• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess adding a benefit of doubt can help, but surely won't change my mind pretty soon. Given Tuesday is less than a week away, we'll see if we're gonna be damn ignored or not soon (though given how they love their silent style, pretty sure gonna take like a while and more likely not Tuesday). Agreed with @FeelsGoodMan

I feel sorry for the people at code department, must be painful for them since many issues stem from gameplay related features.

Level 9
By the way...
Some members of Hive are working for Blizzard's Classic Games team, if memory serves me right. Why haven't we heard from them yet?
They could reassure us that the team IS working on fixing all the problems, or plain tell us that NO, managements doesn't give a crap, so people don't have to harbor false hope.
Why haven't we heard from them yet?

Reactions: pyf
Some members of Hive are working for Blizzard's Classic Games team, if memory serves me right. Why haven't we heard from them yet?
Because if their PR strategy is to not say anything they would compromise their job by talking to Hive.

I am sure some select few knows some inside information, but due to friendship and loyalty that information will never see the light of day. The Hive Blizzard employee's are surely not happy, but can't express themselves freely.

Level 9
BREAKING NEWS: The level designer of the Culling (not the Reforged one) David Fried said in his live stream:
"Not playing on Reforged, I am not ready for that"
Metzen has tweeted that he would be unhappy if they changed the story (yes he has not seen the new Arthas vs Illidan fight in which Illidan disarms Arthas lol)
Src: Chris Metzen on Twitter
Here is David's video:

BREAKING NEWS: The level designer of the Culling (not the Reforged one) David Fried said in his live stream:

Metzen has tweeted that he would be unhappy if they changed the story (yes he has not seen the new Arthas vs Illidan fight in which Illidan disarms Arthas lol)
Here is David's video:

God I am glad there are people realizing that Stratholme was butchered by Reforged and yes it is plain disrespect to the one who originally made it.

Level 9
God I am glad there are people realizing that Stratholme was butchered by Reforged and yes it is plain disrespect to the one who originally made it.
The great artist of Warcraft 3: Rebirth quoted me. Thanks. I wish Blizard took some feedback from you regarding wc3 Refunded.

The great artist of Warcraft 3: Rebirth quoted me. Thanks. I wish Blizard took some feedback from you regarding wc3 Refunded.

Saddest part is employees asked the mod from me to send to them and then the result is....They probably did not even look at it to get some 'inspiration' , and I personally have given them tons of info and feedback , all regarding the art is ignored, most of bug reports are not even fixed too

Level 9
What's that supposed to mean? It's already been proven the campaign is mostly the same, to the point where there were practically no real changes past the Undead campaign.
It means Metzen did not buy Reforged that is why he is asking us about the campaign and changes. Even Metzen (a guy who worked at Blizz over 10 years) no longer trust Bli$$ard. lol :D

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
just so i can have a better understanding what has been removed specificly? and not questionable things that may get added in later like clan, are there any thing we know absolute sure, or have evidence to that show we are not going to get them?

keep in mind this is bnet 2.0, and week one of launch

now something to keep the trolls away, i dont want to see anyone state 1.0 was better than 2.0 just becuase some features are not yet active in warcraft 3 reforged
and no we arent going back to bnet 1.0 just so trolls can hide behind temporary accounts like they use to

oh god, first we have the "it's just a beta" to "it's just one week yet";

you're literally defending unprofessionalism and you're actually propagating to tolerate mediocrity

what was the point of the beta + the one month delay if it will end up in a disastrous launch? you're literally contributing to the stagnation of video gaming by allowing this to happen and telling us to do so. You're telling us to "just deal with it" and lower our standards for a triple A company. People like you are the reason why gaming companies have been releasing unfinished games with buggy release nowadays.

We're getting an update on Tuesday?
If we take @DrakPanda words at face value and if I read his posts right, since I recall he said Blizzy patches every Tue a few pages back. I doubt it.

By the way...
They could reassure us that the team IS working on fixing all the problems, or plain tell us that NO, managements doesn't give a crap, so people don't have to harbor false hope.
Why haven't we heard from them yet?
Summon them now? More than happy to. @Kam @MindWorX

If you two have any information that can ascertain the situation, it would be VERY helpful. A certainty can at least slightly leverage the storm.

Lol, I just tried to play the campaign on a desktop so I could actually set the graphics to high, turns out blizzard doesn't even save your campaign progress or saved games to your account, but still locally. So I can't even continue the campaign on another computer.

Interesting, though that has been like that since before RF. Funny how they don't utilize their own integration to the fullest.

Level 13

Here is David's video:
You do realise that Metzen is probably in a deal with Blizzard, who are trying to attone themselves for giving us the exact same Campaigns, to tweet that. (save me the talk that he's no longer in constact with Blizzard, cause he voiced Thrall in visions of N'zoth, so that proves that he's still part of the company in one way or another) Also it's worth mentioning that he's the one who basically came up with the retconning in the first place in pretty much every WoW expansion.

Also shouldn't the purists be happy?! They wanted exactely the same game, with new graphics, and that's exactely what we got. But I guess, it's like Taylor Swyft would say: "purists are gonna complain, complain, complain, complain"....
oh god, first we have the "it's just a beta" to "it's just one week yet";

you're literally defending unprofessionalism and you're actually propagating to tolerate mediocrity

what was the point of the beta + the one month delay if it will end up in a disastrous launch? you're literally contributing to the stagnation of video gaming by allowing this to happen and telling us to do so. You're telling us to "just deal with it" and lower our standards for a triple A company. People like you are the reason why gaming companies have been releasing unfinished games with buggy release nowadays.
Actually I have to agree here, it's too early to judge the game before "the initial patching phase"(first few weeks of heavy patching) has passed, at least when the bugs, optimisation and preformance are concerned.

Level 9
@Venombite I am a purist but I am not happy at all. I cried after playing the game when it got released. They butchered the art style badly, even the classic version looks better than what we got.

Level 27
Summon them now? More than happy to. @Kam @MindWorX

If you two have any information that can ascertain the situation, it would be VERY helpful. A certainty can at least slightly leverage the storm.

I'm going to sound like an ass, but these guys are working for the biggest flop in PR of the year. Asking then questions even with good intentions could be putting then on the chopping block of unemployement. That without mentioning any non disclosure clause in their contracts, unless Kam and Mind are super rich, no way they can deal with a corporative lawyer.

@Venombite I am a purist but I am not happy at all. I cried after playing the game when it got released. They butchered the art style badly, even the classic version looks better than what we got.
Ehm, Classic? Is that a thing? I thought it was butchered along with Reforged?

---

The irony in all of this is how people who looks like the madmen refusing changes before actually the right ones. I can remember the harsh talk about bots removal, about the 1.30 chaos as well till that last Classic patch at 1.31 being a noisy discussion.

You do realise that Metzen is probably in a deal with Blizzard, who are trying to attone themselves for giving us the exact same Campaigns, to tweet that. (save me the talk that he's no longer in constact with Blizzard, cause he voiced Thrall in visions of N'zoth, so that proves that he's still part of the company in one way or another) Also it's worth mentioning that he's the one who basically came up with the retconning in the first place in pretty much every WoW expansion.

Also shouldn't the purists be happy?! They wanted exactely the same game, with new graphics, and that's exactely what we got. But I guess, it's like Taylor Swyft would say: "purists are gonna complain, complain, complain, complain"....

Actually I have to agree here, it's too early to judge the game before "the initial patching phase"(first few weeks of heavy patching) has passed, at least when the bugs, optimisation and preformance are concerned.

We wanted WARCRAFT III HD not some shitty new designs, unfitting art style, and unfitting models.

You can always play your lovely WoW as we can always play class... OH NO WE CANT DO IT ANYMORE TOO!

I'm going to sound like an ass, but these guys are working for the biggest flop in PR of the year. Asking then questions even with good intentions could be putting then on the chopping block of unemployement. That without mentioning any non disclosure clause in their contracts, unless Kam and Mind are super rich, no way they can deal with a corporative lawyer.
Makes a lot of sense. They don't even have to reply since they can by all means stay silence after all. At least they know how much community is screaming at this very moment in their silence.

Level 4
still I do not get the hate on day 1.
I bought this game to enjoy it for years to come, I could not care less how buggy it is at launch as long as they fix it eventually.

You are exactly the type of customer they LOVE. The reason why is because even though they massacred the game & community, cretins like you will still buy everything up and defend their false honor, further enabling them to do more things like this in the future for profit.

Level 13
You can always play your lovely WoW as we can always play class... OH NO WE CANT DO IT ANYMORE TOO!
Why can't you?
You just turn on the game and play it. Sure the main menu is laggy, but apart from that I didn't see that many bugs tbh (and the laggy main menu will probably be fixed in a few pathces/weeks). In my experience, I played a few single player melee games and a few Campaign maps, there were far less bugs than in the last few patches. I only have Classic, or SD, as I've been thinking for days now for a reason to buy Reforged, and I can't think of a single thing tbh. And for what I've seen Classic works just fine.
For me the biggest problem is not being able to minimize the "chat", but I hope that that option and Custom Campaigns will be added before "the initial patch phase" ends.

Level 9
Why can't you?
You just turn on the game and play it. Sure the main menu is laggy, but apart from that I didn't see that many bugs tbh. In my experience, I played a few single player melee games and a few Campaign maps, there were far less bugs than in the last few patches. I only have Classic, or SD, as I've been thinking for days now for a reason to buy Reforged, and I can't think of a single thing tbh. And for what I've seen Classic works just fine.
For me the biggest problem is not being able to minimize the "chat", but I hope that that option and Custom Campaigns will be added before "the initial patch phase" ends.
How can this be classic without custom campaigns, 3d main menu, 3d campaign screens, good Arthas v Illidan fight, original and iconic The Culling campaign level and many other features we lost? Its just Reforged's classic option. Not the game we loved.
Edit: omg RoC is also gone

Level 6
since I recall he said Blizzy patches every Tue a few pages back.
im pretty sure i said along the lines of "they mainly patch on tuesday" so if we are getting a patch it will be tuesday and not imediently like people want

We're getting an update on Tuesday?
we can only hope

I'm going to sound like an ass
you dont sound like an ass, thats a really smart though actually, shame for daffa not thinking about that, so dissapointed in him right now

Blizz might steal them.
unless your maps are on par with something like dota was back when it first was a thing in wc3 i doubt you have anything to worry about

defending? no.
use to the usual blizzard bullshit and gimmick? yes

tolerate? no
expect them to bring the game up to the standards of how classic was at minimum? yes

omg RoC is also gone
no. no. your just being a little stupid and didnt bother to look at the campaign screen and see all 8 campaigns + prologue is there, you also have to redo them all to unlock them again

other features we lost
have we lost them or are they simply not implemented right now, because it seems almost stupid for blizzard to still include the custom campaign folder in your documents as well as still have a campaign system with in the editor?

why are so many people from hive not using any common sense, its like they have never seen a major content update from blizzard before

Last edited:
Level 9
im pretty sure i said along the lines of "they mainly patch on tuesday" so if we are getting a patch it will be tuesday and not imediently like people want

we can only hope

unless your maps are on par with something like dota was back when it first was a thing in wc3 i doubt you have anything to worry about

defending? no.
use to the usual blizzard bullshit and gimmick? yes

tolerate? no
expect them to bring the game up to the standards of how classic was at minimum? yes

no. no. your just being a little stupid and didnt bother to look at the campaign screen and see all 8 campaigns + prologue is there, you also have to redo them all to unlock them again

have we lost them or are they simply not implemented right now, because it seems almost stupid for blizzard to still include the custom campaign folder in your documents as well as still have a campaign system with in the editor?

why are so many people from hive not using any common sense, its like they have never seen a major content update from blizzard before
Troll? RoC balance is gone lol. And don't you know Blizzard stay silent 99% of the time and you are expecting them to patch? They are using Brack's mom's basement as they don't even have an office. That is why we had radio silent for over a year as they need to go to a cafe for internet access.

Level 4
i can give you an unbiased or the current facts to match your question
1. true
2. pretty sure is true not all the way through my self yet
3. we still have the custom campaign folder in our documents, thoughts are its unimplemented for now as is with clans, assume coming at a later point
4. yes but is not super new since its alrdy like that on sc2 and blizzard isnt the only one, but yes to new to wc3, they dont want a dota repeat
5. i my self have not uncounted any bugs, there are missing things (clans, custom campaigns, offline that doesnt force bonjour and make it like its lan) theres alot of things being called a bug (like things missing) thats not really a programming bug

for the ladder, ive seen it go from not working (talking to people in wc3 general, in game), to working poorly, and some working fine as far as matchmaking goes, also while stats are not visable to us for now, you can link your old classic wc3 profile to your bnet account, theres a button in the bottom of options, i dont have any info on wiping stats or a fresh start to all

i do like seeing another sound person who understand things will likley be fixed

sorry to hear but its a common trend with amd for years gone by to have more issues

Thanks, I log into the internet one day to check out reforged and its like a bunch of people in a room just flipping tables and screaming. There's some bad but it's not deserving of what I am seeing everywhere. I like the new graphics, 24 man games and improved World Editor. And we all know Blizz is scrambling to fix whatever issues is making people crazy. Or you know maybe they won't if this fucking cesspool keeps screaming for people not to buy it and Blizz goes, "Welp lost cause, people who don't even own the game are screeching so lets just ditch this lost effort."

Level 9
balance wasnt even brought up in your first sentence, yes balance is set to TFT the latest version of the game, since every one owns RoC and TFT, classic and reforged alike

and again no troll
How can you call it RoC if it does not have RoC balance? So who lacks common sense here? Irony!

Why can't you?
You just turn on the game and play it. Sure the main menu is laggy, but apart from that I didn't see that many bugs tbh (and the laggy main menu will probably be fixed in a few pathces/weeks). In my experience, I played a few single player melee games and a few Campaign maps, there were far less bugs than in the last few patches. I only have Classic, or SD, as I've been thinking for days now for a reason to buy Reforged, and I can't think of a single thing tbh. And for what I've seen Classic works just fine.

Classic model effects and shadows are all fucked + alot of other issues are in here is the list for you since I doubt you have played this game for years if you cant see the differences: List of Issues in Reforged SD graphics option

Level 6
How can you call it RoC if it does not have RoC balance?
you can call it RoC and TFT cause both are included, are you really that upset over the campaign AI working a little different?
and if your bitching about ladder since when has TFT balance not been the norm?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You are exactly the type of customer they LOVE. The reason why is because even though they massacred the game & community, cretins like you will still buy everything up and defend their false honor, further enabling them to do more things like this in the future for profit.
I am not defending Blizzard, I have never said that reforged is great.
I am just saying it is not complete shit. Which is not really 'defending' to me, but I guess I am a blizzard shill for that. Except I shitpost about them all the time on other topics such as the retarded UI natives.

I wanted one thing out of reforged. Better graphics, which are achieved (subjectively)
As long as the game breaking stuff is fixed I got what I wanted from my purchase.

It's all about expectations I guess.

Level 18
you can call it RoC and TFT cause both are included, are you really that upset over the campaign AI working a little different?
Before they killed RoC servers, the population there was around 10% the size of that on TFT servers IIRC. So yes, there are people upset that TFT balance took over.

Level 6
@Drake53 thanks for giving me an answer before a troll got to it, and ya nostalgic old rules, maybe there were be a mod or something you can apply to melee games to play it for fun, like there is that wierd system i never actually bothered used before in sc2

hopfully those people will stick around and play TFT on classic/reforged once its up and running

Level 3
I am not defending Blizzard, I have never said that reforged is great.
I am just saying it is not complete shit. Which is not really 'defending' to me, but I guess I am a blizzard shill for that. Except I shitpost about them all the time on other topics such as the retarded UI natives.

I wanted one thing out of reforged. Better graphics, which are achieved (subjectively)
As long as the game breaking stuff is fixed I got what I wanted from my purchase.

It's all about expectations I guess.

thanks for proving his point on how blizzard needs guillible and complacent people like you to sell their subpar products to, "oh its not TOTALLY shit so i still have a reason to buy it" is the most pathetic argument i have ever read for buying anything, you are just one of those people that barely values their money and don't care about the end product quality at all, i wish you were in the minority but if that was the case blizzard wouldn't even be as succefull of a company as it is today, i can only hope that this all eventually turns around and bite them in the ass and that your kind eventually gets some taste so we can start getting some good games again

Guys remember how the first Mortal Kombat movie in 1994 kicked ass? Then came the horrible sequel that was filmed with like 100$ budget and then fans started pretending like the sequel never happened!

We have to do the same. Reforged never happened! Next time someone mentions reforged you should go like "did you know that it's impossible for the human stomach to hold a gallon of milk!"

Level 3
Guys remember how the first Mortal Kombat movie in 1994 kicked ass? Then came the horrible sequel that was filmed with like 100$ budget and then fans started pretending like the sequel never happened!

We have to do the same. Reforged never happened! Next time someone mentions reforged you should go like "did you know that it's impossible for the human stomach to hold a gallon of milk!"

i would do that but i can't even play classic anymore so im always reminded of reforged shitty existance everytime i try to play because i have to go out of my way and use a torrented copy from the internet and a third party software to even play the game i have been playing for the last 18 years again wich has been taken away by blizzard for absolutely no reason

Level 4
3nu8x3.jpg

Level 34
Then perhaps I am not customer they love! They banned me muahahah!

Yeah, do not tolerate them. Once they smell soft they will start eating you like cancer does!

@Drake53 really? 0.7 yet? I haven't check it lately

Level 20
It's a disaster.

I'll be honest - I was one of the people who enjoyed the prospect of a new take on Warcraft 3 with reforged cutscenes, maybe even a bit of expanded (not changed) lore and a handful of gameplay changes in the campaign. I was willing to accept the new graphical style, even if it was a very significant departure from the original art and some stuff just looked pretty bad (and still do, btw). I was open to give Reforged a chance.

But you know what - somewhere in the back of my head I've always thought about Reforged as an option. I've told myself - "it's okay they're making some changes, because maybe they'll do something different, yet still quite cool in some way and even if their new take on the game ends up being bad, we'll always have Classic to come back to". But knowing what I know now, i.e. that they will not only release a disappointing product, which I was somewhat ready for, but also downgrade W3 in the process of making Reforged, I have to say - I was wrong about having an open mind.

I guess my judgement got clouded by the desire of getting new W3 content, even if it was just a new take on what we already had. In retrospect, I wished I've joined the purist camp on this and asked for upscaled graphics + no changes to the original game + actual NEW CONTENT. Because that was what I've wanted - and funny enough, now that I think about it, I think that's what a lot of people wanted. Not a different Warcraft 3 - more of the Warcraft 3 that we all love.

I also want to say that - I will not refund Reforged, mostly because I didn't wake up before I've already played enough of the campaigns to not have a chance to get my money back. But also, I actually want to keep the game as a grim reminder to never again be this fucking dumb and preorder anything from Blizzard. So yeah, they can keep my 30$ and shove it right up the hole between their asscheeks, but I'll be damned if ever buy any of their games before I see positive reviews and reactions to it.

---

There is this one quote I really like - "a man can only admit to when he was wrong and ask forgiveness". And here I am, doing exactly that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.