• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hello, need a few people to answer a few rather simple questions about games for a school project.

What's your favorite game?
Why is this game the best one you know?

What's your favorite game type (RPG, FPS etc)?
Why is this game type the best one you know?

How much time do you spend playing games of any kind? this includes games on the phones and those (crappy) games on facebook. You can answer in hours per day or week I don't care which.

How much are you willing to pay for a game? You can include subscription fees here as well if you wish.

thanks for your time, just write your answer bellow if you got some time.
//Chaosy

Level 24
Since you said so

---------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What's your favorite game?
A. Battledawn and Warcraft

Q. Why is this game the best one you know?
A. Because I play Stragety base games

Q. What's your favorite game type (RPG, FPS etc)?
A. Stragety-based games

Q. Why is this game type the best one you know?
A. Because I like planning with armies with Offense and Defense

Q. How much time do you spend playing games of any kind? this includes games on the phones and those (crappy) games on facebook. You can answer in hours per day or week I don't care which.
A. On Free Times, Weekends or when days I get bored or sick

Q. How much are you willing to pay for a game? You can include subscription fees here as well if you wish.
A. It Depends, Free or Pay.

------------------------------------------------------------
Thats all,
Goodluck on your Project :)

gotta love dat stragety, tho i personally prefer taccital comtuper games

on-topic;
1. halo ce
2. it's not necessarily the best game ever, but its my favourite because i grew up with it.
3. rts, closely followed by fps
4. its one of the only genres where skill-focused gameplay is accepted by both players and developers, alongside casual/social gaming. for example, starcraft 2 is highlighted by blizzard for being the premier competitive pc rts. call of duty was highlighted by activision for their dog ai and stupid zombies mode.
5. at one point in time i played like 5 hours of halo reach a day, on school days. however, as of now i'm quite busy and barely play any games, like none on weekdays and 3-4 hours on weekends.
6. depends on the quality of the game

Q: What's your favorite game?
A: Final Fantasy VII

Q: Why is this game the best one you know?
A: Everything is this game fits perfectly together which merges into an experience unlike few others.
The story is complex and filled with personal drama, love, hate, comedy, sadness and much much more.
The music is still some of the best in game history and is used to perfection to add to the atmosphere.
Gameplay is simple and easily configurable yet still complex and filled with strategy.

Q: What's your favorite game type (RPG, FPS etc)?
A: RPG / ARPG

Q: Why is this game type the best one you know?
A: RPG because I love to dwell into other worlds. The evolvement of characters (to see them change throughout the story), the worlds that you learn to love or hate. To me emerged in a story. And of course to develop a character or group of characters.
ARPG because of the above but with more action for those times when I feel on the prowl.

Q: How much time do you spend playing games of any kind? this includes games on the phones and those (crappy) games on facebook. You can answer in hours per day or week I don't care which.
A: It really depends on what else I am doing in my life. Right now, not much since I am building WC3 maps. But it ranges from 2 hours to around 100 hours per week.
I never play games on the phone or browser based games.

Q: How much are you willing to pay for a game? You can include subscription fees here as well if you wish.
A: Around 90$ for a one time pay game and around 18$ per month for a subscription game.
I will note that I rarely buy games since I really want to ensure that the game I buy is one I will be playing for a long time. Those 6-10 hours of playtime games does nothing for me.

It is tough (choosing between WoW and Zelda), but I'd probably say World of Warcraft. I grew up with it. It constantly changed over time, and I've formed plenty of memories over the years. It'll always have a place in my nostalgia gland.

What's your favorite game type?

RPG/Adventure. I was never a big fan of shooters or MOBA's. They're fun, but I get the most enjoyment out of exploring and messing around in a new world.

How much time do you spend playing games of any kind?

I don't play as often during school sessions, but on average 3-5 hours per day.

How much are you willing to pay for a game?

It depends. If it is something established i.e. warcraft, or some other series that I've already invested a lot of time/money into, then I am willing to pay ~$60, and subscription prices.

As for new games, I'd set a price around $40 for AAA games. I'm not as tempted when it gets much higher than that. As for smaller games, I don't really do 'in-game purchases', so I generally favor FTP. But I'd be willing to spend about $15-$20 on a smaller game (e.g. child of light).

Level 23

I'm having trouble choosing between WarCraft 3, Diablo Series, Starcraft Series, Maple Story, Ragnarok and Dragon Nest. :S

But I'd go for Maple Story as the best game I've played and my most favorite followed close by Ragnarok.

I have played Maple Story every since it was released. I may have stopped once in a while to play other games but I would always find time to play this again. I just fell in love with the graphics, gameplay and story of it. For other players, it might not be the best, but it is for me.
giphy.gif
Also, the game had a wonderful community and you can have a decent chat with anyone there so long as you're not rude.

Either RPG or MMORPG. It depends on whether I like to play online or just play a solo game.

These are usually the best type of games since I could go solo at times and I could also go with teams at boss fights. Usually has a better community as well unlike MOBAs and FPS'. Also these are the games that I usually get immersed in because of either the plot of the game, the insane graphics, or the fine gameplay.

How much time do you spend playing games of any kind? this includes games on the phones and those (crappy) games on facebook. You can answer in hours per day or week I don't care which.

On schooldays, I usually go by 2-5 hours a day. That 5 hours is already a super extended one. But on weekends or on summer, like it is now, I usually spend sometime between 4-8 hours a day for games. 6-10 hours per day or average 8 hours in front of a PC when forums are gonna be included.

How much are you willing to pay for a game? You can include subscription fees here as well if you wish.

If I could sneak some payments (Mom doesn't let me spend for "Demon Games"), I could spend any amount for my favorites since they're usually F2P and has those store where you buy cash items, especially if they're selling their merchandise subtly (Referring to F2P games that has an equipment store) and not flood you with stupid ads to make you buy. I remember spending 1000 Php (About 23$) a month for cash items in Maple Story, and went on doing so for a year or two. So probably spent a lot more than I should on that game alone. Also Ragnarok Online here in the Philippines a few years back requires you to buy plastic scratch cards (or load as others call it here) with price ranging from 10 Php - 500 Php to play for a few weeks (The minimum was probably 1 week)

But if I'd have to buy the game, I'd probably spend 3000 Php max (About 69$) if the game is from established companies and probably max 400 Php (About 10$) for new ones but with good review.

I never spend on games that doesn't look good on the cover or has bad review.

Level 13
- DotA, Chrono Tales

- Dota is because this is my first time i played in Warcraft 3. Chrono Tales is because this is a best mmorpg i played :p

- Hero Defense, Solo TD, Survival

- Survival is a best for me, because you need to think and learn how to survive in a game.

- Im wasting my time in Computer Cafe in 4 - 6 hours, because im so lonely because im emo -.-

- It depends on my money

Level 16
What's my "current" favorite game?
I'd say Attack on Titans Tribute game. it's pretty much unique in a sense that it differs from other generic games. I personally don't like games being too linear even if it's littered with puzzles because once you finished those you can play it after some years and still remember most. Exception to that are RPGs with very good storyline.

Favorite game type?
i'd say RPGs, don't care if it's hybrid as long as it's good.

how much time i play?
hmmm... 1-4 hours max but mostly 2...

Lineage II

It's not the best, I know that, but it's my first one, so I hold it dear like no other.

MMORPG, Moba

Again, they are not the best I know, I just enjoy them the most (mainly for the highly-dependent virtual networks that they involve).

20 hours a week most likely.

Depends on the game. If I find it to be of high quality and/or original gameplay, I will not think about the price twice. Maximum $85 (this average doesn't include the high quality product I mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.