• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
@deepstrasz i'm just interested. If Blizzard re released Classic, just providing the UI to cover the whole screen, fixing the bugs of 1.29+ pathces, and changing the name to "Warcraft 3 Reforged" and the logo. Would you pay 130.81 L for it? (according to google, haven't been to Romania for at least five years so I have no clue what's the course between Leu and Euro) This question is purely out of curiosity, nothing personal or stuff.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
@deepstrasz i'm just interested. If Blizzard re released Classic, just providing the UI to cover the whole screen, fixing the bugs of 1.29+ pathces, and changing the name to "Warcraft 3 Reforged" and the logo. Would you pay 130.81 L for it? (according to google, haven't been to Romania for at least five years so I have no clue what's the course between Leu and Euro) This question is purely out of curiosity, nothing personal or stuff.
That would be silly and frankly a sham. I've payed for the games already. The bugs are not my problem, it's theirs. Only thing they could do is charge new content patches but few people would agree with that.
I really don't understand what's with this question. You're asking me if I'd buy the game again so I could access patch 1.32 or something.

Level 13
That would be silly and frankly a sham. I've payed for the games already. The bugs are not my problem, it's theirs. Only thing they could do is charge new content patches but few people would agree with that.
I really don't understand what's with this question. You're asking me if I'd buy the game again so I could access patch 1.32 or something.
No, no, no. I'm asking if Reforged was basically just a bug fixing patch, would you buy it? Cause as far as I understand that's mostly what the "purists" are asking for.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
No, no, no. I'm asking if Reforged was basically just a bug fixing patch, would you buy it? Cause to me it seems that's mostly what the "purists" are asking for.
I've no idea what feedback you're reading. I have to say, I don't read everything on B.net forums. Who asks such a thing is an imbecile.
Quasi-purists (like me) want the models to look more like the ones in the original game while total purists want the models to just get HD versions like those from StarCraft II.
I would be OK with any of these two. That being written, I enjoy/want new models as well, like those for WoW characters (=/=WCIII characters & creatures like they look in WoW).

Level 34
Actually, the Jungle Stalkers will look like that now so you'll see plenty in both the campaigns and melee.
Oh yeah. I saw Stalkers, with those greenery and mushrooms, they are cool. But they are common in Sunken Ruins. Moss Covered Golem is only one. I did not know it is so popular to get its own model. For that logic they should do models for everyone who is only once in campaign, which would be awesome! Those 4 Golems guarding sunwell should get their models

Who asks such a thing is an imbecile.
Ahahahaha! Are there many of those in b.net?

Now guys, Sunken Ruins is finally out! Even Beta and imported map but I love it! it is amazing, look at those palms, sands, corals! beautiful.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Moss Covered Golem is only one.
Ah, now I remember what you were referring to. Well, for modding, there are possibilities. Also, it's one of those units with custom skins/models. There will be many throughout the campaigns.
For that logic they should do models for everyone who is only once in campaign, which would be awesome! Those 4 Golems guarding sunwell should get their models
It's what we're expecting, yeah!
Well, those golems don't have a custom name but indeed I'd love that because they look too neutral, let's say. Also, they should get custom names and maybe stats.
Now guys, Sunken Ruins is finally out! Even Beta and imported map but I love it! it is amazing, look at those palms, sands, corals! beautiful.
Oof, the lightening in this game is so, not there, right now.

Level 13
Still, nothing new so far. Game is supposed to be released by end of month (in three weeks) and now is radio silence :cgrin:
Acctually, it has only two and a half weeks to be released. And it's not even the final BETA build :D Nobody releases anything ever between the 25th December and the 2nd January(Christmas Holidays). And most likely WoW 8.3 releases circa 15th january, and I don't think they'll release Reforged shortly before or a month after WoW 8.3, than comes a new WoW Classic phase so..... April release seems more and more likely to me.

Level 20
I'm going to say it - I'm starting to have doubts whether they will release Reforged by the end of the year.

Oh, and before you say it - I've spent a fair amount of time trying to find the law regulations that supposedly force companies to release their games within the time frame set with the beginning of preorders/prepurchases and... I couldn't find anything. All I could find is that for instance Germany requires publishers to put forth an expected release date for their product when they allow people to prepurchase it, but there's nothing there about companies being in any way penalized for not sticking to that date.

That said, the situation with Reforged seems obvious - the reason why we don't have a release date yet is because the devs still have a lot of work to do and they don't feel comfortable commiting to a release date. That's the only feasible explanation of the fact that we're 3 weeks away from the end of their release window and the release date is still not announced.

And so I'm going to say it - dear devs, if you're reading this, I know I might have been rough on Reforged at times, but it's because I want it to be good. If you need more time to release a complete, working product then absolutely feel free to take a couple more months. I won't get angry if you choose to delay the release. In fact, I - and I think many others - will welcome such choice if it comes with a promise of getting a better product.

I, for one, prefer waiting a bit longer and getting a quality product than getting a rushed and flawed release this month.

Level 34
'm going to say it - I'm starting to have doubts whether they will release Reforged by the end of the year.
As vast majority of people do. I do not know what to say. Maybe it will be delayed, but I wont doubt at Blizzard ,,corporatism" and pushing things away just to get rid of them. Seems that they regreet doing this anyway, it took them long time, aruging, different approaches and want this saga to end at once. They are more focused on WOW, Diablo and other games.

the reason why we don't have a release date yet
But we have release date. it is there all time officially - by the end of year.
And this is offical. So, they should make note only if this changed. So far it did not get changed. Maybe they will next days. This silence of theirs rocks!

@deepstrasz what is your opinion regarding this all?

Level 34
That's a release WINDOW, not a release DATE
They set up exact date (which can be changed in future of course) by 31. december or at 31. december.
It is pretty clear. But yes I get what you mean, they did not confirm anything directly yet ,,We decided that game will be released on this date". But maximum number was 31. anyway. WAS although it should be IS, but I guess it will be changed since everyone complains that game is not ready yet. Still I am telling you, do not underestimate corporation! They are unpredictable. Game is supposed to be released by end of month and still nothing officially specifically. Nothing important, anything at all. Just silly patch few days ago which proves that there are more bugs and thats it.
Silence! Hey, any game has some sort of spirit, energy, as you say ,,hype" (this modern overused word). You can smell games in air. You see marketing all around social networks, youtube, news! Basically they kill your brain until game is released. And what is it now? Reforged is just as dead horse. I have never seen this behavior in life. I beleive at this very moment even they do not know what to do. They are confused totally. That is why I said DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE CORPORATION! Always weird and quick decisions came after confusion. Ah yes, as many of you mentioned before ,,Rushed Game"
@MasterBlaster @deepstrasz tell me, if they release game at 30.anyway, what should we expect? What can be finished so far and what not?

Level 13
@MasterHaosis do you seriousely expect them to release the game on new year's eve? I'm 1000% certain that won't happen. Besides check your Battle.net app, it says he game releases on or before 31.decemeber 2019. I do agree on the marketing part though.

Level 34
@MasterHaosis do you seriousely expect them to release the game on new year's eve? I'm 1000% certain that won't happen. Besides check your Battle.net app, it says he game releases on or before 31.decemeber 2019. I do agree on the marketing part though.
Honestly I do not expect anything from Blizzard anymore (they are not capable or writing at least what is happening with game), I was just making point that they should not be silent like it, but even if it happens anyway I wont get surprised. Honestly even if they release game at 31. December in 11:59PM I wont get surprised. They got me already with this silence.

Level 20
They set up exact date
No, they didn't.

What it says on the shop page is that "Warcraft® III: Reforged releases on or before December 31, 2019". What it means is that the game will come out by the end of 2019, i.e. on an unspecified date between now and December 31st 2019. That's a range of dates, not a specific date, i.e. a release window, not a release date.

Moreover, the above was posted on November 2nd, 2018 and wasn't updated since then, which means the release window IS still "November 3rd, 2018 - December 31st, 2019". The only reason why we know it's December 2019 is that it's the last month of the release window and we're already in it, so it's the only option left. Still, the specific day is still unknown, so according to the definition of a date:

a numbered day in a month, often given with a combination of the name of the day, the month, and the year
Source: DATE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

It's NOT a date, because while we know the month and the year, we don't know the exact day.

Just look at WoW:Shadowlands. It says: "World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020". Would you say that's a date? No, it's a release window that ends on a specific date, but the actual release date is any day of any month in either 2019 or 2020. That's a range of dates, i.e. a release window.

What I think confuses you is the "December 31st, 2019" part. That's NOT a release date, that's the end date of the release window. There's a huge difference. Let's say today is March 1st and you say that you will buy a car this month. It's equivalent to saying that you will buy a car on or before March 31st. This doesn't mean that you are going to buy a car on March 31st - it's just the last day of the month in which you're supposed to buy a car, i.e. the last possible date in the time frame that you've given.

Another example, let's say I stated I have no more than 5 children. This doesn't mean that I have 5 kids, but that the maximum amount of kids that I can have is 5, i.e. I didn't say specifically how many kids I have, I've just given you a range and the number 5 indicates the maximum value in that range.

As you see, there is a big difference.

---

Regarding what we can expect if they release this month - no way to tell. Everything depends whether and how much their internal build is ahead of the beta. It's possible that their internal build has many improvements which for one reason or another they haven't pushed to the beta client just yet. Just as it's possible that what we see on the beta is pretty much all that they have minus the campaigns.

As it stands right now, all we have to go by is the beta client and in my opinion it doesn't look anywhere close to being good enough for release.

Last edited:
Level 13
Honestly I do not expect anything from Blizzard anymore (they are not capable or writing at least what is happening with game), I was just making point that they should not be silent like it, but even if it happens anyway I wont get surprised. Honestly even if they release game at 31. December in 11:59PM I wont get surprised. They got me already with this silence.
Oh they're capable of telling what is happening, but for one reason or another they're unwilling to. Blizzard is still capable of making good games, have you seen Overwatch 2, graphics perfect and stunning, and I'm going to bet they'll be no bugs at all. We have to understand that Reforged is just a side project and that it's not important that much, and it probably got sacrificed(stuff and budget) so that Overwatch and Diablo can happen. Already said it, but Reforged panel at Blizzcon says it pretty much all. It looked like a dea...on maintainance game panel (*cough*Heroes of the Storm*cough*), not like a panel of the game that's in the height of the developement. The only thing we can do is buy the game or not buy it.
At least to me Shadowlands seems like Blizzard doesn't even care about WoW that much anymore and is also puting it on maintainance, so what can you expect form Reforged.

@MasterBlaster the strange thing here is that they give a WoW release window, when the expansion gets announced, and they give a precise release date months in advance(exe Blizzcon 2017-> BfA releases on or before December 31st 2018, than in late May-early June they change it to 28th of August or whatever), this thing didn't happen with Reforged.

Last edited:
Level 20
@MasterBlaster the strange thing here is that they give a WoW release window, when the expansion gets announced, and they give a precise release date months in advance(exe Blizzcon 2017-> BfA releases on or before December 31st 2018, than in late May-early June they change it to 28th of August or whatever), this thing didn't happen with Reforged.
That's precisely what worries me.

Realistically, it's rather unlikely that they will release the game during the holiday season. Now, admittedly I don't know how it operates in the US, but I assume that the company is going to be seriously understaffed (if not straight up operating on the most essential personnel) between December 24th and 26th and on December 31st. I wouldn't be surprised if that also applies to December 27th - 30th. Due to that, it's not really the best time to release a new game.

That leaves us with December 9th to December 22nd. Excluding the weekend before Christmas and like 2-3 days they need to have as a buffer in case something goes really wrong, I don't think the game will launch later than December 17th/18th. And that's in less than 2 weeks.

If they're going to launch then, they should be ready to commit to that date already, i.e. the game should be in such a state where they feel comfortable to announce the release date. The fact that they aren't indicates that they're having issues and if they do, one of three things is going to happen:

a) They go with the weird release date like right after Christmas or whatever - in which case we run the risk that if something is broken, it won't be fixed until 2020.
b) They announce the release date next week and release the week after - in which case there's a big risk that Reforged will be rushed and generally broken, but hopefully they manage to somewhat duct tape it before Christmas so that it's at least playable until they are able to work on more substantial fixes in 2020.
c) They delay the game to 2020 - in which case there's a good chance that once it comes out, it's actually in a good state.

The last option, i.e. they release this month and everything just works is - to me - very unlikely.

P.S. And yes, at this point I don't really worry about how "good" Reforged is going to be, I worry whether it will be in at least somewhat playable state, i.e. with no huge game-breaking bugs or crashes.

Last edited:
Level 13
That's precisely what worries me.

Realistically, it's rather unlikely that they will release the game during the holiday season. Now, admittedly I don't know how it operates in the US, but I assume that the company is going to be seriously understaffed (if not straight up operating on the most essential personnel) between December 24th and 26th and on December 31st. I wouldn't be surprised if that also applies to December 27th - 30th. Due to that, it's not really the best time to release a new game.

That leaves us with December 9th to December 22nd. Excluding the weekend before Christmas and like 2-3 days they need to have as a buffer in case something goes really wrong, I don't think the game will launch later than December 17th/18th. And that's in less than 2 weeks.

If they're going to launch then, they should be ready to commit to that date already, i.e. the game should be in such a state where they feel comfortable to announce the release date. The fact that they aren't indicates that they're having issues and if they do, one of three things is going to happen:

a) They go with the weird release date like right after Christmas or whatever - in which case we run the risk that if something is broken, it won't be fixed until 2020.
b) They announce the release date next week and release the week after - in which case there's a big risk that Reforged will be rushed and generally broken, but hopefully they manage to somewhat duct tape it before Christmas so that it's at least playable until they are able to work on more substantial fixes in 2020.
c) They delay the game to 2020 - in which case there's a good chance that once it comes out, it's actually in a good state.

The last option, i.e. they release this month and everything just works is - to me - very unlikely.

P.S. And yes, at this point I don't really worry about how "good" Reforged is going to be, I worry whether it will be in at least somewhat playable state, i.e. with no huge game-breaking bugs or crashes.
What I'm pretty certain is that another patch will come out this Wednesday, December 11th. And that will be final BETA build. It needs to be on a BETA at least a week.

That being said, the rest are my speculations. So December the 18th is a likely candidate. After that they'll have a few days to patch gamebreaking bugs, and get it to somewhat playable state. It will stay in a somewhat playable state unitl January 3rd (it's only a week people can live for that long, besides most people have more stuff to do for Christams Hollydays than playing Warcraft 3). Few weeks after january the 3rd, till circa 20th January it will recive a lot of bug fixing patches, after which it will be put on maintainance mode officially. April is too far now that I think about it.

Level 34
Oh they're capable of telling what is happening, but for one reason or another they're unwilling to.
Oh so on purpose, ignoring almost anyone in world who expects Reforged in any way at all. Remember that fans are separated between old school, and WOW ones and some more, which ended in bashing around Reforged last few months. But everyone is united that Blizzard should say anything so far. And constantly ask them to say anything. Day after day, and still no word from them, ignoring and literally annoying millions of people worldwide. Some want game to be released, some want to be delayed, some want new cutscenes, some want more WOW into it, some want to game stay as is... many many options and opinions, but EVERYONE WANTS word from Blizzard. Anything, just to know where we are standing so far.
And they knew it and still decided to ignore everyone of us. I have seen on blizzard's forums that people are out of nerves lately as days are passing away and still no words (and game should be released very soon). That is very stupid move. Just simply official ,,Hey we are hearing you, we are working on it, we will inform you soon" would be enough. Lately, its like talking to brick wall.

Blizzard is still capable of making good games, have you seen Overwatch 2, graphics perfect and stunning, and I'm going to bet they'll be no bugs at all.
Yes, but we are not talking about them, we are talking about Reforged.

We have to understand that Reforged is just a side project and that it's not important that much, and it probably got sacrificed(stuff and budget) so that Overwatch and Diablo can happen.
Not just that we have to understand, we must understand this, and rate it all according to this.
I as Wc3 fan do not care about those games and I wont hear excuses from them for that. I will buy game most likely and play it and decide what t osay, write, comment about it. If they made game awesome they would get awesome rating. If they screw it up as secondary project, that is how they will get in turn. You know our sentence ,,Sve po zasluzi". No excuses. No Wc3/WOW fan will care about Diablo, Overwatch or whatever project they consider more important. If they deserve 4, they would get 4, not 5 just because they had other projects to work on. It is their decision, their problem. But reasonable, of course. They should focus more of what is more worth to them. Those are probably much better games than Reforged, I never played them. However, Reforged is here in question.

AT this point I believe that this is everybody's concern. But I just wait to see how will game turn out, then decide to buy it somehow. I do not have job, so no credit card. I must find workaround. My fiance perhaps. But after game is out. For any case. As deepstarasz said, no preorders yet haha. @deepstrasz they wont take your hard blood earned 30dollars so far :cgrin:

What I'm pretty certain is that another patch will come out this Wednesday, December 11th. And that will be final BETA build. It needs to be on a BETA at least a week.
Yeah man. I am just curious what strategy will they use to impress us.
But I wont let them surprise me.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
But I wont let them surprise me.
Positively, why not :D?
@deepstrasz they wont take your hard blood earned 30dollars so far
The money is secondary. It's loyalty and humaneness. I want them to care about their fans not just because we bring in the money but due to the fact that we are spending our time for them trying to make their games better and in what Warcraft III is concerned, the community has made lots of art for and with it.

Level 34
Positively, why not :D?
Because I do not know if it will be positive or negative. That is all this silence is about.
If I get positive surprise then it is awesome! But if I get disappointed that will last for long.
This way I wont get disappointed because I did not have any expectations so far.

The money is secondary. It's loyalty and humaneness. I want them to care about their fans not just because we bring in the money but due to the fact that we are spending our time for them trying to make their games better and in what Warcraft III is concerned, the community has made lots of art for and with it.
But if you ask Venombite he will tell you that Blizzard is company and does not owe anything to anybody, thus does not need to care about fans, just profit. And other games make profit.
However, i tend to believe (due to example of EA I written before) that even wild horse can be somewhat domesticated :cgrin:
There is always cure. Or collapse.

Level 13
Lol, making games is how they make a living, why should they care about fans, love of the fans doesn't buy anything. Nobody was forcing you to stick with the game, or even now, nobody is forcing you to do anything with the game. You did because you wanted to. In this field they owe you nothing. Frankly you and the person who has heard about the game yesterday, pay the same amount of money, and are equally important to the company.

Level 20
Frankly you and the person who has heard about the game yesterday, pay the same amount of money, and are equally important to the company.
Technically - yes, but... In regards to modding community - we do hold a special value to Blizzard and we are a bit more important than an average person, because many people really enjoy playing custom maps and that's something that the modding community provides for FREE. That's especially relevant if they are going to add microtransactions to Reforged at some point, because the more people are playing (for instance because of custom maps), the more will spend extra money.

Level 13
Technically - yes, but... In regards to modding community - we do hold a special value to Blizzard and we are a bit more important than an average person, because many people really enjoy playing custom maps and that's something that the modding community provides for FREE. That's especially relevant if they are going to add microtransactions to Reforged at some point, because the more people are playing (for instance because of custom maps), the more will spend extra money.
Micro-transactions will be added to the game a second after the release. I'm 100% certain that the four custom skins will be purchasable the momment the game releases on battle.net(card packs and backs in Hearthstone, mounts in WoW, skins in HotS and stuff). They'll be adding more purchasable Daugter of the Sea type skins, maybe some melee maps and scenarios as well for purchase, and maybe some melee maps with completely new tileset(e.g Pandaria) for purchase. It's like with every game on Battle.net, it was expected from the moment they announced the game.

Level 34
Frankly you and the person who has heard about the game yesterday, pay the same amount of money, and are equally important to the company.
You made good points above, but you still seem not to understand this thing. Maybe because you joined this year (although you may be active for longer time without registration here). Before Hive, there was Wc3sear site. From 2003 I think. Many our users registered before 2006 are from there. They made tons of assets, models, maps etc... Hive existed little later, but they merged in early 2007. I came that year. Anyway, since its existence those sites made tons of assets, and attracted many more people whose were using Blizzard's products. Making maps, models, skins, spells etc etc.. benefited game and company lot as it constantly bring many more people. The hell, even some of members from here went to work for company. They wont be famous and RICH (since you are constantly push money thing) without communities worldwide. Wc3 is homage to WOW you know. So no, average person there and here is not same. People from here attracted many new people and basically did marketing indirectly constantly all over years. Person whose bought game yesterday did not made assets for them, made them famous. The hell, people who made Dota at first place (I cant remember now but I believe some of skins and models are from here too) in fact literally extended Wc3 game's life back then, since it benefit Blizzard greatly.
So after all this, it is easy for you to say ,,hey they do not owe to communities anything, you are not forced to play game" as nobody forced them back then to have benefits from communities worldwide. They should say that before 10-15 years ago ,,Hey do not bother, we do not care about you", not now since we made good basement for them.

Level 20
Micro-transactions will be added to the game a second after the release. I'm 100% certain that the four custom skins will be purchasable the momment the game releases on battle.net(card packs and backs in Hearthstone, mounts in WoW, skins in HotS and stuff). They'll be adding more purchasable Daugter of the Sea type skins, maybe some melee maps and scenarios as well for purchase, and maybe some melee maps with completely new tileset(e.g Pandaria) for purchase. It's like with every game on Battle.net, it was expected from the moment they announced the game.
You did an amazing job focusing on a single word instead of my counter to your previous point :)

Level 13
You made good points above, but you still seem not to understand this thing. Maybe because you joined this year (although you may be active for longer time without registration here). Before Hive, there was Wc3sear site. From 2003 I think. Many our users registered before 2006 are from there. They made tons of assets, models, maps etc... Hive existed little later, but they merged in early 2007. I came that year. Anyway, since its existence those sites made tons of assets, and attracted many more people whose were using Blizzard's products. Making maps, models, skins, spells etc etc.. benefited game and company lot as it constantly bring many more people. The hell, even some of members from here went to work for company. They wont be famous and RICH (since you are constantly push money thing) without communities worldwide. Wc3 is homage to WOW you know. So no, average person there and here is not same. People from here attracted many new people and basically did marketing indirectly constantly all over years. Person whose bought game yesterday did not made assets for them, made them famous. The hell, people who made Dota at first place (I cant remember now but I believe some of skins and models are from here too) in fact literally extended Wc3 game's life back then, since it benefit Blizzard greatly.
So after all this, it is easy for you to say ,,hey they do not owe to communities anything, you are not forced to play game" as nobody forced them back then to have benefits from communities worldwide. They should say that before 10-15 years ago ,,Hey do not bother, we do not care about you", not now since we made good basement for them.
While I do agree on some things you said, I disagree on some.

First of all 2009 is already antiquity when it comes to gaming and other high tech industries. So you can't compare the situation now and back than in almost anyway, let alone 2006 and stuff.

It seems that you're overestimating the power of modding community. Modding didn't expand the player base, it just extended people's interest in it. Nobody began to play the game cause of modding community in the first place. People started modding because they liked the base game. People who liked the base game started to do modding. But, I agree with you and @MasterBlaster that the modding community will indeed prolongue the game's life and make people more interested in the micro transactions. But on the other hand they can not predict will you,or anyone else, be in modding a few years from now.

The only exception being DotA. I do agree that it helped promote the game and extend it's life cycle, and it benefited Blizzard. But they descided to sell the rites to another company, who made DotA 2. Maybe the most popular game now (Legue of Legends), second maybe only to Minecraft, is based on DotA and is developed by another company, Blizzard's competition, and they are making tons of money, while Blizzard is not doing so well. Blizzard tried to make it's own LoL, Heroes of the Storm, but failed miserably. They basically admitted that when they said something like, we're killing HotS. What I meant to say that DotA actually ended up being bad for Blizzard :D

Level 20
What in the actual Grommash's <censored>?!

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but... perhaps their internal build really had a lot of improvements we haven't seen yet and they've decided to finally enable them for testing to make sure they're ready for release?

Level 20
What in the actual Grommash's <censored>?!

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but... perhaps their internal build really had a lot of improvements we haven't seen yet and they've decided to finally enable them for testing to make sure they're ready for release?

Thats probably the case. They have 19 days until release date, so now is the time

Level 20
Patch notes are up.

1.32.0.4 Beta Notes

TL;DR - custom games, new ladder maps, there will be bugs, they expect to patch aggresively.

Also, there's some reddit/tweets that say some graphic improvements have been made. Haven't seen any details or even a reliable confirmation thus far.

---

Well, the "patching aggresively" part sounds like they're rushing to get it ready for release this month. Not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully it goes well.

---

Watching Grubby - there have been some graphical updates. For instance, some portraits are finally animated and in an actually fine way, i.e. you can see the unit talking. Nice.

Last edited:
Level 34
@Venombite Man, you are good and smart. Bright future is in front of you. Its just that you are too much into this modern corporation stuff, propaganda they are doing these days, but you will blend into it awesomely!

First of all 2009 is already antiquity when it comes to gaming and other high tech industries. So you can't compare the situation now and back than in almost anyway, let alone 2006 and stuff.
Yes, I can't compare! Back then and now is much different. Thieves everywhere. Facebook founder got prosecuted and had to testify before European parliament, and his company got heavy punished for espionage. Employees around world started to protest against Google for various stuff. So yes! Good last few ,,modern" years, for high tech giants. Greed is at its best. One simply wishes we all stuck frozen in these times :cgrin:

But it all started from there. And we are alive man. Antique? I had less than 20, now I have 31. A bit older, but not too old. Many of us are still here. And watch stuff happening!

It seems that you're overestimating the power of modding community.
Not much. Again, who is testing stuff for them now? When they release patches, right now, custom games... Who created them at first place?
They hired many people from here... Oh you remember in their official post ,,Thanks Retera" ... Retera is man from here. They would not have shit properly done without us to fix and clean stuff after them. All they do is release something and ,,insert hype here... new patch is out, test it".
They cannot function properly without modding communities. They can survive, but not function smoothly. Those modern ,,facebook generation" kids whose are not into modding just play stuff.

Modding didn't expand the player base, it just extended people's interest in it. Nobody began to play the game cause of modding community in the first place. People started modding because they liked the base game. People who liked the base game started to do modding. But, I agree with you and @MasterBlaster that the modding community will indeed prolongue the game's life and make people more interested in the micro transactions. But on the other hand they can not predict will you,or anyone else, be in modding a few years from now.
Yes that. Wise words again. But one thing, I have seen many posts in blizzard's forums and around. Many people told that they care only about custom games, not campaign or PvP. This is how I started here back in ,,antique" times. Since Wc3 came out, I played it for years occasionally, and got enough of same stuff over and over. And in old Wc3sear I saw custom maps. Then I downloaded, played them for long time. Then I started downloading custom models and implement in my maps. And registered here. So, its not just community itself, but custom maps bring people here. As far I remember there are ,,Community Maps" in latest patches for TFT. I have that folder built in at least. Obviosly, it is made by communities. So yes, you are right overall about this one, but many people are enough with ,,vanilla" stuff. And even today, they want to play custom, even in Reforged.

The only exception being DotA. I do agree that it helped promote the game and extend it's life cycle, and it benefited Blizzard. But they descided to sell the rites to another company, who made DotA 2. Maybe the most popular game now (Legue of Legends), second maybe only to Minecraft, is based on DotA and is developed by another company, Blizzard's competition, and they are making tons of money, while Blizzard is not doing so well. Blizzard tried to make it's own LoL, Heroes of the Storm, but failed miserably. They basically admitted that when they said something like, we're killing HotS. What I meant to say that DotA actually ended up being bad for Blizzard
I do not know honestly much about it, I did not play Dota much ,few times, I do not like it. Thus I assume whatever you wrote to be that because you know what about you are talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.