• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Skycraft, imo that's an even worse camera angle. By increasing the distance from the main fight scene you're creating total confusion among the viewers of the photo as for what's going on there. If you insist on using that angle of course you have to get rid of that tree. To be honest, the angle in the upper WiP looks much better.
Also the tree between the bandits and the farm is ugly and has more trunk than leaves, and gives nothing to the frame.

Humans vs Ancient Elementals

158769-albums4169-picture39930.jpg

Final WiPs

Battlefield: Reign of Chaos

There is my final work, no more updates (or maybe one if there is greater bug).
See what is wrong and what is right and give feedback, please!

Map have:
-Playable Pathing Ground
-Over 6000 doodads (dead footmans and villagers, bones, skulls, ruins, remains, abandoned armors and weapons, broken carts and creates).
-River, lake and a Forest.
-Custom Sky (moving dark cloulds), a Dark Fog and Rain.

overviewq.jpg

scrshot01.jpg

scrshot02.jpg

scrshot03.jpg

scrshot05.jpg

scrshot04.jpg

scrshot06.jpg

scrshot07.jpg

This Terrain will be uploaded to the Hive,s Maps selection after the Contest's over. Hope you like it, and don't forget to give Feedback...

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Battlefield: Reign of Chaos

There is my final work, no more updates (or maybe one if there is greater bug).
See what is wrong and what is right and give feedback, please!

Map have:
-Playable Pathing Ground
-Over 6000 doodads (dead footmans and villagers, bones, skulls, ruins, remains, abandoned armors and weapons, broken carts and creates).
-River, lake and a Forest.
-Custom Sky (moving dark cloulds), a Dark Fog and Rain.

overviewq.jpg

scrshot01.jpg

scrshot02.jpg

scrshot03.jpg

scrshot05.jpg

scrshot04.jpg

scrshot06.jpg

scrshot07.jpg

This Terrain will be uploaded to the Hive,s Maps selection after the Contest's over. Hope you like it, and don't forget to give Feedback...
You've got this contest all wrong. This isn't about terraining a map, it's about posting one single screenshot as a piece of art.

Level 7
here's mine,
I wanted a bloody war-like feel with smell of blood everywhere so I change the sky red, added red fog, and tinted the water red (but It doesn't appear red in-game)....not realistic though....

and half the units there are supposed to be dead (and they are in-game) and in WE, they're just standing in a pool of blood....

Attachments

• WE Screenie 2.jpg
    WE Screenie 2.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 138
Level 7
Well, rocks are staying as is unless I can get ahold of an awesome model that doesn't give me hell.

There's 4 screenies to it, I present: Eternal Conflict.

Please note that the first one with the reflection is the theme of the battle and should be what's judged, the other 3 are eye candy for the spectators!

Final (Part 1 of 4).jpg
Final (Part 2 of 4).jpg
Final (Part 3 of 4).jpg
Final (Part 4 of 4).jpg

Kinda wish more animations were displayed, but hey, there's a floating shaman!

2nd is my fav... reminds me of 300, that was epic.
"Then we will fight in the shade!" Only about 20 billion less arrows.

Also if you notice in the center of the 3rd, there's a footman looking up, lol (was not planned!)

wow i never though of this before but i might actualy stand a chance in this with my Ashenvale Forest Defence map and will create animations as from i am skilled in most parts of map editing as from i am 14 and have only been editing for nearly 2 years.
I will be a contestant and will improve terrain of my map as much as I can.
But one thing can someone tell me how to make a realy good sky display

That post by Nenad is strictly prohibited...
And it is a 5-star puzzle as well.

WOOD
U
LYK
2 TRAY UN
MAYN NU MAP...............w*)eorpe(*qyusnflasdkjfndkjvsd(*&$AESO(Y63O79YHLEfKhaof*#098356jekfhlaF(p*FYHHlefHnGP9*&hp$8Y........... AY WOOD APPREESHEE8 EET.... TENKS
DEEDHEY OP JUHJMEHNT BAY NECA vv BOAT EET PLIS

Sigh...

@AyeKantSpel
Very good. It's just like what Vizel said: why are they skewed?
But still; I like the way the battle field is done; and I think the sky is a BIT too dark; try tinting it a bit lighter.

Level 23
Nenad94 was taken care of and reported so no need to continue talking about him.

I would like everyone that submits a finished and final version of his terrain, to please post it without adding more screenshots, since this is about 1 screenshot not about a series of photos. A description or explanation is totally fine though
Thank you.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
I'm joining the contest :)
First contest, first terrain showcase :D

Here's my first WIP:
TC11WIP1.jpg

I got two question though...

1. Do I need to post my map at my final submission?
2. Can I put a trigger for visibility? Because I don't know how to make entire map visibility without triggering it.

I'm joining the contest :)
First contest, first terrain showcase :D

Here's my first WIP:
View attachment 95178

I got two question though...

1. Do I need to post my map at my final submission?
2. Can I put a trigger for visibility? Because I don't know how to make entire map visibility without triggering it.

1) nope
2) well if ur going for an in-game screenie then maybe its just fine...

btw, I'm thinking you pasted the pic on photoshop after pressing the print screen button that's why there was a note saying Screen Captured... when you press PrtScn on the WE, it creates a screenie on the screenshots folder of wc3, so I suggest you edit the screenie there so that there would be no text saying Screen Captured...

Level 17
Skewed? Not entirely sure I understand.

Skewed: Twisting or inbalance of proper direction.

I think what they mean to say is that the camera angle is too distorted and the image is too small that it's not capturing all the potential beauty of the terrain.

Level 48
Meh.
My concern is you put too much focus on the environment and trees and forgot about he battlefield part.
I believe it would be awesome if there was a huge amount of Felguards led by Doomguards or Pit Lords coming out of the portal, walking in a straight line, destroying everything in their path and leaving only blight and demonic fires behind.

Level 7
Nenad94 was taken care of and reported so no need to continue talking about him.

I would like everyone that submits a finished and final version of his terrain, to please post it without adding more screenshots, since this is about 1 screenshot not about a series of photos. A description or explanation is totally fine though
Thank you.

Is my post with multiple screenies acceptable or do I need to resubmit just the one screen shot?

Level 2
Here's my first post, first contest and first entry
haha
what do you think?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_123010_181549_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_123010_181549_01.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.