Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Man I have to say now that this game is trash. Not because it is not working here (I expected that), but because vast majority still complains after official release.
    Holy shit.
    Because I used to say ,,excuse" OK it is BETA, it is not supposed to work properly. But now, this is disgrace.

Somebody should fired lawsuit there against Blizzard for delivering incomplete product.

yeah but I wish I was not right, so I could play with reforged mode.

2. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played up until half of the human campaign and... I'm switching to hard, because they made Normal so freaking easy that it's not even fun anymore. And I mean it - I consider myself to be pretty average, but I've reached the Hearthglen mission without losing a single unit and that's with me basically A-moving all the time.

Another thing - I have the impression that they give you a LOT more items, especially consumables like potions and scrolls. Not that it matters all that much - in the Andorhal mission I already had 5 healing and 3 mana pots on Arthas plus 3 protection scrolls on Jaina - it's not hard to get a stack like that even if you're liberal with your consumable usage as there's rarely ever a time where you'd need one.

I'm not even going to talk about the silly handicap, because that's just so stupid that I just have no words, but... guess what - that auto-save/checkpoint feature? It fires pretty much before every single battle. No kidding. Like, in the first human mission you get that rescue Timmy quest - before you enter the area where the bandits are, you get a checkpoint. Then the area with the bandit trap - checkpoint. Then the ledger camp - checkpoint. And a couple more in Strahnbrad...

No joke, they literally make sure that even if something somehow goes wrong (which requires a braindead player who purposefully sabotages himself), you won't have to replay through almost anything at all. It's not even funny. And if that wasn't enough, they throw so many hints at you that it's unreal.

I guess it's blatantly obvious at this point who Reforged was targeted at - not us, not regular people who have more than 0,5 brain cell and like RTS games and heck, not even your standard WoW player... it was targeted at the worst of the worst of WoW players.

Sigh.

3. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, now you are forced to have your cd keys linked to your battle.net even if you updated from classic otherwise you get "error handling request"?

4. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    How to play custom campaigns?I could only test them by WorldEditor,a lot of cutscenes are broken though (dialogue run too fast).

5. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    People..... What joke! 2020. ,,modern times" hahahaha!
    Blizzard won definitively :cgrin:

6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can't - as far as I can tell, they've been removed.

7. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So for those like me using clasic, we can get patch 1.32 adapted for us. Or we'll get a bloated install with reforged?

Because there is a massive amount of stuff broken in the abused wife 1.31, that still needs to be corrected.

8. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's no adapted 1.32 - either you download Reforged and play with "SD mode" or you have to stick with 1.31.

9. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Their incompetence is at its finest! Nothing can work as supposed!

10. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Jesus...

Ok, the white knights will be comming at me a ramming speed with their Fedoras and Lances, but i'm going to said it. This is stupid and an insult, there is not practical motive to cause inconveniences to those who don't want reforged by adding several gigas of useless data to their hard drives, instead of having a second patch server. But some suit wanted this as a passive agresive marketing gig, "if they have the data, they will buy it."

Activision the skintaker strikes again.

11. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster oh I told him again!
    [​IMG]
    From 4 to 7 posts community manager has! 3 more today, and all are releasing ,,news" about Reforged. He should organize forums, collecting reports and bringing them to developers for IMMEDIATE FIX! But no, instead they will behave like nothing happened today.

12. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also, from 8 reworked chapters to just 3? Wtf

J. Allen Brack will forever be remembered as the guy who ruined WoW and WC3

13. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats nothing! There is no damage made to him, no ,,business harm" nothing. We use words. Words wont stop him or change anything. Actions would.
    Back then in my time, when EA wanted to put Generals 2 their way, we rebel, organized, bashed them anywhere in internet, made campaign against them, people even created sites against them so they cannot be shut down, instead of just protesting in their own forums, and finally Generals 2 was stopped from release shortly before got released! They apologized and moved on. Literally wasted millions. Epic harm it was. Those times are gone. Weaklings took over. Everyone complains but nobody takes actions anymore. This is why they today play fools out of people as they wish! No consequences!

14. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Making classic and reforged cross compatible was a huge mistake. They just made sure everything look good in reforged and didn't care if it's fucked up in classic. Editor only open with reforged files making map hardly editable for classic on top of being super laggy. And there's missing textures and files in classic.
    All these shit for free because I didn't even bought reforged.

15. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is bullshit right?
    blizzdronesbtfo.jpg

16. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Shit now that's fkd up. I used to think I'm away from modding at worst time, but now I don't. I'm okay with reforged taking more time to be polished. But this? I'm out man...

17. maduroman

maduroman

Resources:
    Resources:
    nah, they just don't want any other oportunity like they had with Dota to slip out again, this stuff is on the SC2 terms of services aswell but now they added it here just to add insult to injury, as if it wasn't already super obvious this garbage remaster was nothing more but a quick cash grab, the amount of effort they put into it shows how little they care about it, oh poor little indie company blizzard, they simply can't add any more developers and resources to a remaster of one of their most popular games ever, absolutely disgusting, shame on them

im still happily playing my old version wich i had backed up in a different folder so i don't get screw up by the bugs on maps or my hard drive bloated by the 20GB of useless crap im never gonna see because im not giving them a dime for this mess that reforged is

also thanks for removing custom campaings entirely you clowns, i guess it was too much effort to fix all the bugs they introduced with all the constant patching so they rather remove the feature entirely, incredible job, i can't believe WC3 was originally made by this company, they are like night and day now, completely different

18. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Courtesy of anon on channel of fours.
    unknown.png

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  19. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    To my knowledge, they had paragraphs like these in their eula before. I believe that was changed some patches before. Not that these would withstand a proper lawsuit anyway, but bullshit nonetheless.

Anyway, sounds like another patch to wait out. I will test some stuff to make sure i can run it and maybe i'm again in the "works on my machine" department. But i'll see.

20. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One more
    Screenshot_20200128-203056.jpg