• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What does Halloween mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
You either go with the flow or just don't post.
If you can't handle us telling you what halloween means to us, why bother making a thread where we're asked to share our opinions on what halloween means to us?

Anyhow, to me halloween is just another day during the week that ends October.

Level 14
If you can't handle us telling you what halloween means to us, why bother making a thread where we're asked to share our opinions on what halloween means to us?

Isn't it obvious? The OP doesn't give 2 cents for what you do, unless it can somehow lead to him posting a "witty" comment about his own point of view, or rather, to "show off". Talk about insecurity...

Level 40
Lol notrly, I'm just really stoked about Halloween, its my favorite holiday. The candy, the partying, the booze, the girls, the scaring of little kids, the fistfights, and the vandalism of our shitty mayor's house. ZOMG? IS THERE PAPER TOWEL ON YOUR TREES MAYOR MILLER? :grin::grin: :thumbs_up:
I was trying to think of something intelligent to say, but all I could come up with was a combination of "idiot" and "facepalm.jpg".

Level 18
I decided to watch Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with the lights of alone.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was funny, which is a bit... weird for a horror movie :eekani:

Level 8
I went to my friends wicked party, and at about 9:00pm some 12 or 13 year olds got mugged by some retards from Western Tech(Our school's rival) so we got into a bit of a fight. Sadly we only retrieved 2/4 of the bags of candy. But the party was still wicked, I just got an hour ago.

Level 8
I bloody hate halloween. Every last bit of it. It involves more begging than children in need, without the celebs, enough sweets to give a dentist a heart attack and so many satanic images that it offends people. It is an ancient druidic tradition where the dead are meant to be in touch with the world and the druids had to disguise the fact they were mortal and offer goods to the spirits. Now it is a beg fest where little children dress up as ghouls and demons to steal food from people.

There, I said it.

Level 12
I'm planning to spend the day writing a history essay, teaching my friend(s) how to solve recursive problems for a CS midterm on Monday, and perhaps slack a bit.

Not everyone has an infinite amount of free time to waste, you know. Besides, I'd rather spend my free time doing something productive like programming or researching some interesting scientific/mathematical topic.

Going out to a party for an hour? Two at most? That sure is an infinite amount of time. Oh wait, I guess you're just living the high life by avoiding all contact with any form of fresh air from the outside. I also like how you say, "friend(s)". :xxd:

How sad is your life if you enjoy halloween only because of the candy?:ugly::ugly::ugly:

If you were able to read the post you quoted me from, then you'd also realize that candy was the last thing I mentioned, so GTFO.

Level 40
Going out to a party for an hour? Two at most? That sure is an infinite amount of time. Oh wait, I guess you're just living the high life by avoiding all contact with any form of fresh air from the outside. I also like how you say, "friend(s)". :xxd:
When they all go home for the day it's kind of hard, you know. Although we ate pizza and watched a movie later, so it was good.

Anyhow, if you're one of those omg nerd types, keep going on your path and insulting every "recluse" (who isn't) if you wish; you may find that in the long term those recluses who spent a decent amount of time learning will be ahead (le gasp!). I don't advocate barring all contact from humanity (or even a significant amount of time), but I don't advocate wasting your time partying/etc either. Whatever you enjoy though.

Level 12
I enjoy socializing. I also enjoy learning as well, but the amount of time you seem to put forth into learning and the neglect you show for socializing seems a bit extreme. I on the other hand, find a comfortable middle ground for both.

Level 40
I enjoy socializing. I also enjoy learning as well, but the amount of time you seem to put forth into learning and the neglect you show for socializing seems a bit extreme. I on the other hand, find a comfortable middle ground for both.
Neglect for socializing? I actually spent most of my day doing that although in retrospect I should've worked on my history essay.

Not everyone is into partying, you know.

Level 5
H - Horrible. - Scary Day.

A - Astonishing - Nice day.

L - Looting - Loot some candy.

L - Likely - Likely to scare.

O - Odd - Odd Costumes.

W - Weenie - Roast My Weenie.

E - Every - Everyone is in Costumes.

E - ET's. - We are Aliens Tonight.

N - Nock. - Trick Or Treat!

Level 28
Yes, those people are called misanthropes. They're pale, quite snotty, and dislike anything that may be considered fun to a normal person.

I'm not into partying either but only one of those adjectives can describe me and that's "pale". The reason to that is that I think it's dead boring to lay on a beach day after day just because the sun is shining.

I have a band wich I play with twice a week and every now and then we meet elsewhere with other friends. We always have a good time even if I don't do the girls in the band every other weekend.

Level 40
Yes, those people are called misanthropes. They're pale, quite snotty, and dislike anything that may be considered fun to a normal person.
I wasn't aware; good to know you know more about my life than I do.

Although you did get one accusation right; I'm by no means normal, and I'm proud of it. However, given the state of the average North American, I consider being "normal" to be a horrible insult.

Agreed, Poot has no life clearly. :grin:
If by life you mean running around at stupid parties where everyone gets drunk and the girls aren't wearing enough clothes, then no, clearly I do not. However, I don't consider that a bad thing.

I find it interesting how much of humanity is able to decide that the way they live is the only way to live, and everyone else is retarded for not wanting to be exactly like them. From an evolutionary perspective it kind of makes sense, I guess, but this is the 21st century, and you'd think people would have started using their brains by now.

Level 16
If by life you mean running around at stupid parties where everyone gets drunk and the girls aren't wearing enough clothes, then no, clearly I do not. However, I don't consider that a bad thing.

I find it interesting how much of humanity is able to decide that the way they live is the only way to live, and everyone else is retarded for not wanting to be exactly like them. From an evolutionary perspective it kind of makes sense, I guess, but this is the 21st century, and you'd think people would have started using their brains by now.

I find it interesting how almost everybody that does not go to partys seems to think that a party is all about sluts and getting drunk..
Because it isnt always, that is again some American Stereotype..

It is about having fun with friends and having a good time. And i know a party isnt the only way to do that, but partys can also be really fun..

Level 40
I find it interesting how almost everybody that does not go to partys seems to think that a party is all about sluts and getting drunk..
Because it isnt always, that is again some American Stereotype..

It is about having fun with friends and having a good time. And i know a party isnt the only way to do that, but partys can also be really fun..
It depends what you call a party. I do enjoy some definitions of the word, but not those generally used in this thread. I was going by Destroyer's definition, which as he described is more or less about sluts and getting drunk.

Also, up in Canada, parties are generally not so heavy on the sluts (although apparently different in Destroyer's area?) but still heavy on the drinking, as described by the people who are into partying and the remarks of an Afghan I knew who was commenting on how different it was from what a party was back in Afghanistan.

Level 16
I am happy that you start about definition, which is obviously different for every human being.
I would say a party is anything that involves friends, having fun and perhaps some music.. (Other ingredients allowed, lol)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Wouldn't the most basic definition of a party at least involve a certain celebration? Of course, most commonly is the end of week celebration (Friday Night). Another essential ingredient of a party is a group of people, there is no party if there is only one participant.

How people choose to celebrate is of course up to each and everyone - although I would assume the majority would include booze in their celebrations. One natural side-effect of including alcohol is sex. Therefore, the general idea of a party evolves around sex and drinking. Obviously, this is not the only way to party - it is just the most common in the West, and it has been so for centuries.

I am happy that you start about definition, which is obviously different for every human being.
I would say a party is anything that involves friends, having fun and perhaps some music.. (Other ingredients allowed, lol)

By that, I would conclude going to school is equivalent with going to a party - given you're not alone in class. At least that is how I remember school - being with friends, having fun and playing music.

Level 8
I love how mature and sophisticated Poot is. He clearly needs to stop acting like some high society fucker and have a good time.

Level 16
If you would have seriously read what he said, you would know that he had a good time with his friends in his own way.
And i happen to know someone in this forum, actually in this thread, and more specifically the owner of the post above me, that is obviously not mature and will probably not become mature any time soon..

By that, I would conclude going to school is equivalent with going to a party - given you're not alone in class. At least that is how I remember school - being with friends, having fun and playing music.
Ok, my description kinda fails in that way yeah.. And the partys I go to always have booze, the thing is that me and my friends (most of them) know their limits and when to stop, which is a major difference with people not knowing their limits and getting drunk beyond recognision..

Level 12

Exactly. That's all I've been saying, I'm not so socially and mentally demented like Destroyer where I believe everything is about sex and drinking. That's just a very feeble-minded way to live your life. All I'm saying is go out and live a little, be more sociable, hang out with your friends more often, hell, even people you don't know and become friends with them. Simple and easy, and yeah, the music is a key factor. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.