• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

This thread will list confirmed issues related to the newest patch as well as potential solutions. To contribute to this thread, follow the guidelines below.

Submission Guidelines:
  • To submit a bug, make a new thread in this forum.
  • If it is an issue related to installation or general operating system compatibility, be sure to include the following information:
    1. Operating System
    2. Path to your Warcraft III folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Warcraft III)
    3. Screenshot of the Error
    4. Error log/crash dump (if possible)
  • If it is an issue related to a particular map or in-game feature, be sure to include:
    1. A test map (if possible)
    2. Error log/crash dump/screenshots (if possible)
    3. Instructions on how to reproduce the bug

attachment.php

Issue

MSVCR120.dll Error

After patching or doing a fresh install, Warcraft III may state that it is missing
'MSVCR120.dll' upon launch.

Solution: (Link)

Missing Maps/Demo Campaign/Custom-Keys

Blizzard pruned a few files away in the recent patch. CustomKeysInfo.txt and
CustomKeysSample.txt may be missing on both Windows and Mac. A few maps
as well as the DemoCampaign.w3n may be missing on Mac installations.

Solution:
You can download the files here:
Custom-Keys (Pastebin) | Custom-Keys (Google Drive)
Maps (Pastebin) | Maps (Google Drive)
Demo Campaign (Pastebin) | Demo Campaign (Google Drive)

CustomKeysInfo.txt, CustomKeysSample.txt and "Maps" can be placed in your
Warcraft III directory. Place DemoCampaign.w3n within a folder named
"Campaigns" in the Warcraft III directory.

Patching Below OS X 10.9

You must update to at least OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) to play Warcraft III
on patch 1.27a. Find out how to upgrade for free here.
Unfortunately, older/PowerPC-based macs are no longer supported.

Solution: Upgrade | Wineskin | Bootcamp

Black UI and Minimap

Paletted BLP's will occasionally break down and display as pure black
on Macs with Intel HD Graphics 3000. The UI for the start menu is
always black, but the some of the ingame elements do not turn black
until after a while. This issue does not occur on JPEG BLP's.

Screenshots: (Link) (thanks to /u/The30Element)
Solution: None​

attachment.php

Issue

Whitespace in Battle.net Search

Log on to battle.net, go to "Custom Games", and enter the following name into the search box:
Code:
    [ENT] Castle Fight 2v2 #48

Because of the horizontal tab (ASCII 9) at the beginning, Battle.net will kick you out for a few minutes.
This issue typically happens when you're copying the game name from MakeMeHost and
accidentally copied the tab character along with it.

It can happen with other control characters as well, e.g. newline.

Video:
Solution: Paste it into a text editor and remove all whitespace before copying to Wc3.
Original Thread: (Link)

Metamorphosis and Stuns

Sending certain "stunning" abilities onto a demon hunter as he is morphing can cause bugs:
  • The DH can run while having "sleep" applied (from a Dreadlord)
  • The DH can move while flying when under cyclone (from Druid of the Talon)
  • The duration of metamorphosis messes up, or he'll go in/out of metamorphosis

Replay: (Replay Link)

Occlusion

Destructable occlusion hasn't been working in recent patches. If a destructable blocked
the vision of a unit, it would become semi-transparent (assuming you had the occlusion
setting turned on in Options -> Video -> Occlusion).

Some relevant functions that do not seem to help:
JASS:
native EnableOcclusion takes boolean flag returns nothing
native GetDestructableOccluderHeight takes destructable d returns real
native SetDestructableOccluderHeight takes destructable d, real height returns nothing

Occlusion worked on the original 1.00 versions of Warcraft III. It behaved the way
it does in this map, by A Void: (Pastebin Mirror)

However, the trees in that map are not solid (units can just walk through them). That
map is simply an example of what occlusion looked like.

Attachments

• bugsissues.png
    bugsissues.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,790
  • compat.png
    compat.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,788
  • ingamebugs.png
    ingamebugs.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,749
Last edited:
Is this thread also for reporting engine bugs and/or editor bugs? Because I have a crapton of those to report.

Yes, feel free! I should probably add a section separately for editor bugs.

You can make a new thread and report any you'd like (it'll be easier to follow the discussion in a separate thread). It doesn't necessarily have to be a bug that was produced in this patch, but it should be a bug that still exists in the current patch.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you launch Warcraft during downloading a file into its directory ( maps),then the download fails.
It is not really a bug, but an annoying incident. They could write a script to only load finished files
excluding downloads, or something.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If you launch Warcraft during downloading a file into its directory ( maps),then the download fails.
It is not really a bug, but an annoying incident. They could write a script to only load finished files excluding downloads, or something.
The problem is that there is no meaning of "finished" within file systems. It is not possible to tell if a file is downloading, being moved, being created etc. You can only tell if a file is locked, such as with a write lock.

The way WC3 access the map files must be denying whatever is "downloading" from writing to the file and hence fail. This is likely due to the MPQ system as when MPQ archives are opened, the file is locked to prevent concurrent access.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Please! How to update?
Try the following in order...
  1. Run the update executable as administrator. Right click the update file and select run as administrator.
  2. If used any Warcraft III mods then remove/uninstall them. After doing that try updating again.
  3. Reinstall Warcraft III by first uninstalling it from Programs and Features and then installing it from either original CDs or the online installer. Install RoC first then TFT. The installer may need to run as administrator. After the installation is complete then try updating again.

Level 14
No, just try bringing back dev to counciousness and show them this list so they finaly become sentient beigns and not some children lost in darkness(to who they seem to be after releasing ""COMPATIBILITY"" patch that broke said thing and many more worsening the situation rather than fixing it!
-Official Replay compatibility, Rewind options, or if impossible on this engine some kind of substitiude like jumping to later parts of replay, backwards playin etc.
-Memory Could not be read/written errors(plague, they NEED to fix it)
-reasonless crashing on Win10(shuts down the application for some people with no crashlog information, it's separate from memory error)
-Hosting with native game option
-Battle net imporvements, more friends on the list, improved communication and information, chat imrovements
-fixing their own mistakes committed with 27 "compatibility patch" that's it and they NEED to make these happen, and i dont know get some decent people who actualy seen warcraft 3 dev kits/tools or whatever they were doin, cuz basic mistakes like one with C++ library, and reverse effects to what patch was supposed to do it just .....tragic. It increased rate at which game crashes at some bigger maps.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
-Official Replay compatibility, Rewind options, or if impossible on this engine some kind of substitiude like jumping to later parts of replay, backwards playin etc.
Not possible.

-Hosting with native game option
Elaborate?

-fixing their own mistakes committed with 27 "compatibility patch" that's it and they NEED to make these happen, and i dont know get some decent people who actualy seen warcraft 3 dev kits/tools or whatever they were doin, cuz basic mistakes like one with C++ library, and reverse effects to what patch was supposed to do it just .....tragic. It increased rate at which game crashes at some bigger maps.
Do not understand what you are saying. As far as I can tell there has been no regression.

Level 14
Elaborate?

I mean actauly hosting not requiring port forward so exstensive that it's impossible on some router's firmware, in the past everyone could host easily with no issues, now majority must rely on hosting services, which is not bad but Blizzard should fix native option that Bnet has(had?).

-Memory coulnd not be read/written errors are extremely frequent now in custom maps, in 1.26 they were fault of map flaws like trigger work or massive leaking in thus, currently it hapens at random to not all people in game(always some people i played with, seen massive crash for part of players) and it cant be fault of the map at this point because fatal error causing trigger issues would drop everyone, and it would be able to be spot on with crash long memory dump, while here memory dumps are random and filled mostly with just recent rendered stuff, which has nothing to do with crash. Blizzard should revert the patch, and carefully see what they broke, because they made ok situation into bad one.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I mean actauly hosting not requiring port forward so exstensive that it's impossible on some router's firmware, in the past everyone could host easily with no issues, now majority must rely on hosting services, which is not bad but Blizzard should fix native option that Bnet has(had?).
It has always needed port forwarding, ever since WC3 was released. It is also the players fault for using a NAT, hence why port forwarding at the NAT is required. As such Blizzard cannot and does not have to do anything.

SC2 got around this by making all games be hosted by robots on the Blizzard server.

Memory coulnd not be read/written errors are extremely frequent now in custom maps, in 1.26 they were fault of map flaws like trigger work or massive leaking in thus, currently it hapens at random to not all people in game(always some people i played with, seen massive crash for part of players) and it cant be fault of the map at this point because fatal error causing trigger issues would drop everyone, and it would be able to be spot on with crash long memory dump, while here memory dumps are random and filled mostly with just recent rendered stuff, which has nothing to do with crash.
They migrated from D3D8 to D3D9 as well as changed the MSVC runtime which almost certainly means a change of compiler as well. It is possible that this migration has caused other bugs to now become visible which before never manifested. For example, an out of bounds read might not crash if it is within allocated pages of memory, however it will crash if it falls outside allocated pages of memory. Due to the massive change of program structure as well as compiler it is possible that previously unsafe buffer overflows or pointer dereferences which mostly fell into allocated memory pages now fall outside allocated memory pages and hence crash. This would point towards something badly broken internally and would certainly explain all the random unexplained crashes over the years.

An example of WC3's out of bounds buffers is in my BLP specification thread. It is possible to get a texture to be constructed from out of bound memory resulting in glitchy looking patterns.

Blizzard should revert the patch, and carefully see what they broke, because they made ok situation into bad one.
The patch is needed for Windows 10 and Mac OS compatibility. I also do not think they broke anything, more likely they just did not fix what was already broken and now the breaks are showing.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
A bit of (old) news which might be of help...

I am pointing out, an update for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Update 5 Redistribuable Package is available since some time now:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138367

It was released as a download-only update, and isn’t distributed through Windows Update afaik.

Version is 12.0.40649.5, with a digital signature from February 2016. Installer does not seem to require an already installed VC++ 2013 Runtime in order to work.

(quoted)

- Heap corruption occurs because of a synchronization bug in SetLocale, and this triggers an access violation. [emphasis added]
- When you install an updated redistributable package, binaries for non-target architectures are removed. For example, after you install an update for an x86-based application, the x64 Visual C++ 2013 runtime libraries are missing. This fix makes sure that both versions of the Visual C++ redistributable are visible when you add or remove programs after installation of the update.

@Kacpa2 (and possibly others), you might want to update. Hope it will fix the weird crashes you and your friends are experiencing. Hopefully, it will not create additional issues :wink:

It might be interesting to know, whether or not mismatched VC++ 2013 Runtime versions crash (online) games.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
- Heap corruption occurs because of a synchronization bug in SetLocale, and this triggers an access violation. [emphasis added]
If Warcraft III is calling SetLocale (something normally involved with changing languages) in a non-synchronized way (WC3 is mostly single thread) then something really is wrong with how they programmed the game.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Of course, nothing implies updating this Runtime's version would improve (nor break) that particular program. But it might help other ones. So, better remain up to date.

So far, we have never envisioned the VC++ 2013 Runtime to be a potential suspect, for some of 1.27a's most unexpected behavior on some specific OSes / locales / game locales combos. Yet, Blizzard has already acknowledged, there is an issue with Cyrillic characters not displaying (please see Patch Notes), so...

It is my belief it is worth it to upgrade, since people are supposed to use the latest version of their software anyway...

Btw, currently hunting for VC++ 2015 Runtime v14.0.24210.0, too. Though that one might not be worth updating atm:
New VC Runtime 14.0.24210.0 breaks MFC app built with VS 2015 Update 2 | Microsoft Connect

I like computers and software... :cry:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86 version) is the one required by WC3 since Patch 1.27a. Other third-party software might need it one day or another, also.

Like any software, Visual C++ Runtimes have bugs, which are fixed (hopefully) over time.

** edit **

I have Visual C++ and all the rest installed. My laptop has Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, win7 32 bit.
Well i have several different versions of visual c++ installed(2015, 2008 and 2012) what would be the difference of installing this one?

Seems to me the VC++ 2013 Runtime (x86 version) was not properly installed on your OS after all...

It's not my issues but issue of every other pc in the house, that has no virtual c++ installed by user. I wont make up for Blizz's laziness, Memory couldnot be read/written is unfixible for user, it requires giant amount of ram as semi solution. It's Blizz's duty to fix that, and rest of that stuff.

:hohum:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20742944843

A good post is worth repeating:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2830942/
(please re-read the specific parts dealing with some of the VC++ Runtimes available)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well i have several different versions of visual c++ installed(2015, 2008 and 2013) what would be the difference of installing this one?
Each one corresponds to a specific MSVC compiler version, helping support the features offered by that MSVC version.

Generally newer is better since they offer more features. 2015 adds many modern C++ language features.. Note that MSVC runtimes are purely for the C/C++ standard libraries and are not related to the actual APIs.

They are not backwards compatible. 2015 will not work for 2013 targeted programs. This is so the functionality is standard and immutable during its life time of the libraries. Additionally newer libraries may have higher system requirements so not be compatible with older computers (eg I think 2015 is not supported well by XP).

I doubt its a MSVC 2013 bug. I suspect its more likely errors in Warcraft III which have been enhanced by the upgrade and rebuild. Not all errors will cause a crash, and simply changing application layout can mask or expose such errors.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The core VC++ 2005 files are in the WC3 folder. Therefore, this specific VC++ 2005 version takes precedence over any other VC++ 2005 version installed, for WC3 up to and including 1.26a. This is currently not the case with WC3 1.27a and VC++ 2013.

We all have many different versions of VC++ 2013 installed to make the game run. btw, I hope nobody directly copied some core VC++ 2013 files from whatever site, right into his WC3 folder. Better install stuff properly. When Blizzard releases the next patch, it should include the same core files we can all rely on.

I too doubt it could cause serious issues. Yet, we must admit we currently have some mismatched files here atm, from PC to PC. Hope next patch will have that one theory sorted out soon...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
We all have many different versions of VC++ 2013 installed to make the game run. btw, I hope nobody directly copied some core VC++ 2013 files from whatever site, right into his WC3 folder. Better install stuff properly. When Blizzard releases the next patch, it should include the same core files we can all rely on.
We should all have the same version of MSVC runtimes as they are pretty standard. The only differences that might exist are between operating systems and 32/64 bits, next to that they should all be byte wise identical.

I am guessing the lack of inclusion of MSVC 2013 runtimes was an oversight. Being standard libraries every computer with MS Visual Studios 2013 installed, such as those used by the developers, would run the new executables perfectly. Most modern computers should also MSVC 2013 runtimes installed for some reason or another as they are commonly used. However not everyone has them installed, and the increase in system requirements was not documented in the patch note.

WC3 now needs both D3D9 and MSVC 2013 runtimes installed.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
We should all have the same version of MSVC runtimes as they are pretty standard. The only differences that might exist are between operating systems and 32/64 bits, next to that they should all be byte wise identical.

The VC++ 2013 versions I had/have are :
- 12.0.40649 (current version)

Again, this last one should *not* be available using Windows Update atm afaik

I would expect Windows Update to update Runtimes, only to fix security issues they may have. Not to fix bugs within them.

On XP, because of EOL, there are no automatic updates anymore (dealing with security or not), except for MSRT. In the past, there used to be such updates for VC++ Runtimes. Therefore, updating the Runtimes on XP must now be done manually (for those who care about updating their software itfp, that is).

I am guessing the lack of inclusion of MSVC 2013 runtimes was an oversight.

I agree. Some tech-savvy developers may naïvely believe casual gamers / PC users care for their PCs, while in fact they just want their computer stuff to work right away, all without a hassle. Heh, who cares about his toaster's standard maintenance, as long as it can toast sliced bread?

Computers *are* toasters for most people nowadays.

Being standard libraries every computer with MS Visual Studios 2013 installed, such as those used by the developers, would run the new executables perfectly.

Maybe yes, maybe no:
https://connect.microsoft.com/Visua...gal-instruction-on-msvcr120-log-0x2d3-on-x64#
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=16090

Does anybody know which version of VC++ 2013 Blizzard used for Patch 1.27a's files?

Most modern computers should also MSVC 2013 runtimes installed for some reason or another as they are commonly used. However not everyone has them installed,

Please read again the complains all over the web, about msvcr120.dll missing, and Blizzard not doing his job properly. Notice also how those who complain do not write "VC++ 2013 core files missing".

Toasters.

and the increase in system requirements was not documented in the patch note.
WC3 now needs both D3D9 and MSVC 2013 runtimes installed.

True. Another tech-savvy developer oversight.

But, well, you know...
Toaster maintenance.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would expect Windows Update to update Runtimes, only to fix security issues they may have. Not to fix bugs within them.
If they are badly bugged they will be updated. Just the bug mentioned above is highly obscure and extremely unlikely to affect WC3, or most programs for that matter.

Does anybody know which version of VC++ 2013 Blizzard used for Patch 1.27a's files?
Does not matter since the file are dynamically linked and the function behaviours are meant to be well defined.

Please read again the complains all over the web, about msvcr120.dll missing, and Blizzard not doing his job properly. Notice also how those who complain do not write "VC++ 2013 core files missing".
This happens usually as the result of updates, like with WC3. When you install an application which needs MSVC 2013 runtime it is meant to install MSVC 2013 runtime with it. Look at most steam games.

You are meant to not bundle "msvcr120.dll" with your application as it sort of defeats the purpose of having the runtimes. Not only does this open up possible security risks (since the application might not get security updates for the dll leaving the application vulnerable) but also defeats the purpose of shared dll files (file loaded multiple times into memory, once for each application, instead of only once shared between all applications).

The migration to D3D9 was required because D3D8 seems to be so deprecated that Windows 10 has performance problems with it.

In any case the updater should have tested both D3D9 and MSVC 2013 runtime availability and if not then instructed the user to download/install them (with option to do it automatically).

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Does not matter since the file are dynamically linked and the function behaviours are meant to be well defined.

Let us see what Blizzard decides to do with next patch.

This happens usually as the result of updates, like with WC3. When you install an application which needs MSVC 2013 runtime it is meant to install MSVC 2013 runtime with it. Look at most steam games.

Some applications install the necessary runtime files as a shared resource, but not that many afaik... And when they install them, they do not check whether or not a more recent runtime version was already installed. Therefore, the Add/Remove Programs panel might become a bit cluttered for no reason over time.

You are meant to not bundle "msvcr120.dll" with your application as it sort of defeats the purpose of having the runtimes. Not only does this open up possible security risks (since the application might not get security updates for the dll leaving the application vulnerable) but also defeats the purpose of shared dll files (file loaded multiple times into memory, once for each application, instead of only once shared between all applications).

I think we both agree it is kinda silly to not use MS's resources as shared resources.
Yet this is what developers prefer to do, since more than 20 years. :sad:
This is all because of the so-called DLL Hell from loooong ago.
DLL Hell should not be an issue anymore for the MS DLLs, thanks to the WinSxS folder

Btw, it sure was not that hellish, even in the W3.x era, as long as you understood what was happening.

Atm, 4 of my installed software are using their own msvcr120.dll, thus are not using the shared one in my system32 folder. One of these programs is Firefox. 7 of them use their own VC++ 2010 runtime(s), and so on... VC++ 2005 files are both in my WC3 and Unreal Gold folders. It seems the WC3 ones may not be the most current? (8.00.50727.762, vs 8.0.61001)

Deleting DLLs from specific folders in order to use a shared one, might not be that great of an idea in the long term.

I do agree there should be no big issue with MS Runtimes, be they VC++ or VB ones. But things can get a bit more difficult to manage in the long term, with third-party DLLs such as SDL.dll, FMod/FModEx, and the likes... They may *themselves* defeat the whole point of using shared libraries, when huge changes in such libraries happen from time to time. FMod comes to mind here. :hohum:

Still, one might wish to backup his/her WC3's mss32.dll file (v6.1d), copy a more recent version in his/her System32 folder, and see if anything bad happens or not. Same goes for the VC++ 2005 core files (provided one has already installed the runtime, and one uses <=1.26a).

Shared runtimes/DLLs may be considered as a kind of fallback, in case an app is distributed without the necessary libraries to make it work. There is no good reason not to install them.

The migration to D3D9 was required because D3D8 seems to be so deprecated that Windows 10 has performance problems with it.

XP supports D3D9. Therefore MS might not feel the urge to bother with D3D8 anymore...

In any case the updater should have tested both D3D9 and MSVC 2013 runtime availability and if not then instructed the user to download/install them (with option to do it automatically).

It is indeed the proper (and best) way to do it. Now, how many developers actually do things that way ?

Again, let us see what Blizzard will do with next patch.

Last edited:
Level 25
Do problems with JASS natives belong here? I have the feeling that a thread about problems with JASS natives is missing?

JASS:
native  LoadGame  takes string saveFileName, boolean doScoreScreen returns nothing
has some restrictions on the file paths: [code=jass] - Map transition does not work when loading a custom savegame

JASS:
native ShowInterface  takes boolean flag, real fadeDuration returns nothing
called with true and 0.0 leads to not working portraits for all units.

On Wc3C.net we had this: Known bugs in JASS - Wc3C.net

How could breaking a UI mechanic permanently ever be useful?

It's not permanently. Just call enable UI and it will show portraits again. Since there is no function to "disable" portraits it is useful that such "workaround" exists. You have to see a bigger picture, you're looking at flaws that can easily be fixed and still have a purpose if one needs it.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I don't know is this only happening in this specific patch version or not.
I tested my map Glideon in LAN mode, only with AIs, and the keyboard control was totally broken. It had like 5-10 seconds before the character moves. People said 1 second is really bad, now how about 10?
Well, the last time I tested the map last year in multiplayer, the delay was not that bad. Even with my poor connection at the time I only had like 1-2 seconds delay. So yeah, I suppose it's only this patch.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I tested my map Glideon in LAN mode, only with AIs, and the keyboard control was totally broken. It had like 5-10 seconds before the character moves. People said 1 second is really bad, now how about 10?
Well, the last time I tested the map last year in multiplayer, the delay was not that bad. Even with my poor connection at the time I only had like 1-2 seconds delay. So yeah, I suppose it's only this patch.
Or you have a very slow network (internet) connection.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Warcraft III had Level of Detail?
Warcraft 3 has both medium and low levels of detail (=number of polygons) for many units, as well as for two buildings in TFT (only one in RoC). But they are afaik obviously not dynamic ingame, like LoD is.

The low poly models are in the War3x_low.mpq file, and the medium ones in the War3x_med.mpq one.

I am not sure about what could have been optimized or not, in their animations...

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WarCraft 3 has both medium and low levels of detail (=number of polygons) for many units, as well as for two buildings in TFT (only one in RoC). But they are afaik obviously not dynamic ingame, like LoD is.
Does anyone actually use them? Seeing how most modern smart phones could probably max out WC3 at high if they could run it...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
if you gonna buy those people new PC im sure they will say "thank you"
Except chances are such old PCs do not work anyway, especially if they are or were used heavily... To put it in perspective I have had 2 graphic cards fail in the time since WC3 was released and now. Even the most low powered GPU you can get from the main vendors should effortlessly max Warcraft III. I am not sure AMD or Intel make x86 processors which are slower than the recommended system requirements for Warcraft III.

I would check that the crashes are not being caused by custom imports. Especially some textures might be prone to crashes for some reason or another.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
And CPU has anything to do with model detail? I thought model detail only affected GPU performance. Anyway the game is so old that Blizzard does not even bother putting a minimum GPU...

Minimum Requirements said:
DirectX video card with 800 x 600 resolution
Recommended Specifications said:
DirectX video card with 800 x 600 resolution — 1024 x 786 for Windows 8
For those who want to know what the minimum was... It was a GPU with either 8 MB (minimum) or 32 MB (recommended) of memory and supports the fixed shader pipeline of Driect3D7. Seeing how the cheapest GPUs you can get today come with at least 1GB of memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.