• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Reforged at its release state is a damn offence to Blizzard we all knew and respected.
Dont feel yourself bad for wining how bad reforged is, this is a truth we all have to show to everyone in Blizzard who still want to make good games.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Should we go back to 1.26? Its avaiable on piratebay. It also supports custom campaigns. It also supports a tool called RenderEdge for better graphics then this RapedForged.

just go get some 1.26/1.27/1.28/1.30 on some dota fansites and just use a CD key generator. Works everytime; just don't update.

By the way, is regular Warcraft III affected? Or are all custom games broken?
There is no "regular Warcraft 3" anymore. It's the same game. You also run Warcraft 3 classic from the same launcher as Reforged, only with a SD graphics setting. So neither in Reforged nor classic can you play custom campaigns or offline single player maps, and regardless of you actually having bought Reforged you now need to download the full 26 something GB of Reforged models.

Level 9
There is no "regular Warcraft 3" anymore. It's the same game. You also run Warcraft 3 classic from the same launcher as Reforged, only with a SD graphics setting. So neither in Reforged nor classic can you play custom campaigns or offline single player maps, and regardless of you actually having bought Reforged you now need to download the full 26 something GB of Reforged models.
Jesus christ what the actual [CENSORED]???!!!!!
Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?

Jesus christ what the actual [CENSORED]???!!!!!
Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?
The fun doesn't stop there.

In addition to what I just said they are also using the same graphics engine/rendering for both Reforged and Classic, so many, many existing custom maps with nice terrain now looks like shit in Classic too.

Specifically maps with terrain glows, omnilights and other widely used terrain doodads.

Level 9
The fun doesn't stop there.
In addition to what I just said they are also using the same graphics engine/rendering for both Reforged and Classic, so many, many existing custom maps with nice terrain now looks like shit in Classic too.
Specifically maps with terrain glows, omnilights and other widely used terrain doodads.
Goddammit.
What was the latest decent patch? 1.31? Does it work through GameRanger or Hamachi or whatever?

Goddammit.
What was the latest decent patch? 1.31? Does it work through GameRanger or Hamachi or whatever?
I would say 1.31 was quite good yeah. At least from a terraining perspective (I personally had no issues with it).

I'm not sure if Hamachi or Game ranger is possible on patches after they introduced the Bonjour stuff.

Patch 1.26 will still work though, but I have no idea if Bonjour prevents these kinds of things so don't quote me on it.

Level 9
I would say 1.31 was quite good yeah. At least from a terraining perspective (I personally had no issues with it).

I'm not sure if Hamachi or Game ranger is possible on patches after they introduced the Bonjour stuff.

Patch 1.26 will still work though, but I have no idea if Bonjour prevents these kinds of things so don't quote me on it.

Well, I guess after this fiasco its a matter of time before it gets hacked or cracked. Just gotta wait a bit more.

Did they removed solo games and custom campaigns? What the fuck? I hope it's just a bug or they forgot about campaigns, but seems like it's how they trying to beat piracy.

Don't panic. The folder for custom campaigns exists in the installed game and this means that it will be added in menu.
Modern marketing era means that first, you release a piece of shit - then you collect complaints and after all that you patch it to "normal" state. Same as they did with D3
All who were born in 1990-ies and used to buy games as CD can't accept this reality, because in the past games were polished before release, not after.

You know what is worse, moders and mapmakers abandoned this site on July "Doing mysterious preparations for Reforged", and the waiting ended on this. Now i can imagine the string of post of "Boys, i really wanted to update, but reforged gave me erectile dysfunction, i'm earing my chemical romance, so not updates"

I did not abandon. And I have a map in development for Reforged. I just was waiting for some bugfixes to finish it.
And a few models.

The real pain in the ass for modellers is the fact that all imported SD assets won't work for reforged (exceptions is - some effects models) and if you want to adapt you custom map/campaign with custom models/textures to reforged - you need to convert textures to dds, add map of normal for shaders, learn modern 3d modelling, find way to create facial lipsync files for your voice over, etc.
But in the same time - I can get rid of the most of old imported assets of stones and walls for my custom campaign because in reforged I can make this doodad, just by resizing and recolouring/retexturing existing asset from game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
There was an error in handling the request..png
I'm from the Third World Country. Here's the screenshot is commonly the bug. After the update is taken the load like 45 sec or 1 min! Okay! Blizzard! Again never bought pre-order and do I need the buys this sh*t.

Well, I guess after this fiasco its a matter of time before it gets hacked or cracked. Just gotta wait a bit more.

There's will probably be no such thing as 'hacked' or 'cracked' Warcraft III Reforged, Blizzard's DRM is strong. Hackers already failed hacking Starcraft Remastered and it's already 2 years old.

1.30.4 is the best patch for both players and modders. I've linked a backup file at page 3.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Man...why are we able to download Reforged when we don't have...I only have the normal version and I want to keep it that way, I don't want this goddamn gigabytes of reforged taking space on my pc...
Why the fuck am I downloading 29 GBs worth of content if I haven't purchased Reforged?
So you can crossplay with those who have it. It's how SCII does it with skins and SC: Remastered does it.
Smart programming, what can I say.

There's no adapted 1.32 - either you download Reforged and play with "SD mode" or you have to stick with 1.31.
I advise 1.30.4 or 1.29.2.
1.31.1 is bugged hard.

This is bullshit right?
blizzard.png

Nobody is going to buy this when word gets out of how poorly made it is.
Times when a pre-order strategy might work.

Did they removed solo games and custom campaigns? What the fuck? I hope it's just a bug or they forgot about campaigns, but seems like it's how they trying to beat piracy.
How's custom campaign menu removal a fight against piracy :confused:2?

I was talking about 1.31 though.
It has bugged trigger events on game load. You wouldn't want that.

~El

Level 17
So you can crossplay with those who have it. It's how SCII does it with skins and SC: Remastered does it.
Smart programming, what can I say.

You don't need to have the same content to have the same code. Classic users could have just gotten a code-only patch + UI update and still been able to cross-play, since you can't access the reforged graphics in-game anyway.

~El

Level 17
Why are you telling me? I didn't make Reforged.

Then why are you telling me it's to enable crossplay? It doesn't make sense.

The actual reason as William corroborated in THW discord was to enable mapmakers to "make sure their maps looked fine in Reforged", since you can access Reforged graphics in the editor regardless of whether you have Reforged. But it being mandatory and not opt-in/opt-out is fucking insane.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sadly, its the patch that adds runtime customizable items, abilities and stuff, which are all things I need.
I asked a while back, some people said it was playable.
Sigh, you need workarounds for these if someone can't hack-fix them:
1.31.1 [Bug] Loading saved game breaks some unit events
The actual reason as William corroborated in THW discord was to enable mapmakers to "make sure their maps looked fine in Reforged", since you can access Reforged graphics in the editor regardless of whether you have Reforged. But it being mandatory and not opt-in/opt-out is fucking insane.
You're saying I could make Reforged maps without having Reforged? But then, how would I test them!?
So, what does make sense then?
It's singleplayer content, no singleplayer content in game = no reason to pirate it. I assume it's why there is no campaigns yet.
The issue is that they might make an online custom campaign database like StarCraft II's Arcade but in Reforged also for .w3n files. That would kill communities. No one would upload maps here because it would be useless.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Heh, imagine if custom campaigns will come back... as DLC.
Maybe on Netease.
It would be too problematic for ActiBlizz to make contracts with mappers and not risk copyright infringement and whatnot. I don't think the EULA would protect them then.
Anyway, you can see HD content in the editor on Classic now. That's what I meant.
Oh, the tease.

Level 9
@Strydhaizer Thanks for pointing out that my status is outdated

Most importantly: I have 2 questions that I want someone to please answer or attempt to answer:
1-Is BLIZZARD EVER GOING TO REMASTER WC3 EVER AGAIN?
2-ARE THEY GOING TO IMPROVE TERRAIN AND GRAPHICS?
What do you guys think?

You're saying I could make Reforged maps without having Reforged? But then, how would I test them!?
So, what does make sense then?

The point of having reforged assets in the editor while not being able to test it in game is that to see what your map will look like in Reforged, but that's about it.

Heh, imagine if custom campaigns will come back... as DLC.

I heard someone talking about this aswell, Blizzard probably intentionally did that to avoid competition with the current available campaigns in the modding community. They're probably planning to make DLC campaigns soon.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What do you guys think?
More work?
You're funny.
By the time of another Reforged, the current gameplay mechanics will be ancient.

I heard someone talking about this aswell, Blizzard probably intentionally did that to avoid competition with the current available campaigns in the modding community.
No. Nova Covert Ops was the first and probably last SCII official custom campaign.
Fans have created lots of custom campaigns which require via Galaxy Editor playing.

They have nothing to compete against. They will actually get more Reforged purchases in the long run with fans doing work for free.

Last edited:
Level 6
Maybe they decided to lock the custom campaign for 2 weeks or so in order to avoid players focusing on custom campaigns instead of reforged campaign content?

I don't know but this is something I definitely want an answer for. I want to make my own Reforged campaigns. I have so many ideas.

Level 7
Where are those who defended Reforged to death?...

Where is the administrator of this website who said that the classic team was working very hard and the models looked impressive?...

Who will have the balls to defend this garbage?...

Who will explain to me why Blizzard has taken away the game I paid for more than 10 years ago and I've been playing since then?...

Where is my original dubbing?...

Where are my original menus?...

Where is my original Battle.net?...

As guilty are those who have participated in the development of this "game" as the acolytes who have sold their ideals and principles for money to defend this infectious trash...

I hope it was worth it.

~El

Level 17
I am still working on updates for my campaigns. I just can't believe that they would not support custom campaigns. I believe they just couldn't finish the feature on time. In any case, I will refrain from buying Reforged until this feature is in.

In that case, refrain from updating as well. This feature is missing even if you don't own reforged in the latest patch.

Level 19

Where is the administrator of this website who said that the classic team was working very hard and the models looked impressive?...

collecting rare gems of a good content to make you believe it totally worthed it's cost
one cannot deny if the team has been working hard or not unless he/she were a part of that team. keep in mind that even the brightest mind can be easily turned off by team lead with different views/key points of development process
anyone who's brave (and lame) enough

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
After seeing the gameplay with the Fall of Silvermoon, here’s some of my thoughts:

1. Way too many Elf Archmages, there were also Elven Paladins in lore; please add some of them as well.

2. I appreciate the addition of Thalorien but, could you also add Velonara, Belo’vir, and Vandellor? As I said - too many generic Elf Archmages

3. The Farstriders and Silvermoon Guardians are mixed up; the names should be the other way around.

4. I have mixed feelings about Sylvanas dying surrounded by flowers in a different place but even on the Warbringers cinematic she was supposed to be far from Silvermoon; I suggest swapping Arthas’ base with the outlying enemy base and move Sylvanas and her flowers a bit further to the west, and add the Windrunner Spire doodad.

5. Regarding #4, the gameplay is mixed up; I think it’s better to send a paltry force to attack Arthas, with Sylvanas’ taunt. And the said Windrunner Spire be blocked with an invulnerable wall that only disperses when the Farstrider base is down; and the Silvermoon Gate will only be vulnerable when you finally kill Sylvanas. This makes it easier to actually insert the Runners + Gargoyles quest

6. Human Captains? Did you guys forget to make a High Elf Lieutenant?

7. Elven buildings use Human architecture; You gave us the impression that you would give even Menag his own model when overhyped us with the super specific models for Paladins and Dreadlords (well they’re not even complete yet). Why stop there?

8. I see you really merged RoC with TFT, because the Shipyard, the Rune of Healing, the spells Silence, Life Drain, Howl of Terror, Charm, Breathe of Fire, and Rain of Fire, are all TFT content.

9. I like that you really based the Silvermoon map with WoW

10. No dialogue between Arthas and Anasterian? You spliced Grom to Hellscream, and you added female voice lines; you could at least give Anasterian some battle cries or insults to Arthas without the need of him responding if you care about the old voice so much.

11. With the Sunwell being a combination of doodads and terrains instead of a single doodad; what happens to the “glowing fountain” doodad that was supposed to be the Sunwell?

12. Why use dirty primitive golems? They’re supposed to be using Arcane Golems!
I don’t want to be way too complacent and propagate the way-below-the-bare-minimum “they will just fix it eventually” mentality; but I do hope - they actually fix them eventually.

Here’s my suggestion to the chapter:

Imgur

Level 7

Who will explain to me why Blizzard has taken away the game I paid for more than 10 years ago and I've been playing since then?...

As guilty are those who have participated in the development of this "game" as the acolytes who have sold their ideals and principles for money to defend this infectious trash...

I hope it was worth it.

They will start writing when everyone forgets that they did it. Cowards.

Level 28
In that case, refrain from updating as well. This feature is missing even if you don't own reforged in the latest patch.
Too late. Only this morning I realized that they patched the original game as well. I am in a phase were I can do many things in Word/Excel but not forever. (Ironically not being able to test implemented features might actually speed up the mapping process, as I will not be jumping into the game for every small thing).

Level 20
1-Is BLIZZARD EVER GOING TO REMASTER WC3 EVER AGAIN?
Even if they ever decide to remaster Warcraft III again, it's not going to be sooner than in 10-15 years and I honestly doubt that after that time there's going to be enough demand for Blizzard to see the point in doing another remaster.

2-ARE THEY GOING TO IMPROVE TERRAIN AND GRAPHICS?
Short answer - no. There might obviously be some minor tweaks and improvements, but if you're expecting vastly better terrain, lighting or literally anything else then you are most likely going to end up disappointed.

Maybe they decided to lock the custom campaign for 2 weeks or so in order to avoid players focusing on custom campaigns instead of reforged campaign content?
That's silly - why would they care if someone plays custom campaigns instead of Reforged campaigns? What matters is that people purchase this... thing and having custom campaigns available from the get go would help with that.

Level 9

I hope it was worth it.
I was once defending Reforged. Today I feel guilty for doing that.
I thought they had a fairy build with updated terrain and stuff. I was wrong.
Please forgive me if you wasted $30 because of me.
Look I am also crying: :pcry:

Level 7
I was once defending Reforged. Today I feel guilty for doing that.
I thought they had a fairy build with updated terrain and stuff. I was wrong.
Please forgive me if you wasted $30 because of me.
Look I am also crying: :pcry:

A wise man is not afraid to admit when he is wrong :)

This time Blizzard has gone too far...

Level 16
I halted until now to comment anything on Reforged, negative related. But HAVING to download THE GAME which I DON't even OWN... WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK BLIZZARD?!

negative rep me, I don't care. Having said that was fucking worth it. FUCK YOU Blizzard. I was going to actually buy the game, but having it forced this way? fuck off.

Oh my god. I just read that the main and absolute feature why I even bother to play wc3, are custom made campaigns, and they are locked out? Double fuck u.

Status
Not open for further replies.