Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reforged at its release state is a damn offence to Blizzard we all knew and respected.
    Dont feel yourself bad for wining how bad reforged is, this is a truth we all have to show to everyone in Blizzard who still want to make good games.

2. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    just go get some 1.26/1.27/1.28/1.30 on some dota fansites and just use a CD key generator. Works everytime; just don't update.

3. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You know what is worse, moders and mapmakers abandoned this site on July "Doing mysterious preparations for Reforged", and the waiting ended on this. Now i can imagine the string of post of "Boys, i really wanted to update, but reforged gave me erectile dysfunction, i'm earing my chemical romance, so not updates"

4. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    By the way, is regular Warcraft III affected? Or are all custom games broken?

5. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    There is no "regular Warcraft 3" anymore. It's the same game. You also run Warcraft 3 classic from the same launcher as Reforged, only with a SD graphics setting. So neither in Reforged nor classic can you play custom campaigns or offline single player maps, and regardless of you actually having bought Reforged you now need to download the full 26 something GB of Reforged models.

6. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Jesus christ what the actual [CENSORED]???!!!!!
    Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?

7. georgo

georgo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did they removed solo games and custom campaigns? What the fuck? I hope it's just a bug or they forgot about campaigns, but seems like it's how they trying to beat piracy.

8. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    The fun doesn't stop there.

In addition to what I just said they are also using the same graphics engine/rendering for both Reforged and Classic, so many, many existing custom maps with nice terrain now looks like shit in Classic too.

Specifically maps with terrain glows, omnilights and other widely used terrain doodads.

9. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Goddammit.
    What was the latest decent patch? 1.31? Does it work through GameRanger or Hamachi or whatever?

10. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    I would say 1.31 was quite good yeah. At least from a terraining perspective (I personally had no issues with it).

I'm not sure if Hamachi or Game ranger is possible on patches after they introduced the Bonjour stuff.

Patch 1.26 will still work though, but I have no idea if Bonjour prevents these kinds of things so don't quote me on it.

11. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, I guess after this fiasco its a matter of time before it gets hacked or cracked. Just gotta wait a bit more.

12. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Don't panic. The folder for custom campaigns exists in the installed game and this means that it will be added in menu.
    Modern marketing era means that first, you release a piece of shit - then you collect complaints and after all that you patch it to "normal" state. Same as they did with D3
    All who were born in 1990-ies and used to buy games as CD can't accept this reality, because in the past games were polished before release, not after.

I did not abandon. And I have a map in development for Reforged. I just was waiting for some bugfixes to finish it.
    And a few models.

The real pain in the ass for modellers is the fact that all imported SD assets won't work for reforged (exceptions is - some effects models) and if you want to adapt you custom map/campaign with custom models/textures to reforged - you need to convert textures to dds, add map of normal for shaders, learn modern 3d modelling, find way to create facial lipsync files for your voice over, etc.
    But in the same time - I can get rid of the most of old imported assets of stones and walls for my custom campaign because in reforged I can make this doodad, just by resizing and recolouring/retexturing existing asset from game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
  13. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone post here the reworked maps?

14. Meilstoer

Meilstoer

Resources:
    Resources:
    There was an error in handling the request..png
    I'm from the Third World Country. Here's the screenshot is commonly the bug. After the update is taken the load like 45 sec or 1 min! Okay! Blizzard! Again never bought pre-order and do I need the buys this sh*t.

15. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There's will probably be no such thing as 'hacked' or 'cracked' Warcraft III Reforged, Blizzard's DRM is strong. Hackers already failed hacking Starcraft Remastered and it's already 2 years old.

1.30.4 is the best patch for both players and modders. I've linked a backup file at page 3.

16. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I was talking about 1.31 though.
    Though I guess Starcraft example applies to that too, eh.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So you can crossplay with those who have it. It's how SCII does it with skins and SC: Remastered does it.
    Smart programming, what can I say.

I advise 1.30.4 or 1.29.2.
    1.31.1 is bugged hard.

blizzard.png

Times when a pre-order strategy might work.

How's custom campaign menu removal a fight against piracy :confused:2?

It has bugged trigger events on game load. You wouldn't want that.

18. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You don't need to have the same content to have the same code. Classic users could have just gotten a code-only patch + UI update and still been able to cross-play, since you can't access the reforged graphics in-game anyway.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why are you telling me? I didn't make Reforged.

20. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Sadly, its the patch that adds runtime customizable items, abilities and stuff, which are all things I need.
    I asked a while back, some people said it was playable.