• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #21 - Chess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Bishop WIP 3 made
Changes:
-Cape anims realistically changed
-Added a book so it looks at lease like a hunter-priest-bishop thing
-Changed some anim rarities
attachment.php

DLLink

Attachments

• Bishop.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • Bishop Wip3.png
    Bishop Wip3.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 409
We are in the middle of the competition and you can not just change the rules.
As much as I can see we have: 3 Horse, 5 Rook, 4 Queen, 4 Bishop, 3 King, 4 Pawn entry's.

I do not agree with criteria change.
if everyone participating is asked about and agree, obviously we can change it. i wasn't going to do a "majority wins" thing. that would be unfair.

i dont see the relation of your position and the statistics you mentioned though. creativity isn't related to "how many of the kind are being made" but concept work quality/consistency

anyhow.... it's ok. the criteria won't be changed

Level 22
if everyone participating is asked about and agree, obviously we can change it. i wasn't going to do a "majority wins" thing. that would be unfair.

i dont see the relation of your position and the statistics you mentioned though. creativity isn't related to "how many of the kind are being made" but concept work quality/consistency

anyhow.... it's ok. the criteria won't be changed
*sobs*
Anyway, bishop could also be a Paladin/Magic Knight/Death Knight.

Level 8
i wish somebody will make a pawn model because most models are
Top 4:
1.Horse
2.rook
3.queen
4.bishop
not yet seen
5.king (i thought i saw a king earlier,nahh,just gonna put it here)
6.pawn

and also, can anybody make chess tiles? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
People will make what they want to make, this isn't the place to ask for requests.
And you shouldn't double post.

:3

And yes someone is doing a pawn - ike_ike is.
A very SEXY pawn.

Level 18
*sobs*
Anyway, bishop could also be a Paladin/Magic Knight/Death Knight.
Agreed, i'm a Holy Knight here!

i wish somebody will make a pawn model because most models are
Top 4:
1.Horse
2.rook
3.queen
4.bishop
not yet seen
5.king (i thought i saw a king earlier,nahh,just gonna put it here)
6.pawn

and also, can anybody make chess tiles? :D
I would make that but this is not a request area dude o.0

Last edited:
Level 23
I have decided that wishy-washy, haphazard Warcraft style doesn't suit me at all and am shifting to a more brutalist, slightly Aztec, style.

Haven't the faintest idea where I'll get textures to support this, but I'm not concerned about that now. I'll maybe have a rook around the internet for some free stock stone pictures.

rook2.jpg

Level 23
Apart from the Sunken Ruins textures missing an arch like the town hall so I can make the pylons look like towers, they seem to be rooking fine.

Almost completely re-modelled the head, not sure if I want to stick with the visor and glow it up or pull the brow down into a frown in the middle and go for Metal Sonic eyes.

There will no doubt be many more changes when I get it posed and go into the animations.

I think I will make some shitty talentless recolours of the textures involved so he can be black or white rook.

rook3.jpg

Woop, model is done I guess. Not happy with it, but then again when am I ever happy.
Are those giant arms earrings? :ogre_icwydt:

I think I will make some shitty talentless recolours of the textures involved so he can be black or white rook.
you dont need to actually paint your model white or black to make it reference the chess piece of that color

btw
black queen concept2.jpg

some brainstorming before texturing

guess ill go for a more savage look... with not much jewerly/clothing

Level 18
Don't know if you'll like this one. It really comes from my hardest work...

And that cape looks boxy, that's the last thing that made me went :goblin_sleep:

The helmet is good, the armor is good:goblin_good_job:

EDIT:

WIP
attachment.php

Changes:
-Added a ribbon
-Added a walk stand spin anim
-fixed Death anim bug
-Added a special spell effect using the ribbon
-Fixed and Re-UVed stuffs

EDIT2:I guess i just can't make a final entry..(no it's not like i can't ...i just love resuming the entry xD)

Attachments

• Final Entry.Rar
    55.6 KB · Views: 60
  • asdfgasdf.png
    asdfgasdf.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Level 49
Oh god. should I take you away from the judge list?

I'm... Sorry? D:
I understand that it's all about artistic representation and such, but... This seems to be stretching it a bit too far? I have nothing against it, Jigrael's models are wonderful, and I can see why it would correspond with a Rook; But I mean, this is like making a werewolf and calling it a Knight because they both resemble animals.

Although, I admit I didn't really make the connection between "strong, firm" etc and a rook at first because I was slightly tired.
Moving on please?

Status
Not open for further replies.