• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Ahhhhh the alternative I tried earlier, I wonder if there's other option. Kinda bothers me that I have to load editor just to play, duh
That sublte itch is what compels you to buy it or settle on 23-28 extra gigs of useless data.
I vehemently hate activision blizzards direction with this, I have inappropriate suggestions the executives can do with a number of large pineapples.

Last edited:
They really need to explain why they lied here. They just said the two editions will be separate not migrate those CD version players to Reforged.

upload_2020-1-29_14-29-47.png
upload_2020-1-29_14-29-54.png

Level 13
So, I couldn't hold my self and I've watched people stream some chapters of the Campaigns.
Basically 95% of time it looks exactely like those imported stuff people have been posting on youtube for months now, there are some new quests, and even a new hero(not gonna potentially spoil anything), but nothing special. It's the same game with new graphics, they didn't even bother to put TfT units into RoC Campaigns, or change the units stats to that in TfT. I mean I will buy the game eventually, but I'm in no rush. I'll probably wait till they decrease the price, mostly out of the principal. I don't think its worth it for exactely the same game.

EDIT: Cutscenes and interludes have been improved, but nothing special, again.

Last edited:
Level 9
Should we go back to 1.26? Its avaiable on piratebay. It also supports custom campaigns. It also supports a tool called RenderEdge for better graphics then this RapedForged.

Level 6
Played it and satisfied so far. Aside from some weird lighting in the Prophet cutscene, the game looks good. I had a slowdown near the granaries in the Andorhal mission for some reason.

Played up to and including Stratholme, which looks exactly like in the demo. Even the WOW bosses are still in but I would have liked even more references.

I saw a comparison of the new and old Stratholme cutscenes and I am really glad they got rid of them, the animations are so terrible in that one. I'm glad I don't have to watch that tripe for over 5 hours.

It's nothing groundbreaking but I never expected it to be. I got a graphical update and some remade missions and I am happy with that. I would have liked more but such is life, for me the graphical update was the most important and for the most part it's good. With the new assets I might make the new campaigns I wanted blizzard to make. Maybe make a post-WC2 Blackrock campaign.

Are you sure about Custom Campaigns? The functionality is still in the editor. Perhaps you get the functionality after you finish all the campaigns? Maybe they forgot to add the button, which would be embarrasing. Custom campaigns with new models is one of the reasons I bought this.

Level 18
Editor only open with reforged files making map hardly editable for classic on top of being super laggy.
You can set world editor to use SD assets by going into File>Preferences.

This is bullshit right?
View attachment 345673
Good thing I'm using 3rd party tools for mapmaking nowadays, no way Blizzard can claim intellectual property over my maps then.
The other two points are complete bs though. RIP custom gaming community I guess.

Played it and satisfied so far. Aside from some weird lighting in the Prophet cutscene, the game looks good. I had a slowdown near the granaries in the Andorhal mission for some reason.

Played up to and including Stratholme, which looks exactly like in the demo. Even the WOW bosses are still in but I would have liked even more references.

I saw a comparison of the new and old Stratholme cutscenes and I am really glad they got rid of them, the animations are so terrible in that one. I'm glad I don't have to watch that tripe for over 5 hours.

It's nothing groundbreaking but I never expected it to be. I got a graphical update and some remade missions and I am happy with that. I would have liked more but such is life, for me the graphical update was the most important and for the most part it's good. With the new assets I might make the new campaigns I wanted blizzard to make. Maybe make a post-WC2 Blackrock campaign.

Are you sure about Custom Campaigns? The functionality is still in the editor. Perhaps you get the functionality after you finish all the campaigns? Maybe they forgot to add the button, which would be embarrasing. Custom campaigns with new models is one of the reasons I bought this.

I suppose that they will add Custom Campaigns in later patches. For instance, in the original TFT they released Act 2 and 3 for Rexar Campaign in later patches.

Level 34
Not that these would withstand a proper lawsuit anyway, but bullshit nonetheless.
Nah it wont. Nobody will sue them. They are corporations, they made tons of money from deceiving (many people refund anyway, but still), and now they would use that money for defense.
Classical stuff, I make two millions by hoax, and even if they catch me and punish me, I will pay million as punishment, But still, I am millionaire. Corporations need to be hit hardy so they cannot stand at their legs for some time. And all relevant factors worldwide should report to public that they are deceiver, to put shame on them which would actually affect their income.
But this is not going to happen in this time

If this kills the community it will devastate me
This wont kill community most likely. it will affect, damage... But we old dogs survived long time.

The current state of Reforged is like if you ordered food in restraunt and they brought you unboiled pasta
Except you can complain. And if prove you can even report them to authorities (if it is repeated offense)

Now that is what you call a job well done.
or ,,EPIC WIN"

Level 13
So, after Blizzcon 2019, to me, the only thing I really cared about are the Reforged Campaigns. But the release was another Blizzcon 2019 like let down.
After speedwaing Exodus of the Horde, The Srourge of Lordaeron, The Path of the Damn, The Invasion of Kalimdor and part of Eternity's End well....... It's just like they said, apart from The Culling, The Fall of SIlvermoon and The Siege of Dalaran, the Campaigns are the same Campaigns like in Classic. I mean sure they've changed the trees in Quel'thalas missions, gave troll Headhunters forest troll models in Black Rock missions, and some camera angles and added a few effects during the cutscenes, but nothing impressive, or even worth meantioning really. I'll still wait and see the rest of the Campaigns, but....
I most likely won't be buying Reforged for a while. I do like the new visuals (credits to @MasterBlaster here), but apart from that, it's exactely the same game. Further more it's also obviousely not quite finished.
And I just don't care to buy the same game with the new visuals.

First thing I'm gonna do when Reforged is out, is to play the campaign or to play DotA!

Power107, your latest status says this, how was it?

By the way do not promote piratebay, it is extremely illegal to recommend people here to dangerous sites like PB, if you want backup files just scroll back to what I linked a few comments above yours.

Is syntax highlighting a thing now?
Still not.

Level 20
The EULA is unenforceable since it violates your own copyrights. Even the original War3 EULA had some contradictory things and things that Blizzard didn't enforce in practice in it.

What the EULA is really for is to cover themselves for when they promote Warcraft III by using Footman Frenzy (and they have done this within the past year)

The EULA is unenforceable since it violates your own copyrights. Even the original War3 EULA had some contradictory things and things that Blizzard didn't enforce in practice in it.
They will probably enforce it if a custom game really takes off and becomes popular to the point where it's re-made as a completely new game in a different engine, like Dota 2. Lawsuits would ensue to make sure they get their piece of the cake (which is the whole cake).

Level 6

What the EULA is really for is to cover themselves for when they promote Warcraft III by using Footman Frenzy (and they have done this within the past year)

Yeah, they probably made it to cover their asses if someone rips assets from other games and they get sued for it. I don't think Valve would be too happy if they saw their models in a competitors' game.

Level 19
Yeah, they probably made it to cover their asses if someone rips assets from other games and they get sued for it. I don't think Valve would be too happy if they saw their models in a competitors' game.
like if anyone cares about various WC3 sites being flooded with low poly rip offs from various games, right? like if there were sues from Japan's Naruto manga writers for all those anime maps, ye. And totally not because of shitfest with dota 10 years ago

Level 6
like if anyone cares about various WC3 sites being flooded with low poly rip offs from various games, right? like if there were sues from Japan's Naruto manga writers for all those anime maps, ye. And totally not because of shitfest with dota 10 years ago

Doesn't Warhammer Total War have similar policies? Afaik, it's the big reason there isn't a Lord of the Rings mod for it (which makes me really sad).

Level 6
no idea, I only care about wc3 right now

All I am saying is that the reasons might be similar. Something might have changed legally. Since original WC3 was released before the presumed changes, it might have not applied but now that Reforged is out this might be different. Don't take my word for it, it's just speculation.

Any lawyer around here who can clarify?

Seems like the EULA appeared to stop more cash cows like dota from escaping blizzards reach, to think they are this salty 10 years later, pathetic.
Well to be fair the EULA was also in place when Dota happened, and Valve did get sued by Blizzard for it (which was later settled).

It's still utter bullshit though.

Level 6
Well to be fair the EULA was also in place when Dota happened, and Valve did get sued by Blizzard for it (which was later settled).

It's still utter bullshit though.

Yeah, that's strange, although the name DOTA might not have been copyrighted before Valve since the official name is Defense of the Ancients? It's also clear that no one owns the rights to game styles but what about map layout? Or would different art be sufficient to call it different? Jeez, what a mess.

Can you give us a link?
This was the EULA back in 2018 at least;

"Custom Games are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Blizzard. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to Blizzard all of your rights, title and interest in and to all Custom Games, and agree that should Blizzard decide that it is necessary, you agree to execute future assignments promptly upon receiving such a request from Blizzard. Additionally, Blizzard shall have the right to maintain the Custom Game on Blizzard’s Arcade service even if the developer of the Custom Game requests that Blizzard remove the Custom Game from the Arcade service."

Source.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Man, I have nothing more to say...From Hero to Zero is what this patch looks like.
About EULA I have no clue, while it makes sense the maps we make are theirs, this copyright bs is insane...now we can't make maps that have completely different mechanics to the point where it is a new game? I'm devastated.

GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD

Level 3
So does anyone know if classic is playable through ENTconnect? It would be great to use the bad press and attention to get players to a LAN platform before classic community is effectively killed off.

it was active for a while after they removed bots, but nowadays it has been abandoned, you can still use it but its no longer further supported, not sure about eurobattlenet and pre 1.30.1 private servers tho but most of them should be pretty barren unfortunatly...

I think the EULA of the original Warcraft 3 was similar in content, so there's nothing new in this.

the original didn't had anything regarding giving ownership of everymap that was hosted on Bnet to blizzard, this is obviously a failsafe to prevent anything like the DOTA 2 incident happening to them ever again, now if a custom map blows up so much that it becomes its own Genre of games, it WILL be blizzard property and they'll claim ownership of it without the creators being able to do anything about it since they agreed to their TOS and hosted the map on their platform in order to play it in the first place

also there were no mentions of copyrighted material not being allowed in maps like now, i don't know how they can enforce it, but they definetly have the rights to according to the new TOS

Level 3
Man, I have nothing more to say...From Hero to Zero is what this patch looks like.
About EULA I have no clue, while it makes sense the maps we make are theirs, this copyright bs is insane...now we can't make maps that have completely different mechanics to the point where it is a new game? I'm devastated.

GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD
Actually you can just create a game with the same mechanics as your map have, but with different game title and names and so on. Blizzard can not patent game mechanics.

Level 6
Actually you can just create a game with the same mechanics as your map have, but with different game title and names and so on. Blizzard can not patent game mechanics.

Exactly. So don't as long as you don't use models from Dota 2 (for example) you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.