• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Fight 1.30

(Yet another) Castle Fight
Created by Gex\Elf_Stratigo\Vam-pirrr\dd_mn

Map Info

This map is another one of "Castle Fight" series, based on Castle Fight ES 1.22b.
The goal of the map is to defeat opposing team. To do this your team should win X rounds (X depends on game mode). You control a builder that can construct race-specific buildings. Some of this buildings periodically produce unit that moves to the enemy's Castle (Attacking units are uncontrollable). To win a round your units must overcome the enemy units, reach the Castle and destroy it. Your Castle can be destroyed by the same way - then you lose the round. Some units are particularly strong(or weak) against others because of their damage/armor type or abilities. Watch for armor and attack tips to choose right construction.

Features

There are a lot of differences with 1.22b, I can't recall everything. In general:
- some Elementals' and Nature's units\buildings\abilities are redesigned.
- overall performance is increased.
- 3 new units are added.
- new race (Desert Plains) is added.
- new modes:
si - enables streaming income, income period is 1s, income value depends on -itX;
cg - enables Castle gate, builder may close\open castle gate(experimental).
dom - changed, now team dominates if 10 or more units enter opposite team's area
Experimental: RS renamed to Devastating strike and could be cast even on enemy's base.

On the way:

232768-albums6791-picture74452.jpg

Siege:

232768-albums6791-picture74453.jpg

Defending:

232768-albums6791-picture74454.jpg

Gate closed:

232768-albums6791-picture75096.jpg

Keywords:
Castle Fight
Contents

Castle Fight 1.30 (SL) (Map)

Reviews
13:43, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Map approved and set as recommended.
Level 2
Draenei units and buildings(Samey as they are) haven't been used as yet.

Standard Units-Neutral Hostile-Melee-Units, all in a nice chunk. Akama is in Standard Units-Neutral Passive-Campaign-Heroes. Draenei Demolisher is in Standard Units-Neutral Passive-Campaign-Units. Draenei buildings are in Standard Units-Neutral Passive-Campaign-Special.

The other guy is right, we haven't seen Nerubians(Spiderling, Nerubian Seer, Nerubian Spider Lord, Nerubian Queen, al in Neutral Hostile-Melee-Units). Nor have we used Crypt Fields(Standard-Undead-Units) or the Crypt Lord(Undead-Heroes), which are of the same species.

Level 1
idea for a new ေrace

Nerubian Queen(model http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crypt-mother-252244/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26c%3D7%26t%3D1); builder

1#
Code:
Sinkhole
trains Underling (Scarab model)

sink hole upgrades to Sinktunnel
trains Jormugars (hydralisk)

2#
Code:
Nest [Model:[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crypt-drone-cocoon-231952/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26c%3D7%26t%3D1"]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crypt-drone-cocoon-231952/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26c%3D7%26t%3D1[/URL]
Trains Drone (model:[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crypt-drone-231950/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26c%3D7%26t%3D1"]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crypt-drone-231950/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26c%3D7%26t%3D1[/URL])

Huge Nest( add an attachment to the last model)
Trains Drones still but spawns 2 at once

Last edited:
Level 2
Part of me wants a 'hero race' with level ups, but it'd never work with the horde-based scheme of the game. The early game already has an issue with inactivity, it'd have to be even worse with the expense that a set of heroes would likely have to have. Plus he'd have to set up levelling schemes for them.

Level 6
Thanks for suggestions, not sure if I find time for new race :goblin_sleep:
Last update info: Nature's legendary changed again (turns non-mechanical enemies into forest creeps now), OoL is nerfed a bit.

Level 2
Problem with the latest version, in the first round player 1 (red) starts the round with the nature ultimate building. Only the first round.

I find the new nature ultimate incredibly weak, also. Even when I get a free one, we've always figured it'd be better to get rid of it and replace it with something better..

Really enjoying the new human ultimate unit, I don't think it's overly unbalanced so far.

Level 6
I've updated map file (previous version was wrong). Conversion chance is increased a bit, probably CD should be reduced to 40-45sec or conversion chance should be increased.

New races are fine but full concept is required: I mean: unit name, model, missile model(if ranged), armor\attack type,abilities, ability effect(s), model of constructing building etc.
Finding all this is quite boring task.

Human Warrior isn't strong without melee support but he is strong buffer(probably a bit too strong)

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
dd_mn said:
New races are fine but full concept is required: I mean: unit name, model, missile model(if ranged), armor\attack type,abilities, ability effect(s), model of constructing building etc.
Finding all this is quite boring task.
Ok , I'll try my best :D

Any races ? :) ( Cause I want Burning Legion or Nerubian :) )

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Ragnoras said:
Burning legion is chaos legion, actuallu YRK, look at the chaos legion, they got sccubuses and Felguards!
Hi Ragnoras ,

Ok , I'll try with Nerubian ( Actually , I did't play that race :) )

Level 1
Oh, i love them....... espically their Red Dragons

Here i listed down my likes:

Humans: Holy Atlar, Gunner Hall
Orc: Defensive Kodo Farm
Night Elf: Fariree Dragon
Nature: Spider Egg hatchery, Monolith
Chaos Legion: Blood Fountain, Red Dragon roost, Greater Demon Cage
Ice Leigon or Northern Legion: Magnuter, World Freezer and Premodial Dragon Roost

Level 6
Ok, about new race(s): external models are possible, but it would be nice to use small files, lets say below 12kb for buildings, not much more for units.
Upgraded building could be the same as basic but with some effect over.

Level 2
You could always consider taking away some units from some teams, and creating new ones from that.

For example, split humans and dwarves into two teams. Orcs and trolls into two teams. Could make it easier to find models if teams are more specialized.

Level 6
Splitting races is almost same amount of work as doing new. And another problem with new race are unique units, abilities and specials concepts, there is not a great number of unused abilities left.

Level 6
Map update information:
- terrain is reverted to 1.14 layout.
- some typos\hotkeys fixes.
- slight balance changes.
- experimental progressbars were added (experimental atm)
- Orcish shaman uprades to Voodoo master now.

Level 1
Elemental race tooltips are a lot better now, but for Desert race the tooltips are subpar. Maybe you can follow the tooltip format of the original races. Thanks for updating the map though.

Level 2
Terrain is a bit odd how it is now. If units are built too far down, they take the lower exit, bypassing attackers. This especially happens to flying units.

Level 6
What's new:
-Flying legendary for Mechs.
-units w.siege and chaos attack will try to destroy buildings instead of units (experimental)
-Faerie dragon heals unit w.mana by 100hp\50mp and unit w\o mana by 200hp.
-other slight balance changes.

Level 2
Enjoying most of the changes.
-Can the orc Shaman upgrade still retain his bloodlust in addition to the other new spell?
-Vampire lord blink is great, upgraded rock golem rock throw is also pretty great

Level 1
When i click this map in the custom game selection the player teams dont appear its just blank, and when in LAN it says the map file is too big, what should i do?

Level 6
I can make upgraded Shaman to use two different spells, but it would require a different approach to spellcasting (WC3 allows only one active autocast ability).
I'm not sure that such system would be good for late game.
I added a chance to dispel negative buffs to Adamant, chance is greater if golem is buffed by Power Plant.

Level 6
Yes, but changes are infrequent, so I forgot many of them.
Those I remember are:
-Bombership attack is changed (to sort of "bombing")
-Gobbo spawn time: 20s->30s, repair rate: 1.35 -> 2.0, HPs: 100 -> 250
-Monstrous sandkin: dps is reduced a little;
-Spiders: bonus is decreased a bit;
-Murlocks: 2d upgrade stun chance is reduced by 5%
-Human catapult: price,HPs,DPs are increased: 240/320/24

Level 1
Bug: Red player (host) can control his units and the blue player (enemy) can't.
I've only played this map in 1v1 and while I could tell my units where to go, my friend couldn't do anything. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to move my units. they start walking back right after they stop, it gives me the advantage such as to move them behind tanks and more..

Level 6
Recent update changelog:
-Water elemental is redesigned a bit (same params but shorter range, damage reduction and short-range teleport)
-Oracle of sirens mechanics has been changed (there were some complaints that it wasn't always working)
-Numerous slight balance changes.
-Surely I've forgotten to mention something.

Level 13
I remember playing this with one of my friend, this map is really great and it motivates me to play it for 3 hrs XD Whats good in here is there are lots of races to chose with, has lots of different buildings that summons various powerful creatures. The only problem here is when both teams are able to spam lots of creatures, which cause my pc to lag.

Level 6
Recent update (experimental) description:
By default only top lane is opened. Pathing map changed.
"-dl" command opens the second (lower) lane, AI doesn't support the second lane.

I can bring back 5x5 though it'd require some extensive testing afterwards.
CF is oftenly played by 4 players so at some moment I decided to reduce from 4x4 to 3x3.
1.22 isn't Gex's version, his last version is 1.14b.
Don't expect that AI will play better than a decent human player (in theory it can be improved but I'm too lazy to do it)

Level 2
I wouldn't expect bots to play as well as a human, but I think they should at least be kept up to par to use any new features. Some people (such as myself) only play single player and coop.

Level 2
Hey,

Great work with this!
I really like the little spawn recharge bars (though they don't seem to display on all buildings)
Maybe add similar blue recharge bars for mana using towers like eraser?

The biggest pitfall for me is the tooltips though. Please put a bit more effort into the formatting (indentation, colouring, spacing and new lines), along with stamping out random typos. Especially in the new race, it really takes away from an otherwise awesome update to this map.

4/5

e: and awesome loadscreen!

Level 2
Hey nice to see new versions of Castle Fight.
What changed in this version? Would it be possible to add a list of the changes (change log) to the main post on the first page?
Either way, cheers!