1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. AlwaysAndForever

AlwaysAndForever

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My final idea for UI(from wow), and I know you can make it better to look nice!:peasant-cheers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And what I mentioned before was to create a folder for variables, but you realized it wrong!
    Here you can see what I was tried to say.
    [​IMG]
    And please keep the first icons of the races, and move the queue times!
    [​IMG]

2. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had a dream last night that the problem with some of the textures/models not loading correctly was simply because the virtual directories in the CASC files weren't setting them up correctly and/or ignoring stuff based on the sequence they were being loaded.

That was just a dream; I think I was thinking entirely of the SC2 editor :/ I don't think what I thought of is editable in this game.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well night elf models are out...

at least they didnt turn Illidan into a Green Lantern with the silly glowing green eye sockets behind the blindfold

and the color of the blades of his warglaives arent light-green as how it ridiculously appeared in WoW

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes they did but for the TfT version only.
    Night Elf Models from Warcraft III Reforged - Tyrande, Malfurion, Faerie Dragon

6. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    Metamorphosis animation is shit... the special effects of the dark energy glow thing plus the roar sound are missing... its just like how DH in WoW transform.

The animation in the orig WC3 is amazing... its like a demonic version of a Super Saiyan transformation in DBZ

7. DNC

DNC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn it, as expected they disappoint me again and again. Demon Hunter's blade is suck, look at this [​IMG] perfect ratio and curvature, when he attacks the animation look smooth and sharp. Metamorphosis is suck too, bad redesign, bad redesign.

8. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I stopped checking models closer the moment I saw Ancient Of Wonders, I really lost all the trust I had in Reforged.

9. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thw hero doesn't even metamoprps anymore, it just turn darker and baldes go away

10. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Best $40 I ever spent. Even if not all of the models are perfect, one super high-res puppy on a 3d modelling website can cost ~$30, so much more useful to get 2000 for $40. Even if you dislike 90% of the models that's still 200 models for $40 :) and for the record I like a lot of the models. I do agree that some of them might have some rough readability, but I don't usually play maps where there are so many creatures that readability is a problem anyway.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Such backwards compatibility, much wow.(I'll not hide images before those issues are solved by Blizzard)

IMG_2918.JPG IMG_2919.JPG IMG_2920.JPG IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2922.JPG

12. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    @YourArthas

Oh, wow... This is so bad that it's actually hilarious :D That said, some parts of the last image show that Reforged assets have the potential to create a really wonderful terrain (imo). It's just a shame that you obviously cannot rely on the game appropriately representing your past work.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  13. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The map is from Saken, I'm using his pics posted on Discord so better to ask him

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nobody said it'll be perfect. You'll have to tweak the colours and stuff.

17. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is no amount of tweaking I can do to fix the sheer volume of issues presented by the poor decisions made by the art department to go through with ruining scale, rotation, placement, height, and out right fully changing some models & their entire color schemes so that they don't even match the intended environment they were made for originally.

If Blizzard wants mods made prior to Reforged to work and play as intended, they need to restore original scaling, rotation, and placement of every object. Period.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those screenshots are from my roleplay map YARP - Riverlands, a massively built roleplay terrain that has a playable 256x256 area in the middle with a sandbox area on the outside of the map to make it a full 480x480 terrain.

For better comparison for YourArthas's last screenshot he shared of mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Furthermore, further proof of rotation being changed on objects as well as displacement of doodads that have zero pathing, so they shouldn't be affected at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  18. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah there have been a number of changes significant enough to devastate some map designs, mine took about 6 hours to fix. But do note that there are options you can set in your map that I believe "force" the gametype. For example a map may be set to NON-reforged I think. That being said you can make some really pretty stuff fast and easy in reforged. I just made this super-fast including the wood tiles. upload_2019-11-22_23-41-54.png

If anyone wants to know how I made the tiles I used photoshop to save DDS after loading the normal maps in this program: Bounding Box Software - Materialize

19. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For just my Riverlands map alone, most detailed areas took well over 6 hours just to create, so I'd rather not essentially re-do entire sections like that for the sake of making it look good for both Classic and Reforged. That is my main focus because all maps should be playable and look the same in design in both Classic & Reforged without having to re-do specific areas or entire maps just for it to look good in Reforged when it was great as is.

I'll definitely look into forcing the game type, but I'm not sure how that would make doodad rotation, scale, and placement go back to normal.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: