• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

Version 1.32 – January 28, 2020

Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne with Warcraft III: Reforged. Experience the epic origin stories of Warcraft, now more stunning and evocative than ever before, with vivid recreations of every hero, unit, building, and environment.

Updates

Battle .net

• Install, update, and launch Warcraft III from the Blizzard Battle .net app.
  • Includes integrated Groups and Chat.

Campaigns

• Restored three prologue missions from the original Warcraft III Demo: Riders on the Storm, The Fires Down Below, and Countdown to Extinction.
  • Updated terrain, mission difficulty, and added auto-saves for all missions.
  • Updated art and layout of major cities from three of Warcraft’s iconic cities: Dalaran, Silvermoon, and Stratholme.
  • Updated all campaign characters and visual assets.

Collections

• Equip hero skins, choose your favorite portrait, and browse unlockable campaign and matchmaking rewards.

Languages

• Locale support added for Spanish (Latin America) and Portuguese (Brazil).
  • Locale support updated for Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish (Spain).

Menus and Options

• Added “Grid” or traditional hotkey layouts.
  • New gameplay settings for unit health bars, team colors, hero status bars, and cooldown display.
  • Classic Account linking to keep your historic wins.
    • Legacy accounts will expire in 90 days, so link as soon as possible.
  • Toggle between Classic and Reforged mode for graphics and campaign content.

Versus - Competitive Matchmaking

• Queue for heads-up battle with the new matchmaking system for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or 4-person “Free For All” melee.
  • Create your group and join 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 together.

Known Issues

We’ve posted our Known Issues List in the Warcraft III Bug Report forum 481. Please ensure your drivers are up to date before reporting issues.

Last edited:
Level 9
I have GOOD news, please read. I think the game is not showing us a remastered Warcraft 3 but the afterlife of J. Arthas Brack and Bobby Kil'jaeden. The bad terrain and trees show us that they will go to hell.
EDIT: Reforged has disappointed me a lot so just wanted to heal my brain.

Level 18
Man...why are we able to download Reforged when we don't have...I only have the normal version and I want to keep it that way, I don't want this goddamn gigabytes of reforged taking space on my pc...
Because World Editor defaults to HD assets even if you don't own Reforged.

Level 34
The classic graphics, even on high resolution, look bad. The lighting seems off and everything seems slightly pixelated. Also, I can’t open the editor anymore
I can play only with classic. Reforged mode cannot be enabled. But classic mode looks fine. I had to adjust resolution, and once matched, it looks good.
In game, I saw many people complaining on various issues. I can't believe they released us broken release.

Level 21
another messy launch, oh well.

also worrying about performance, not sure about the purchase as of yet.

At least it looks somewhat inviting now, the colors are more vibrant, still looks strange in some places (neutral creeps, grey textures hard to look at/seem distorted).

Level 10
I can play only with classic. Reforged mode cannot be enabled. But classic mode looks fine. I had to adjust resolution, and once matched, it looks good.
In game, I saw many people complaining on various issues. I can't believe they released us broken release.

you’re right. I’m going to have to take back some of what I said. I set the resolution properly and now classic looks better. It’s not 100% as it used to look but it’s better than before.

Level 34
This abomination called 'Reforged' makes me regret saying 'I hate WoW'.
Man I have to say now that this game is trash. Not because it is not working here (I expected that), but because vast majority still complains after official release.
Holy shit.
Because I used to say ,,excuse" OK it is BETA, it is not supposed to work properly. But now, this is disgrace.

Oh, it's not that imported stuff doesn't work... it's that the game doesn't read the object editor changes.
Somebody should fired lawsuit there against Blizzard for delivering incomplete product.

you’re right. I’m going to have to take back some of what I said. I set the resolution properly and now classic looks better. It’s not 100% as it used to look but it’s better than before.
yeah but I wish I was not right, so I could play with reforged mode.

Level 20
I've played up until half of the human campaign and... I'm switching to hard, because they made Normal so freaking easy that it's not even fun anymore. And I mean it - I consider myself to be pretty average, but I've reached the Hearthglen mission without losing a single unit and that's with me basically A-moving all the time.

Another thing - I have the impression that they give you a LOT more items, especially consumables like potions and scrolls. Not that it matters all that much - in the Andorhal mission I already had 5 healing and 3 mana pots on Arthas plus 3 protection scrolls on Jaina - it's not hard to get a stack like that even if you're liberal with your consumable usage as there's rarely ever a time where you'd need one.

I'm not even going to talk about the silly handicap, because that's just so stupid that I just have no words, but... guess what - that auto-save/checkpoint feature? It fires pretty much before every single battle. No kidding. Like, in the first human mission you get that rescue Timmy quest - before you enter the area where the bandits are, you get a checkpoint. Then the area with the bandit trap - checkpoint. Then the ledger camp - checkpoint. And a couple more in Strahnbrad...

No joke, they literally make sure that even if something somehow goes wrong (which requires a braindead player who purposefully sabotages himself), you won't have to replay through almost anything at all. It's not even funny. And if that wasn't enough, they throw so many hints at you that it's unreal.

I guess it's blatantly obvious at this point who Reforged was targeted at - not us, not regular people who have more than 0,5 brain cell and like RTS games and heck, not even your standard WoW player... it was targeted at the worst of the worst of WoW players.

Sigh.

Level 11
So, now you are forced to have your cd keys linked to your battle.net even if you updated from classic otherwise you get "error handling request"?

Level 6
How to play custom campaigns?I could only test them by WorldEditor,a lot of cutscenes are broken though (dialogue run too fast).

Level 34
error10.png

Their incompetence is at its finest! Nothing can work as supposed!

Level 27
There's no adapted 1.32 - either you download Reforged and play with "SD mode" or you have to stick with 1.31.

Jesus...

Ok, the white knights will be comming at me a ramming speed with their Fedoras and Lances, but i'm going to said it. This is stupid and an insult, there is not practical motive to cause inconveniences to those who don't want reforged by adding several gigas of useless data to their hard drives, instead of having a second patch server. But some suit wanted this as a passive agresive marketing gig, "if they have the data, they will buy it."

Activision the skintaker strikes again.

Level 34
J. Allen Brack will forever be remembered as the guy who ruined WoW and WC3
Thats nothing! There is no damage made to him, no ,,business harm" nothing. We use words. Words wont stop him or change anything. Actions would.
Back then in my time, when EA wanted to put Generals 2 their way, we rebel, organized, bashed them anywhere in internet, made campaign against them, people even created sites against them so they cannot be shut down, instead of just protesting in their own forums, and finally Generals 2 was stopped from release shortly before got released! They apologized and moved on. Literally wasted millions. Epic harm it was. Those times are gone. Weaklings took over. Everyone complains but nobody takes actions anymore. This is why they today play fools out of people as they wish! No consequences!

Making classic and reforged cross compatible was a huge mistake. They just made sure everything look good in reforged and didn't care if it's fucked up in classic. Editor only open with reforged files making map hardly editable for classic on top of being super laggy. And there's missing textures and files in classic.
All these shit for free because I didn't even bought reforged.

Level 3
This is bullshit right?
View attachment 345673

nah, they just don't want any other oportunity like they had with Dota to slip out again, this stuff is on the SC2 terms of services aswell but now they added it here just to add insult to injury, as if it wasn't already super obvious this garbage remaster was nothing more but a quick cash grab, the amount of effort they put into it shows how little they care about it, oh poor little indie company blizzard, they simply can't add any more developers and resources to a remaster of one of their most popular games ever, absolutely disgusting, shame on them

im still happily playing my old version wich i had backed up in a different folder so i don't get screw up by the bugs on maps or my hard drive bloated by the 20GB of useless crap im never gonna see because im not giving them a dime for this mess that reforged is

also thanks for removing custom campaings entirely you clowns, i guess it was too much effort to fix all the bugs they introduced with all the constant patching so they rather remove the feature entirely, incredible job, i can't believe WC3 was originally made by this company, they are like night and day now, completely different

Level 10
Shit now that's fkd up. I used to think I'm away from modding at worst time, but now I don't. I'm okay with reforged taking more time to be polished. But this? I'm out man...

To my knowledge, they had paragraphs like these in their eula before. I believe that was changed some patches before. Not that these would withstand a proper lawsuit anyway, but bullshit nonetheless.

Anyway, sounds like another patch to wait out. I will test some stuff to make sure i can run it and maybe i'm again in the "works on my machine" department. But i'll see.

They never really mentioned that they will be replacing the CD versions with the Reforged, that's my only problem here (I'm pretty sure I understood their note that they will be updating both CD and Reforged separately while allowing crossplay between the two, not completely erasing the CD version and force everyone to play Reforged only that those people who didn't buy it will have a limited graphics settings). I don't care if they will just leave the old versions buggy, I didn't buy Reforged because I don't want it, but they force us to download it anyway.

Good thing one guy here in Hive was smart to backup 1.30.4 before everything went to shit.

Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files

Last edited:
Level 7
We discussed the release levels posted by @MasterBlaster a few days ago. We hoped the official release could be a) level or at least b) level.
Unfortunately, we were all wrong. They just added an official campaign mode. No custom campaigns, many fatal bugs not fixed. This imprudent release must be c) level or even lower. Is there any hope now?

Edit: Beta (1.32.0.14481) test is still in progress in China. Further graphical improvements could be made, such as unit footprint, ripple when walking in water, and branches swaying in the wind.

Last edited:
Level 7
If this kills the community it will devastate me... I have been following the Hive and playing W3 since middle school. Can't believe Blizz essentially ruined one of the last good things going for them to make a tiny bit of money. Nobody is going to buy this when word gets out of how poorly made it is. Any hopes of a Warcraft sequel are dead. Though with what Blizzard has become in the last couple of years that might be more of a blessing...

Level 28
@Raider Neoh
Yes you can still play it online, but you need to include an extra 23-28gb that you can't use...
how wonderful, i play classic on a potato laptop and because of it it has trouble with updating the game.

23-28GB, failed to update, and whats worse, I just couldn't play now. I fear that this might be the day I stop playing this game...

Or is it possible to not update at all? Whenever I launch it it just tells me update available, forcing me to update it

Status
Not open for further replies.