• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
Second WIP:
TC11WIP2.jpg

Every one of them (except trees and fires) are units :D
I freezed all of their animations after 0.2 second to catch a screenshot
Edit: Sorry about the cursor, I forgotten to hover it to other place.

Last edited:
Level 7
1 shot please, so that the poll we be based on an equal base for everyone, that's why :p
Okie dokie

@frutz first entry is nice, I'd suggest using the barrens rock pillar to line the edge to cover the blizzard cliffs and a few cacti.

@tleno looks kinda flat, though the overgrowth is nice, kinda reminds me of my place in the spring, lol.

@sPy nice, I love the fires and the grom in the background saying "GET OFF ME!", maybe add trees that have been knocked down?

Level 13
I think this might be my entry. Any suggestions on improvements?

Take off the spikes on there heads doesn't blend well next change the angel of the one on the sand bag he looks just flat in that angel and last fix or remove the dust/sand on the tall one who just got out of the sand.

Level 17
Take off the spikes on there heads doesn't blend well next change the angel of the one on the sand bag he looks just flat in that angel and last fix or remove the dust/sand on the tall one who just got out of the sand.

Okay yeah, i added the spikes to show that theres more of them underground, but i guess i can remove them. I used alternative stand with the one on the sand bag, but ill try it with a normal one.

Level 14
I think this might be my entry. Any suggestions on improvements?

My only problem is with the cattails, they're just a tad too big and make it seem more Wc3-esque then it should. However, the dust on the nearest, and most notable worm, is slightly awkward. Either rework it or just remove it all together.

And DO NOT remove the spikes. They're one of my favorite aspects of the terrain.

Overall it's a very interesting idea with great execution. Great job on it.

Level 13
If your not gonna remove the spikes blend better they look just horrible out of place at the moment.

Level 13
Spikes blend better so they are ok at the moment and if your still doing spikes may want to add them on the ones near the back since the rest of them have it.

Level 27
Still, you should change those boxes to something else. Currently it looks pretty lame... I think I've seen pretty great sci-fi boxes somewhere in the Hive...

152252-albums2754-picture40035.jpg

What do you think about the Pre-final terrain of mine?!

EDIT: If I won't be able to make never version, this will be my final submission, but for now it's not and I'm still gonna immprove it...

Level 17
Still, you should change those boxes to something else. Currently it looks pretty lame... I think I've seen pretty great sci-fi boxes somewhere in the Hive...

152252-albums2754-picture40035.jpg

What do you think about the Pre-final terrain of mine?!

EDIT: If I won't be able to make never version, this will be my final submission, but for now it's not and I'm still gonna immprove it...

I don't think the tiles fit with the crates/barrels. I like the nature parts tho.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
That's pretty cool, Orc vs Fel.
Could use a few more units IMO.

@sPy nice, I love the fires and the grom in the background saying "GET OFF ME!", maybe add trees that have been knocked down?
That is what I'm planning :D

Third WIP:
TC11FINAL.jpg

Used WILL THE ALMIGHTY's explosion effect.
Edit: Sorry about the file name, it is supposed to be TC11WIP3
Edit 2: The picture is a little blurry if you didn't watch its full size

Last edited:
Level 2
why blizzard cliff is need to be covered? is it that ugly?

Second wip:

Attachments

• TC11wip2.jpg
    TC11wip2.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 132
Level 12
They are hideous. Very ugly. Disgusting. Nasty. Revolting. Take your pick. :)

However, used carefully, they can be nice on rare occasions. :)

Level 7
Yeah, I don't care for it much myself, and when you use the lower/raise tool with it, I find the result to be rather undesireable.

Edit: The big open area is inviting for something, either mountains or trees or an air attack force... looks good so far though.

Last edited:
Level 7
@AyeKantSpel
Make it as a doodad? Then it won't have team colors correct.
Also; I tried to make it play it's animations; but it didn't.

As a destructible, like a tree or a crate, when it plays an animation it shows as red, not sure how to get it to show another color, albeit I didn't check into it more than I needed to use it for my unit animations in mine.

Level 2
I see now, the barren pillars are better to see compared to the blizzard's cliff
@ayekantspel yeah, it looked empty so, I added air forces like you said(thx for reminding me, I almost forgot) and a camp, also an archway
my 3rd wip :

Attachments

• tc11wip3.jpg
    tc11wip3.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.