• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are YOU a game addict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It occurred to me that I did not specify where I got the questions in this thread. I read them in loaded 212, who got them from Steve Pope Associates - used by psychotherapists to determine if you might be addicted to computer games.

Answer the questions below with yes or no. If you are unsure, favour yes.

1 - Are the majority of your friends those with whom you play games?
2 - Do you try to find ways of playing your online game when you are not at home?
3 - Are you unable to predict the amount of time you'll spend gaming?
4 - Do you feel preoccupied with gaming (do you think about previous gaming activity or anticipate your next session)?
5 - Do you spend much of your free time surfing game-related websites?
6 - Do you spend a significant amount of time outside the game in activities relating to the game?
7 - Do you experience stronger emotions while in your online game than you do in real life?
8 - Do you find yourself flirting with those of the opposite sex in the game in an attempt to build a relationship?
9 - Do you feel your heart racing as you control your character when fleeing from danger?
10 - Do you attempt to get friends/family/partner to play, so you can play more?
11 - Do you envy people who can play without getting into 'trouble'?
12 - Do you occupy uninterested friends, family, or your partner with conversations about the game you are playing - despite knowing that they do not want to talk about it?
13 - Do you feel closer to your character than to yourself?
14 - Have you withdrawn from real life hobbies?
15 - Do you eat at the computer while gaming or do you skip meals to game?
16 - Have your sleep patterns changed or do you lose sleep due to late-night raids/gaming?
17 - Have you experienced physical effects from excessive gaming (eg carpal tunnel, eye strain, weight change, back ache, sore neck, arms, wrists)?
18 - Do you feel guilt, shame, anxiety or depression when playing?
19 - Do you spend real money on the purchase of in-game items?
20 - Do you ever refer to yourself by the name of your in-game character, or cling to your character's name for your e-mails, instant messenger, etc?

More than five yes makes you a game addict. Deal with it.

I'd be delighted if you guys post your results/answers.

No, the majority of my friends are metalheads, followed by artists. Though, half of both groups also play games that I occasionally play, but we hardly ever play together. I don't really play a whole lot in the first place.
2 - Do you try to find ways of playing your online game when you are not at home?
No, I do not.
More or less. I can limit myself easily, but when I do play, it is often for the purpose of just wasting time, and as such, I'll waste as much as I can muster.. and I don't know how much time I can devote beforehand.
4 - Do you feel preoccupied with gaming (do you think about previous gaming activity or anticipate your next session)?
No, unless we talk about games, naturally.
Yes and no, seeing as THW is a game-related website, I suppose the answer is 'yes', but baring in mind I am here strictly for the art part of it, I would not count this a gaming related website. I don't really spend a whole lot of time surfing websites in the first place.
6 - Do you spend a significant amount of time outside the game in activities relating to the game?
Again, yes and no, depending on how you look at modding. I suppose making a skin puts this one as 'yes'.
7 - Do you experience stronger emotions while in your online game than you do in real life?
No, I don't really have any emotional connection to any game, online or offline.
8 - Do you find yourself flirting with those of the opposite sex in the game in an attempt to build a relationship?
If we are talking about gamers of the opposite sex, I do flirt, but not to build a relationship. If we're talking about NPC, then I do neither.
9 - Do you feel your heart racing as you control your character when fleeing from danger?
No, unless I've had a little too much energy drink, but then the whole fleeing part of it is irrelevant.
10 - Do you attempt to get friends/family/partner to play, so you can play more?
No, or, well, I did try to convince TRD to play Tibia with me on numerous occasions in the past.
If by 'trouble' it is meant people who are unrestricted, then I pity them rather than envy them. People who are incapable of limiting themselves should have others limit them. Yes, as a parent, I would definitely limit my children.
12 - Do you occupy uninterested friends, family, or your partner with conversations about the game you are playing - despite knowing that they do not want to talk about it?
No, but I occasionally find myself in the receiving end.
I don't really have a character, and if I did, that character would be myself either way, so I'm pretty sure this one says 'no'.
I have withdrawn from piano playing, football and karate, but not because of gaming.
I eat by the computer because I have a computer at every table in this apartment, and if I am playing, sure, why not. I do not skip meals to game, I skip games to meal.
16 - Have your sleep patterns changed or do you lose sleep due to late-night raids/gaming?
Not due to gaming. Due to the creativity striking when you're just about to go to sleep? Yes.
17 - Have you experienced physical effects from excessive gaming (eg carpal tunnel, eye strain, weight change, back ache, sore neck, arms, wrists)?
None.
18 - Do you spend real money on the purchase of in-game items?
No, I do not. But I used to have a paid account for Tibia.. for out-of-game and in-game benefits like not having to wait to log in.
19 - Do you feel guilt, shame, anxiety or depression when playing?
As in the feelings of the character I'm playing? No. As in my own feelings? Yes, if I'm anxious about something, playing games won't change that, but then again, if I were anxious about something, I'd probably try to solve that rather than play a game in the first place.
20 - Do you ever refer to yourself by the name of your in-game character, or cling to your character's name for your e-mails, instant messenger, etc?
Not that I'm aware of? My e-mail is my real name, and I use my real name or a unique nick for any instant messenger I use - though I currently don't use anything of the sort but the THW Chat/Tinychat.

+1 for making this thread. Hence I count (up to) 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
1 - No.
2 - No.
3 - I am able to predict.
4 - Yes.
5 - Yes.
6 - No.
7 - Hell no.
8 - No.
9 - No.
10 - No.
11 - No.
12 - Never.
13 - No.
14 - Yes.
15 - No.
16 - No. I am a late night person no matter what.
17 - Yes.
18 - Yes, sometimes.
19 - Only if the company deserves my money.
20 - No.

I got 5 YES.

Last edited:
Level 12
All yes, except:

9. fuck no.
11. I never get into trouble from playing (unless its something sick that i should not talk about)

What are kinda yes and no (depends):
EDIT: these counts as a close yes. as in, yes.

13. A few single, rare, etc ones exist.
14. Never had one, so i cant really say either. (guess this counts as yes?)
16. My sleeping schedule is extremely jumpy, i kinda dont have one.
17. Very minimal to be honest. Slight headache from bright screens and my neck being stuck every now and then, etc
19. Extremely rarely, if i cant get the said item/thing/etc otherwise.
20. Not too much IRL, but, yes.

EDIT: ^ nummer 19

Last edited:
Level 22
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Yes (Only hive)
6. No
7. Unsure (Yes)
8. No, because there are none of the opposite sex online.
9. Yes
10. No
11. Only when the limits on me are ridiculous.
12. No
13. No
14. What hobbies?
15. No
16. No
17. Nope, and proud of it.
18. No
19. WHERE IS 19?????? Well, not I, but I made my bro and mom spend some money on that weird Tibia game.
20. No, it's the other way around.

I guess I have 5 points then if you count 14 and 19 as a yes. So I'm no game addict (which I already knew).

Last edited:
Level 11
3, 4, 9 (if atmosphere is good), 11, 14, 17 (just the neck thing) are yes. But I already knew this.
7 is here and there. I can feel excitement and adrenaline in fast paced games, or fear in horror, but I think you are referring to a social aspect. I can only get pissed if people use hacks, but that is something out of the game. So I guess no.

Last edited:
  1. Are the majority of your friends those with whom you play games?
    • Yes. However, I don't really have "friends".
  2. Do you try to find ways of playing your online game when you are not at home?
    • Yes.
  3. Are you unable to predict the amount of time you'll spend gaming?
    • Yes.
  4. Do you feel preoccupied with gaming (do you think about previous gaming activity or anticipate your next session)?
    • Yes.
  5. Do you spend much of your free time surfing game-related websites?
    • Yes.
  6. Do you spend a significant amount of time outside the game in activities relating to the game?
    • Yes.
  7. Do you experience stronger emotions while in your online game than you do in real life?
    • No.
  8. Do you find yourself flirting with those of the opposite sex in the game in an attempt to build a relationship?
    • No.
  9. Do you feel your heart racing as you control your character when fleeing from danger?
    • No. I cannot feel "fear".
  10. Do you attempt to get friends/family/partner to play, so you can play more?
    • Yes.
  11. Do you envy people who can play without getting into 'trouble'?
    • No.
  12. Do you occupy uninterested friends, family, or your partner with conversations about the game you are playing - despite knowing that they do not want to talk about it?
    • No.
  13. Do you feel closer to your character than to yourself?
    • No.
  14. Have you withdrawn from real life hobbies?
    • Yes
  15. Do you eat at the computer while gaming or do you skip meals to game?
    • Yes, I eat at the computer.
  16. Have your sleep patterns changed or do you lose sleep due to late-night raids/gaming?
    • Yes.
  17. Have you experienced physical effects from excessive gaming (eg carpal tunnel, eye strain, weight change, back ache, sore neck, arms, wrists)?
    • No.
  18. Do you feel guilt, shame, anxiety or depression when playing?
    • No.
  19. Do you spend real money on the purchase of in-game items?
    • No.
  20. Do you ever refer to yourself by the name of your in-game character, or cling to your character's name for your e-mails, instant messenger, etc?
    • Yes.

11/19 ~= 57%

Last edited:
Level 22
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

6. No
7. No
8. No
9. No

10. Yes
11. No
12. No
13. No
14. No
15. No
16. No

17. Yes
18. No
19. No

20. Yes - but I only use a short version to keep my full one in secret

35% Addict, that's not right I'd be above 50%. 19 is added in his Answers you nubs

Level 8
1 - No. Majority of my friends play with amongst themselves, i don't play with them
2 - No
3 - Yes
4 - Yes
5 - No
6 - No
7 - Yes
while in game: "wtf this boss is too cruel!" "ARRRGG!!" "die! die! DIEEEE!!!!"
while in real life: "hey you're too quiet"
8 - No
9 - Yes. Hahaha XD
10 - No. I prefer doing single player
11 - Yes
12 - No
13 - Yes
14 - No
15 - Yes. The reason my previous laptop has ants in it
16 - Yes. Forgot the time when I actually slept more than 3 hours
17 - Yes
18 - No
19 - No. but i wanted to XD
20 - Yes. i used to be fukmon, Blizz, abyzz, kyo, 3ui63j .. 'till i became ronojales :p

Last edited:
Level 15
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
NO
Hell no
No lol
Nop

No
yes
no
yes
yes
no
yes

Level 49
Yeah, kind of. :(
No. Just, no.
Kinda.
No, not really.
I spend most of my time browsing Hive, soooo... :D
No. xD
...No.
No. ._.
...Sometimes. Depends on the game. P:
Uhh, not... Really. I mean, yeah, sure, I recommend games to friends and such, but not to enable me to play more.
Uh, no? I can play without getting into 'trouble'. What the hell are you even talking about here? :p
No.
No. xD
I never had real life hobbies, so no.
I eat at the computer, yeah.
No.
Yes. :(
Back ache and eye strain.
Uhh, no...? D:
Yes! XD
I totally prefer "Deolrin" over my IRL name.

Level 37
Yes.

No, but I do like to view forums when I'm not at home.

No.

Yes.

Depends, I have half of my sites are game sides half not. But I spend significant time surfing. Yes, I guess.

No.

No. What the hell?

No.

Yes(especially when drunk and with friends).

Yes.

No.

No.

No. How's that even possible?

No.

No, I always watch something when I eat.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Hmm. I spend most of my time front of a computer. I only play singleplayer games when I'm alone. When I'm with friends I play multiplayer games.

7/20!

Level 14
1 - Are the majority of your friends those with whom you play games? no I never find friends by playing.
2 - Do you try to find ways of playing your online game when you are not at home?no I does not searh I know i will not be able to.
3 - Are you unable to predict the amount of time you'll spend gaming? I am able to predict that i will play all the day so it is not a good question.
4 - Do you feel preoccupied with gaming (do you think about previous gaming activity or anticipate your next session)?no I am not feeling peoccupated by gaming because I play only to stupids mods and does not think to the next one.
5 - Do you spend much of your free time surfing game-related websites?Yes because I am too stupid for making all the modes I play. 6 - Do you spend a significant amount of time outside the game in activities relating to the game? I spend more time in acrivities relating with game that in game so yes
7 - Do you experience stronger emotions while in your online game than you do in real life?No It is not serious it is stupids journalists who think that we live games or mental ill who think that.
8 - Do you find yourself flirting with those of the opposite sex in the game in an attempt to build a relationship?No it is games it is nothing serious it is like saying does you try to make a relationship with those of the opposite sex in chess.
9 - Do you feel your heart racing as you control your character when fleeing from danger?No it make the controll harder so i does not make that
10 - Do you attempt to get friends/family/partner to play, so you can play more?I tryed some time but with one paper game not a video game.
11 - Do you envy people who can play without getting into 'trouble'?No I am not getting in trouble when playing so i does not envy them
12 - Do you occupy uninterested friends, family, or your partner with conversations about the game you are playing - despite knowing that they do not want to talk about it?No they are never uninterested.
13 - Do you feel closer to your character than to yourself?No it is possible only for stupid people who read sherlock holmes or journalists
14 - Have you withdrawn from real life hobbies?What is a withdrawn
15 - Do you eat at the computer while gaming or do you skip meals to game?no
16 - Have your sleep patterns changed or do you lose sleep due to late-night raids/gaming?I hate mmorpg and raids it is purely loose of time playing mmorpg is not creative and eat time it is stupid I does not sleep at night but not because of games.
17 - Have you experienced physical effects from excessive gaming (eg carpal tunnel, eye strain, weight change, back ache, sore neck, arms, wrists)?Yes when one stupid guy said me to play to click wars I lost my arm because of intense physical activity of clicking fast.
18 - Do you feel guilt, shame, anxiety or depression when playing?No I feel them when one human die
19 I never pay for ingame items it is stupid and after we have less gold and after others players say it is cheat.
20 - Do you ever refer to yourself by the name of your in-game character, or cling to your character's name for your e-mails, instant messenger, etc?No.And instant messagery is horrible i have a mail account but i check it every year only and my game characters are variable but at starcraft 1(there is stupid people who prefers starcraft 2)I made an account with my name

Last edited:
Yes, majority of the boys in my class are gamers, and one or two female gamers.

No, I hate playing in internet cafes.

No, I can.

No, I do with other activities besides gaming.

Yes (Hive and the Minecraft Forums), I'll also consider Youtube.

No.

Uhm no.

No, I just shows signs of respect to her while talking.

Depends on what game (I do more in horror games), so that means yes.

No, my brother did (he was able to convince dad to play).

No, no reason for that.

No. I do only on interested friends.

Definitely no.

No.

I eat at my computer while doing activities besides gaming.

No. Yes but not because of gaming.

No.

No, but I did once or twice in the past;

No.

No.

3/20 I think

Level 25
1. Yes
- I'm currently at a university for game development, so yeah... Most people here are in to games.
2. No
- I can take a break from gaming, no problem.
3. Yes
- Start playing around 18:00... What feels like an hour later... 02:00 in the morning.
4. Yes
- Almost 24/7. If it isn't games crushing through my mind, it's art...
5. Yes and No
- Some days, yes. But there can go months without even checking IGN, Gamespot and etc.
6. Yes
- Well... Yes.
7. Yes
- Playing games is like reading a book to me and if it's well written, I'll get emotionally upset; deal with it! ^^
8. Yes
- In games such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect and etc., yes. Why not really? It's a part of the game and a fun thing to explore.
9. Yes
- Totally depends on the game. Of course my heart is racing like a hamster on the run when I'm playing Fatal Frame and etc!
10. No
- I recommend games to friends that already are "gamers"... Does that count?
11. No
- I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but no, I don't envy people who "can control their gaming".
12. Yes
- But trust me... I try not to, I know how irritating it is when people keeps "bla-bla-ing" about stuff that doesn't matters shit to you.
13. Yes and No
- Some characters are really deeply rooted in me, others are not. And to be honest, I don't know myself for shit...
14. Yes
- Sadly, yes... My art knowledge would probably be a lot better if I wasn't gaming as much as I am.
15. Yes
- I merely ever skip meals, but I do eat in front of the computer.
16. Yes
- It's a curse! Don't blame me!
17. Yes
- Some stuff... Yes, such as eye straining and etc.
18. No
- Why would I? I've other things to be depressed about; gaming is one of the things saving me from suicidal thoughts and etc.
19. No
- You shouldn't have to pay more for a game that you already have payed for... Damn you Bethesda, you and your horse armor!
20. Yes
Arowanna is an old character of mine; she still lives and breathes... But what the fuck..? She? Why do I refer to myself as a "she"..? Holy sh-... There's something wrong with me! Pff... Not really...

15/20
Ye, ye, whatever. I’m a “confirmed” no-lifer and proud to be one! ^^

Level 30
1 - Yes
2 - No
3 - No, 1 epic game is good to finish for 1 day :D
4 - No
5 - No
6 - No
7 - No, sounds pr0ny to me :)
8 - No, that sounds shit
9 - Never!, that is so gay
10 - Yes
11 - No
12 - No
13 - No
14 - No
15 - Yes, I Skip to play Games :D
16 - Yes, I lose sleep due to late gaming
17 - Yes, low eye sight D:
18 - No
19 - Yes, before :)
20 - Yes

*saw the Game Addict results*

6a00d83451ba1e69e2015391e39b8e970b-500wi

Level 25
Yes, Dota, and goofing off on the wii (micheal jackson the experience is an example)
No, what's a online? I just recently used B.net for the first time in my life with shiik
No, I am able mostly (I have 30 minutes, I guess I can beat a chapter in magika to pass time)
Yes, when you playing a good RPG such as FF9, Fuck life!
No, Hive is the only game related website I ever visited, and I mostly here for the chat community
No (hive does not count)
No, what's an online again?
No, I never flirted a 48 old dude called Nigel
No (I don't play horror games and friends :3 )
Yes, Recently! DK Country returns XD
huh? I'll guess I'll go with no because I don't get what the fuck that trouble is supposed to be
No
No ( I usually call my character Fucker/Joe ma man!/etc..)
No (I play sports ... bitches!)
I eat while at the computer, yes? I skip game to meal if it's a important meal of the day.
It changed due to me using the net after 23:00 since it's the only free time I have during summer... so that' a 50% no?
No
No, it's not like I am playing the other kind of Japanese games
No, I don't even spend money on the actual game (2$ does not count)
20 - Do you ever refer to yourself by the name of your in-game character, or cling to your character's name for your e-mails, instant messenger,
Joe-black-5 much? :> yus (but now things changed, I go with random shit names like "Jean Jack Rousseau" )

._. I thought I was a gamer, but I noticed recently that I am stuck in old school gaming (95-early 2004 I guess) and that the new generation does not fit my taste, that or I am getting too old for gaming while living in denial.

Level 23
This questionnaire seems weighted towards being an MMO addict rather than game addict in general.

As such, I scored a frightfully low five:

3, 4, 5, 9, 18 -- but the emotional ones are based on being immersed in a good singleplayer narrative. And I spend more time on modding websites than gaming sites; do they count? And does modding count as a real life hobby?

So I'm only just an addict. Woo?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'd call whoever responsible for the test and ask exactly what is meant by "getting in 'trouble'", but I think we can just assume that they ask whether or not you're jealous of people who are not limited by anything, and as such can devote all their time to gaming, without getting any sort of trouble for it: no economical problems because parents cover all expenses anyway, no social problems because they have no social consciousness (or however you would describe a person who is genuinely uninterested in interacting or building relationships with other people), no physical problems (err, I don't think this is possible on the long run anyway), no parents limiting them (includes visiting grandma for her 80th birthday) and no third-party limitation problems like electricity not being available 24/7, internet connection being too slow or otherwise inhibiting the game experience. Anything, really, that would prevent said person from gaming exactly as much as he'd like to, can be considered trouble.

I realize it's targeted at online (or even MMORPG) gaming, and that's somewhat of a problem, but I think you can omit the online part in at least a few questions.

2 - Do you try find ways to play games, at all, outside of your home? I'd say portable consoles do count as yes, if you use them outside of your home, which is exactly the purpose.

7 - Do you experience stronger emotions while playing a game than in real life? As in, do you feel more guilty for doing bad things in a game than you would for doing an equivalent thing (in the same setting) in real life? Obviously, killing people is somewhat of an extreme, and tends to be quite fucking common in games for reasons unknown, but look at other things you can do.. like lying, or stealing. A lot of games allow you to pick-pocket strangers on the road. Do you feel any guilt what-so-ever? If you were to steal something on the open street without being noticed, would you feel more, or less, guilt than if you did the same in a game? Furthermore, let's play on the happy emotions; can you enjoy winning a video game more than you would enjoy winning a card game? If you score a high rating in a game, does it matter more to you than scoring a B or an A on a school test? Are you more attracted to in-game characters of opposite gender than real life people of the opposite gender? Do you hate the villain in a game more than a bully in your class? Etc.

8 - Do you find yourself flirting with those of the opposite sex in the game in an attempt to build a relationship? Let's just assume it is meant in-game characters here. I mean, take The Sims, for cryin' out loud, do you intentionally build relationships if you play The Sims or similar games that allows you, as the player, to directly influence how a character acts, and how he is received? If you've ever done this, consider this another 'yes' on your list.

13 - Do you feel closer to your character than yourself? First of all, any player perspective in any game can be viewed as a character. If you play an RTS you are the commander, and if you feel at home thinking strategies (also outside of the game) and performing them, and like to view yourself as that commander rather than your insignificant real life (hate to break it to you, but in comparison to a commander, you probably don't play much of a role in a stranger's life), then you may as well say you feel closer to yourself as a commander (or a supreme being, if you will). The most far-fetched is any linear storyline where all the characters exist regardless of your choices, or lack thereof (read: Final Fantasy), as there's no actual character that you control, you're just following the ride of a protagonist. Then again, if you feel you should be the character rather than yourself, you are already feeling closer to the character, and as such, the answer is 'yes' to this question. I think that provides sufficient basis to find out whether you feel closer to the virtual character you are playing than the real one.

There, I think I cleared up most of the questions now, and cancelled out the most obvious links to MMORPG addiction.

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest that when evaluating whether or not a site (and your presence there) or activity is game-related, let's ask two questions: why did you start going there, and why do you keep going there? If your answer is game-related, the site or activity is game-related.

Obviously, I've now twisted this to my preference, to suit me, but I posted this survey, and it is my right to make myself look better than everyone else!

Taking these new clarifications into mind, here's my reviewed answers..
No.
No.
No.
No.
I came to wc3sear.ch because I wanted to achieve fame and glory upload my art - I was actually looking to download some of the WarCraft loading screen material to use as a desktop background, and Googling something along the lines of 'warcraft 3 art' somehow directed me here. I used the "Art Resource" part of the site more than the "Skin Resource" (was inspired by Afroknight_76, Pins and erwtenpeller to start making skins) or "Icon Resource" (a necessary evil to go with the skins) parts. Kimberly (Werewulf) and I pretty much kept that section active, with Sansui, Afroknight, Pins and a few others (including some art thief Kimberly caught) contributing occasionally. I returned to THW in 2008 because TRD invited me to see what had become of the old place. I stick around because of the community and fellow artists, this is the only way for me to communicate with these people; I use no other instant messaging service (except the THW Tinychat channels) nor forum. Moderating is my way of saying thanks to the community, and administration, for all the experience with art, and texturing, it has given me. It also allows me to pass that achieved knowledge on to others more easily than I could as a regular user.
No. I started texturing because it's art related (see 5).
No.
No.
No.
No.
I pity them rather than envy them. People who are incapable of limiting themselves should have others limit them. Yes, as a parent, I would definitely limit my children.
No, but I occasionally find myself in the receiving end.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

That makes me count 0/20.

Level 5
1. No
2. Noooooooo
3. No
4. Yes, I review the mistakes I made last time.
5. Nope, only the Hive.
6. No
7. Nope
8. No, Ted does that, Barney doesn't.
9. No.
10. Nope, they are no-life in LoL and I still play Warcraft 3 and WoW.
11. No.
12. No WAY!
13. That's crazy man!
14. Nope, I have my guitar! :ogre_datass:
15. Sometimes I do, when I made an appointment with someone to get online I'll eat pizza at my keyboard.
16. Nope, I'll raid till 23:00 or I'll work till 22:45 and be at home at 23:00
17. No.
18. N.o.p.e
19. Nope, I'm Dutch, we're cheap.
20. Nah, not my thing.

I've got 1 [Sometimes], 9 [No/Nooooo]'s 7 [Nope]'s and 3 other expressions of No. Damn, I ain't no gaming addict... maybe I should try crack or something to get an addiction... :goblin_good_job:

Level 22
shiiK ._.

It seems I must correct your answers. Note to those who can't read: THESE ARE NOT MY ANSWERS.

I came to wc3sear.ch because I wanted to upload my Warcraft III art (wc3 skins, etc) as well as my poor spells.
Fixed. That adds a yes (1 so far).

Yes, I make many skins and icons for wc3 and I've also made some spells for wc3. I have also contributed in many mods for wc3, including GTW.
Fixed. That adds another yes (2 so far).

Umm, yes. Dragon Age *looks around whistling*
Fixed. That adds another yes (3 so far).

Uh, hello!? It's Tibia, I MUST TALK ABOUT IT.
Fixed. That adds another yes (4 so far).

Sometimes. I remember eating at the computer once while playing LoL with my awesome bro TRD.
Fixed. That adds another yes (5 so far).

What sleep?
Fixed. Doesn't add a yes, just wanted to correct.

MMMHMMM! What? My character needs a place to sleep too, and for that I need a premium account.
Fixed. That adds another yes (6 so far. DING DING DING).

FlamR, FlamR, wherefore art thou FlamR?
Fixed. That adds another yes (7 so far. :O).

My work here is done.

Level 12
Guess i am the worst here so far with 18/20.

Also, If you people wouldnt mind, you could add a xx/20 in the end of your post, like most have so far.

• 1 - Are the majority of your friends those with whom you play games?
    No (1/0) - I'm worse, I don't have many friends at all.

• 2 - Do you try to find ways of playing your online game when you are not at home?
    No (2/0) - I don't care to.

• 3 - Are you unable to predict the amount of time you'll spend gaming?
    Yes (2/1) - But Its just because i'm unscheduled.

• 4 - Do you feel preoccupied with gaming (do you think about previous gaming activity or anticipate your next session)?
    Yes (2/2) - What else would I think about? (no, really, I do, but not that much.)

• 5 - Do you spend much of your free time surfing game-related websites?
    Yes (2/3) - Trick question?

• 6 - Do you spend a significant amount of time outside the game in activities relating to the game?
    Yes (2/4) - Again...

• 7 - Do you experience stronger emotions while in your online game than you do in real life?
    No (3/4) - Hell no.

• 8 - Do you find yourself flirting with those of the opposite sex in the game in an attempt to build a relationship?
    No (4/4) - Its not why you think either.

• 9 - Do you feel your heart racing as you control your character when fleeing from danger?
    No (5/4) - Nope.

• 10 - Do you attempt to get friends/family/partner to play, so you can play more?
    No (6/4) - Not so i can play more, no. So it can be more enjoyable? Yes.

• 11 - Do you envy people who can play without getting into 'trouble'?
    No (7/4) - I don't really get it...

• 12 - Do you occupy uninterested friends, family, or your partner with conversations about the game you are playing - despite knowing that they do not want to talk about it?
    No (8/4) - Not really no.

• 13 - Do you feel closer to your character than to yourself?
    No (9/4) - Not game characters, written ones maybe.

• 14 - Have you withdrawn from real life hobbies?
    No (10/4) - No.

• 15 - Do you eat at the computer while gaming or do you skip meals to game?
    No (11/4) - I sometimes snack, but I never skip or eat meals at my computer.

• 16 - Have your sleep patterns changed or do you lose sleep due to late-night raids/gaming?
    No (12/4) - Not really. But they aren't really patterns to begin with either. I wake up at 6:30 AM regardless.

• 17 - Have you experienced physical effects from excessive gaming (eg carpal tunnel, eye strain, weight change, back ache, sore neck, arms, wrists)?
    Yes (12/5) - Eye strain, weight change, sore neck, wrists, back ache

• 18 - Do you feel guilt, shame, anxiety or depression when playing?
    No (13/5) - Nope.

• 19 - Do you spend real money on the purchase of in-game items?
    No (14/5) - I HAVE, but its extremely rare. Extremely rare.

• 20 - Do you ever refer to yourself by the name of your in-game character, or cling to your character's name for your e-mails, instant messenger, etc?
    Yes (14/6) - But not with irl friends.

I am an addict.

Level 51
No.
No.
I am able.
Sometimes. (Yes)
No.
No.
No.
No.
In some games, ofc. yes.
No.
No.
Yes.
No.
No.
Rarerly, so no.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

2 Yes.

I would have bet that I would have been getting more :ogre_hurrhurr:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Fixed. That adds a yes (1 so far).
Didn't have any sexy spells prior to signing up, didn't do any skins prior to signing up. I signed up to upload art. There was an 'Art Resource' database on wc3sear.ch, and the art style of WC3 was right down my alley at the time. I learned texturing from Afroknight_76, Wormskull, Sansui and Pins. The spells I did were after you signed up, and after the merger.

Fixed. That adds another yes (2 so far).
The question clearly says spend and not have spent. Skins are art and I do them for the fame and glory artistic side of it and not for the game-related side of it.

Fixed. That adds another yes (3 so far).
I can't recall who I flirted with in Dragon Age, was it Morrigan? I hope so, but sure, you got me.

Fixed. That adds another yes (4 so far).
I quit Tibia, *checks calendar*, fourteen days three months ago (when my premium account ended).

Fixed. That adds another yes (5 so far).
Since when was League of Legends considered a game?! Fine, I occasionally eat and game at the same time. Efficiency.

Fixed. Doesn't add a yes, just wanted to correct.
It's not correction, it is adding somewhat irrelevant information, and I already said this in the first post. Sleep is overrated.

Fixed. That adds another yes (6 so far. DING DING DING).
I'm inclined to say a premium account is a subscription, and as such doesn't qualify as purchase of in-game items for real money. It is also in the past, as I said earlier my last premium account ended three months ago. Oh, and I also said this in my first post.

Fixed. That adds another yes (7 so far. :O).
I was 10 when I coined that nickname and I never used it for actual characters, as far as I recall. Never used it to refer to myself in real life. I should totally start using that again, though.

.. hmm, felt like iterating my characters for my own pleasure. Clearly off-topic.
Bold nicknames are "actively" used.
Tibia*:
Lufano (Knight Lv16 - Antica) - Born 1998, dead 2002 First Character
Lufanz (Sorcerer Lv14 - Antica) - Born 1998, dead 2001
Grazzly (Knight Lv19 - Nova) - Born 2001, dead 2003
.. lots of random characters that are dead and I no longer remember ..
Rivil Estirion (Elite Knight Lv36 - Fortera) - Born 2004, still alive
Artesis Estirion (Paladin Lv19 - Fortera) - Born 2005, still alive
Aranaz (Elder Druid Lv36 - Fortera) - Born 2005, still alive Main Character, was Lv40, friend of mine died a few times with him
Artesis Dragonskull (Royal Paladin Lv44 - Thoria) - Born 2005, dead 2007 took a break from Fortera and played this character exclusively
Drakenskull (Druid Lv9 - Fortera) - Born 2007, still alive
Suhuris Slagon (Sorcerer Lv22 - Fortera) - Born 2007, still alive this guy has no mana, went from Rook to become a Sorcerer in Lv27 and died a few times to see what would happen if I lost more mana than I had, it just stuck at zero
Mijune (Rook Lv22 - Fortera) - Born 2007, still alive
Maar'qin (Knight Lv24 - Calmera) - Born 2008, still alive
Thorin Kiraximus (Knight Lv16 - Guardia) - Born 2009, still alive
Ikaria Kiraximus (Sorcerer Lv9 - Guardia) - Born 2009, still alive
Lucil Kiraximus (Druid Lv11 - Guardia) - Born 2009, still alive
.. several other Kiraximus characters either dead or on another account ..
Sapharia (Druid Lv9 - Calmera) - Born 2010, still alive
Quish Smythe (Knight Lv46 - Fortera) - Born 2010, still alive friend of mine levelled this one up
Theus Nerana (Rook Lv8 - Nerana) - Born 2011, still alive was going to start playing on a new world, but we ended up back on Fortera

* I quit playing Tibia this summer, logged in on October 10th to maintain living characters, and I'm sharing my account with a friend who uses some of them to his benefit.
Free Account
Your premium time expired at Aug 15 2011, 19:39:33 CEST.

World of WarCraft:
Uh, Deo, TRD, help me out here.. I can't remember.
Pernicious? - Lv60~ Orc Rogue, anyway.
.. had several other, low level (10-30) characters ..

Account Names:
BNet WC3:
god.goliath - first ever BNet account inspired by my (old) wc3sear.ch account: Goliath the God, which was a play on David and Goliath from the Hebrew Bible where I subtly imply a lot
19otA.Unreal - fuck yeah, DotArd born (TRD had 19otA.Soulkeeper and a friend of mine was called 19otA.Rexxar)
aH.Drag0n - Almighty Headbangers! (aH.hexXx, aH.BLY, aH.FE4R, aH.Bubbl3 and aH.N1ght)
aH.aGonii - sneaky multi-account to boost my epeen (split personality for the FUCKING WIN!)
nDm.Unreal - we made a huge clan! (nDm.ToXiouS, nDm.Eplekake, nDm.Kanelkake, nDm.PorCeLain, nDm.rumpa, nDm.Phrosen, nDm.PotetGull, nDm.Serenity, nDm.Newbit, nDm.Prince, nDm.Soulkeeper .. and a lot more - total of 43 members at the peak)
nDm.Realist - (same) sneaky multi-account to boost my epeen (split personality for the FUCKING WIN!)
nDm.Typhus - (same) sneaky multi-account to boost my epeen (split personality for the FUCKING WIN!)
uGotNukedByLoco - new clan, new name (there were six of us, I can only remember Adalig)
uGotPwndByLoco - don't know why we renamed the clan
cG.Loco - new clan, kept the name (Adalig started this one)
shiiK - THW stuff account now-a-days, created this account before signing up on THW
aGonii - (same) sneaky multi-account to boost my epeen (split personality for the FUCKING WIN!)
deathcut - DCE vouched - (same) sneaky multi-account to boost my epeen (split personality for the FUCKING WIN!)
Emilie] - a friend of mine from college died in a terrible car accident, I was so affected by it I named my new BNet account after her (name was taken, hence the bracket) -- RIP Emilie 21.04.2009
MiSS.BliSS - new clan, yay (MiSS.KiSS, MiSS.MoSS, MiSS.LiSSi, MiSS.BiSSi, MiSS.KriSS, MiSS.FiTS, MiSS.PiSS, MiSS.EliSS, MiSS.SiSSi, MiSS.HiSS, MiSS.SSiM, MiSS.TrAX, MiSS.ReXX.. I think that was all of them)
catalyst. - made a new account while I was staying in Larvik because I couldn't remember my password (name was taken, hence the dot)
Gunshow - got really addicted to In This Moment and named my new BNet account after the opening record of their latest album
IRONARMY - DotA-League account, ALLCAPS and continued addiction to In This Moment, anmed after my favourite track off of their latest album
Make.Me.Beg - DIV-League account

BNet SC2:
shiiK - confirmed this is correct

BLC:
4byssm - this is at least what I used to log in on the website, can't log in to the game with it

League of Legends:
Shwee - yeah, that's right, pretty random, but twin vowels, five letters and starting with 'sh' for similarity

Level 7
no
no
yes though mostly I spend my time modding games.
no
yes the hiveworkshop
yes
no
no
sometimes if there is really good spooky music going on
no
no
no
no
no
15 - Do you eat at the computer while gaming or do you skip meals to
game?
no
no
no
no
no
kinda i have two email addresses, my gaming one and my non gaming one.
4.5 out of 20

Level 8
I only have four yes's, wohoo! and i thought that i was an game addict :ogre_hurrhurr:.

Deal with it :ogre_hurrhurr:.

Level 22
1 - The majority of my close friends, yeah.
2 - Never.
3 - No.
4 - Depends on the games, but yes.
5 - About 10-60 minutes a day. Is that much?
6 - Never.
7 - No (yes for some offline games though).
8 - No.
9 - Sometimes, yeah (also depends on the game).
10 - No.
11 - No. Weird question.
12 - No.
13 - No.
14 - Yes, but I'm not sure if that's because of my gaming.
15 - Yes, I often eat at my computer (or console). Never skip meals.
16 - Yes.
17 - No.
18 - No.
19 - No.
20 - I sometimes use a game character name on a site, like this one. Not sure if that counts.

So that's about a 6-7/20. Good score. :p

I thought I was a gamer, but I noticed recently that I am stuck in old school gaming (95-early 2004 I guess) and that the new generation does not fit my taste, that or I am getting too old for gaming while living in denial.

That or you're playing the wrong games. :I

Last edited:
Level 4
1 - No
2 - No

3 - Yes
4 - Yes

5 - No
6 - No
7 - No
8 - No

9 - Yes
10 - No
11 - No
12 - No
13 - No
14 - No

15 - Yes
16 - Yes
17 - Yes

18 - No
19 - No

20 - Yes

damn... 7/20..

So, Magtheridon96, can I come join the support group? Meet on Tuesdays and Fridays, in the World of Warcraft, right? o_O

Level 5
I'm a non-no-life WoW player, When I hang around with my friends I don't play WoW, I play drinking games, more fun if you ask me, probably just as healthy... but that ain't the point, I'm not a gaming addict, just like to eat at the computer, I'm more busy with music than with gaming, but anyways, I play Alliance on EU as Zelièk on the realm Stormrage, so i any of you WoW-players are out there, give me a /w or something :D

Level 14
Yes
Maybe
Yes
No
Yes
No
No
No
Yes
Yes
No?
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes

Level 21
Yes

No

No

4 - Do you feel preoccupied with gaming (do you think about previous gaming activity or
anticipate your next session)?
No

Yes

No? (how would that work? lol)

No

No

No

No (but I try to get them to play when I feel they would like the game)

What? No, I don't even know what you are implying.

Yes, because I feel they talk to me too about stuff I am not interested in, and a family is too share interests (this question is bullshit).

No

No

I eat at the PC, of course with precautions. So yes.

No

No

No

No

No

No.
Yes.
Hmm... Lol ? 3/4hours of gaming and 2hours of mapping per day.
Yes.
I forgotten the 3/4hours of geeking on WE-related forum in the question 3 ^^
What are my 2mapping hours and my 3/4 website-geeking hours ?
WTF ? I'm not a murderer, and so it don't make me any emotion to pwn noobs on war3.
No.
Why back when i can kill ?
Yes.
Why should i envy me ?
Yes.
My character and me makes only 1person, so what's this question ?
Playing is a real life hobby, and i won't withdraw it.
I eat two things at same times while gaming : food and noobs
Yes.
No.
No.
I don't need purchase any in-game item.
Yes.

RESULTS : I'm an addict.

But there are too much bad questions in this test.

Status
Not open for further replies.