• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
And CPU has anything to do with model detail? I thought model detail only affected GPU performance. Anyway the game is so old that Blizzard does not even bother putting a minimum GPU...
[...]
For those who want to know what the minimum was... It was a GPU with either 8 MB (minimum) or 32 MB (recommended) of memory and supports the fixed shader pipeline of Driect3D7. Seeing how the cheapest GPUs you can get today come with at least 1GB of memory...
The Intel i915GM integrated chipset uses the CPU for some of the graphic rendering (TnL).
i915 Chipset
("The Intel GMA 900 is optimised to use the Intel Pentium 4 processor for software-based geometry processing (such as transform and lighting) defined by Microsoft DirectX 9.")

Warcraft 3's system requirements up to and including v1.26a:
Warcraft III - F.A.Q. -> Features F.A.Q.

Does anyone actually use them?[...]

:goblin_yeah:

Video options.jpg

Pentium-M always underclocked at 800 Mhz (would be 1.86 Ghz otherwise)
Intel i915GM chipset - 'nuff said
AGP aperture size Video RAM set to 64 MB (minimal size available in Bios) (shared memory) (DVMT 3.0 available if necessary)
5400 RPM Western Digital HDD (ATA-100), running for 34502 hours / 3.94 years

Still using v1.26a

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
("The Intel GMA 900 is optimised to use the Intel Pentium 4 processor for software-based geometry processing (such as transform and lighting) defined by Microsoft DirectX 9.")
Warcraft III does not use anything Direct3D9 related. It uses the Direct3D7 fixed function pipeline, possibly with some 8.1 extensions.

That chipset is also very strange... It references both Pentium 4 and DDR/DDR2. The last Pentium 4 released was 11 years ago in 2006, back when Warcraft III was still a pretty modern game. Both DDR and DDR2 have long been obsoleted by DDR3 and now DDR4 to the point that such old memory is extremely expensive. The specific "Pentium-M" you reference sounds like one released in 2002. Seeing how Intel 3D acceleration capabilities were as good as non existent back then (as opposed to just sucking a bit now) it is surprising the game can work at all. To be honest the fact the computer still works with such hardware is a miracle or down to not being used much as all the hardware certainly has past end of life long ago.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Warcraft III does not use anything Direct3D9 related. It uses the Direct3D7 fixed function pipeline, possibly with some 8.1 extensions.
I was pointing this out since you were surprised, even nowadays CPU power may still be related to model detail one way or another for existing, working hardware.

For the record, this was also the case before the first 3D accelerator add-on cards for PC desktops were released. Early 3D polygon-based PC games (such as Alpha Waves) use CPU power only, and sometimes not even the FPU.

I believe the NEC PowerVR series 1 chipsets from 1996-1997 (meaning the PCX-1 and PCX-2 chipsets / Matrox m3D add-on card to be among the first 3D accelerator hardware available for PC desktops.

When hardware T&L was first implemented into PC video cards in 1999, I remember there was much hype about the fact the freed CPU time would eventually be used for AI enhancement. Yeah, right. :xxd:

That chipset is also very strange... It references both Pentium 4 and DDR/DDR2. The last Pentium 4 released was 11 years ago in 2006, back when Warcraft III was still a pretty modern game. Both DDR and DDR2 have long been obsoleted by DDR3 and now DDR4 to the point that such old memory is extremely expensive. The specific "Pentium-M" you reference sounds like one released in 2002. Seeing how Intel 3D acceleration capabilities were as good as non existent back then (as opposed to just sucking a bit now) it is surprising the game can work at all. To be honest the fact the computer still works with such hardware is a miracle or down to not being used much as all the hardware certainly has past end of life long ago.

My laptop is a NEC Versa S950 from 2005. That should explain a lot of things. :wink:

During the 2000s, both NEC and Western Digital produced tough beasts. From my personal experience, hardware failure over time may be due to an aging power supply, and/or to unexpected power variations (if not lightning!).

Intel hardware works in unexpected ways. The software-only T&L part in some integrated chipsets is obviously a sore point. Not mentioning the OpenGL hardware accelerated support being limited to v1.4 only.

Yet, the Intel i915GM integrated chipset passes the most complex 3DMark 2001 SE Direct3D tests iirc. But on anything else using pixel shaders, one may experience BSODs on startup, because of this unusual graphics rendering pipeline. XashXT comes to mind here (note: it works with Xash3D, though).

For OpenGL rendering requiring full support for 1.5 /2.x, one can only use a third-party MESA 3D OpenGL dll, which will sadly do everything in software (meaning: slooooooow!). Fortunately, the Quake engines up to and including Quake 3 do not require OpenGL v2 support. Lucky me.

All the games up to the early 2000s I am interested in, work on my laptop. This includes Warcraft 3 which was first designed in 1998.

When it was first released in 2002, Warcraft 3 was less demanding than the other games released that year, because the game engine has its roots in the 20th century. I was even able to kind of play it on a PII 350 Mhz with a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 video card, using Windows 2000. I do not recommend trying to run the game on a S3 Virge DX. At all. :xxd:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Is it just me or can the Locust units be selected in this latest version during gameplay?
Can not confirm. It must be something on your end.
The weird thing is, that any unit that gets Locust from me can be placed in the editor whilst the Locust unit (from the Crypt Lord) cannot be found in the unit palette tool.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frost Bolt has the buff Storm Bolt (!?) which cannot be found in the Buffs section of the Object Editor. I think it should have been the buff Stunned instead.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I was pointing this out since you were surprised, even nowadays CPU power may still be related to model detail one way or another for existing, working hardware.

For the record, this was also the case before the first 3D accelerator add-on cards for PC desktops were released. Early 3D polygon-based PC games (such as Alpha Waves) use CPU power only, and sometimes not even the FPU.
The Nintendo GameCube did not use any floating point mathematics and it had a graphics accelerator. Windows (since Vista) comes with a Software device implementation of D3D11 which only uses the GPU.
I believe the NEC PowerVR series 1 chipsets from 1996-1997 (meaning the PCX-1 and PCX-2 chipsets / Matrox m3D add-on card to be among the first 3D accelerator hardware available for PC desktops.
At some stage there was a blur between 2D and 3D acceleration hardware. Much of the advanced 2D acceleration hardware could pseudo accelerate 3D via transformations, similar to how the Super Nintendo worked for semi-3D games like Super Mario Kart. The main problem back then was there was none of the D3D and OpenGL we take for advantage now to standardize interaction with GPU hardware.

My laptop is a NEC Versa S950 from 2005. That should explain a lot of things.
Should not really be gamming on a laptop. I have one of a similar age from Dell (really expensive, it had a 1080p display and everything) and it degraded to uselessness ages ago and was replaced by something cheap.

During the 2000s, both NEC and Western Digital produced tough beasts. From my personal experience, hardware failure over time may be due to an aging power supply, and/or to unexpected power variations (if not lightning!).
All my computers from 2000 odd have either failed long ago or degraded to uselessness. As it is I am struggling to keep this computer from 2010 performing well and it has gone though both a PSU and a GPU during that time.

Intel hardware works in unexpected ways. The software-only T&L part in some integrated chipsets is obviously a sore point. Not mentioning the OpenGL hardware accelerated support being limited to v1.4 only.
Intel graphics acceleration was only a novelty back then. Only towards 2010, when transistor count exploded, did they develop real integrated GPUs. Sure they are still a long way off from AMD and NVidia but modern Intel integrated GPUs have no problem maxing WC3, in theory...

When it was first released in 2002, Warcraft 3 was less demanding than the other games released that year, because the game engine has its roots in the 20th century. I was even able to kind of play it on a PII 350 Mhz with a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 video card, using Windows 2000. I do not recommend trying to run the game on a S3 Virge DX. At all. :xxd:
Now a toaster can probably max it. Well not really as it is too busy DoSing PayPal...

You can probably build a PC for less than $300 that will not only max out WC3, but at 1080p with AA using only new components.

The weird thing is, that any unit that gets Locust from me can be placed in the editor whilst the Locust unit (from the Crypt Lord) cannot be found in the unit palette tool.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frost Bolt has the buff Storm Bolt (!?) which cannot be found in the Buffs section of the Object Editor. I think it should have been the buff Stunned instead.
There is a parameter in unit object data that determines if the unit is displayed in the editor or not.

Level 3
I still can't get on Battle.net due to the "Downloading Update" window appearing, "completing" and then letting me exit out to "restart" WC3, where it then runs a file called "MoviePatcher" and then... nothing. It does it over and over again. Ever since this new patch came out this has been happening. Deleting the MoviePatcher.exe file only makes the game download a new one once I try to get on Battle.net again.

www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/cannot-get-past-the-downloading-update-part-of-battle-net.290519/

I tried using Warcraft 3 version switcher to change the version to 1.26, but it still has the exact same issue as though I was on 1.27. I can't find a way around this besides maybe completely deleting the 1.27 patch and redoing it from scratch, and I don't really know how to do that without uninstalling WC3. I'd be willing to go that far if I have to, even if it means I have to find a new CD key (because I lost my old one a long time ago), but I'm worried even that might not work and it would just give me the same damn error. There's no reason it wouldn't, really.

If you guys are somehow able to get on Battle.net, I can't fathom how you got past this bug, if you even encountered it at all. But I'm not the only one who has it, either. Evidence here:

[8MB Limit Removed Update] Warcraft 3 - Patch 1.27b

Please, help me fix this. I wanna play WC3 again so I can test out Plague 1: The East and Destiny Battle as I work on them.

Last edited:
Level 3
Tried clean installing? Also try Azeroth (US) instead of Northered (Europe). The European sever has problems with some installs.
I always run on Azeroth (US East) anyway, so that's a non-issue. But no, I haven't done a clean reinstall, on account of me not having my Frozen Throne CD key anymore to reinstall it with. I guess it's looking like that's my only option, though, so I'll probably be buying a new copy of Frozen Throne soon.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Maybe @Barade and @Krotos can provide some feedback in this thread? Maybe they themselves reinstalled the game from their original discs / Blizzard's digital download, then successfully patched the game to 1.27b by using the official standalone installer?

When you first mentioned this issue in December 2016, I then failed to see a similar thread in the Battle.net forums.

I can confirm the file MoviePatcher.exe remains in the WC3 folder after a successful update to 1.27b.
On my French install, the version number for 1.27b reads 1.27.1.7085.

I don't really know how to do that without uninstalling WC3. I'd be willing to go that far if I have to, even if it means I have to find a new CD key (because I lost my old one a long time ago)
CD Keys are not to be 'found' from anywhere. When one buys his/her own personal copy of the game, one buys in fact his/her own personal CD Key. If one loses his/her own personal CD Key, then one must understand he loses his/her personal copy of the game in the process, be it already installed or not on his/her HDD.

Many update issues can be solved by a clean reinstall. It is the first thing to do imho.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
One should be cautious with any third-party tool one chooses to use. Such tools might be detected one way or another by Blizzard, and their use might get one banned from Battle.net as a result.

Should one lose his own personal CD Key, it is best imho one gets in touch with Blizzard. Maybe they can help.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
There might still remain traces of its use somewhere, which Blizzard might be able to detect one way or another.

** update **

What Blizzard says about temporary restrictions:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11644374332

The VC++ 2013 versions I had/have are :
- 12.0.40649 (current version)
Let us see what Blizzard decides to do with next patch.
After a successful update to v1.27b, one can find the following VC++2013 files in his/her WC3 folder:
- msvcr120.dll v12.00.21005.1
- msvcp120.dll v12.00.21005.1

For the record, the most recent Microsoft VC++2013 End-user Runtime version that I know of atm is v12.0.40660

Last edited:
Level 25
Well, for me BNUpdate still crashes during movie updater is run, so I cannot connect to the Battle.net anymore. Maybe it has something to do with the external disk I have installed Warcraft III: TFT to. It has a vfat filesystem or something like that (not NTFS).

I have also tried to connect to a different realm than Europe.

Here are the problem details (unfortunately in German but you can see the module name etc.):
Code:
Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    BNUpdate.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    2.136.0.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    5799a29f
  Fehlermodulname:    ntdll.dll
  Fehlermodulversion:    6.1.7601.23572
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    57fd02d3
  Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
  Ausnahmeoffset:    000632b9
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    46b4
  Zusatzinformation 2:    46b49f4ac13ec3a41c2f6eb4587d8f98
  Zusatzinformation 3:    c9fa
  Zusatzinformation 4:    c9faff6b66ffc14c48674fb8ec71be15

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

I will try the standalone installer now.

edit:
The standalone installer also crashes: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_English.exe

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Maybe it has something to do with the external disk I have installed Warcraft III: TFT to. It has a vfat filesystem or something like that (not NTFS).
A clean reinstall of the game somewhere on your C drive would be the first thing to try out imho

Here are the problem details (unfortunately in German but you can see the module name etc.):
So you bought an English version of the game, which you are running on a German OS version?

Since I would expect the copy of the game you bought to be also in German, you might then want to use the patch for the German locale version of the game instead?

I personally run the French locale version of the game on my French version of the XP OS, because I am a Frenchman who lives in France. Therefore, I never experienced any eventual locale mismatches between game and OS.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So you bought an English version of the game, which you are running on a German OS version?
One can change OS locality very easily on modern OS like Windows 10. Should not be a problem.

Since I would expect the copy of the game you bought to be also in German, you might then want to use the patch for the German locale version of the game instead?
Should not really make a difference as long as both RoC and TFT are the same language locale.

I personally run the French locale version of the game on my French version of the XP OS, because I am a Frenchman who lives in France. Therefore, I never experienced any eventual locale mismatches between game and OS.
XP is so old it can be a problem itself. More modern Windows are a lot more flexible with locale.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
One can change OS locality very easily on modern OS like Windows 10. Should not be a problem.
@Barade's OS version is 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48, which looks like Windows 7 Pro SP1 to me.

XP is so old it can be a problem itself. More modern Windows are a lot more flexible with locale.
@Barade has an issue with Patch 1.27b and his TFT install on Windows 7 SP1.

Not me on XP SP3

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
@Barade's OS version is 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48, which looks like Windows 7 Pro SP1 to me.
Should be able to change it no problem then. Even since Windows XP the pro versions have allowed one to change the locality at will. More modern ones such as Windows 7 and 10 should download missing locality files on demand.

@Barade has an issue with Patch 1.27b and his TFT install on Windows 7 SP1.
I had no issue installing the latest patch on Windows 10. On the other hand I am sure tons of people have had problems installing, running or updating WC3 on XP over the last decade odd.

Such issues are often system specific and have nothing to do with the OS.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Even since Windows XP the pro versions have allowed one to change the locality at will.
Changing something somewhere in the Regional settings of Windows might help in very specific cases.

For example, I remember the English demo version of Kingpin: Life of Crime could not run on a French Windows 9x OS. One had to first change the Regional settings of Windows to English, in order for the demo to work as intended.

On the other hand I am sure tons of people have had problems installing, running or updating WC3 on XP over the last decade odd.
Hey do not forget W98SE, up to and including Patch 1.26a. People tend to forget the mandatory (and ludicrous) W9x bashing these days, what a shame... :grin:

On a more serious note, tons of people have problems because their WC3 installs are faulty in some way.
In fact, tons of people have problems with computers / consumer-level technology as a whole. Generally because they are doing it wrong.

Such issues are often system specific and have nothing to do with the OS.
This is what we are trying to find out. Fyi, the ntdll.dll file is specific to one's country

sry used the wrong patch. Tested with the German patch now and got the same crash and yes I have Windows 7. I will try to move Warcraft from the external disk to C: and patch it there.
You must uninstall the game, then reinstall it. Not move its folder around.

Can you please confirm you bought the German version of the game?

** update **

Maybe it has something to do with the external disk I have installed Warcraft III: TFT to. It has a vfat filesystem or something like that (not NTFS).

FAT32? exFAT?

Whatever it is, I doubt it has any unexpected side-effect on the install process. However, the drive letter you installed your game to might have one.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Whatever it is, I doubt it has any unexpected side-effect on the install process. However, the drive letter you installed your game to might have one.
Actually it might...

FAT file systems have completely different and mostly more restrictive limitations than NTFS file systems. WC3 might not be designed for installation on such a file system.

Level 25
I moved it to the Desktop on C:, changed the registry paths with the registry fixer for Warcraft III and it still crashed. Yes I have bought the German version. I will have to search for my CDs now :D

edit:
I've also tried to run Frozen Throne and the patch .exe as Admin and in compatibilty mode. I guess my installation is somehow broken.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Actually it might...

FAT file systems have completely different and mostly more restrictive limitations than NTFS file systems. WC3 might not be designed for installation on such a file system.
I have no reason atm to suspect the 1.27b Patcher would attempt to write files/data beyond the limits of any file system, be it for PC or for Mac.

Regarding NTFS, the only tricky way to write data that I know of would be to use Alternate Data Streams. I am currently scanning my HDD for them with the trusty Alternate Data Streams and AlternateStreamsView (less good imho). Aaaaand... both found nothing out of the ordinary.

If you have evidence WC3 can not be updated to v1.27b on some file systems, then please provide us such evidence now. Or was it just a wild guess?

@Barade might wish to do such testing, hopefully.

I moved it to the Desktop on C:, changed the registry paths with the registry fixer for Warcraft III and it still crashed. Yes I have bought the German version. I will have to search for my CDs now :D
:bored:

Again, you must please *uninstall* your game, and then reinstall it elsewhere. *Not* move your game folder around and then use whatever third party tool in the hopes to fix whatever stuff.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you have evidence WC3 can not be updated to v1.27b on some file systems, then please provide us such evidence now. Or was it just a wild guess?
I was stating that it could be incompatible with some file systems as each file system imposes different limitations. Most commonly used file systems should be compatible, but using any file system other than the file system the game was designed, tested and targeted for might not be supported.

Level 3
My issue with "MoviePatcher" and failure to update to 1.27b is fixed! I submitted a ticket to Blizzard's support staff, who got me to buy a new version of TFT as a digital download, rather than a CD. This allowed me to install WC3: TFT 1.27b directly, and bypass the error. Everything works perfectly now! To anyone else who's having this problem, you can buy TFT as a digital download for about $10.00 USD (plus tax) from the Blizzard website.

Reactions: pyf

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My issue with "MoviePatcher" and failure to update to 1.27b is fixed! I submitted a ticket to Blizzard's support staff, who got me to buy a new version of TFT as a digital download, rather than a CD. This allowed me to install WC3: TFT 1.27b directly, and bypass the error. Everything works perfectly now! To anyone else who's having this problem, you can buy TFT as a digital download for about $10.00 USD (plus tax) from the Blizzard website.
You can also attach your existing RoC and TFT CD keys and get the digital for free...

pyf

pyf

Level 32

I had no issue installing the latest patch on Windows 10. On the other hand I am sure tons of people have had problems installing, running or updating WC3 on XP over the last decade odd.

Hey do not forget W98SE, up to and including Patch 1.26a. People tend to forget the mandatory (and ludicrous) W9x bashing these days, what a shame... :grin:

Starting later in 2017, Blizzard will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm.

No mention is being made of Warcraft 3, Diablo II nor StarCraft in Blizzard's official announcement.

Extended support for Windows Vista SP2 will end on April 11, 2017
Extended support for Windows XP SP3 ended on April 8, 2014
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Warcraft 3 should work on Windows 98SE / Windows Millennium, up to and including Patch 1.26a. Compatibility with more recent patch versions by using KernelEx is very very unlikely.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Starting later in 2017, Blizzard will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm.
About time. Hopefully we can expect some performance boosts, even if small.

Warcraft 3 should work on Windows 98SE / Windows Millenium, up to and including Patch 1.26a. Compatibility with more recent patch versions by using KernelEx is very very unlikely.
One really should not be using such OS in 2017...

pyf

pyf

Level 32
About time. Hopefully we can expect some performance boosts, even if small.
'[Blizzard] will begin the process' may mean this goal will take years and years to achieve.

It may be worth pointing out, Blizzard will also drop support for the 64-bit version of Vista as well in the process.

It is fun to notice in the official announcement, Blizzard refers to the end of mainstream support for XP and Vista to back up their decision. Obviously, Blizzard needed to find a stick to beat a dog here. Well, two dogs actually. :wink:

I am pointing out, mainstream support for Windows 7 SP1 ended on January 13, 2015. That is, more than two years ago. Just saying. :xxd:

Many developers seem eager to drop support for Windows Vista asap.

It is my personal belief, Vista will be as missed by PC users as were missed Windows 95 (+ OSR 2.x), Windows 98 (1st edition), Windows Millennium and Windows 2000. Meaning: not that many end-users will care imho.

One really should not be using such OS in 2017...
And yet...
Windows 98 Second Edition Service Pack 3.x

Old dogs die hard. :grin:

Last edited:
Level 19
Following abilities have "buff" field in their data set but always uses default value no matter what:
ANeg, AItb, AHav, AUsc
have to actually use STATED buff

Yet another:
All default abilities (Aslo, ANsi, etc) with debuffs overrride each other, means silence can get priority even if it's shorter, just replacing currently active buff with his own. This should follow stun rules where longer takes priority. Also fix fucking bug when stun get replaced but buff keep old, I believe it's somehow related. Means buff of shorter stun is kept when longer stun applied, yet actually stun buff should be replaced with longest.

I know this will never be fixed, but I'd still like to point that

Reactions: pyf
Level 19
Destroying trigger doesn't destroy it's actions (at least from my tests)
Shockwave and dozen of other spells have hardcoded target filters which prohibit allies, etc. This has to be removed to follow the targets stated in ability only.
Almost every default spell has a check of the target X/Y (or caster's) for pathability. This has to be toggleable or totally removed as there's no reason why you cannot shockwave on cliff.

Level 6
(Windows/Mac) Missing Maps/Campaign/CustomKeys

Missing Maps/Demo Campaign/Custom-Keys

Blizzard pruned a few files away in the recent patch. CustomKeysInfo.txt and
CustomKeysSample.txt may be missing on both Windows and Mac. A few maps
as well as the DemoCampaign.w3n may be missing on Mac installations.

Solution:
You can download the files here:
Custom-Keys (Pastebin) | Custom-Keys (Google Drive)
Maps (Pastebin) | Maps (Google Drive)
Demo Campaign (Pastebin) | Demo Campaign (Google Drive)

CustomKeysInfo.txt, CustomKeysSample.txt and "Maps" can be placed in your
Warcraft III directory. Place DemoCampaign.w3n within a folder named
"Campaigns" in the Warcraft III directory.​
What does this mean how do I fix warcraft to load my custom hotkeys? I dont need to download a new customkeys.txt or info.txt I already have my customkeys.txt in my Warcraft III directory already and they work on previous patch just not 1.28

I have now tried copying my customkeys.txt over to my "new" warcraft folder that was created in my Documents since patch 1.28 zzz there were several new folders so I placed customkeys in all of them (scripts, strings, etc) and tested it but no luck

this is very frustrating :(

Last edited:
Level 6
It should probably be placed in the Warcraft III folder in documents, not any of its sub folders. If it does not work there then it is bugged and Warcraft III is either still looking for it in the install directory, or not looking for it at all.
Like i said I placed it in every folder, including the root folder of My Documents\WarCraft III and its always been located at C:\Games\WarCraft III, and it works as normal with previous patches, sorry but this really sucks

Nevermind I figured it out... not sure why the CustomKeyBindings folder was missing, kind of annoying I had to figure out which folder was missing and create it to fix this. Why couldn't they just leave it in the original location :eek:

Last edited:
Level 1
I have been playing since 2004, everything has always been good. After I installed the patch 1.28.2 the problems started, throws it out of the battlnet, it does not matter if it's a rpg game, or you just sit on the channel. I can not do anything, I just throw it out and it never happened before. Windows 7 professional. Region: Russian Samara Region

Level 1
My game is not able to execute the required data migration since the last patch and now I can't login to my battle net account, please help.

Level 1
My game is not able to execute the required data migration since the last patch and now I can't login to my battle net account, please help
(My PC currently runs on Windows 10, I'm allready registered as administrator on my PC and all other applications where closed and it gave me error message.)
upload_2017-5-29_19-17-47.png

Status
Not open for further replies.