• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are you a profesional game designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
3D Game Development

3DClaniac Gaming, Started May 25th, 2006 www.claniac.com

Hey guys, im working on developing alot of free games that would be in 3D with a very nice game engine. Check out my current site @ www.claniac.com , which is graciously hosted by wc3anvil.net.

I know the forums may be empty but im working on it when I have time.

Im creating games such as MidEvil Sniping which will be having a main weapon as a crossbow or get a sword in which to stab people with. Flying Dinosaurs, and more :) bizarre stuff.

Recruiting Peeps
------------------
Modelers, Able to create anything. Creativity included!

Skinners, Create decent terrain textures, help the modelers skin models!

Animators, Animate those units so they can show people they can groove and move!

Reason for being free?
--------------------------
I accept donations, and its split between the team which will result in the power to keep on shelling out new games!

Will Midevil Sniping include multiplayer?
---------------------------------------------
Indeed, it will also have bots for single if u cant connect to server.

Do you need modelers and everyone before you can begin?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont necessarly need modelers since I have a nice website in which to get stuff, but from my view I like to see users creativity and include them in a game.

Will our idea's help develop a game?
------------------------------------------
Heck yeah! I love people's idea's, If there reasonable I code them into my games.

Why should I help you?
---------------------------
Well I believe I want to make games funner, these will all be free but donations help bring more people to the stand to help! If you dont wanna help, its cool. Dont ridicule my games and say there cheesy, hell if you can code a better one pls go ahead and do so, I wont stop you. I am in no compitition with anyone and I hope eventually to make this into a buisness in which the team can profit!

My thanks for reading up, Greetz!

game28xn.gif

Yes I understand my forums are blank Durr im still working on it! :D

Greetz,
Mathew B (AKA: r0khan, AKA: tikirokhan, AKA: Horny.Sniper, AKA: Mr.Zerglin)

Level 3
It uses all formats, but it requires special encoding so it can be scripted and integrated inside. It also requires me on buildings to outline were the interior is.

Level 8
My Game!

Ok this is how the game works.

______________MAPS_________________
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
|___________________________________|

________Models & Skins_____________
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

______________Icons________________
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

You have to put an O in one of those boxes. You put one in your favourite one. And you have to copy and paste. This is like a poll except: You can either take an O out or put an O in. Mine is this:
______________MAPS_________________
|O |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

________Models & Skins_____________
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

______________Icons________________
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

And you always have to put a spacebar in front of you away, except if the edge is in front of you.

Level 6
Hey there,
I'm Onur.(Honor in English;)) and i'm 24.I'm studiying Mechanical Engineering at Pamukkale Univesity...So i'm about to get a profession :) so all of these like modelling,triggering,other design stuffs are just some hobby for me..But what about earning money as a professional game designer :) ??

As you see it's too late for me to be a game master,but what about you and others who are teenagers?What path they must set on?What are the options to choose getting a good start..All these knowledges of you mustn't be ruined.I guess we can prepare a usefull guide for others..

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Basically, it depends a lot on what kind of field within game development you want to specialize in. For instance design, engineering, art .. etc. If you aim to do engineering you're going to aim for programming/informatics. There's a lot of possibilities, and few of them are limited only to game development, so if you find along the way that you would like to program something else than games (as an example), it shouldn't be a problem.

Level 13
I've been researching the path to becoming a game designer over the past few months. Shiik is right, you need to know what part of the game development field you want to be in.

There's Game Design, which encompasses a lot of what you do in the World Editor and other game editors. It's 80% level design. Enganging your player in the game and immersing them in the environment, as well as creating enjoyable game play experiences. It's probably what makes and breaks most games.

Software Engineering is the people who take the programming languages like Python, C++, Ruby, etc. and turn them into game scripting languages, which the game designer uses. They create the GUI and the way everything in the game is classified. I don't know the full of it, and what they do is kind of hard to explain. Suffice to say it's a versatile career that can be used for creating new computer software too, as well as entire systems.

Then you have the art field, which is comprised of 2D artists and 3D animators. It's exactly what you'd expect it to be. Except you may not be creating your own character ideas all the time.

Those are the 3 main, beginning fields I know of. There's also testers, sound engineers and composers. You throw in the upper level of Creative Producer and Director, it gets little more complicated and rounded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.