cooldown 2s → 1s
  • Vampire Lord Attack rate 1.35s → 1.15s
  • Goblin Rocketeer Damage 78 → 84, Projectile Speed 800 → 875, Projectile now homing
  • Goliath Air Missiles Attack rate 0.5 → 0.4
  • Quill Demon Hit points 700 → 725
  • Power plant spawned units bonus HP 100 → 150 (broken)
  • Obelisk of Light Missile Speed 5000 → 6500
  • Energy Tower Attack rate 1.15s → 1.35s
  • Greater Elemental of Fire
  • Breath of Fire Damage 100 → 95
BETA 6.9
Additions/Changes:
  • Unit scale adjustments
  • Order(-spamming) troops is now prevented by default. Prevention can be opt-out via -os mode
  • Team resources are always shown
  • Add ultimate mode information to “Game Mode” Quest
  • In ultimate mode, each player is now guaranteed to roll at least one legendary
  • Ultimate builder labels are now color coded to show building type
  • Added label timer “-ltX” config for ultimate mode. After X minutes rolled enemy buildings are shown (default 2)
  • Changed icons for Well of Pain and Troll (Trapper) to mitigate icon overlaps
  • Removed collision from Gobbo Machinist
Bug Fixes:
  • Fix Power Plant not giving 150 Bonus Health
  • Crypt having 25 mana even though vampire spawn time is 26
  • Harpy Matriarch not being able to attack buildings
  • Fire Gnoll Searing Arrows no longer work on air targets and thus don’t prevent the 100% air crit chance
  • Fix Gobbo Machinist not choosing a new target when target was repaired to full HP
  • Attempt to fix Stasis Totem sometimes not stunning and reduce effect delay
  • Ultimate mode (-umX) and Ultimate builder in race pool mode (-ult) now show correctly when using the -mode command
  • Fix Rocket Lab messing with map lighting
Balance Changes:
  • Razormane Gold Cost 180 → 190; Added ability “Razor Spray” - When damaged, sprays razor fins in 400 range, dealing 30 damage per target. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
  • Harpy Matriarch Lumber Cost 600 → 375, Split into (2→3) Harpy Witch (3→2) Harpy
  • Fire Gnoll Mana Regeneration 0.75 → 0.325, Searing Arrows Damage Bonus 25 → 35
  • Beacon of Oasis will prioritize units that are missing 200 hitpoints or more
  • Sacred Peyote Gold Cost 210 → 205, Mana Maximum: 17 → 19
  • Temple of Storm Gold Cost 650 → 600
  • Ballista Tower Base Damage 125 → 140
  • Greater Elemental of Fire Attack Rate 1.5 → 1.6
  • World Freezer Frost Orb Attack Rate 0.33 → 0.3

Previews
Contents

9 (Map)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not sure if this works for Reforged (Button Manager v1.8.2) but could be used to turn active looking icons to passive ones for passive abilities.
Other than that, it's pretty much Castle Defense.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 23
Other than that, it's pretty much Castle Defense.
I suppose you mean "Castle Fight", Castle Defense is a different genre of maps.
And yes, that's the goal of this version, to be the most complete, balanced, bugfree and polished Version of Castle Fight yet.
Which, according to hosting statistics, was achieved, as CF DE is now the most hosted CF version out there, by far.
New units/races/features are in development for the future.

Level 5
Been a long time castle fight fan. Glad to see this being constantly updated and supported. I generally like all the new changes and balances. There's just a minor bug right now regarding the blood fiend not producing unless you sync it to another building. Otherwise i do not really see any other bugs after playing this a lot of times. There are also a few things i feel strongly about regarding the change between this and the old original castle fight.

I feel that the orb of lightning should be global to avoid stalemates as much as possible. This game stalemates too much and many of the changes encourage defensive strategies rather than offensive ones. For example being able to combine the blast staff + towers + short range orb of lightning makes defending too strong.

Also, some of the new units like the Goliath and twins seem very very strong. But i could be wrong about that. Also, regarding new races, there is another castle fight version in this site as well that have a desert faction. It's pretty interesting and balanced imo, that version also have a few new cool abilities such as the vampire being able to blink attack.

I look forward to seeing more changes and I am really happy that this map is still being actively played and supported.

Level 23
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the game and appreciate the updates.

The blood fiend not producing unless synced to another building is fixed in the upcoming version.

Your opinions on the changes between the old original Castle Fight and the current version are quite subjective and can depend a lot on different factors such as game modes and player skill. E.g. with artillery there are much less stalemates than without. Beginner players might not know how to push properly with the use of scrolls and double damage. Tryhard players might play forward cages to stalemate the game on purpose.
Orb being global just makes the item pretty much mandatory for both teams which doesn't seem fun. Blast Staff is almost always a bad decision.

Anyway it's always great to hear player thoughts.

Last edited:
Hello, I tried the map once out of nostalgia, glad I could find most stuff I remember.
What I don't remember is this goliath unit, which had 3 issues from my pov :
  • a missing texture for the portrait
  • melee range for its first attack, it has 2 gun but it runs into melee?
  • Unarmored armor type, kinda confusing, look like it's made of metal just like tanks.

Other than that, castle fight as I remember.

Level 6
What I don't remember is this goliath unit, which had 3 issues from my pov :
  • a missing texture for the portrait
  • melee range for its first attack, it has 2 gun but it runs into melee?
  • Unarmored armor type, kinda confusing, look like it's made of metal just like tanks.
Yeah all these are issues or oddities remaining from EU. The most specific thing that's been mentioned & noted is indeed that its melee when its like an AA Legendary. Armor type would be a balance topic so going there is abit more tricky and has way more factors to consider.