1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No, we are using next to no Reforged assets actually (because they suck)

2. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Guys is the scaling issue of models in classic vs reforged having different sizes problem only with original models or with custom models as well?

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then, why the obvious similarities? Are you using WoW stuff then?

4. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sculpts, WoW and Hots the only stuff from reforged is that Bog Beast which I find obsolutely unfitting as Jungle Stalker. The goal is looking like Warcraft III but HD maybe that's why Reforged is looking similar but they are alot worse in that case since RotS uses mostly purist designs

5. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    See the reforged icons you unlock require campaign completions. The ones for the prologue list the 3 demo missions.

So i giess thankfully those are finally included within the default game now.

Of the 8 "revamped maps" i hope its

Strahtolm
    Dalaran
    Silvermoon
    Hyjal
    Black Citidel
    Icecrown
    Frostmourn
    Tomb of Sargeras

These could all do with some upgrades.

If I had to pick just one though.
    Silvermoon

Horrible oversoght however

The rollong stone doors in Azjol Nerub in the campaign in reforged use a jungle themed door with vines ect.

Somethong to notify the classic team about when everyone gets to the end of all the campaigns and finds out of place models that look like shit

6. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. The Culling - confirmed;
    2. The Fall of Silvermoon - confirmed;
    3. The Siege of Dalaran - confirmed;
    4. A New Power in Lordaeron - basically confirmed, Capital City dooads have been datamined;
    5. The Tomb of Sargeras - like above, tomb dooads have been datamined;
    6. A Symphony of Frost and Flame - Icecrown citadel has been datamined, so seems likely;
    7. The Black Temple - seems likely, I think they said something like that;
    8. ????
    And without the new voice lines, to me at least, it means no new quests, cutscenes or dialogues. And there'll be no story changes. To me this basically means reterrained instead of redone.

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Source on those?

8. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzcon 2019 Warcraft 3 Reforged panel, there is a full video on youtube, but I can't find it. Type something like that on youe and maybe you'll find it :/
    And the datamined dooads som in here: Warcraft 3 Reforged Leaked Previews and on youtube again, there are a bunch of videos.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hopefully this won't stay this way. These cheap edits look worse than original Warcraft III models. Our modellers here can do 200% times better.

[​IMG]

courtesy of @MN Lahmar

10. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    X'D AR's female DH and Proxy's Lady Blaumex V2 models are far better, but i guess that's the most low quality they could get :peasant-work-work:

11. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, these models just look ridiculous.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  12. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If only the grid layout made sense. Zxcv for abilitie . R for attack..... fml

Customkeys download link is so much better. Qwer abilitie . A for attack. X for hold position ect.

Using abilities and switching numbered unit groups are top and bottom of keyboard. Obviously blizzard doesnt play their game. They most likely all click their abilities

13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Having tried them in the Beta - the models themselves didn't really bother me all that much (though obviously they are low quality), but the portraits... It's painfully obvious that they just took DK/DH and slightly feminized them. Neither looks like a female, more like Arthas/Illidan were into a certain sexual fetish.

14. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Transgender Arthas and Illidan, lol
    Yeah, when I said models, I meant mostely portraits, apologies for being non precise. (though the models themselves look kinda rediculous, too)

Btw @MasterBlaster, I've seen a lot of people compalaining on Battle.net forums that the game is still bugged beyond belief. Is that still the case from your experience?

Also, @MasterBlaster @MasterHaosis, I tried to attone for spreading all of this negative enery ever since Blizzcon 2019, by trying to spread some possitive energy(now that Holidays are over, and Winter has come, and thus SAT depression), and since you were the ones answering to my negative energy the most, I'm tagging your name and linking the possitive energy thread. (Reforged - Warcraft 3 Reforged DLC?)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  15. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    used the Reforged World editor and it actually made Bago's Quest the Custom Campaign work.

I'm optimistic now lol

16. Recklessness

Recklessness

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anyone know if the greying out of custom models in maps will be removed by launch or if thats something that will remain?

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Probably will remain since they are do not pbr materials and the new shader and Blizzard simply ignores the issue

18. Recklessness

Recklessness

Resources:
    Resources:
    That sucks :/. On the bright side I cant wait till our modelers start using all these new textures and resources.

19. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It would be extra nice if Blizzard increased the Max Farsight of the camera. Because now its limit is the same as in 2002 - 10000 points.
    You can't create great view with far view landscape in your cutscene((((

And the second thing - weather Editor. In order to combine weather using in-game sets of particles (ash storm for instance)

20. RIngoblood2211

RIngoblood2211

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Venombite I been in beta now for several weeks on a low-end system and to be honest performance wise I have had little trouble and as for bugs in the beginning there were many but as the patches gone by less and less and as of the most recent I'm very please with the current build.