• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaign Contest #1 - Free theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've decided my project so here is overview:

Campaign Title: CTF(no, that's not capture the flag)

My campaign will include:
2 cinematic maps + 1 credits cinematic
4 playable chapters + 1 small mini chapter
==> total - 8 maps

Story: the story happens in an imaginary world(not Warcraft related) and tells the deeds of the secret "Cult of the Chaos" which's only purpose is to wreak havoc and disorder. There will be many surprises during play so this is only the uppermost layer. In the end nothing will look as in the begining.

HEY ANY HIVE MODDER IMPORTANT QUESTION PLZZ ANSWER!!!!!

I have been working on a campaign idea for sometime now, but it's never been released and it's only been played around with. I am basing my campaign on the book "Magyk", by Angie Sage. I think it is a great idea for a campaign since the book is so much fun to read, and they will be making a movie on the book in 2010. Is this an acceptable contest campaign if i losely basis it one the story line?

Level 31
HEY ANY HIVE MODDER IMPORTANT QUESTION PLZZ ANSWER!!!!!

I have been working on a campaign idea for sometime now, but it's never been released and it's only been played around with. I am basing my campaign on the book "Magyk", by Angie Sage. I think it is a great idea for a campaign since the book is so much fun to read, and they will be making a movie on the book in 2010. Is this an acceptable contest campaign if i losely basis it one the story line?

No, you already create the campaign before the contest started. This is unacceptable.

Level 18

Contest Rules And Conditions

• All entries must follow The Hiveworkshop's rules as set by our Webmaster Ralle, and enforced by High Judge Mecheon and his fellow moderators.

• Your campaign may be no larger than 150mb.

• Resources made by other authors are allowed, provided that they are credited, but will not affect your score unless it is to help make units fit the appropriate theme.

• Credits must be shown at some point within the campaign outside of the Quest Log.

• Your campaign must have minimum 3 playable chapters.

• Your campaign may not be longer than 8 chapters. Though chapters 6 and up will only affect your score if it is to enhance the storyline.

[*]Teams are allowed, provided that you give us a list of all team members and that there are no more than 3.

[*]Maps may not be larger than 224x224.

[*]Campaigns/maps may not be protected.

[*]Campaign must be originally created during the contest session. If the campaign is created before the contest session, it would be disqualified automatically.

[*]Reputation rewards will be split equally among team members.

[*]Your map will not affect the amount of maps if it follows these exceptions:
    • The map must not be bigger than 94x94.
    • The map may not have more than one required quest.

Shouldn't there also be a map limit along with the chapter limit? If there is just a chapter limit, people can switch through any amount of maps in 1 chapter.

I think that one chapter = one map. On WC3 ones, is one chapter an entire campaign, or is it a map...
/Edit: Yeah, one chapter = one map. Screenshot to prove it, yeah I know it's German. Kapitel = Chapter.

Attachments

• CampaignChapters.jpg
    CampaignChapters.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 159
Level 18
yes, that's in Blizzard Campaigns. But just like in the Rexxar bonus campaign, you can switch maps inside a chapter. That's why I think there should be a rule about the max amount of maps there may be in a chapter.

If there's no such rule, people can still make as many maps as they want, but still keeping to the rules. (It's a little loophole in the rules :wink:)

Level 18
They don't nessecarily need to be submaps. They can be used to make a storyline. You start the chapter in Map 1. Then at the end, you're send to Map 2, which is still inside Chapter 1, instead of Chapter 2. That way, you can make the complete campaign in 1 chapter.

I think it's very important to make a limit in map sizes and map amounts per chapter.

Level 6
Well, i am looking for a team mate / Joining a team.
I've asked a few people but i post here too.
I got one idea.

It's a guy that is apprentice of the wizard (haven't found name yet)
The wizard is a kind person, but one day he becomes evil.
He decides to travel forh and back in time to destroy the timeline.
The guy is following after him and he's task is to stop the evil wizard.
On his way he can take quests to make things the wizard has done good again.

Just saying I never did start my campaign before the contest started. I had only played around with the idea of creating a campaign, so I had never actually created the campaign, just thought about it.
I just wanted to know if I could use my idea of basing of the book. Anyways the limit is fine No one wants to play a 49 chapter story with 1 map per chapter!

Level 18
If anybody is looking for a campaign story, then I got a little idea. I'm probably not going to make it anyway, so if anybody is in need of a story idea, just ask. I'm not expecting a share of the reward (nor the reward icon if it's a first-place prize), but credits for a concept could be nice if you think it's worth crediting :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.