• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your most awesome video-game moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
So I was curious. What was your most awesome/inspirational/moving/funniest/incredible etc. videogame moment? I was thinking a lot about all these games I've played in my life since, and what great experiences I had with them, and how many of them I have forgotten which where actually meant to be reminded for ever.

My most awesome moment was the beginning of Bioshock Infinite. When you enter the chapel and the music of "Will the Circle be unbroken" comes in. I've never felt such a warm... inspirational and at the same time sad atmosphere. Not even in real life. I know that sounds a little awkward, but I seriously wanted to stay there for ever, cost every god damn second of that short period of time. Heck, I even restarted the game a few times just for this moment.. <3

So. Tell me your!

Level 11
After all the thinking i've went through, there was one moment in particular that stands out as my most awesome video game moment from them all.

Such moment exists in one of my favorite games "Dragon's Dogma", sad thing is, it's such a spoiler to the game that i wouldn't dare mention in detail but i will say
the ending to the game has the biggest mindblow i have ever experienced in any game ever, so unexpecting and biblical

also the song that plays during the "moment" just adds greatly to the overall experience

I found myself playing through the game 6 more times with a total playtime of 326 hours just so i can experience that moment again... and again... and again!

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
1280455_10151691357491840_76967331_n.jpg

Level 24
Can't say the most awesome one; there's plenty of candidates. However, entering Stormwind City in World of Warcraft for the first time was a very epic experience for me. The ending cinematic of Mass Effect 1 also gave me chills and I was almost shitting my pants watching it.

Level 16
Most epic moment in a game? I think the very thing that defines our experience to a game are emotional ties. For me, a great storyline and character development is the key to the greatest moment, in which I connect to the game and feel something. I can't recall many moments. Just to throw one out there though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuqwTUapIOI

I think with the way technology was, these kinds of games were great. It's kind of hard for a modern gamer to accept games like this now. Also you need to actually play the game through to feel the moment. It however seemed to touch me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.