• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok, so im doing a project in school on "the effects of videogames on society" and I was wondering if you guys could help me out by answering a few questions.

1. How many days a week do you play videogames?
  2. Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?
  3. have you ever become angry with another player?
  4. About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?
  5. Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry)
  6. What average grades do you make?
  7. Do you have a job?
  8. Do you spend time to do homework?
  9. Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
  10. Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game?
  11. Where is your computer located in your house?

Thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

I may need to ask a few more questions later on if this isnt enough evidence to support my conclusion

Level 45
everyday.
Comp.
Obviously. :)
Always.
E-B (in Australian grades) which is bad, but these mainly account on last years grades.
7. Do you have a job?
Nope.
Not really... mainly at school or at bed time.(when im in my bed)
9. Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
Killing. :)
..or dont eat all of it normally.. im forced to or parents pull the plug.
Near the back door, not im my room, parents say doing that =death

Level 18
[broke=Ill say 5 days a week.]1.How many days a week do you play videogames?[/broke]
[broke=Computer Games and sometimes ps2 on my computer.]2.Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?[/broke]
[broke=Yes very much so. TKers piss me off.]3.have you ever become angry with another player?[/broke]
[broke=zero]4.About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?[/broke]
[broke=very much so. Mostly happy as im not bored but sometimes they piss me fucking off.]5.Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry)[/broke]
[broke=85+ depends on the class and professor.]6.What average grades do you make?[/broke]
[broke=I did]7.Do you have a job?[/broke]
[broke=I procrastinate, and then I do it as fast as I can some assignments can take upwards of several days. gotta love college.]8.Do you spend time to do homework?[/broke]
[broke=freedom of creation, modding, destruction.]9.Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.[/broke]
[broke=yes many a time. But that justs means i cook dinner later than normal.... or dont]10.Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game?[/broke]
[broke= my room in my apartment where else would i have it.]11.Where is your computer located in your house?[/broke]

Last edited:
Level 4
How many days a week do you play videogames?
When I actually play a game its 3 days.
Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?
Computer Games
have you ever become angry with another player?
Yes
About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?
Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry)
Sometimes
What average grades do you make?
70-80%
Do you have a job?
No
Do you spend time to do homework?
Yes
Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
Strategic Warfare
Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game?
No
Where is your computer located in your house?
In the "Computer Room"

Level 8
    2 or 3, depends on the school
    computer !?! what else ...
    sometimes, yes !?!
    1 or 2 hours, depends on the enemies ...
    unfortunatly yes.
    Germany system: 7-15
  7. Do you have a job?
    Next to the school, when we got holidays, I get my money, yes I've got a job.
    depends on the homework, but it does not take that much time.
    Everthing, as long I play with friends via teamspeak
    yes, mum getting angry ... but it's rarly.
    Depends where I wanna to be ... summer is coming, so I go in the garden, LAPTOP ftw !

Chaos

never.

If I dont play videogames, the ansewer is obviously.

I never played a serious online game.

Just the time spent testing my maps.

yes

depends the lesson
English, Fhilosophy and History: 8-10
Portuguese and Biology: 6-8
Cience, and matematic: 0-6

Do you have a job?
No, yet, but I am searching for one.

yes, sometimes.

Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
Attack! Hurt! KILL!

many times xD

My room

Level 12
1. How many days a week do you play videogames?: 2, mostly I just check the forums

2.Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?: Comp. Even GOW can't stand to WC3

3. have you ever become angry with another player?: Mostly Everyday

4.About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?: Not even 1 a day anymore.

5.Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry): Yes. it happens a lot. Once I cried when I died on Island Defence. lol No joke.

6.What average grades do you make?: A. Every grade is an A.

7. Do you have a job? No, not old enough yet

8.Do you spend time to do homework? Yep. 2 hours everyday

9. Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.: I enjoy strategic warfare. But the killing part of the strategic warfare is the best.

10.Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game? Yes. I skipped dinner when I was iin a game of Vamps for about 4 hours. It was awesome.

11. The one where I can play games: downstairs. Teh old one that can't really play and I can only map on: my room.

Level 13
Awesome, well the good news is (so far) no one who has responded to this could be considered a videogame "addict" judging by the official definition.
To become or cause to become compulsively and physiologically dependent on a habit-forming substance.
And i dont think anyone is really compulsively attracted to videogaming who has responded lol.
Thanks alot guys, Im still hoping for some more feedback so i can get more accurate statistics :smile:

Level 36
1. probably 5 hours or so maximum... it depends on the week, whether I have any new games or gams that I haven't yet completed. This week so far I've probably played for maybe 4 hours.

2. comp. I play Xbox every now and then, but that's only when someone else is using my computer, or unless I have a new game etc.

3. Every 5 minutes or so.

4. Not even one a day. I've played for maybe 2 hours this week, but I didn't play at all for the last 3 weeks or so before then...

5. My emotions have changed when playing a deeply story driven game to feel what the characters are feeling. If one of the main characters dies or something, I feel mildly sad, and if someone is really pissing me off, I feel angry.

6. My average is an 81

7. Nope, no working for me till the summer, aside from around the house stuff like yard work, car maintenance every now and then etc.

8. About an hour to an hour and a half a day. I have it pretty light, it's all just math homework >.>

9. I love base building. That and teching, dunno why but it's my fave part of most RTS games.

10. Nope, but ocassionally I'll eat by my computer, my desk is large and lovely, so there's plenty of room for both. Not often though.

11. My PC is in my basement, where it's nice and cool. Seriously, for most of the year you need a blanket, it's that cold. I do have a laptop although I rarely use it for gaming, so it's either in my family room, some other room in my house, or outside on my deck or in my backyard :)

Level 12
[*]How many days a week do you play videogames?

[*]Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?
Never got any console.

[*]have you ever become angry with another player?
Rare times.

[*]About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?

[*]Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry)
Not like the they change the mood for the rest of the day but the bare music is often enough to call feelings.

[*]What average grades do you make?
Swedish. 3-0. School is over for me now but in basic school it was 1 all they way, At high school it was much better but still in averenge 1.

[*]Do you have a job?
No but has been searching, passivly.

[*]Do you spend time to do homework?
Mostly yes.

[*]Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
Defending siege.

[*]Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game?
Not sure. I can't remember any. Now when I'm home all the day I only eat 2 times a day in general,

[*]Where is your computer located in your house?
In some room at the basement.

Werewulf your awnsers are... eh noticable. :eek:

Level 27
  7. Do you have a job?

1. = every day if i can, if not i dont.
2. = Computer only
3. = YES !!!!! LOADS OF TIMES!
4. = varies from 1 to 2 hours a day or totaly not
5. = Eh,emotional .. Angry yes ... also happy ...
6. = Mostly i have on my list a 6/10 or a 7/10 or something near it (not beneath 6)
7. = im 15.
8. = Sadly yes .. im forced -____-
9. = Strategic warfare, invading can be fun to. (base building is boring)
10. = No, but sometimes i did forget they jelled i had to go eat and stayed a while longer but never skipped it .. i like food ..
11. = My room! :)

Ok here ya go :D

Last edited:
Level 21
  • How many days a week do you play videogames?
  • Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?
  • have you ever become angry with another player?
  • About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?
  • Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry)
  • What average grades do you make?
  • Do you have a job?
  • Do you spend time to do homework?
  • Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
  • Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game?
  • Where is your computer located in your house?

1. = most days, but only if i havent got other work to do or if i not going somehwere with friends
2. = before FF12 came out only pc, now ps2 every so often.
3. = no, its a game, live with it. ive become angry with myself tho.
4. = wc3 rarely, only if my clan are playing which they do sometimes but only a few times a month. i used to play wow alot untill my account ran out, now i cba to buy another month.
5. = i feel happy when i win, but i dont get sad when i lose.
6. = straight A's
7. = not at the moment, i will be getting one when my exams are finished
8. = i only do what i feel is necessary, usualy that means none.
9. = i plan my strategy based on the strategy of my oponent. usually i make a large base to secure alot of recources (so in supreme commander i get alot of mass) but i constantly send out units making it hard for my opponent to expand his.
10. = when it is the CAL leagues or CLP trials i would miss food if it got in the way of the game. usually this stuff is planned tho so i dont miss meals. fact is, if im getting paid to play counter strike, i can putt off dinner for an hour.
11. = My room

Level 6
How many days a week do you play videogames
Computer

Yep, some fool on WoW decides that he'll argue with me and chew me out just cause I asked for help on an elite quest that IS NOT soloable.

It fails to amuse me so thats a zero.

Angry would be me, halo 2 for example, got so annoying I even started to shout.

Alot of Fs and rare for me to have an A.

Do you have a job?
No

Yea, my school teachers are really tight.I dont want any detentions.

Attack/invading.

No.

My bedroom.

Level 45
Wow.. nice offtopicness, maybe you should use msn to talk about this yes?

anyway, my new grades have come in..well for my psych. i got a D. =/ But my art teacher seems to be happy with my grades and my work, maybe since most of the games involve monsters and i draw monsters and well.. it doesn't distract me too much.

Also as a side not, i dont know why you including wc3 in..but most of the people here dont play it, they mod it.

Level 36
Didn't you read the above posts?! Nemesis doesn't USE MSN anymore, that's what this entire conversation is about lol. And since no one thus far (xcept you) has complained about our offtopicness, and since this thread is pretty much done with it's original topic, I think it rightful enough for us to stray off into other waters.

Level 36
oHS NOES, THE HORROR! Sansui has to make an extra effort to go offtopic to remind us that we are a still offtopic! We can have our conversation, and those who want to answer the survey can gladly do so, it's not like we'rew having a discussion thread here, he's collecting information, so that's all he has to do. This thread isn't for commenting and debating or discussing, so I don't see what the problem is. Now that we've gotten way off topic I suppose I'll stop.

Level 36
Elseish? I don't believe that's a word :p I'm a Resource Moderator, btw, so my moderator titel can in no way be linked to my actions in the forums ;) REGARDLESS: THE DISCUSSION ENDS HERE. NO MORE. PM OR BUST. Sorry for screwing over your post, creator, and let the data flow in as other people answer.

Level 13
God you guys are so rude :angry:

... lol im jk. Im pretty much done with the survey. I just needed some information to calculate into statistics and informative surveys and such so I could set up my thesis and conclusive statements with supporting evidence. :thumbs_up:.

Side Note: To those of you who responded to the survey, thanks. Heres something you might find interesting from a book I read concerning the subject:

Hearts: These players are socializers- those who enjoy learning about or communicating with other players.
Clubs: These players are killers – those who enjoy manipulating other players.
Diamonds: These players are achievers – those who enjoy manipulating the game world.
Spades: These players are explorers – Those who enjoy interacting with the game world” (Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, Spades: Players who Suit MUDs)

I think most of you are clubs, a few spades and diamonds though :wink:

Anyway, thanks again :smile:

Level 36
Can we get individual results? I'd like to know exactly where I stand :p Glad that your survey went well, this really is an interesting project, and what better place to get accurate information then from gamers themselves? Not some national study produced by some university... this is the real thing!

Level 13
Yea, the information is very accurate. The only thing is that the statistics really only reflect a small ammount of the majority of players. It would be really nice if it were possible for me to retrieve hundreds of submissions (or even thousands). Although, im not naive enough to believe I could get that many accurate results.

I'll see what I can do about posting information for you guys based off the statistics, but I'll hafta finish the project first. (Which will most likely take all weekend)

If you guys want I can maybe post report on here when im finished.

Level 7
Seven
Videogames
Yep, idiot kept TKing me.
Yep, annoying boss I couldn't take down, I finally took the fool down! Got me overjoyed
A
Do you have a job?
No
No
Warfare
No
Frontroom

Level 5
1: Everyday
2:Computer Games
3:uh....yes??? OF COURSE
4: 3-4 hours
5: Makes me feel smarter in school and in my daily life
6: Straight As ever since I got my butt onto a chair and did computer stuff.
7: I work(kinda)for my dad, I dont get paid, but its fun, we program sofwares, we make new sofwares, my dad made the first "Lition ASP" which is like Jass but 20x harder. I kinda get it, I made alittle Fin from it:p
8:Yes
9:All of the above
10: Im a addict, soooo yes I have
11: In my room

Level 8
1. 2-3 usually
2. computer by far
3. yes. dumb people make me angry
4. Hmmm... play:0-1 hr. map:2ish
5. happy, sad, proud, bored, confused
6. A
7. yes
8. yes
9. building a base
10. not skipped, but put off for a while
11. den, soon to be room though :)

Level 5
Survey

1 How many days a week do you play videogames?
Im not really sure.. Not much..
2 Which do you play more, computer games or videogames?
Computer games..
3 have you ever become angry with another player?
Yup, but I try to control myself and not flame.. :emote_smile:
4 About how many hours a day to you play warcraft?
Dont play much, but I make maps alot, so.. 3,4 hours?
5 Has playing a game ever had emotional effects on you?(eg. Happy, angry)
Yup
6 What average grades do you make?
Usually top grades
7 Do you have a job?
Yup
8 Do you spend time to do homework?
Sometimes..
9 Which do you enjoy most: Building a base, Attacking/invading, Strategic warfare.
Not sure. Think it is strategic warfare :emote_grin:
10 Have you ever skipped a meal because you were in the middle of a game?
Yeah, but it a long time ago now
11 Where is your computer located in your house?
In my room..

Level 6
5-7 days

Video Games

Yes.

0 hours - 30 minutes

Games rarely have emotional effects on me. Frustrating games occasionally force me to throw the controller at the screen, but for the most part I stay calm.

75% - 90%

7. Do you have a job?
Part-time work in the summer.

From time to time.

Strategic Warfare, by far

Never

Sitting room (or whatever it is called)

Status
Not open for further replies.