1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Garfielf

Garfielf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Custom weather effects! Or just more options to choose from

2. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any info about official hive's community feedback letter to Blizzard ?

3. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    You need to summon @Archian.

4. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. Arian - I summon you.

5. Marchosponge

Marchosponge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi Pete Stilwell,

I do hope that warcraft 3 reforged would include the following details which would definitely make warcraft 3 reforged an improved and more fun game.

1) New races in reforged:

Having a new race or 2 would definitely create the new hype for more people to explore as some may be good in orcs or other races already and new players may be able to start off with new races as a way to compete with the older players.
    This would also create the hype which is the same as warcraft 3 first launch release.
    We believe that the ideas could be drawn out from the races from world of warcraft which would eventually be a good idea to be used in the reforged.

2) Character design :

The characters could be made more cooler and cuter as the game shouldn't be too serious.
    The current paladin and main character didn't look as cute or fun as the old hero during the blizzard convention showcase.
    We do hope that the game wouldn't look to be too serious as it's really missing the key points of warcraft 3, which it's key elements are fun, funny, competitive and looks cool to play with.
    The previous version had all the key components in which makes it a very successful game.
    As we do hope the newer version would simply have new competitive maps for 1v1 and 2v2 as most competitive plays focuses on these 2 arenas.
    Just please don't make another dota 2 character as dota 2 really makes warcraft 3 looks bad.
    My hopes have always been that warcraft 3 have a whole list of characters which looks really cool and we hope for more to come.

3) Item shop:

We do hope also that item shops would provide items that certain race could benefit from.
    For instance certain items would be good for certain race or certain heroes or probably new items such as

4) Tavern shop:

Tavern shops could easily reuse heroes from world of warcraft as new heroes to be played in competitve maps during 1v1 or 2v2.

5) New heroes :

New heroes could be created from world of warcraft or heroes from the storm and inputted into the hero list for the current races.
    Probably blizzard could help to improve in the character design but using back skills from heroes from the storm.

6) Race frame missing in game:

The frame for the race during the hero's being clicked went missing, as it was really warcraft 3's icon which stands out and shouldn't be removed.
    For instance when you use nightelf, you'll see leave box up frame around your character or building that you clicked.
    That frame shouldn't be removed, however should be improved with nicer design i feel.
    It was really warcraft 3 iconic design and if you remove it, everyone will know that this isn't warcraft at all.

7) hero's combo :
    We do hope that new units or new heroes could help to improve in the combo during the battles.
    in the past, we have orcs where witch doctor's static trap & farseer's lightning with tarun chieftan's wave could easily take out undead's mass fiend's combo.
    We hope that either elements could be added that probably new units could help to balance the game better or so or probably could fortify new strategies in play.
    Just don't create new units that are redundant and unpopular in game.

8) design of game should be similar to heroes of the storm :

Design of game should be similar to heroes of storm as their grasses and landscape looks really perfect for warcraft 3 reforged to be used.
    Obviously if warcraft 3 reforged uses heroes of the storm landscape or trees or buildings in warcraft 3 reforged, it would look perfect!
    Heroes of the storm's color and character design suits warcraft 3 reforged perfectly.
    IF warcraft 3 reforged were to use this interface as a guideline they will definitely reach higher heights with it!
    Even the skills of heroes in heroes of the storm, could be even brought over to warcraft 3 reforged nicely as new skills or unit skills which have never been done before but only been used in dota games.
    Actually, heroes of the storm operating system is perfectly fine for warcraft 3 reforged as their character design and colors of the landscape is perfectly good to be used for warcraft 3 reforged even the size of the chracter is perfect.

9) Races additional points :
    My take for this would be warcraft 3 reforged could use skills from heroes of the storm to be used to create new unit's skills and new units.

10) Maps
    Maps could be improved like using map that could include japanese trees or such as other trees or landscape that you could find in this link below.

11) Introduction illustration :
    The illustration and story telling in campaign mode should be like the ones from heroes of the storm or could follow the explanation from this link.

Even the buildings look perfect for warcraft 3 reforged.

I've always been a core hard fan for warcraft 3 but the hype died off in the past.
    We really hope that you'll look into this feedback for more ideas and hope that warcraft 3 reforged would be the perfect game for the future.

Best Regards,
    James

6. Dr. Benevolent Guy

Dr. Benevolent Guy

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This guy nailed it.

8. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Miz'tah Taz'dingo Ma'ne

Miz'tah Taz'dingo Ma'ne

Resources:
    Resources:
    LoLz mon, i be thin'n dat netease wnna skrew da Reforged togeder with Diablo immoral.

he definiteli did mon.

luLz, i see wat ya men there mon
    edit: ingame purchises mon. gud t'ing that i did'nt pre-order mon.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  10. Dr. Benevolent Guy

Dr. Benevolent Guy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think all AAA companies are going to fall this 2019. Right. Sacrificing customer good will and artistic creativity for short term gains really kills it. Micro-transactions here and there. Following fornite and mobile games to the pc user space is really a very big mistake.

its Immortal.

11. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As far as I can tell difficulty isn't preserved properly in custom campaigns. E.g. if you play mission 1 on easy and then click continue into mission 2 it'll be at normal difficulty instead of easy.

12. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's always been the case with custom campaigns.

13. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hopefully it will be fixed.

I was thinking about additional races. Some people are against it, but if they are only available in custom maps or when toggled on in melee custom and single player games, everyone would be happy.
    It would also be cool if they added race factions (e.g. Default/Blackrock/Warsong/... for Orc) which are basically just the base race with different skins and models (maybe one unique unit or a couple of unique abilities or something).
    I doubt Blizzard will add either though.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  14. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reskins I could see happen considering that's a thing that exists in Starcraft II already.

Edit; in the Frozen Throne orc campaign, chapter 2 Old Hatreds, when you're in Mulgore doing the quest Rescue Cairne's Son, you're supposed to meet up with Bovan Windtotem and his spiritwalkers. There's a cinematic when you enter their village but Bovan Windtotem's lines have no accompanying audio.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    To be honest I don't think map protection stops that if they are disgusting enough for take advantage of people's maps and make money out of it, they have totally 0 respect regarding every person who has been creating maps for fun...

17. Levoo

Levoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi,

You know the issue with "unit is attacked" but the damage not dealt , (attacker hold ,stop etc) that why we need dmg,indexers engines.

Will Warcraft devs fix this? with new Event or something??

Cos i see they release new patches and make Reforge.

18. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are going to add a generic attack is launched event, I believe.

19. Dr. Benevolent Guy

Dr. Benevolent Guy

Resources:
    Resources:
    you don't have to worry brother, Blizzard is going down the grave. Screenshot_20181225-155000.jpg
    map protection is not enough.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  20. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Adding queue animation by index would be sweet <3.