1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The new trigger actions are not listed when I change the type of my trigger action. For example, it only shows the 3 trigger actions for special effects which existed before. When I add a new trigger action and choose the category special effect, it shows all available actions.

edit: My mistake, they are listed but much further below. Maybe group them together?

2. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have enabled the flag "Hide minimap in preview screens" and I still see the minimap when choosing the map and hosting it?

3. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can we have the directory for placing files be a choice? the system drive tends to be small and that is a big problem for maps being a fest inside it.

4. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i would preffer option to keep wc3 downloads for maps/campaigns and other things like save files bound to wc3 folder instead of having it always in documents.

Local files should still work for sake of all people who have it as only option to avoid new dubbing on all non english versions. I'm glad game is being still worked on, because it gives hope for it to finally get better where it matters over time.

While i'm fine with mess that is menues and hd assets since its a bit too extensive to redo it the right way now, unless there is some effort to do some "mega patch" for wc3 later that would make things right in that department later, it's still something that should be adressed, even if it wont come back to be a more hardcoded robust menu.
    It should be as robust as possible and should operate as much as original menu as possible(ideally how SC:R is so pretty much the same but with minor adjustments for new options and features - which in case of wc3 would mean original menues with similar changes).
    Please focus on all core issues both ones that came prior to RF's release in lead up updates(i.e. desyncs) and all brought in with Reforged.

I hope that by end of this year we will have feature complete wc3 with all of it's features back including save and load in multiplayer and singleplayer, custom campaigns and all else.

From issues that may have been overlooked i want to repeat: local files not working since last patch and custom games not showing that people leave or get dropped including lack of desync notification.

Possibly because for no reason it was switched from host player to that blizzard bot in melee games, which isnt in customs.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  5. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wrath of the betrayer. Mission 4 of sentinel campaign is still broken why did no one report this.

Bottom naga base doesnt attack

Reason? Simple its just like Sylvanas last mission

@Kam

Can we get a hotfixerino

Weve fixed hyjal, new power in lordaeron, march of scourge, and made culling not retard easy to wipe out purple base (i still can) and you can no longer item farm malganis. He only drops items twice
    1st time item 2nd time Consumable VS racking up 5 Strength Belts.

Lets fix another oopsie mission shall we!

EDIT:

Bug/Oversight or intended I will say unlike Hyjal and other levels being broken snorefests with the stuff we got them to fix.

I actually Enjoyed this level far more without the South base attacking. I think after level 2 and then following this up with level 5 and how frequently and unrelentingly spammy naga attacks are it starts to get very samey

This level however is supposed to feel like a race against time which while as a veteran i never felt it in classic it is severaly diminished in reforged to evoke it's intended tone.

This blocked path breaking AI makes it feel more like Another of those RPG no rush maps with only having to worry about the west base which 12 bears can deal with very casually. Even b etter if u teleport staff maeiv into the middle to FoK if youre feeling frisky.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude... screenshots work since 1960. Are you OK?

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You get the jist of it. Easy to see why the AI is broken.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I ain't getting any jist. I'm getting a sense of grammar however.

9. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Murica

10. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    when was that fixed?

11. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was fixed in 1.32.2 or 3

Archimonde was level one and anetheron and rage winterchill would stop spawning

The double azgalor and rage winterchill wave never happens because the enemy would foodcap block itself from TFT demon food cost values.

It ruined the mission

In the culling
    The purple undead teleporting to your base when they left the base and the extra 4 towers surrounding malganis altar and him not dropping infinite items is also my doing for slamming the pathetic purple base offense and defense.

A new power in lordaeron sylvanas last level had ZERO attacks because all doodad gates were intack another fix i got them to make.

Also got them to fix tyrande and demo ic illidans missing inventory from the 1.31 patch that was still in classic that broke their inventories.

However minor i also got them to restore the long forgottten +6 claws that was removed in night elf campaign for killing furbolgs in the mission where you recruit druids of talon.

That had been missing well before 1.26

Other people had pointed out the lichs wouldnt attack or even ressurrect in March of the scourage arthas mission. Namely because the lichs were named and not original and thus had no AI.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some 1.32+ feedback.

Would be nice, as before, for the game to take you back to the map you just played via Custom Games instead of bringing you to the first map from the folder.

Some text needs adjustment. For instance that from the Quest Log, it's too small and uncentered.
    anima.png

Also, Reforged maps should not be seen at all in Classic. Instead you get an error message and the loaded map details look like this:
    anima.png
    But the map details are read fine before creating the game:
    anima.png

The cooldown blue timer FX on icons is too opaque. You can't tell what's behind it.
    anima.png

Would be neat to have an option to fill all slots with Computer players or close or open them.

AI might be causing lag spikes in melee games. See attached replay.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  13. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Could it be possible to separate Holy Light and/or Death Coil valid damage target fields and valid healing target fields in the Object Editor? It would be nice, as this would allow one to make use of the native error messages for invalid targets.

14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    so how suggestions go, fellow kids?

15. Herod

Herod

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like much to see 1) zoom in out otions 2)possibility to select more than 12 units maybe 24 or even 36 to do massive map battles like AoE. 3) custom campaign menu to play