Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Raider Neoh

Raider Neoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    so basically blizzard decided to merge both wc3 classic with reforged as one? Does that mean I can still play Classic? I didn't buy reforged

2. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Raider Neoh
    Yes you can still play it online, but you need to include an extra 23-28gb that you can't use...

3. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They never really mentioned that they will be replacing the CD versions with the Reforged, that's my only problem here (I'm pretty sure I understood their note that they will be updating both CD and Reforged separately while allowing crossplay between the two, not completely erasing the CD version and force everyone to play Reforged only that those people who didn't buy it will have a limited graphics settings). I don't care if they will just leave the old versions buggy, I didn't buy Reforged because I don't want it, but they force us to download it anyway.

Good thing one guy here in Hive was smart to backup 1.30.4 before everything went to shit.

Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  4. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    We discussed the release levels posted by @MasterBlaster a few days ago. We hoped the official release could be a) level or at least b) level.
    Unfortunately, we were all wrong. They just added an official campaign mode. No custom campaigns, many fatal bugs not fixed. This imprudent release must be c) level or even lower. Is there any hope now?

Edit: Beta (1.32.0.14481) test is still in progress in China. Further graphical improvements could be made, such as unit footprint, ripple when walking in water, and branches swaying in the wind.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  5. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    can anyone confirm if rexxar campaign is not finished in reforged?

6. Ian The Red

Ian The Red

Resources:
    Resources:
    If this kills the community it will devastate me... I have been following the Hive and playing W3 since middle school. Can't believe Blizz essentially ruined one of the last good things going for them to make a tiny bit of money. Nobody is going to buy this when word gets out of how poorly made it is. Any hopes of a Warcraft sequel are dead. Though with what Blizzard has become in the last couple of years that might be more of a blessing...

7. Raider Neoh

Raider Neoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    how wonderful, i play classic on a potato laptop and because of it it has trouble with updating the game.

23-28GB, failed to update, and whats worse, I just couldn't play now. I fear that this might be the day I stop playing this game...

Or is it possible to not update at all? Whenever I launch it it just tells me update available, forcing me to update it

8. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Raider Neoh
    Work around I'm using is to boot world editor and launch a test map, then quit the MISSION (Not to desktop) and you will pop back into the main menu.

9. Raider Neoh

Raider Neoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahhhhh the alternative I tried earlier, I wonder if there's other option. Kinda bothers me that I have to load editor just to play, duh

10. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    The current state of Reforged is like if you ordered food in restraunt and they brought you unboiled pasta

11. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That sublte itch is what compels you to buy it or settle on 23-28 extra gigs of useless data.
    I vehemently hate activision blizzards direction with this, I have inappropriate suggestions the executives can do with a number of large pineapples.

12. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They really need to explain why they lied here. They just said the two editions will be separate not migrate those CD version players to Reforged.

upload_2020-1-29_14-29-47.png upload_2020-1-29_14-29-54.png

13. GetLocalPlayer

GetLocalPlayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    These changes make me think about Dota 2 editor again. And I hate Dota 2.

14. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also in reforged Samwise Didier Temp icon has been replaced with this...
    Tempicon.jpg

If you are unaware, this is the old one feature our lord and savior Samwise:
    original temp icon.jpg

serveimage.jpg

15. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think the removal of custom campaigns is total and utter disaster, since most of the high quality downloads were custom campaigns. I think I will revert the upgrade, since I only play custom campaigns.

16. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, I couldn't hold my self and I've watched people stream some chapters of the Campaigns.
    Basically 95% of time it looks exactely like those imported stuff people have been posting on youtube for months now, there are some new quests, and even a new hero(not gonna potentially spoil anything), but nothing special. It's the same game with new graphics, they didn't even bother to put TfT units into RoC Campaigns, or change the units stats to that in TfT. I mean I will buy the game eventually, but I'm in no rush. I'll probably wait till they decrease the price, mostly out of the principal. I don't think its worth it for exactely the same game.

EDIT: Cutscenes and interludes have been improved, but nothing special, again.

17. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should we go back to 1.26? Its avaiable on piratebay. It also supports custom campaigns. It also supports a tool called RenderEdge for better graphics then this RapedForged.

18. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played it and satisfied so far. Aside from some weird lighting in the Prophet cutscene, the game looks good. I had a slowdown near the granaries in the Andorhal mission for some reason.

Played up to and including Stratholme, which looks exactly like in the demo. Even the WOW bosses are still in but I would have liked even more references.

I saw a comparison of the new and old Stratholme cutscenes and I am really glad they got rid of them, the animations are so terrible in that one. I'm glad I don't have to watch that tripe for over 5 hours.

It's nothing groundbreaking but I never expected it to be. I got a graphical update and some remade missions and I am happy with that. I would have liked more but such is life, for me the graphical update was the most important and for the most part it's good. With the new assets I might make the new campaigns I wanted blizzard to make. Maybe make a post-WC2 Blackrock campaign.

Are you sure about Custom Campaigns? The functionality is still in the editor. Perhaps you get the functionality after you finish all the campaigns? Maybe they forgot to add the button, which would be embarrasing. Custom campaigns with new models is one of the reasons I bought this.

19. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So ugly new graphics, removal of features and ruining current graphics? Now that is what you call a job well done.

20. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can set world editor to use SD assets by going into File>Preferences.

Good thing I'm using 3rd party tools for mapmaking nowadays, no way Blizzard can claim intellectual property over my maps then.
    The other two points are complete bs though. RIP custom gaming community I guess.