• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Honestly? Seeing how buggy Reforged is, I'd much rather see them focus on that right now and take their time with bigger issues like missing features, because the last thing anyone needs is Blizzard rushing to add stuff and making the game even more messy than it already is.

well id assume they are indeed working on things right now but we wont see them till tuesday since tuesday its maintenance/patch/launch day for blizzard across all games

Level 20
well id assume they are indeed working on things right now but we wont see them till tuesday
You're probably correct - still, it would be nice to get some big blue post explaining what they are working on and what their plans are for post-launch support. That's not something they need to wait for a patch day to do and I imagine that it would help at least some people feel better about the game.

Reactions: pyf
Level 20
yes i would love a blue post too, however with it being week one, unless we are to get a hotfix before tuesday i doubt we see one
I think that as much as they've expected the launch to be rough and people to be unhappy, they probably got caught by surprise with how bad the response to Reforged is. I wouldn't say it's as bad as Diablo: Immortal or Hearthstone Hong Kong dramas, but it's definetely one of the most significant PR disasters Blizzard suffered in recent years. Due to this, the devs were probably told not to communicate for now - either because it's their PR strategy or because they're trying to come up with one.

Level 6
I'm not having any of the performance/crash issues others are having but I feel for them. Early on I was really hoping this would be treated like a mainline Blizzard product, maybe even with completely new story content. Now we'll be lucky if we still get regular patches.

I know they have a classic division of 15 people but I think it was a big mistake not to bring their big guns for this one. Even if I like the new models, the way the whole thing gels is still a rather mixed bag.

I think most arguments were about changing the story, not changing gameplay. I don't think anyone would mind if they added some new quests or mechanics for the campaign. I also didn't see many people arguing against the demo cutscenes.

I was talking about story. I even remember people arguing about changing the location of the base in the Stratholme mission. And completely remaking the maps so they are similar to WOW would change the gameplay of the maps as well, since the gameplay of the maps is very much tied to the layout. As for the cutscenes, I don't see why people don't think they are terrible. The animations were terrible.

Level 3
Last edited:
Level 9
To be honest I will still be very happy with a CNC remaster even if it is shit. The 1990s CNCs are unplayable in current gen computers, for some reason it is incompatible with resolutions higher than 1024x768 / 800x600 (especially in widescreen monitors) and is broken in Windows 10 OS, take CNC Tiberian Sun for example, you can test it yourself (it is free now).
Thanks for the information. I remember executing Tiberium Sun about two to four years ago and it did not ran so I had to watch all the campaign on youtube. If they were remastering this one then I would be happy too but they are remastering cnc1 and ra1 which I was able to run on my Windows 10 PC. So i am not happy with them remastering those.
@Shido Yay! Its now 1.0. Even lower than Fallout 76. lol :)
EDIT/UPDATE: This is what happened--
EA: We are the game developer with the worst customer experience.
Bethesda: Hold my beer, bruh.
Google(Stadia): hai guys! What's going on?
Blizzard: Sit yo ass down and hold my bat soup, bitch, and I'll show you how a real pro does it.

Last edited:
upload_2020-1-31_17-43-12.png

It appears that the background images will load alongside the Loading bar. Only when the loading bar nears completion will the background image fully render.

upload_2020-1-31_17-44-33.png

EDIT:

upload_2020-1-31_17-51-6.png

Last edited:
Level 9
@MasterBlaster @Ardenaso and everyone...have you noticed any changes in the balance/techtree of the races. Pete Stilwell said they will make it as balanced as Starcraft 1 BW in terms of multiplayer. Was that another false advertising technique?

Level 20
@MasterBlaster @Ardenaso and everyone...have you noticed any changes in the balance/techtree of the races. Pete Stilwell said they will make it as balanced as Starcraft 1 BW in terms of multiplayer. Was that another false advertising technique?
I didn't play anything besides the campaigns, so I don't know if they made any balance changes.

It appears that the background images will load alongside the Loading bar. Only when the loading bar nears completion will the background image fully render.
Noticed this as well - it happened for me on pretty much every loading screen, very rarely did I get one that was working properly.

But that's not the only bug that I've encountered in the campaign - there are missing portraits, portrait animations and unit voiceovers. The funny thing is that it's not consistent in any way. You might play with a unit in one chapter and it works fine then use the same unit in another chapter and it has no portrait animations.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32

nope... all I know is that they even made RoC use TFT balancing

Level 13
Wait a second. They didn't give Blood Elves their own buildings! The main race of a whole Campaign! They only use human ones!

Ok, I understand the budget constrains and stuff, but they didn't even bother to give Blood Elf Swordman blood elven skin(which we know is in there), they use High Elves one. Or didn't even bother to give the Blood Elves High Elven buildings from RoC Campaign at least!

Now Blizzard, that's just being lazy!

Shame On You!!!

To be honest, I personally am satisfied not buying Reforged. I have my doubts early on, but as I see more and more problems from their front (cutting corners, the delays, etc etc) I justify myself this is the best decision. And yes, I am glad to save up $30 (which in my currency is like 400K something).

Well, I'm sticking with 1.29 and 1.31.1 now. Goodbye online, hello Singleplayer.

In addition, I might as well drop Warcraft into Recycle Bin till they fix the mess they made.

Level 34
the first half is just hurtful, and reasonably reportable
Honestly, now i really do not tend to offend you even it may seem so to you but I did not see this so far!
This kind of arrogance... You impressed me and it is hard to do here! Because of years spent here, I think I have seen all. Obviously I did not!
Hey I still cannot believe what man did! To report someone for doing exactly same as him! Calling someone asshole, moron, troll, and all other badmouthing half of time and yet to report someone for doing similar to him!
Really I give you on that!
And what do you think by report? Do you know that this is double checking? Not just me but you as well. One criminal reporting another hoping that nobody would see what he did.
Also I would never report you because I am man. You know man as male who can take this, I am not weakling despite what you think of me. OMG U REPROTED ME IMA CRY NOW AAAAA. If even you did something what I do not like, I deserved it obviously. So did you, you deserved what came from me as well. You aint better then me. You were just standing at opposite side of river. So, I do not get why do you need that but ok.

the second half is commendable and honest, i will not report, though i do have 2 issues with the second part
I am glad that you understand what I wanted to explain.
Oh I completely forgot to mention. My cousin is at IT University (about technology). And they asked him there if he can ask me for opinion about Reforged as they know its me only who made some models and spent lot of time here. I told them not to buy this game yet, it is not worth. And explained what Blizzard did. Also, accidentally my fiance is working for company which manage websites for some companies. They are in ,,tech" business as well. I even told her to ,,spread word" in my name too as some of colleagues are also people I know and I am sure some considered buying game. Oh, she paid for Reforged. That was gift!

they are coming, the campaign folder is still with in the documents its not gone just not working yet, lookiing at how the current campaign screen is, i imagen blizzard wants to incorperate custom campaigns in a simular fashion and not the list of campaigns like we use to, we alrdy know clans are coming, and i assume parties as well since we have a little + icon by our portrait on the main menu that doesnt function, im going to wait for tuesday if theres going to be patch/additions/information it will be tuesday
But should they say something about it before? ,,Custom campaigns are not coming for now"

other than that i wish you good day/evening/night and hope tuesday will come to change your mind about reforged
Oh see. Now you are being nice. I am too.
Oh also, do not take me wrong. I never said that you people are bad, I never accursed you of anything in turn. I did to Blizzard. I count them responsible for majority of bad stuff happened. We are not rebelling (not me at least) against people as do against greedy corporation.
I only consider younger generations responsible for taking too much from corporations and forgive them for offenses and often count those as normal. I never can be on billionaire's side. Not for those earning money on frauds.

yours wasnt random your clearly broke Code of Conduct and even specifics was explained here in this thread
I did not say that I did not broke it, I never did. I said the way how they treated me was bad. And during what time.
No warning, ban in the middle of conversation with technical support (while not arguing but having nice conversation actually, they was the most helpful), and all of that like there is everything perfect! Stable version, no outrage in forums, no outrage worldwide!Everything is perfect so we can now ban someone for one swearing! (First offense at all) And especially them who do not care about forums. Again, their community manager got 4 posts overally day before release! I have that screenshot. And he was not seen since December. And all of that from company accursed of doing frauds. So, abandoning forums completely, letting people rage, then suddenly out of blue you ban someone for silly swear. I did not like that and still do not agree with way how they did it. Especially because I am customer, not regular user.
But overall, their forums, their rules. They have right perhaps to do what they wish. But I have right as well to take this as I wish and do certain actions against it if I wish. Thus I decided to go into campaign against them as well.

by the communities blood warcraft 3 survived, by the communities blood reforged will bring forth anew, as many of its limbs are created by those creators working hard in the editor making models terrains and systems, in turn to allow map developers to forge new and old creations to something greater than we ever held before
But game was different back then. Game was treated differently back then from Blizzard at first place. I was about 15 games were released. We did not rebell massively like this. Why? Simply because there was no need. There were no reorder, no promises, no false advertising.
EA games tried to do similar with Blizzard for Reforged, that is why I told you last night to go search something about it.

Oh and lastly, if you wondered what I personally wanted from Reforged, you would be surprised. Just same as it is now, but to work actually. Or that another way, they demonstrated at Blizzcon. Any version I would like! BUT WORKING VERSION! (By that I do not mean flawless. I know that there are bugs, but man honestly, this is just unfinished). And treating costumers better. That did not happen and my patience with them is over.

@DrakPanda hate to break it to you, but the Blizzard today is much different than 2003 Blizzard which has lots of dedication for quality. Activision-Blizzard is money-grabbing again and I would say they won't hesitate to do an asspull move to save their faces down the line. They even violate the lowest of the Mccall Quality Model (Level 1: Correctness) by having shitton of bugs AT OBVIOUS FIRST SIGHT. Good heavens, I'm at a loss why people protect them so vehemently after such a VERY flawed release.

If I had decided to go to Battle Net yesterday, I'm sure my Warcraft III is done for. For once I am glad I have a rough day to not get Warcraft on.

I agree with @MasterHaosis here, the product they release now is a sheer disappointment to the community. They just break what's left of the community's trust out the window.

Warcraft 3 Reforged releases with a lot of bugs
Community: Activision-Blizzard, you had one job.

Last edited:
Level 9
Me, trying to calculate how Warcraft 3 Reforged and Fallout 76 rank up.
source.gif
I think Warcraft 3 Refunded is worse cz it destroys the classic game too. Those who did not bought the shit were also forced to download a 30GB pile of junk. Fallout 76 is a separate game, it does not replace Fallout 4 or other titles so its better in my point of view.
Bellular's quote:
"Blizzard you are a disgrace to your legacy!"

Level 23
Honestly, now i really do not tend to offend you even it may seem so to you but I did not see this so far!
This kind of arrogance... You impressed me and it is hard to do here! Because of years spent here, I think I have seen all. Obviously I did not!
Hey I still cannot believe what man did! To report someone for doing exactly same as him! Calling someone asshole, moron, troll, and all other badmouthing half of time and yet to report someone for doing similar to him!
Really I give you on that!
And what do you think by report? Do you know that this is double checking? Not just me but you as well. One criminal reporting another hoping that nobody would see what he did.
Also I would never report you because I am man. You know man as male who can take this, I am not weakling despite what you think of me. OMG U REPROTED ME IMA CRY NOW AAAAA. If even you did something what I do not like, I deserved it obviously. So did you, you deserved what came from me as well. You aint better then me. You were just standing at opposite side of river. So, I do not get why do you need that but ok.

I am glad that you understand what I wanted to explain.
Oh I completely forgot to mention. My cousin is at IT University (about technology). And they asked him there if he can ask me for opinion about Reforged as they know its me only who made some models and spent lot of time here. I told them not to buy this game yet, it is not worth. And explained what Blizzard did. Also, accidentally my fiance is working for company which manage websites for some companies. They are in ,,tech" business as well. I even told her to ,,spread word" in my name too as some of colleagues are also people I know and I am sure some considered buying game. Oh, she paid for Reforged. That was gift!

But should they say something about it before? ,,Custom campaigns are not coming for now"

Oh see. Now you are being nice. I am too.
Oh also, do not take me wrong. I never said that you people are bad, I never accursed you of anything in turn. I did to Blizzard. I count them responsible for majority of bad stuff happened. We are not rebelling (not me at least) against people as do against greedy corporation.
I only consider younger generations responsible for taking too much from corporations and forgive them for offenses and often count those as normal. I never can be on billionaire's side. Not for those earning money on frauds.

I did not say that I did not broke it, I never did. I said the way how they treated me was bad. And during what time.
No warning, ban in the middle of conversation with technical support (while not arguing but having nice conversation actually, they was the most helpful), and all of that like there is everything perfect! Stable version, no outrage in forums, no outrage worldwide!Everything is perfect so we can now ban someone for one swearing! (First offense at all) And especially them who do not care about forums. Again, their community manager got 4 posts overally day before release! I have that screenshot. And he was not seen since December. And all of that from company accursed of doing frauds. So, abandoning forums completely, letting people rage, then suddenly out of blue you ban someone for silly swear. I did not like that and still do not agree with way how they did it. Especially because I am customer, not regular user.
But overall, their forums, their rules. They have right perhaps to do what they wish. But I have right as well to take this as I wish and do certain actions against it if I wish. Thus I decided to go into campaign against them as well.

But game was different back then. Game was treated differently back then from Blizzard at first place. I was about 15 games were released. We did not rebell massively like this. Why? Simply because there was no need. There were no reorder, no promises, no false advertising.
EA games tried to do similar with Blizzard for Reforged, that is why I told you last night to go search something about it.

Oh and lastly, if you wondered what I personally wanted from Reforged, you would be surprised. Just same as it is now, but to work actually. Or that another way, they demonstrated at Blizzcon. Any version I would like! BUT WORKING VERSION! (By that I do not mean flawless. I know that there are bugs, but man honestly, this is just unfinished). And treating costumers better. That did not happen and my patience with them is over.

There is an unwritten rule in the ettiequte of online typing that excessive use of capital letters is frowned upon. It is not necessarily because it looks bad, but you are not respecting people's ability to think independently and and decide what is the key information themselves. You constantly using capitals unfairly draws people's attention to the places you want them to look at, whereas you should aim to write/format in a way that smoothly introduces readers to the main messages you want to convey, without the need to "shout".

Essentially, overuse of capital letters distracts people from what you are saying, since they may just assume you are a clown.

You might find you get along well with this user:
Anaxie

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Yeah because something is shit at release it is below a game who is still shit after a year of constant fixes and developement.

Not even close.

No Mans Sky was also shit at release but is a pretty decent game now from what I have heard.
Does not mean warcraft will be the same, still I do not get the hate on day 1.
I bought this game to enjoy it for years to come, I could not care less how buggy it is at launch as long as they fix it eventually. I have waited for a visual overhual for ten years, I'll survive for a while longer.
It is not a cinema ticket which is a one-time use and then useless.

Yeah because something is shit at release it is below a game who is still shit after a year of constant fixes and developement.

Not even close.

No Mans Sky was also shit at release but is a pretty decent game now from what I have heard.
I bought this game to enjoy it for years to come, I could not care less how buggy it is at launch as long as they fix it eventually. I have waited for a visual overhual for ten years, I'll survive for a while longer.

I have to agree to a degree. The problem is how they make this the official release despite being a subpar product. It would be nice if they at least iron out the major issues and not cutting features THAT supposed to be there before until they iron out AFTER release.

Level 9

Not even close.

I bought this game to enjoy it for years to come, I could not care less how buggy it is at launch as long as they fix it eventually. I have waited fora visual overhual for ten years, I can wait a bit more.

1. Its not Day One. Its day Fifteen Years and then some. And they dare break classic game and make us download useless crap.

2. When a company screws up, it deserves all it gets. If it drowns, it drowns. No Man's Sky recovered? Good for them. A hundred games like it got a plug pulled on them before they could be fixed? Perfectly fair.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
So you buy a game for the official release only?

Here's am example opposite.
Compare WoW expansions. Most players agree that the WoD expansion was the worst to ever be released by miles. However it had a pretty good launch in terms of content, people did not start to complain after a few weeks when they noticed that they had completed all the existing content and the game was mostly empty.

I'd take one month of bug fixes that leads to a decent game rather than a month long decent game that then turns into shit.
I'd rather have the unstable launch as it gives me more in the long run.

Obviously you would want both a good launch and a good product, but almost all games screw up their patches at some point.

@Trill
False. They have not worked on warcraft 3 for 15 years.
They have done it for 2 years, and during those two years I have not had a bad experience. I know others have, perhaps that is because I only play single player maps and not online/ladder.

I am well aware that others have experienced problems, just saying it was not a complete shitshow for everyone.

Of course, things will work out in the long run, if it ever works out. You never know when that fix patch will hit the town to save the day for real. I mean, with the patches since 1.30 being buggy, it's hard to even have faith for future patches.

When I look to it with the past log, it looks like that will take a year or two, and I'm not sure everyone would be that patient to wait. And the way of me seeing this is that they broke a fine game and then resell that broken game with a skin DLC at 1.5x price.

And with this big of a backlash, recovering will be something not easy. Trust is easy to build, but once lost, it's difficult to rebuild.

Level 34
I agree with @MasterHaosis here, the product they release now is a sheer disappointment to the community. They just break what's left of the community's trust out the window.
Daffa The Mage, :cgrin:
Where is rest of your name man?

And yeah this is also what I meant. What Bllizard did is disaster.

Good heavens, I'm at a loss why people protect them so vehemently after such a VERY flawed release.
I even have no issues with someone protecting Blizzard. Its their right. FANBOYS! :cgrin:
I have issue with common sense that they offend people and when got offended back, cry like babies ,,IMA REPORT YOU" like weaklings. Also cheering when someone agrees with them, and on fact that many other agrees with opposite side they claim that those people are UNINPORTANT people. Which behavior is very dangerous.

There is an unwritten rule in the ettiequte of online typing that excessive use of capital letters is frowned upon. It is not necessarily because it looks bad, but you are not respecting people's ability to think independently and and decide what is the key information themselves. You constantly using capitals unfairly draws people's attention to the places you want them to look at, whereas you should aim to write/format in a way that smoothly introduces readers to the main messages you want to convey, without the need to "shout".

Essentially, overuse of capital letters distracts people from what you are saying, since they may just assume you are a clown.

You might find you get along well with this user:
Anaxie
I get along with almost everybody. Anyway, thank you for pointing me this out.
But I see that you missed main point here. Tell me since you speak about ,,ettiequte of online typing" (which I agree to some point), is ethical insulting someone then crying to report him once he got insulted back? Is ethical to call people (majority whose you disagree with) unimportant people? Is it normal in ,,unwritten rules"?
So, I am not escaping of what you told me, I acknowledge that way of speaking could be improved, but I wonder if this is all bad here in this conversation!

I think Warcraft 3 Refunded is worse cz it destroys the classic game too.
Yeah! They merged those in some way as far I know.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
There is no guarantee of a fix, I am well aware.
I just dislike the community overreaction. "Shit game at lunch 0/10" assuming the original warcraft 3 is a 10/10 game it is close to impossible to reach a 0 unless they literary removed melee gameplay.

Once the game breaking stuff is fixed it will probably be 5/10 worst case scenario.
Is this great? no. But still better than what the community right now seem to think.

Level 6
I just dislike the community overreaction. "Shit game at lunch 0/10" assuming the original warcraft 3 is a 10/10 game it is close to impossible to reach a 0 unless they literary removed melee gameplay.

Once the game breaking stuff is fixed it will probably be 5/10 worst case scenario.
Is this great? no. But still better than what the community right now seem to think.

Are you one of the guys who were saying "it's just a beta"?

The community payed for a finished game. They didn't get it but not only that, some features that already existed were removed. How should the community react then?

The current state of the game totally deserves a massive wave of lawsuits. Don't tell the community to shut up, when they clearly can't fight a billionaire company at court.

Level 8
I think partly they got hate on day one because it´s obvious they have enough money to make it right on relase but management decided nope. Greed won.
How stupid they can be to do this to their iconic brand... I mean in long run it would be profitable for them even if they made for free (and good)...

Level 13
meta-png.345822

Tbch, I think there are some people who have been giving zeros from a hundred different ip addresses. Imo the game is not good, it doesn't deserve more than 2.5, but also doesnt deserve less than idk 1.3, cause it's still working. A 0 is for the game that's not playable, and that's definitely not the case here.
I know it's probably the worst Blizzard release ever, heck it may end up being the worst release of the whole year, and certainly it's far below Blizzard standard, but Blizzard is simply not what it used to be.

Level 9

I would love to know why you are assuming they will fix the game breaking stuff.

Level 9
False. They have not worked on warcraft 3 for 15 years.
They have done it for 2 years, and during those two years I have not had a bad experience. I know others have, perhaps that is because I only play single player maps and not online/ladder.

I am well aware that others have experienced problems, just saying it was not a complete shitshow for everyone.
How much they have worked is no concern of mine. Twelve years like Diablo III or fifteen minutes before demo, like Diablo Immortal, doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is quality of customers get their hands on.

But more importantly, it must not break a 15 year old game, that worked juuuust fine before that. That's the crux of the problem. Its not a new game that is buggy on release, its an old game that is broken by release of some tangentially related... thing.

Level 34
1. Its not Day One. Its day Fifteen Years and then some. And they dare break classic game and make us download useless crap.

2. When a company screws up, it deserves all it gets. If it drowns, it drowns. No Man's Sky recovered? Good for them. A hundred games like it got a plugged pulled on them before they could be fixed? Perfectly fair
EXACTLY! Just what I think as well.
I do not get fanboys reacting at as this is something not expected. They are biased and did not see it coming. I saw fiasco from kilometers away. Honestly if is far worse than I though.

The community payed for a finished game. They didn't get it but not only that, some features that already existed were removed. How should the community react then?

The current state of the game totally deserves a massive wave of lawsuits. Don't tell the community to shut up, when they clearly can't fight a billionaire company at court.
Yeah! People should team and lawsuit those corporative asses and end this corporative bullship all around world once and for all! They think that they can do whatever they want because they are billionaires. This is how I look at it, some sort of.

I think partly they got hate on day one because it´s obvious they have enough money to make it right on relase but management decided nope. Greed won.
How stupid they can be to do this to their iconic brand... I mean in long run it would be profitable for them even if they made for free (and good)...
I agree on this one too.

Tbch, I think there are some people who have been giving zeros from a hundred different ip addresses. Imo the game is not good, it doesn't deserve more than 2.5, but also doesnt deserve less than idk 1.3, cause it's still working. A 0 is for the game that's not playable, and that's definitely not the case here.
I know it's probably the worst Blizzard release ever, heck it may end up being the worst release of the whole year, and certainly it's far below Blizzard standard, but Blizzard is simply not what it used to be
In my time it is called OWNED! or PWNT :cgrin:
People blasted them on pieces literally on metacritics haha

Level 18
I just dislike the community overreaction. "Shit game at lunch 0/10" assuming the original warcraft 3 is a 10/10 game
I think the main reason people are upset is because they killed off the old client, so people were forced to downgrade from 9/10 to 0.9/10
metacriticComparison.png

Also, I think calling it an overreaction is subjective.
Dictionary.com said:
to react or respond more strongly than is necessary or appropriate.

Level 9
@Chaosy If they cant fix that stuff in over 2 years then how they will fix it in 5 weeks? A lot of these game breaking issues were reported during the start of the beta but they are still here eg black screens and no custom campaigns.
EDIT:
This is what happens when Blizzard’s “When It’s Done” becomes Activision’s “Just get sh$t done.” There is no more Blizzard.

Last edited:
Level 9
@Chaosy
Then you're lucky. 'cos I have.
And no, I was originally talking that a breaking a fifteen year old game doesn't qualify for "day one" excuse. You brought up time they spent working, I just addressed that.

@Drake53
Hey, now Warcraft III and Reforged actually add up to 10.0!
That's what Blizzard were probably going for!
That's the only rational explanation.

Its not about the game itself, its about sending Blizzard a message.
Is it wrong for players to give up on a halfway decent game? Not if Blizzard gave up on it themselves.

Last edited:
Level 20
Tbch, I think there are some people who have been giving zeros from a hundred different ip addresses. Imo the game is not good, it doesn't deserve more than 2.5, but also doesnt deserve less than idk 1.3, cause it's still working.
I totally agree. Reforged is bad and it deserves a lot of critique and a bad score, but what's happening at metacritic right now is way out of scale. I think what's really going on is that outside of people who give totally legitimate negative reviews, there's also a lot of people who are tanking the rating either a) out of frustration or b) because they like jumping on the hate-wagon or c) to see how far down they can push it for. It's a pretty clear-cut example of "review bombing".

Obviously, the fact that people are doing this to Reforged is definetely indicative of how a big chunk of the playerbase feels about the game, but at this point the score itself is more useful for the memes than the actual representation of community perception.

Level 34
I think the main reason people are upset is because they killed off the old client, so people were forced to downgrade from 9/10 to 0.9/10
Also, I think calling it an overreaction is subjective.
9/10 WHOAAAA! What about Frozen Throne?

@Shido oh lady I forgot on moment about you. You are the one posted metacritics score last night saying ,,WE DID IT". So, all praise for you as well, because you are fighting against evil corporation too. :cgrin:

Level 20
Its not about the game itself, its about sending Blizzard a message.
Essentially this - metacritic score isn't about giving the game an honest rating, i.e. I doubt most people truly feel that Reforged is so horrible that it deserves a < 1.0 score. I think this is about getting the score as low as possible in hopes that Blizzard notices that people aren't happy. Thus, the score itself doesn't really matter outside of memes - what matters is that this bombing is happening at all.

As @Trill said - it's about sending a message, not giving a fair rating.

I would personally give 1 to 2 out of 10. The sheer price just asking for a neck-wrangling with its current state.

Since I don't buy Reforged, at least my complaints at the moment can be taken with a grain of salt. I also don't vote because of that.

I might be hating Reforged, but I ain't ruining it further since it's already pretty down. Personally, as a person with some game development background, I have some wishes for them to realize their mistakes and start fixing things out. Can't hope much since Activision is holding the leash.

Level 18
Most people on metacritic are incapable of inputting a score between 0 and 10, they only see the 0 (bad game, not recommended, dislike) and 10 (good game, recommended, like).
So you should not interpret the 0.9/10 as the actual score, even in its current state it should be 2/10 at least right? The score is more about "90% does not recommend this game", or, as others have said, it's about "sending a message".

Level 34
Hm, people giving bad scores from different IPs?
I guess you could say guys do have phones.
I for example never did such thing. I did not rate or downrate this crap of game, even though I understand and support people doing so.
I fight differently. Just now I had phone call from my fiance while she was at lunch pause. And I told her to write to male emplyess in company about Reforged fiasco and that I strongly advised them not to buy that game.

Since I don't buy Reforged, at least my complaints at the moment can be taken with a grain of salt. I also don't vote because of that.
Do not worry. Fanboys and blizzard's bots and fanatics are calling unimportant people with such statements. You do not want to buy Reforged greatest game ever from greatest company ever? You are not important then! Only our opinions matter. PERIOD :cgrin:

Level 20
I would personally give 1 to 2 out of 10. The sheer price just asking for a neck-wrangling with its current state.
I totally respect that. Just to further clarify - I don't claim that there aren't people who think that the game deserves a 1/10 or 2/10 score. I'm not dismissing those opinions. If someone has a reason to rate the game so low then that's fine. Personally I'd give it about 3/10 in its current form, but if it launched in a less buggy state and without cutting features like custom campaigns or effectively removing the original client, I'd difinetely give it more, probably something like 5/10.

Fanboys and blizzard's bots and fanatics are calling unimportant people with such statements. You do not want to buy Reforged greatest game ever from greatest company ever? You are not important then!
It's not about that, Haosis - it's about basic integrity from the reviewer and here the rules are simple: if you haven't tried the game, you're not really in a position to review it. You're completely free to voice your opinion as to why you didn't buy the game and that should be relevant, but posting a review in such situation just isn't fair. That's not to say that there aren't fanboys and white knights, who dismiss people's opinions even if they are completely legitimate.

We're all passionate about this and this topic has sparked a huge discussion, but we all still have to wait and see what happens. The people who are unhappy have been able to show their dissatisfaction, and those who are happy have been able to show their appreciation. It is clear that the two groups of satisfied/dissatisfied people aren't gonna change each others minds anytime soon so no reason to fight among ourselves over this.

People who hate it can pirate an earlier version, and those who loves it can keep playing a broken game. More will be unveiled when Blizzard comes with their next official response and/or patch so we all have to wait until then.

Reactions: pyf
Level 20
Just now I had phone call from my fiance while she was at lunch pause. And I told her to write to male emplyess in company about Reforged fiasco and that I strongly advised them not to buy that game.
And that is completely fair - if I had some friends who were interested in Warcraft 3, I would also warn them to not buy Reforged. What I am going to do is simply alter my future purchasing habits. I mean, I sometimes play a bit of WoW, so after Reforged being what it is, I'm not going to sub to WoW unless I hear positive reviews of their expansions and/or patches. The same goes for Diablo 4. After Reforged there's no way in hell (pun intended) that I'm going to prepurchase that.

Level 34
PEOPLE PURE GOLD PURE GOLD! GUYS !!!
You wont believe me what just happened!
I was angry at their response (they simply replied and I broke code of conduct crap and force closed my ticket without possibility to reply) I went on terrace to feed rabbits. And suddenly, out of blue, kid (15 years old) in highschool is coming with group of his friends! He lives in house directly next to mine. They went to play something on his PC. He asked me what I am doing there and how am I and sort of that. I told them that I am annoyed at Blizzard for what they did and such.... Then KIDS APPEAR TO PLAY WOW!!! I did not know this as I never talk about games with them. Pure gold out of sky! They asked me about remaster (thats how they know Reforged). I told them not to buy this game, it is not worth, it is buggy as hell and that it got 1/10 score! They were laughing! Then I told them Blizzard is banning people, even I got banned, they were laughing at that too. They told me ,,Good to know! we wont buy that". Then I told them to share those informations all around high school!
See? Its not that hard! I predicted many moves but I did not predict to see kid with his friends playing WOW! And appear to be interested in this. But not anymore! :cgrin:

It's not about that, Haosis - it's about basic integrity from the reviewer and here the rules are simple: if you haven't tried the game, you're not really in a position to review it. You're completely free to voice your opinion as to why you didn't buy the game and that should be relevant, but posting a review in such situation just isn't fair.
Of course man! I am strongly against writing reviews if people did not play it. But I was talking about people whose already got it and want Refund and got annoyed for reason. I was talking about them that they have full right to write reviews, downrate and and fight greedy corporation as they wish.

Level 10
I do not get fanboys reacting at as this is something not expected. They are biased and did not see it coming. I

Not only "fanboys". Everyone should have seen that coming. I'm absolutely baffled by the completely naive reaction of the community. Everyone who took their time and read one or two sentences about the last patches or the beta should have known that. So i personally am really at loss how everyone reacts. As if this came as a shock for anybody.

Maybe it is just me being to old for this shit. But i sincerly don't understand this people.

My reaction is currently "eh, knew it. Let's wait a month or two". This reminds me so much of "no mans sky".

Status
Not open for further replies.