• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
If so, it's actually quite possible that some mages traveled there in search of artifacts or exotic creatures to study and just so happened to bring some Wildkins with them.

They had a ton of them living in The Hinterlands in vanilla WoW

Oh yeah you're right; I forgot some High Elves traveled to Winterspring and they might have brought some in their exploits

Anyway, I've seen the Reforged Siege of Dalaran. So...

I wish they add more unit variety, like Elven Archers, Swordsmen, and Dragonhawks.

Since they added TFT content on an RoC mission, might as well add Hydromancers and Chaplains here

I hope they replace at least one Archmage with an Elven one

How did the Wildkins end up here? They are native to Kalimdor

Bandit Lords are unsettling like are they doing experiments on humans as well?

I appreciate Council Mages but please make them "turn us into sheep" for real at least on Hard difficulty, like spawning mass sorceresses ready to Polymorph our troops to make it harder.

Why are Fordred Aran, Landazar, and Conjuros Rex using generic Archmage models? When you did like almost every models for the named Dreadlords and Paladins (and they're not even complete yet. Mephistroth, Anetheron, Duke Lionheart, Sage Truthbearer, and Ballador the Bright has no models). Why stop halfway?

Gee I wonder what the beta test was for + one month delay? Also, please stop with the "give them a week" mentality; you're literally giving excuses and defending mediocrity. It's the current year and we're supposed to hold them to the highest standards possible.

Good luck with that.

Oh Elune nvm about that did they just use the Hydromancer model for the Council Mage?

Last edited:
Level 7
1572740129811-jpg.336839

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I played Stratholme and...

1. THANK YOU SO MUCH for making Stratholme a Harbor City again. Thank you.
  2. Hmm? You start with 2 extra Footmen compared to Classic?
  3. They removed the Darkspear creep and replaced it with one extra Grunt
  4. Game's a bit easy if you just kill the villagers before they turn into zombies
  5. The minibosses are still there... no unique models. Sad.
  6. Priests and Sorceresses use Blood Elf models and Blood Elf icons.

Level 19
alright guys this might be a stupid question but,

Since wc3 reforged beta is no longer available:
upload_2020-1-30_14-8-34.png

Do I even need it installed on my system? Because now normal wc3 takes 26.2GB and reforged beta takes 22.8GB

So I guess it's pretty safe to just uninstall reforged beta since it's no longer playable and the 2 games merged right?

Level 3
"Nobody can claim ownership of Warcraft 3 maps, they all belong to blizzard."
if i could refund my purchase of reforged, i would. the best thing we can do to stop these kind of disgusting behavior from any company is to stop using their products or in this case give them a taste of their own medicine and pirate all of their products.

Level 6
I think the game is alright but it has issues, it could have been much better. For me it's a 7/10 overall, so it's not Blizzard quality and that's not taking into account the not so great classic graphics and the situation with custom campaigns.

Here is my theory:

I think the suits at Actiblizz expected much higher preorder counts because this is Warcraft 3, THE game that made them famous. They saw the low preorder numbers and cut the budget, affecting the overall quality of the product.

If my theory about cutting the budget is true, then the suits at Actiblizz made a huge mistake. The goodwill of customers is also a currency. They could have gained a lot of goodwill. I think the game is alright but it could have been much better. Old engine with code written 20 years ago + budget cut = not as great results but perhaps even with these technological circumstances, we could have had a better product with more funding.

Also, I dearly hope custom campaigns are still a thing.

Perhaps the reason I am relatively satisfied is because I had realistic expectations from the beginning.

Disappointment after disappointment! Same campaign maps!!! We wanted new voicelines, new campaign maps, new additional quests, new additional storylines, new reworked campaign maps. We wanted to see what Theramore, Durotar, Outland and Icecrown would look like based on what we saw in the demo version of Warcraft 3 Reforged from BlizzCon 2018.

What community are they listening to?!!! This is pure laziness! If you don't have the passion to work your butt off in the Gaming Industry and not go the extra mile then don't do it. You can go work as a web developer! Otherwise you will butcher the franchise and hurt the millions of fans that fell in love with it and supported your company for more than 20years!

I can't even explain how disappointed and hurt i feel right now! What a shame! This could've been epic if they did put time, work and effort into it. Same campaign maps!!!! Really! What a shame!!!

Level 6
Disappointment after disappointment! Same campaign maps!!! We wanted new voicelines, new campaign maps, new additional quests, new additional storylines, new reworked campaign maps. We wanted to see what Theramore, Durotar, Outland and Icecrown would look like based on what we saw in the demo version of Warcraft 3 Reforged from BlizzCon 2018.

What community are they listening to?!!! This is pure laziness! If you don't have the passion to work your butt off in the Gaming Industry and not go the extra mile then don't do it. You can go work as a web developer! Otherwise you will butcher the franchise and hurt the millions of fans that fell in love with it and supported your company for more than 20years!

I can't even explain how disappointed and hurt i feel right now! What a shame! This could've been epic if they did put time, work and effort into it. Same campaign maps!!!! Really! What a shame!!!

Not everyone wanted that. I definitely remember the backlash against the reworked campaign. Some people have a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. I'm not one of them but a lot of people just don't like the direction modern WoW is heading towards, the choice of VAs for characters such as Sylvanas and so on and would like to keep WC3 free of such influences.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
alright guys this might be a stupid question but,

Since wc3 reforged beta is no longer available: View attachment 345766

Do I even need it installed on my system? Because now normal wc3 takes 26.2GB and reforged beta takes 22.8GB

So I guess it's pretty safe to just uninstall reforged beta since it's no longer playable and the 2 games merged right?
Yeah I uninstalled my Beta first.

Level 13
So I've played few custom singleplayer games in SD. From this perspective, the game only looks better in SD, imo of course. They've fixed most of the game breaking bugs, surprisingly. Necromancers have their old spells back, all units have their stats back to the ones pre version 1.29, Frost Wyrms and Gryphon Riders have magic attack again. I saw people complain about certain effects that were changed, but honestly none of them looks bad, or that much worse for the matter, some of them imo even look better than the original. But as Taylor Swift would say "purists gonna complain, complain, complain ...." I had no problem with shading, worked just as in the original. Even SD female heroes look a lot better in game, than on screenshots, I mean the portraits are still rediculous, but models themselves aren't that bad. I've also noticed we got the high resolution Campaign cinematics for free.
The only thing is that the main menu is lagging a bit, but I'm certain that'll be fixed in a few patches/weeks. That brings me to one question.
EDIT: The only new gameplay bug I've noticed is that Maksmenship upgrade uses active icon instead of passive.

Why would I even buy Reforged?
Honestly, I can't name a single thing now. To replay the Campaigns? I can do it just now, with HD cinematics on top. I've replayed the Campaigns for like five times now, and if I wanna do it again, I can. They're the same Campaigns with new graphics, and the graphics aren't gonna change much, it's pretty much the same experiance. The three new chapters? Sure, but it's not worth 30€, honestly those chapters have a lot of flaws (like Anastarian being a mute creep). By the way, when did eight become three?(I'm not going to count A New Power in Lordaeron or The Broken Isles, where they have literarly added a few dooads for the toomb and lordaeron ruins to kinda look like they do in WoW).

Last edited:
but honestly none of them looks bad
Honestly, they do, and I can send you many examples. Maybe the melee/vanilla game play isn't changed that much in a visual sense, but high quality custom maps really took a heavy blow.
as Taylor Swift would say
The fact that you're quoting Taylor Swift doesn't exactly enchant your arguments in an impenetrable shield of flawless logic :p I would say quite the contrary, but oh well.

Level 20
Found this: MMorris on Twitter

It's not a confirmation, but they are "working on a solution" to the lack of custom campaigns, so at least that's something.

Though I have to say - "solution" sounds... a a bit worrying, considering what they've done to the game thus far.

Last edited:
Level 16
At this point, I'm awaiting the announcement that goes something like this: "All custom made campaigns, will be adapted and stamped as Blizz content, for which you will have to pay 30$ for an 'expansion' of your choosing."

And that'd be effective in retrospect, as well. There is NO other reason. Absolutely no other reason to block custom made campaigns, if not for the fact that they see benefit in it, as in everything else. What a fucking joke. 2nd day now, still infuriated. Never felt this way about a game, but it's warcraft 3, damn it. I remember spending one new year playing with friends on custom.. so much memories, man.

Level 4
I find it very amusing that none is bothered by the fact that more than half of the execution of the game, memory wise and in less degree cpu wise, is several chromium browser instances, the new menus probably, the game is bloated in so many ways now: download size, installation size, memory usage even cpu usage

Also anyone hoping to do anything on any version >1.28.5 (1.29 and forward), you haven't been following the patch threads...

Can't pause custom games while offline (there are the 2 "multiplayer" pauses but that's it)
Still can't create custom games online

Level 16
Can we somehow contact Valve, for them to create an RTS very similar to War3, and circumvent CP issues. Then players can create a mod, to rename everything to our beloved war3. That'd be the greatest and best fuck u to Blizzcunt. Anyone want to start a petition?

Level 4
So.. still no day-1 patch after all of these chaos?

now I pretty much appreciate valve when doing dota 2 reborn cutover - it's almost 16 times patch a day.

Level 18
I find it very amusing that none is bothered by the fact that more than half of the execution of the game, memory wise and in less degree cpu wise, is several chromium browser instances, the new menus probably, the game is bloated in so many ways now: download size, installation size, memory usage even cpu usage
This right here is my #1 issue with this patch. I want the old TFT client back...

Level 20
It really is a shitshow when even shill media like Polygon honestly report about how big of a shitshow it is.

Warcraft 3: Reforged changes how the original game works, and fans are upset

Some quotes:
The end result is that the inadequacies of Warcraft 3: Reforged are being foisted upon people still playing the original Warcraft 3.
They can’t reliably connect to custom matches. They can’t access custom campaigns that worked just fine previously. There’s no support for a competitive ladder.
The camera work isn’t quite as cinematic as Blizzard promised, the new animations aren’t all that elaborate, and some of the voiceover still feels awkward or dated.

P.S. By they way, we're down to 1.4 on Metacritic.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Okay, are there any games with decent editors that are easy to mod, which allow custom assets, and have something like GUI triggers?
I'm not sure there is one. ^^ The thing with Warcraft III was: it had a sweet spot between aesthetics complexity and World Editor capabilities that is unique to the gaming world. This golden balance allowed the community to flourish, and to gain an independence of its own to breathe life onto the game, for years, until now.

The biggest letdown for everyone is Blizzard picked up the game to supposedly add to that, made huge promises, broke maps and user-programmed tools in the process, and then gave back an unoptimized, mangled game, riddled with bugs and missing features, and even demanded 30€ on top of that. All for the sake of a notion of crossplay that doesn't match anyone's expectations, given the update had a profound impact on classic players and modders — judging by the reactions here, it's safe to say people expected something much smoother.

I too hope they will be fixing the game along the way. However, they've been relying mostly on gamers and modders to test the game for them and report bugs. Hopefully, there will still be enough of them staying around with the patience to do that.

Last edited:
Level 1
Not of fan of much they nerfed the campaign difficulty. I figured I'd do a normal playthrough for fun, and then go back and play on hard. But after not losing a unit, I switched to hard after the culling . I'm a slight bit better than 50% on match making, so I'm not a wizard at this game. The old normal campaign I felt required a little bit of dispel, micro, and tactics. You couldn't just A-move into the main enemy base at 50 food. I thought that this is what story mode was made for.

Even hard seems tone down a bit in terms of the attack waves. Only thing that is a little challenging is actually pushing into enemy bases on some levels assuming you don't wait to have a maxed out 100 food army .

Level 8
i downloaded 30gb in less then an hour so i don't understand the complaint for it. Are you guys paying mb/$ or something?

Also my only complaint is i'm not that big fan of how some models turned out and no remake of archimonde cinematic destroying dalaran. Maybe some performance issues aswell.

i downloaded 30gb in less then an hour so i don't understand the complaint for it. Are you guys paying mb/$ or something?
I personally had no isses with this as well, but there are a lot of people in third world countries with A) Shitty internet connections B) Bad computers that can't run Reforged, which makes it completely and utterly meaningless for them to spend days to download something that makes their game WORSE.

Also my only complaint is i'm not that big fan of how some models turned out and no remake of archimonde cinematic destroying dalaran. Maybe some performance issues aswell.
My complaints are way more than that, but if you stick to vanilla only content and enjoy that, then rejoice and prosper!

Level 34
@Power107 @deepstrasz @Venombite @MasterBlaster
ban10.png

See this! Ban for one sentence ,,For fuck sake I still have reforged mode disabled. I cant enable it"
No warnings, no previous ,,offenses" otherwice they would note it here!
This is proof that they used as excuse to silence people whose complain about bugs or whatnot, as I was just doing that. If I made any mistake they would mention it, but no.
Funny thing that they think they can stop me or scary me. Guys, I apologize in advance to this:
,,Chamerrust YOU DID NOT STOP ME! OR FOOL WHO BANNED ME! I CAN MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT IF I WISH TO. I JUST NEED TO CONNECT TO WIFI, TURN OFF/ON MODEM, WAIT MINUTE AND GOT NEW IP ADDRESS. Or do it in million other ways. But I wont waste my time probably on this, you will defeat yourself anyway."

Level 6
For fuck sake
(notice you didnt retype it exactly as you did on your bnet forum post

agreed with razorclaw

personal thought
you purposely went around the profanity filter by placing a period in the word fuck, its ashaming knowing a former staff member of hive workshop would purposely use a work around a profanity filter like some 12 year old would

What you should be informed of is how long the ban/restriction will last.
im sure he was informed on the email he got with the initial ban notification

ive only just found this forum, if any one has any questions on bugs or problems ive been gathering as much workaround as i can find from with in the wc3 community, ill do all i can to try and help fix issues hive members are having

Status
Not open for further replies.